• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So... Stone Edge anyone? :(

*goes back to sulk/own in the Battle Tower*

Gravijah said:
Finally replaced my Pokemon Platinum, so I'm no longer grumpy. Which starter should I pick, guys? I've used all three before in D/P.

Empoleon > all by a good mile.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
So... Stone Edge anyone? :(

*goes back to sulk/own in the Battle Tower*

Empoleon > all by a good mile.

Empoleon is definitely my favorite, but I've used him a few times already. Only used Torterra... once. Kind of.

CoolS

Is there any condition to activate the Arceus Event? Because if there isn't, something is either really wrong with my game or my Arceus :(

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Make sure to teach it to a male so that you can breed it onto others if need be. Stone Edge doesn't come cheap.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You know you just traded me a perfect Ditto right? Right??

Sixfortyfive said:
Make sure to teach it to a male so that you can breed it onto others if need be. Stone Edge doesn't come cheap.

Dude I know. o_0

My Cherry Red is male. <3

Gravijah

Echoes said:
Does anyone have a Roost and Thunder Wave TMs? *sigh* I'm getting tired of looking for TMs.

If you still need them in a little while, I'll be able to check my games.

Edit: My four year old sister actually says Po-KAY-mon. :lol adults can't even manage that.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Eteric Rice said:
What do you mean perfect? :O

Well the name was "ALL 31" so I assume that's talkin' 'bout IVs. o_0

Which is perfect since I just got a female Piplup with the nature I want...

Eteric Rice

Andrex said:
Well the name was "ALL 31" so I assume that's talkin' 'bout IVs. o_0

Which is perfect since I just got a female Piplup with the nature I want...

Wow, I'm gonna have to get you to breed some stuff for me. :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Eteric Rice said:
Wow, I'm gonna have to get you to breed some stuff for me. :D

645 is the one giving things out like candy, but I'll try and help where and when I can. :lol

Echoes

Anyone have a spare Caterpie/Butterfree? I have a Chansey swarm; I want to hunt down Lucky Eggs. I did the Bug Catching Contest once with Pinsir, so I'm not sure if I can go and do it again. (the only place for Caterpie in SS :/)

Sixfortyfive

Grindin' on Falkner to prepare for Red... Think I'll try again at level 65.

Echoes said:
Anyone have a spare Caterpie/Butterfree? I have a Chansey swarm; I want to hunt down Lucky Eggs. I did the Bug Catching Contest once with Pinsir, so I'm not sure if I can go and do it again. (the only place for Caterpie in SS :/)
I can get you one in a few minutes. Would you like a level 94 Pickup Pachirisu as well? :3

Echoes

Sixfortyfive said:
Grindin' on Falkner to prepare for Red... Think I'll try again at level 65.

I can get you one in a few minutes. Would you like a level 94 Pickup Pachirisu as well? :3
Oh my god yes lol. BTW how do you grind Gym Leaders? Call -> Fight -> Call -> Fight, etc?

Gravijah, if you don't need it, then yup ;) 4984 7134 0994

Gravijah

Echoes said:
Oh my god yes lol. BTW how do you grind Gym Leaders? Call -> Fight -> Call -> Fight, etc?

Gravijah, if you don't need it, then yup ;) 4984 7134 0994

My Pearl friend code is 2579 5346 8290, I'll be in the WiFi room.

Sixfortyfive

I'm in.

This Pachirisu is "competitively trained" (lol), btw. I was looking through a list of Pokemon with the Pickup ability and thinking "Which of these Pokemon actually don't have a more useful in-battle ability than Pickup?.... Okay, Pachirisu, we'll go with that."

That Claire got her scaly dragon ass chomped up. She didn't stand a chance against Ampharos disharge and my Feraligtr ice fang. Wiped the floor with her.

The elite four are probably gonna wipe the floor with me though.:lol
Sixfortyfive said:
Get online and give me a minute to buy one.
You can buy stone edge?
I thought it was only available through BP in platinum and HG/SS.

Sixfortyfive

JosM88 said:
You can buy stone edge?
I thought it was only available through BP in platinum and HG/SS.
I still had 480+ BP saved up on Plat. Less than 400 now though.

I started buying all kinds of shit I didn't need during my Battle Frontier run because I kept getting close to the 999 limit anyway.

Sixfortyfive said:
I still had 480+ BP saved up on Plat. Less than 400 now though.

I started buying all kinds of shit I didn't need during my Battle Frontier run because I kept getting close to the 999 limit anyway.
I'm squinting at the screen right now...

You sure you aren't just adding an extra zero?

:|

Edit:
I've been thinking of a sixth pokemon for my competitive team. I can't think of a specific one to complement my team, but I was thinking of making it a baton passer.

here is my current team:
Infernape/Magmortar(On rotation)
Empoleon
Heracross
Electivire
Togekiss
Gliscor

Who would complement these guys with baton pass?

Note: I won't be able to reply since I'll be at work all day.

Sixfortyfive

Takes a long time to get all those colored prints, all the ribbons, and that trainer card upgrade.

100+ consecutive wins on Battle Tower (single)
50+ consecutive wins on Battle Tower (double)
50+ consecutive wins on Battle Tower (with CPU partner)
50+ consecutive wins on Battle Tower (with human partner)
Rank 5 on Wi-Fi Battle Tower
49+ consecutive wins on Battle Factory
49+ consecutive wins on Battle Arcade
49+ consecutive wins on Battle Castle
170+ consecutive wins on Battle Hall

That's a lot of BP!

EDIT: Red and Blue are pretty smart for quest trainers... Seeing that my Pokemon has a supereffective move against their current team member and switching out to a Pokemon that both resists that move and also threatens my guy with a supereffective move of their own. They've both done this to me.

thefil

I am so certain the random number generator is cheating. I am constantly having more trouble that I should be with Pokemon much lower than me, because my confusion "hurt itself" rate is almost 90% (I started recording it) and my response to flinch moves is almost always to flinch.

Okay, I've been playing for some 4-5 hours, and now I'm highly annoyed by random trainers calling me over the phone. Is there a way to delete them? I think I remember Gold/Silver/Crystal had the option to delete contacts that weren't important. But I just can't find the option here. Sorry if this was asked already.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Holy shit, Lance was tough. :lol

I kicked the crap out of the rest of the Elite Four, but didn't have good counters for his Dragonites, and not a single Ice move on my entire team, but I came out victorious. Came up against Lance with a Lvl. 42 Typhlosion, Lvl. 43 Ampharos, Lvl. 42 Staraptor, Lvl. 42 Golem, Lvl. 43 Poliwrath, Lvl. 15 Furret (Figured my trusty HM slave deserved a spot in my first Hall of Fame.)

Put a Choice Scarf on Poliwrath so he could out-speed and Hypnosis every Dragonite, a Silk Scarf on Golem for added Explosion damage, and Choice Specs on Ampharos for added Disharge damage. It was a hell of a ride. Golem and Poliwrath came out the MVPs, only missing one Hypnosis and KOing every Dragonite with an Explosion. Brought back Golem to max out Rock Polish on a sleeping Charizard, took two Rollouts to KO it, and then first turn KOed Aerodactyl on his final Rollout. It was glorious.

I love you, Golem.

Sixfortyfive

Beat Red.

Typhlosion lv64
Togekiss lv64
Sudowoodo lv64
Espeon lv64
Gyarados lv64
Dragonite lv64

Nothin' but level-up moves and HMs. And some Max Revives.

fisheyes

My Zubat finally evolved into Golbat. Then, one level later, evolved again to Crobat. So awesome.

Incidently, Golbat and Crobat both have cool looking walking sprites.

Darklord

Banned
Quick question. If I leave a pokemon in the daycare for a while and it hits a level that makes it evolve will it evolve at the daycare or stay as the original one?

Fitz

Darklord said:
Quick question. If I leave a pokemon in the daycare for a while and it hits a level that makes it evolve will it evolve at the daycare or stay as the original one?

It will not evolve whilst in the daycare.

Quick question of my own, can you have both Spikes and Stealth Rock up at the same time?

Colkate said:
It will not evolve whilst in the daycare.

Quick question of my own, can you have both Spikes and Stealth Rock up at the same time?

Yes. There are teams built around doing just that and using roar/whirlwind to make your opponent take damage repeatedly.

On a related note, I hope Stealth rock goes to neutral damage on everything for Gen 5. Losing half health to an entry hazard should just not happen.

vid

Choopy said:
Positive feedback for JADS. Woke up this morning and gave me all 4 regi has promised.

Awesome!:D

Seconded. Just an hour or so ago, he was kind enough to let me record the four Regis in my Pokedex. Hopefully they find their way to a good trainer!

Darklord

Banned
How the FUCK do I beat the Gym leader with the Gengar? I have no trouble with any other pokemon but that damn Gengar and it's Shadow Ball is a one hit kill to every single one of my pokemon, even after leveling them up several levels each and switching them around to try other types.

Sixfortyfive

Darklord said:
How the FUCK do I beat the Gym leader with the Gengar? I have no trouble with any other pokemon but that damn Gengar and it's Shadow Ball is a one hit kill to every single one of my pokemon, even after leveling them up several levels each and switching them around to try other types.
Togetic used Extrasensory. It's supereffective!
Gengar used Shadow Ball. It doesn't affect Togetic...

JSnake

Yeah! I beat Red with no items and with three of my pokemon left!! I hate using items in battle, I feel like it cheapens the battle. So I'm really glad I didn't have to use items.

My team:

Gyarados L60
Infernape L65
Alakazam L60
Gengar L60
Tyranitar L60
Heracross L60

No, I'm not rounding up or down. I made sure their levels were divisible by 5 because I'm OCD as shit. :lol

Hey, 645, I'm up for a battle.

MNC

Sixfortyfive said:
Togetic used Extrasensory. It's supereffective!
Gengar used Shadow Ball. It doesn't affect Togetic...
Fucking Shadowball. Just unleashed Ampharos with Thunderpunch and I OHKO that motherfuceker. Good to know my Togetic is still of use :3

jman2050

MNC said:
Fucking Shadowball. Just unleashed Ampharos with Thunderpunch and I OHKO that motherfuceker. Good to know my Togetic is still of use :3

Togetic is well worth training because Togekiss kicks enormous amounts of ass and is well worth the trouble of getting her and its special moves.

Top Bottom