• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Darklord

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
Togetic used Extrasensory. It's supereffective!
Gengar used Shadow Ball. It doesn't affect Togetic...

Togetic is immune?! God damn, I didn't know this. I've been using Togetic but I guess he must have gone down to the other ghosts before Gengar shows up.

Alright...lets do this. *KCHING* ~~~~VS Morty~~~~

...YES! I can't believe a mutant egg chicken beat that thing.

Thanks for the tip.:D

ryan-ts

Question, if I breed a couple Pokemon, trade them to someone else and then start my game over and trade them back will I get the EXP boost? I'm thinking about starting my game over and I want to add Scyther and Poliwag from the beginning but don't want them to level up too quickly.

ryan-ts said:
Question, if I breed a couple Pokemon, trade them to someone else and then start my game over and trade them back will I get the EXP boost? I'm thinking about starting my game over and I want to add Scyther and Poliwag from the beginning but don't want them to level up too quickly.

They will be traded pokemon, as you will have a different trainer ID from them when you restart.

That also means that they wont obey you until you get the needed badges. :D

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
ryan-ts said:
Question, if I breed a couple Pokemon, trade them to someone else and then start my game over and trade them back will I get the EXP boost?
Yes.

It's almost impossible to pass the level limit in HGSS considering that the 1st badge raises the ceiling on your limit and that the entire Johto quest consists of underleveled trainers anyway.

ryan-ts

biggyfries said:
They will be traded pokemon, as you will have a different trainer ID from them when you restart.

That also means that they wont obey you until you get the needed badges. :D

Nooooooooooooooooo :lol

ryan-ts

Sixfortyfive said:
Yes.

It's almost impossible to pass the level limit in HGSS considering that the 1st badge raises the ceiling on your limit and that the entire Johto quest consists of underleveled trainers anyway.

Guess I'll breed them then, now all I need to do is catch a Ditto.

Guys, stay out of the Pokemon: Black & White version speculation thread. It's fucking scary in there. Trolls and shit flying everywhere, even from admins:

Dragona Akehi said:
Dragona Akehi said:
I skipped Superior Silver, hopefully it's a new engine and it doesn't run like crap.
EmCeeGramr said:
i just told you to not bring up a bunch of pointless stuff that only a manchild would care about and that nobody else would even understand

why did you do it anyway

*shudder*

Gonna stay in here where everyone is nice and helps each other.

notsol337

marked forever
Well, after an hour of bad luck with Snorlax, I just let him faint. Does another one eventually spawn, or am I going to be trading for a munchlax at some point?

p.s I'd like a Munchlax, gaf! >:0

Blu_LED said:
When's a good time to evolve Haunter? As soon as possible, or should I wait?
Whenever you get the chance go for it. No benefit to waiting.

I can help evolve your Scyther, Nate. Just give me your friend code. Mine is 5242 4242 3707.

Blu_LED said:
When's a good time to evolve Haunter? As soon as possible, or should I wait?
Since they learn the same moves at the same time i decided to evolve to Gengar. Although having Haunter follow you is pretty cool looking.

Sixfortyfive

I forgot that Tauros was as fast as it is.

I think "oh hey, choice scarf," then glance at its base stats and say "oh shi-"!

notsol337

marked forever
Nayishiki said:
I still have your FC in my Pal Pad, I can give you one now.

I appreciate the offer but nintendo WFC is randomly not working again and I can't convince it to work. I guess I'm SOL for a bit. =(

Sixfortyfive said:
I forgot that Tauros was as fast as it is.

I think "oh hey, choice scarf," then glance at its base stats and say "oh shi-"!

Yeah, Tauros is crazy surprising. I run a Choice Banded set...he can be DANGEROUS.

The only thing that sucks is on the team I used, I had a Band, Scarf, and Specs. That shit can backfire on you like CRAZY.

ryan-ts

Okay so I did my breeding and all that good shit. I decided to hatch Cubone, Scyther and Poliwag and I want to bring along my level 50 Snorlax so I can hatch a Munchlax later. Anyone want to help me do the back and forth trading? If you do wish to help just make sure you trade me shitty Pokemon as they will soon disappear from existence.

Blue_Gecko said:
Guys, stay out of the Pokemon: Black & White version speculation thread. It's fucking scary in there. Trolls and shit flying everywhere, even from admins:

*shudder*

Gonna stay in here where everyone is nice and helps each other.
While I do think that people are saying crazy shit, like Dogenzaka, Dragona wasn't trolling here. She wanted Kangaskhan evolution, to which everyone said the Cubone thing.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Sorry I keep posting my old friend code because I forget that I have a new one since I got a new DS (DSi XL). Actual FC = 2321 8564 6625. Waiting in the union room for ya.

nastynate409 said:
Thanks man.
Anytime. Gengar rules!
Jet Grind Radio! said:
While I do think that people are saying crazy shit, like Dogenzaka, Dragona wasn't trolling here. She wanted Kangaskhan evolution, to which everyone said the Cubone thing.
Ah okay, misunderstood it than.

Man EV training is such a pain. I should probably just wait until I get all 16 badges and have access to the booster items. I'd already trained two pokemon before realizing I didn't take IVs into account so they're probably not as strong as I think they are. -_-

Eat shit, Lt. Surge! First, you force me to reteach Cut to a party member to enter your fucking Gym. Next, you fucking use a Raichu with Double Team for lame ass stall tactics?! Never realized what an asshole he was till now.

ryan-ts

sonicspear64 said:
Eat shit, Lt. Surge! First, you force me to reteach Cut to a party member to enter your fucking Gym. Next, you fucking use a Raichu with Double Team for lame ass stall tactics?! Never realized what an asshole he was till now.

You could have just surfed around the bush.

sonicspear64 said:

Yeah, you could have surfed.

But Erika on the other hand, and Pewter City (from the Diglett Cave)...fuck you guys for making me teach my EV trained Venusaur Cut just so I wouldn't have to go back and switch..

Sixfortyfive

Chuck just appeared out of nowhere to notify me that the path to Kyogre required Surf, Rock Climb, and 8 Kanto badges. Almost that explicitly, too.

For some reason I find this really funny.

EDIT: Cliff Path music is so good. So good.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sixfortyfive said:

Chuck just appeared out of nowhere to notify me that the path to Kyogre required Surf, Rock Climb, and 8 Kanto badges. Almost that explicitly, too.

For some reason I find this really funny.

EDIT: Cliff Path music is so good. So good.

Yup, agreed! Noticed that too.

Crasher Wake is near there too. ;)

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Okay guys. I am getting pretty deep into this. I have been pokemoning it up more and more, but mostly on my pokewalker it feels :lol. I wanna try and catch a dratini now, but no such luck yet!

Also, I want someone to send me some cool baby pokemon while I am still so early on in the game, if any Gaffers wanna spoil me with Ditto's or Charmanders or some shit, please! Help a brotha out. Send me a PM =p.

MNC

jman2050 said:
Togetic is well worth training because Togekiss kicks enormous amounts of ass and is well worth the trouble of getting her and its special moves.
Oh, I love my togetic. It's a shame only Metronome and Extrasensory are the only attacks that actually do some damage. Did I skip some good attacks? Charm, Sweet Kiss, ES, Metronome is what I've got at lvl 25.

Sixfortyfive

MNC said:
Oh, I love my togetic. It's a shame only Metronome and Extrasensory are the only attacks that actually do some damage. Did I skip some good attacks? Charm, Sweet Kiss, ES, Metronome is what I've got at lvl 25.
Basically just Extrasensory until it learns AncientPower, then evolve it, then teach it Air Slash via tutors. (Unless its ability is Hustle instead of Serene Grace. In that case it may be worthwhile to teach it "never miss" moves like Magical Leaf and Aura Sphere.)

Yawn has utility as well.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Togetic was my second favorite Pokemon for a long long time. I don't entirely like the Togekiss design but I've warmed up to it...

It helps that it kicks some major ass too. :lol

manofmandango said:
I'm looking for a Croagunk and a Shelgon. Can anyone hook a brother up? I'm open for requests but I'm not sure I have much of anything amazing..

Would a Lv35 Bagon and a Toxicroak work? haha

I wish someone would hurry up and discover a cloning glitch in HG/SS. Last night I hatched a bitchin' Eevee - Timid with IVs of 30/0/25/30/31/31 - which I was planning on making a Jolteon, but it's pretty much perfect as an Espeon aswell. I don't really want an Espeon, but I do want an Arcanine with Morning Sun and Espeon is the only way to breed it onto one, but Espeon only learns Morning Sun at Level 71 and I feel like if I'm going to raise an Espeon to that high a level it had better be a good one.

I remember there being a cloning glitch in D/P, does anyone know if that still works? I have a Japanese Diamond version I could trade it onto.

Sixfortyfive

D/P cloning still works, I think. Doesn't work on Pt/HGSS.

I think you could probably use Pokemon Ranch for cloning if you have Wii homebrew by making backup copies of your save.

Kinitari said:
Okay guys. I am getting pretty deep into this. I have been pokemoning it up more and more, but mostly on my pokewalker it feels :lol. I wanna try and catch a dratini now, but no such luck yet!

Also, I want someone to send me some cool baby pokemon while I am still so early on in the game, if any Gaffers wanna spoil me with Ditto's or Charmanders or some shit, please! Help a brotha out. Send me a PM =p.
I'm at work for another 5 hours, but I can send you all the Johto and Kanto starters.

Kinitari said:

I have a spare Charmander i can give you (its the only Kanto starter I have), no spare Ditto's though. just let me know.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Jet Grind Radio! said:
I'm at work for another 5 hours, but I can send you all the Johto and Kanto starters.
Nice! I'd appreciate it, I'd probably throw my roommate a bone too.

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
I have a spare Charmander i can give you (its the only Kanto starter I have), no spare Ditto's though. just let me know.

Would much appreciate it, friend code is: 0904 5378 5615

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Oh!! FUCK YES, GAF! I just got my SHINY CHARMANDER!!!

aaf0581c52ed.jpg

Sorry that pic is REALLY shitty! It's pitch black in my apartment and it was the best I could do!

Am I the first GAFer to get it? I don't even care about a prize. My prize is my charmander! YEA!!!! :D :D :D :D

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My god, that picture is so bad. I swear it's shiny! Gonna see if my awful webcam can take a better one. My cell phone SUCKS! :lol

Ed: Ok, my webcam actually takes WORSE pictures, but I think the glare of the laptop screen illuminated it better, so you can tell this one is golden. Gonna start training this mother effer like RIGHT NOW. Gotta euthanize 12 boxes worth of charmanders first though! :lol

5a056v.jpg

Top Bottom