• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Congrats you bastard, I've never had a shiny =/. I think one time I saw a shiny taurus in the wild, but I ran away before I realized because I was hurrying through the area. Then I pause and was like "oh shit, was there a sparkly swirl thingy at the beginning of that encounter?"

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Kinitari said:
Congrats you bastard, I've never had a shiny =/. I think one time I saw a shiny taurus in the wild, but I ran away before I realized because I was hurrying through the area. Then I pause and was like "oh shit, was there a sparkly swirl thingy at the beginning of that encounter?"
Damn, that is AWFUL!

I found a Shiny magnemite recently in the safari zone, and I was totally getting ready to run away but I stopped myself and was like, "heeeeey, why doesn't he have red/blue poles?!" so I caught him just in case and yep, it sure was a shiny! Boring coloration on magnezone, but still exciting! I'm gonna have two legit shinies on the same team now! I'm so stoked I could stroke it!

I've gotten my ass kicked by him too many damn times to count because I'd never completely fixed my team for 1v1 matches. but I finally kicked that bastard's ass.

He didn't stand a chance against stealth rock, ice beams and STAB thunderpunches!

Goddamn do I love Empoleon, Electivire and Gliscor!
:D :D :D
Kinitari said:
You think that's bad? I managed to run away from a damned shiny Haunter after it kept escaping from my pokeballs. That shit ruined my week. :(

biggyfries said:
:lol at porygon-z following behind me.
Has anyone turned to their pokemon and talked to them when you're in the ice cave that leads to blackthorn city?

My feraligatr was losing it's balance.
:lol :lol :lol

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hey guys. Since I'm done breeding charmanders for the REST OF MY LIFE, does anybody want the level 66 charmander I just pulled out of the day care? His current move list is crap (Fire Fang, Slash, Flamethrower, Fire Spin) due to him leveling from 1 to 66 in the day care. But with a couple rare candies, some EV training (he is EV clean) and some TMs and/or the move relearner, somebody could turn him into a beast.

I don't need anything in return for him, but if you have any legendaries, or rare pokes laying around to spare, you could toss me something nice. No biggie if not though. If you'll use him, I want you to have him.

My FC is 3653 2713 6337 Gimme yours and meet me online.

Goddamnit Palmer you whoooooore! I've been grinding the Battle Tower to get enough B.P. to afford all the Power items - the first 20 battles and then Palmer gives you 26 points, then you can throw the next battle and keep repeating the easy levels - when Palmer decides to lead with his Milotic instead of his Dragonite for the first time. I'd been leading with my Salamence, so I switch to my own Milotic to eat up the obvious Ice Beam.

So my Milotic gets Ice Beamed. And Goddamn FROZEN! For fucking EIGHT turns. And, just to rub it in, he uses Attract while I'm frozen, because he's an asshole. I couldn't switch out because my Marowak would have gotten Surfed and my Salamence probably wouldn't OHKO it. My Milotic survives because it's a motherfucking beast, and I manage to get a Toxic in after I unfreeze between all the immobilization by love. It's lucky low level Battle Tower AI doesn't understand the concept of switching because if he had just used his Rhyperior I would have been completely boned. Instead he though it was a good plan to just keep Surfing my Milotic for about twelve turns :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JosM88 said:
Has anyone turned to their pokemon and talked to them when you're in the ice cave that leads to blackthorn city?

My feraligatr was losing it's balance.
:lol :lol :lol

If it's an ice Pokemon it says something like "It loves this place." :lol

vectorman06 said:
Trying to decide wither or not I should train Togepi or Hoot Hoot...
Togepi has way better evolutions and an absolutely gigantic movepool. It's also got great defense stats and a beastly 290+ sp. Attack.

I'd always go with togekiss when push comes to shove.

liQuid, congrats on your shiny! That's how I got my shiny charmander; name him Carbon. :D

also got a shiny piplup using the Matsuda method.

Tried on about 100 Dratinis but no luck...but now my poke ranch has a blue tint. :lol

ryan-ts

I asked this before but no one answered so I'll try again.

I'm going to be restarting my game and I have some level 1 Pokemon and a level 50 Snorlax (4 total) I would like to have when I start my new game. I was wondering if someone would take these Pokemon and then trade them back to me after I start my new game. So if you have 4 Pokemon you don't care about and don't mind seeing fade into new game oblivion you would be a great help.

LiQuid!

biggyfries said:
liQuid, congrats on your shiny! That's how I got my shiny charmander; name him Carbon. :D

also got a shiny piplup using the Matsuda method.

Tried on about 100 Dratinis but no luck...but now my poke ranch has a blue tint. :lol
Thanks! I'm seriously thinking about trying again for another shiny poke, but man did I put a LOT of work into charmander, and I feel like I lucked out at only 13 boxes! Statistically I barely bred a third of what I should have had to. I don't know if I'm willing to tempt fate for another pokemon, but man are shinies just disgustingly addictive!

I feel bad that I'm gonna be replacing my trusty magmorter in my team, after 70 hours of loyal firestarting, but man is shiny charizard going to look AWESOME!

LiQuid!

ryan-ts said:
I asked this before but no one answered so I'll try again.

I'm going to be restarting my game and I have some level 1 Pokemon and a level 50 Snorlax (4 total) I would like to have when I start my new game. I was wondering if someone would take these Pokemon and then trade them back to me after I start my new game. So if you have 4 Pokemon you don't care about and don't mind seeing fade into new game oblivion you would be a great help.
Ryan, I'm in a great mood right now, so I would love to help you out with this.

FC= 3653 2713 6337 Lemme go make sure I've got a couple junk pokes to trade you, but I'll be ready to roll in a couple minutes tops.

Ed: Hey, just wanna make sure you realize you're gonna have to play through the first couple hours of the game to get to your palpad, right? I've got no problem waiting for you, it'd probably be easier if we were IM'ing though. Got an AIM client? I'm LiQuid3600 there if you want to send me a message.

El Sloth

Banned
Guardian Bob said:
Why am I half way through Kanto, and haven't see a single Chikorita (sp?) evolution?

You picked a Cyndaquil in the beginning like I did? It sucks that you can only ask for pokemon you've seen on the GTS, I can't search for any Chikorita or Treecko's. Damn you Nintendo for preventing me from completing my starters collection!

Nayishiki

Can anyone help me transfer 6 pokemons from Platinum to Soul Silver? My FCs are(Platinum)1505 7817 2308 and (Soul Silver) 3653 2713 6337

LiQuid!

Nayishiki! You gave me the charmander that fathered my new SHINY! I would love to help you out!

3653 2713 6337

Registering you now. Let me catch a couple more throwaway pokes quick!

Nayishiki

LiQuid! said:
Nayishiki! You gave me the charmander that fathered my new SHINY! I would love to help you out!

3653 2713 6337

Registering you now. Let me catch a couple more throwaway pokes quick!

Ok I'll register your FC in platinum.Do you need any Starters other than Charmander?

LiQuid!

Whatever you got mucking about is fine. I've got a 435 dex on Pearl, but my copy of Silver is currently lacking. :)

Nayishiki

LiQuid! said:
Whatever you got mucking about is fine. I've got a 435 dex on Pearl, but my copy of Silver is currently lacking. :)

Ok I'm Online with Platinum now. And Congrats on the Shiny Charmander I decided to take a break after hatching 201 eggs.

LiQuid!

Be there in a few minutes, catching a bunch of throwaways since I technically need to trade you 12 pokes to get all 6 to your copy of SS.

ryan-ts

LiQuid! said:
Ryan, I'm in a great mood right now, so I would love to help you out with this.

FC= 3653 2713 6337 Lemme go make sure I've got a couple junk pokes to trade you, but I'll be ready to roll in a couple minutes tops.

Ed: Hey, just wanna make sure you realize you're gonna have to play through the first couple hours of the game to get to your palpad, right? I've got no problem waiting for you, it'd probably be easier if we were IM'ing though. Got an AIM client? I'm LiQuid3600 there if you want to send me a message.

Good to trade my man, code is 3481 4726 3775

LiQuid!

Nayishiki said:
Ok I'm Online with Platinum now. And Congrats on the Shiny Charmander I decided to take a break after hatching 201 eggs.
Hey I connected. There are two terminals in the lobby for some reason and I don't see you in here, what gives?

LiQuid!

I wish you guys would AIM, F5'in the thread is lame. :D

LiQuid!

Nayishiki said:
Ok I'm online now.

Are you sure you added my Platinum Fc?
Yeah, got both of your FCs in. I guess lemme try reconnecting. I'll confirm I got both while I'm out. Is my registering a platinum FC for the first time the reason I'm seeing two terminals? I've only ever seen one before.

Nayishiki

LiQuid! said:
Yeah, got both of your FCs in. I guess lemme try reconnecting. I'll confirm I got both while I'm out. Is my registering a platinum FC for the first time the reason I'm seeing two terminals? I've only ever seen one before.

You get more terminals each time you add 8 FCs I think.

LiQuid!

Nayishiki said:
You get more terminals each time you add 8 FCs I think.
Ok, that's probably the reason for that then, but I confirmed your platinum FC, it's all good, but I don't see you in the lobby at all. I think I must be having connection problems again. This is whack. :(

I'm in the lobby and inviting a trade, but I still see nobody in my lobby.

Nayishiki

LiQuid! said:
Ok, that's probably the reason for that then, but I confirmed your platinum FC, it's all good, but I don't see you in the lobby at all. I think I must be having connection problems again. This is whack. :(

I'm in the lobby and inviting a trade, but I still see nobody in my lobby.

I'm also in the lobby and don't see you.I don't know why.

Edit: I can see you With Soul Silver.

LiQuid!

Ok, just saw you, but I think it was your SS FC since that was the name that popped up. It vanished within instants though.

I don't get it.

I'll disconnect to confirm your Pt FC again, but I'm certain it was correct. Normally if I put an FC in wrong the game tells me it's invalid. Confirm you have my proper code in your Pt game too:

3653 2713 6337

Nayishiki

LiQuid! said:
Ok, just saw you, but I think it was your SS FC since that was the name that popped up. It vanished within instants though.

I don't get it.

I tried something going back to Platinum see if it works now.

Edit: Looks like it doesn't want to work with platinum.

Pein

Banned
leveling up my elekid, magby and ryhorn to evolve them its gonna be pretty dope to have a magmortar.

Also I started up platinum, I bought it last year and only played it for a couple hours. Went with a chimchar but I kinda wanted an empoleon. Oh well hopefully some gaffer can give me the other starters in a few days.

LiQuid!

Nayishiki said:
I tried something going back to Platinum see if it works now.

Edit: Looks like it doesn't want to work with platinum.
Is there something you need to do to connect the 2G remakes to the 4G games??? This is weird. When I step from one terminal section to the other it beeps and my lower screen changes color, either yellow/gold or light greenish. Are you sure the lobby side I'm standing on has nothing to do with it?

LiQuid!

Hey, Nayishiki, try connecting again. I just connected to the Union Room, on the UPSTAIRS of the pokemon center instead of the downstairs. I'm not sure if that is how you connect to the gen 4 games or what, but I just read on Yahoo answers to go Upstairs...

Nayishiki

LiQuid! said:
Is there something you need to do to connect the 2G remakes to the 4G games??? This is weird. When I step from one terminal section to the other it beeps and my lower screen changes color, either yellow/gold or light greenish. Are you sure the lobby side I'm standing on has nothing to do with it?

Try standing on the other lobby.

LiQuid!

Nayishiki said:
Try standing on the other lobby.
I've tried connecting to both terminals for like 5 minutes each and it didn't seem to matter. I'm in the union room now, which I guess is different from the downstairs lobbies in some way? I'm not sure, but try again.

This is fucking bonkers and confusing as hell the way this is set up.

LiQuid!

Apparently the upstairs is just to initiate LOCAL wireless. I guess I'll go try downstairs again to see if we can connect via WFC

Nayishiki

LiQuid! said:
Apparently the upstairs is just to initiate LOCAL wireless. I guess I'll go try downstairs again to see if we can connect via WFC

Yeah upstairs is for local trade.I'm online. Try to use both terminals.

Top Bottom