• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Wizpig

Echoes said:
Wait for a better answer, but when you let a Poke hold a Power item (Power Anklet, Power Weight, Power Lens) it will pass down that IV to the baby. A Ditto with 31 IV in Special Attack will pass this IV to the baby when holding Power Lens. That's the best I can do to transfer good IVs to babies without RNGing.
Thanks.

How many hours do I have to wait for my HeartGold GTS code to be Wii mailed to me?
Damn the Wii letters with 3-hours-delay

Ondore

Merovin said:
Good god I hate but love Voltorb Flip. It's an addictive little game, no doubt about that. But it takes way too much time to save up for those TM's. I've been playing for what feels like the last hour, trying to save up for Ice Beam, but dear god, I only have 2000 coins now, kept shifting between levels 4 - 6, finally took the hit, back down to the first level, given up.

The real bitch is going from 0 to Porygon. 9999 coins? Seriously?

MNC

Ondore said:
The real bitch is going from 0 to Porygon. 9999 coins? Seriously?
I've recently started since that's my only Porygon catch for now. My god, half an hour and I'm at 30 coins or so. :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
jman2050 said:
Just coming in randomly to say that the Kanto Gym Leader music in this game is awesome and one of the better GB->GBA/DS remixes Game Freak has done.

Those first ten seconds caught me off-guard the first time :lol

Agreed! I loved the Johto gym theme but I was completely caught off guard by how much more I liked the Kanto one.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know if it's accurate, but according to Bulbapedia:
If examined through the use of a cheating device, Joey's Rattata really is in the top percent of Rattata, possessing an Adamant nature as well an IV spread of 30 31 29 31 26 30.
:lol (side note, he has hardly ever called me so far)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Echoes said:
That's cool, as my Togekiss is a totally different beast. However, if you need it, don't worry. You could pick a monster (at your choice, with your own strategy/moves) but better not tell me about it so it'll be a surprise for both of us. If you're up for it, I will start EV-training a cool Poke for you right away.

Oh and I don't care much about IVs as well. I want to, but it's random and I don't like chasing random things. EV training is my limit lol.

Sure but it may be a little bit. I have two more Pokemon I really need to EV train just for my own team, I've never had a full competitive team.

Echoes

Andrex said:
Sure but it may be a little bit. I have two more Pokemon I really need to EV train just for my own team, I've never had a full competitive team.
Haha, me as well, I just recently started EV training and all that stuff. I have around 8 EV-trained Pokes, my ambition is to have 50. Take your time bud.

You're welcome Xeno!

Johnlenham
Minister of the Dog
Bii

I'm back from work and I have your Crunch Riolu. FC please! :D Mine 4984 7134 0994

Hex said:
Can someone explain the swarm thing to me?
Sorry if it has been covered.
Listen to Oak's channel in the radio. Everyday, there will be a spot (will be mentioned) where it got swarmed by a Pokemon. Chansey, Luvdisc, etc. When you go there, you will encounter that Pokemon a lot. For example, yesterday was a Chansey swarm in my game and I managed to snag 13 Lucky Eggs, because every other battle is a Chansey.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
In fact in Pearl I only EV trained two Pokemon and one of them was kinda worthless anyways, (the other was the Togekiss I mentioned.) Since I didn't have Pokerus on any of my Pokemon it took forever, and that combined with the Battle Tower grinding just made me burnt out on the whole process.

Thankfully, so much thankfully, I'm on GAF now and people are helping me out. Everything's going so much quicker, it took two days to get my Gyarados to where I wanted it to be (Nature/Moves/EVs/Hold Item) thanks to people here (mainly 645.)

Hex

Banned
Echoes said:
Haha, me as well, I just recently started EV training and all that stuff. I have around 8 EV-trained Pokes, my ambition is to have 50. Take your time bud.

You're welcome Xeno!

Johnlenham
Minister of the Dog
Bii

I'm back from work and I have your Crunch Riolu. FC please! :D Mine 4984 7134 0994

Listen to Oak's channel in the radio. Everyday, there will be a spot (will be mentioned) where it got swarmed by a Pokemon. Chansey, Luvdisc, etc. When you go there, you will encounter that Pokemon a lot. For example, yesterday was a Chansey swarm in my game and I managed to snag 13 Lucky Eggs, because every other battle is a Chansey.

Awesome thank you

survivor

Banned
Got some more time to play today. Just beat Clair. She was really tough especially her Kingdra. All the time I spent preparing my Gyarados went to waste. I had to restore to stall her out of her PPs for Hydro Pump, get Kingdra burned with Lava Plume, then just spam Dragon Rage with Gyarados.

Do I need to catch Lugia before I go to the Elite Four or is that before I go to Kanto?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Blizzard said:

Holy shit, my day = made :lol

Echoes said:

You're welcome Xeno!

Johnlenham
Minister of the Dog
Bii

Nice. Mines 0517 9561 4177 I can go wait in the room now.

Oh and does anyone have a muchlax I can have not bothered what nature etc just need it to get his index and snorax:lol

Ok, I am able now too. I think we both have each others FCs, right?

Edit: Thank you Echoes!

Edit2: Wait a minute, it has a lucky egg and PKRS? So awesome! I don't know if you had one of my DD+O Charmanders yet :lol

Mafro said:
Dilemma here, Raichu or Ampharos as my electric type?

Ampharos is slow, but its Sp.At, Sp.Def and Defence are much better than Raichu's. I have an Ampharos myself equipped with quick claw.

Echoes

You're welcome Minister! :D

Mafro, I'd say go with Ampharos. (I play the TCG and he's so cool in the new expansion :p )

great-ampharos.jpg

Mines got a magnet to fuck things up :lol
Thanks for the Riolu :) Saves me waiting 70 days eh?

Been using GTS to get pokes hitmonchan for top, top for lee, lee for aerodact, aerodact for kabutops and he will got for omastar:D

Nayishiki

Johnlenham said:
Nice. Mines 0517 9561 4177 I can go wait in the room now.

Oh and does anyone have a muchlax I can have not bothered what nature etc just need it to get his index and snorax:lol

I can give you a Munchlax. My Friend Code is 3653 2713 6337.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Echoes said:
BTW if later you are annoyed by Thunder's poor accuracy, I can give you a Thunderbolt TM.

So, um, I have this weird idea of EV-training a Pokemon with a good nature/moveset etc and then trade it with a Gaffer here, with the same condition. Like, each of us will EV-train a monster, then trade it with another Gaffer without knowing beforehand what it will be. Anyone's up for this? You only need to train one monster, and we'll toss up a coin to see who trades with who.

I'm up for this if at least one guy showed interest.
I'm game.

Echoes

Sixfortyfive said:
I'm game.
Cool. I want to warn you that I sorta suck at looking for good IVs, is that okay? If so, I will start training one tomorrow.

BTW, can I have just one 31 IV Ditto from you? My idea is to breed, say, Riolu while Ditto is holding an Anklet, so the baby will have 31 IV in speed. Then, I will have Lucario holding the Anklet while Ditto holds the Atk-one so it'll pass the IVs for attack and speed. Takes too long but that suits me well I guess. If you can give me one, I would love a spare Power item (for Def or Sp Def), I have them all except these. I will play the Frontier for one of them, no need to give me two.

Edit: nvm I'm sleeping now, catch ya later.

Gonna take some time to pimp this website
http://waitingforseedot.appspot.com/

Was looking for an HM whore to take me through caves (Rock Smash/Rock Climb/Strength/Flash); that site gave me a list of every Pokemon that can have that moveset. "HM Cave" the Golduck has been christened! (Incidentally, Golduck is actually a pretty sweet HM whore; it learns everything other than Cut and Fly.) It also tells you how to breed for specific movesets and has an IV calculator.

So I've given up on EV training for now. It simply takes way too long without power items or Pokerus and I can pretty much sweep through Kanto with my adventure team, so I'm just going to wait a while until I can get them. Also realized I wasn't taking IVs into account so my pokemon that ARE EV trained are probably still weaksauce compared to what they're supposed to be :lol

This thread always makes me happy to see people being generous but at the same time extremely jealous and exhausted at all the hijinks you guys get up to considering it seems like it takes FOREVER AND A DAY to get anything done sometimes.

Blizzard

Banned
Pokewalker = best way to level up magikarp ever.

I still haven't really taken the trouble to see how accurate it is (it probably gives you lots of extra steps sometimes...sometimes it seems hard to fool, and sometimes I would pick it up and put it on a shelf and it would give me like 10 steps). Yesterday it apparently bugged out and gave me like 8000 steps, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't walking much then...

ryan-ts

LiQuid! said:
Ok Ryan, sorry I took so long. Send me a PM and I'll reply to it next time I'm available, or just IM me at LiQuid3600 and I will help you out.

Do we need to add each other on IM to chat? I haven't been on IM in a while so I don't remember, in any case mine is ryants12345

Blue_Gecko said:
So I've given up on EV training for now. It simply takes way too long without power items or Pokerus and I can pretty much sweep through Kanto with my adventure team, so I'm just going to wait a while until I can get them. Also realized I wasn't taking IVs into account so my pokemon that ARE EV trained are probably still weaksauce compared to what they're supposed to be :lol
I didn't even know that existed until this thread, and I have yet to see it in my Plat or SS playthroughs as of yet.

Poyunch

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
I didn't even know that existed until this thread, and I have yet to see it in my Plat or SS playthroughs as of yet.
Well to be fair you're more likely to find a shiny than to encounter Pokerus. I sort of wish I got the shiny rather than the Pokerus. :lol

PounchEnvy said:
Well to be fair you're more likely to find a shiny than to encounter Pokerus. I sort of wish I got the shiny rather than the Pokerus. :lol
Makes sense then that I haven't seen it. Since I haven't actually seen a shiny in the wild either...

Blizzard said:

:lol

Occasionally in my apartment I just hear a shout of JOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY.

Dean regrets giving his number ever since.

Wizpig said:
Pokémon Channel? maybe Pokémon XD? did you connect your game to one of those games?

Those games had a patch for the berry glitch :pGrats, if you get Darkrai can I pokédex it one of these days? :lol
/shameless

Never connected my game with any other game.

I did some googling and it seems like the berry glitch fixes itself after 1 year (1 year for the glitch to appear, 1 year for the glitch to disappear)

Looks like my next foe is a dead battery. Some people have already reported their batteries dieing. Fortunately, it appears that the save data is secure, the battery is only for the clock.

I want to finish ruby so I can buy a new game and trade my team.

Which brings me to a question:

Is it possible, and has anybody continued trading their pokemon to the next generation?

Ie: Charizard from Red to Gold to ruby to red remake to diamond to heartgold?

El Sloth

Banned
PounchEnvy said:

Woah, seriously? I've never seen a shiny but I have gotten pokerus in every game I've played that has had it(Except in Superior Silver...yet).

jamesinclair said:
Is it possible, and has anybody continued trading their pokemon to the next generation?

Ie: Charizard from Red to Gold to ruby to red remake to diamond to heartgold?

RBY
GSC

RSE/FRLG
DPP/HGSS

The first two gens are compatible with one another. The last two gens are compatible with one another. The first two are completely incompatible with the last two.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
ryan-ts said:
Do we need to add each other on IM to chat? I haven't been on IM in a while so I don't remember, in any case mine is ryants12345
Oh, hey I'm playing right now, so I'll jump into WFC and see if you're in there.

Poyunch

El Sloth said:
Woah, seriously? I've never seen a shiny but I have gotten pokerus in every game I've played that has had it(Except in Superior Silver...yet).
I do believe it's about 1/3 the chance of seeing a shiny. That's why Bulbapedia says. :lol Also same here. I've gotten Pokerus in every game (although I accidentally cheated in Superior Silver since I traded a Pokemon in that had been unknowingly infected).

El Sloth

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
I do believe it's about 1/3 the chance of seeing a shiny. That's why Bulbapedia says. :lol Also same here. I've gotten Pokerus in every game (although I accidentally cheated in Superior Silver since I traded a Pokemon in that had been unknowingly infected).

This makes me a little mad that I have never seen a shiny now. I have never been that interested in EV and IV's so pokerus wasn't really a major thing for me 'till recently. I actually may cheat along with you and just trade over a pokerus infected mon from my plat.

Shiny Charizard looks badass LiQuid.

EDIT: Holy shit at the nonsense going on in Pokemon Black/White thread. :lol :lol

Edit2: Lyre locked the thread with a picture of my nightmares.

Blue_Gecko said:
:lol :lol :lol That's awesome, hahaha.
It's at University, and 4 out of the 6 of us have it. We went for a walk in to town yesterday for ice cream as it was nice, and we all rocked the Pokewalker.

El Sloth

Banned
JonathanEx said:
It's at University, and 4 out of the 6 of us have it. We went for a walk in to town yesterday for ice cream as it was nice, and we all rocked the Pokewalker.

Were you guys all doing the Haters Gonna Hate walk?

El Sloth said:
Were you guys all doing the Haters Gonna Hate walk?
But of course.

One of my flatmates, Ofori, is known for his hating. In the apartment rules, there is "Ofori: Always hating."

We also figured that if he was a Pokemon, his move would be Hate. But he also has "Acknowledge". So when he's acknowledged your existence (a bit like Identify), Hate is super effective.

Top Bottom