• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Jokey665

Sammy Samusu said:
Wow, nice Breloom strategy.

Are you witnessing the power of my HM slave? :lol
Thanks, and yeah hehe the HMs were unexpected. Sorry the battle took so long, I was using a stall team... I brought out Breloom because I was bored of being paralyzed and hitting myself in the face. :lol

Firestorm

Unless your team revolves around Rain Dance, do not use Rain Dance + Thunder... That is a very bad strategy. In addition to taking two slots instead of one, there's a low chance the opponent will even stay in and then you only have another four turns or so to hit them with it. Once it's over, you need to do it all over again.

Use Thunderbolt unless you're playing in an environment where Kyogre is legal.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Cosmo Clock 21 said:
why aren't you using dusk balls

Would Love Balls work on legendaries? They're technically not the same gender as whatever you're using (unless you're using a genderless Pokemon for whatever reason.)

Fitz

Andrex said:
Would Love Balls work on legendaries? They're technically not the same gender as whatever you're using (unless you're using a genderless Pokemon for whatever reason.)

Nah, Love balls don't work if either Pokemon is genderless.

So I just spent an entire day doing this X_X Tired as fuck.. 3am X_X_X_X_X

4513304002_0934d7e7a8_o.jpg

"Time to fuck a bitch yo"

Jokey665 said:
Yeah, but I used it twice... it should have hit at least once.
That's not quite how it works. Just because there is a certain % of chance something is going to or not going to happen, doesn't mean that if you do it a certain number of times it has to happen.

Also if you haven't seen this you should check it out, it's pretty cool. HAWP from Destructoid.

Jokey665

Blue_Gecko said:
That's not quite how it works. Just because there is a certain % of chance something is going to or not going to happen, doesn't mean that if you do it a certain number of times it has to happen.
Yeah I know, it's just really really annoying when I keep missing with it while everything my opponent does crits me and other BS luck shit is going on.

I feel ya brah. Battle Frontier is a god damn mess when it comes to that kind of thing.

Also @ everyone:

If you haven't seen this you should check it out, it's pretty funny. HAWP from Destructoid.

Linkhero1

I got !!!

OMGGGGGGG

Caught it but I won't find out if it's a flying or surfing Pikachu until I transfer everything tonight. I'm so happy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Linkhero1 said:
I got !!!

OMGGGGGGG

Caught it but I won't find out if it's a flying or surfing Pikachu until I transfer everything tonight. I'm so happy.

How can you tell? Is the sprite different?

Linkhero1

Andrex said:
How can you tell? Is the sprite different?
Can't tell through the walker if it's surfing or flying but when you get !!! it has to be one of them. It's just the moveset between the two are different. Sprites are the same I think.

shykyoichi said:
Nice Battle! Your Infernape was amazing.
Your electivire was the star of the show. I just wish I would have used an ice punch instead of that thunderpunch(that move killed me).

Your wobuffet scared the shit out of me though.:lol

looking forward to another battle in the future.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I missed out on a few events recently, but want to get my legendary collection completed. So it's time to break out the Mews. I have MYSTRY Mews from the old Toys R Us Event. They're level 10 and know only Pound and Transform.

I'm looking for Arceus and Shaymin.

Send me a PM if interested (And if you care about the nature of the mew, let me know, I have a few different ones. Just let me know a few natures you'd prefer and ill give you one if i have it)

thefil

If I use a move like Agility to raise a Pokemon's speed, then switch out of battle, will it still be increased when I come back in?

JosM88 said:
Your electivire was the star of the show. I just wish I would have used an ice punch instead of that thunderpunch(that move killed me).

Your wobuffet scared the shit out of me though.:lol

looking forward to another battle in the future.
Thanks. :D

I was kinda expecting an electric move. That's the purpose of my Vaporeon (elecbait).

Also, we have two identical pokemon in our teams. :lol

Jokey665

thefil said:
If I use a move like Agility to raise a Pokemon's speed, then switch out of battle, will it still be increased when I come back in?
Nope.
CryptiK said:
when are you able to use the Pokewalker what do you have do and where do you have to go.
Almost immediately, if not immediately. When you boot up the game, before you load your save, go down to "Connect to Pokewalker" or w/e the option is.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
CryptiK said:
when are you able to use the Pokewalker what do you have do and where do you have to go.

Just have to get pokeballs, catch pokemon and stick one in your storage PC. You use pokewalker though main game menu (not in game menu)

shykyoichi said:
Thanks. :D

I was kinda expecting an electric move. That's the purpose of my Vaporeon (elecbait).

Also, we have two identical pokemon in our teams. :lol
I'm still dwelling over my decision to go with thunderpunch :p.

Oh, and yeah electivire kicks some pretty good ass. I should have sent my infernape out with close combat from the start though. I could have saved Gliscor and had a chance at winning.

:(

On another note:
Does anyone know if you can have multiple battle videos?

I can only save one online match and it seems like all other battle videos get replaced with the new ones I save.

Edit:
Oh, I forgot. If you heard anyone during our battle cussing that was my little brother. He hasn't played pokemon in years and was pretty impressed.:lol

upandaway said:
You can transfer freely, but you need 2 DSs to transfer between two DS games, and one DS to transfer between a GBA game and a DS game.

Ok, good to know, thanks!

Minister of the Dog said:
Reading about batteries dying made me turn on my old GBC with my Pokémon Silver plugged in, and it still has all my data. Is there any way to replace the batery without losing the savegame? There's a completed Pokédex in there =(

Wow, you must have an amazing battery, mine died 2 years ago.

I think your only option is buying a 2nd cartridge, putting a new battery in that, and then trading your pokemon to it. It would take ages to do however.

Blizzard

Banned
I asked another friend, and they also don't know how you're supposed to know the name of
Oak's assistant
for the radio quiz. Did they show up early in the game or something?

Also, for the pokewalker, I have heard conflicting things. I thought I read someone say that evade counterattacks can't critical hit (though of course things tend to run away when you do that), but I also thought I heard someone say they DID critical hit.

Secondly, my friend just told me that they got a "!!!" pikachu with no special moves, and a "!!" pikachu with surf. Do the number of !'s not correspond to the group A/group B/group C thing then?

Gravijah

Blizzard said:
I asked another friend, and they also don't know how you're supposed to know the name of
Oak's assistant

Also, for the pokewalker, I have heard conflicting things. I thought I read someone say that evade counterattacks can't critical hit (though of course things tend to run away when you do that), but I also thought I heard someone say they DID critical hit.

Secondly, my friend just told me that they got a "!!!" pikachu with no special moves, and a "!!" pikachu with surf. Do the number of !'s not correspond to the group A/group B/group C thing then?

"!!" can be Surfing/Flying ( I got lucky and my first "!!" was surfing) but "!!!" should ALWAYS be Surfing/Flying.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You can definitely get critical hits using evade. First few times I evaded were critical hits.

Blizzard said:
Oak's assistant
Her name shows up on a poster on the walls in the Radio Tower I think. Plus, there's a guy in the room who tells you about her.

Fusebox

Banned
CryptiK said:

Took me ages to figure that out, and even longer to realise I could do L bumper + R bumper + Start + Select to soft-boot Pokemon to the start menu.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Jokey665 said:
Yeah I know, it's just really really annoying when I keep missing with it while everything my opponent does crits me and other BS luck shit is going on.
The Battle Frontier will teach you the folly of inaccurate attacks pretty quickly.

Go on. Try to complete the 170-match streak in the Battle Hall with a 95% accurate move. I dare you.

JosM88 said:
Does anyone know if you can have multiple battle videos?

I can only save one online match and it seems like all other battle videos get replaced with the new ones I save.
You can store one of your own and up to 3 that you download from the GTS. If you upload a video of your own to the GTS, then you can save it to one of your 3 other save slots.

Animatik

Neo Member
Put in the Japanese Bulbasaur I had gotten from the trade center in with a Ditto in the breeding place and been hatching the eggs throughout the week. A nice handful of filled boxes later:

DSC00491.jpg

Came out timid with really crummy evs, cept. for special attack, but don't really mind that stuff.

jrricky

Banned
is the vs recorder actually recording anything though? or is it just saving every move each player makes and recreates it? why cant u save a good amount of these?

Top Bottom