• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Jokey665

Sixfortyfive said:
The Battle Frontier will teach you the folly of inaccurate attacks pretty quickly.

Go on. Try to complete the 170-match streak in the Battle Hall with a 95% accurate move. I dare you.
I got a 115ish streak in the Battle Tower in Pearl almost exclusively using moves with less than 100% accuracy.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hatchet Man said:
Can someone please help me evolve my Seadra?
Still need a hand? I can help you out real quick before I head off to sleep.

3524-4520-4614

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hatchet Man said:
Thanks my FC is 0216-6673-7623
See you in the lobby, I've been inviting a trade for almost three minutes now, what's the hold up? :)

Firestorm

I usually don't post these but:

kuXrf.jpg

mandiller

What is it with all you shiny bastards? I haven't seen a shiny in the wild since Pokemon Silver (the original). It was a shiny zubat which I evolved into an ugly pink crobat.

No shiny in any game since, and you people are getting shiny starters through breeding? It's sickening................ :-0

Fusebox

Banned
Animatik said:
Put in the Japanese Bulbasaur I had gotten from the trade center in with a Ditto in the breeding place and been hatching the eggs throughout the week. A nice handful of filled boxes later:

DSC00491.jpg

Came out timid with really crummy evs, cept. for special attack, but don't really mind that stuff.

Is that a shiny bulbasaur? Is it because he is slightly greener than regular bulbasaur?

mandiller said:
What is it with all you shiny bastards? I haven't seen a shiny in the wild since Pokemon Silver (the original). It was a shiny zubat which I evolved into an ugly pink crobat.

No shiny in any game since, and you people are getting shiny starters through breeding? It's sickening................ :-0

Ive never had a shiny, period. :(

(not counting the forced shiny)

mandiller said:

Breeding a foreign-language pokemon with a local pokemon doubles your chances of the offspring being shiny. To be sure, the chances are still about 1/4000, but that still seems somehow more doable than 1/8000 and you might still get lucky and get a shiny after only hatching a few hundred eggs.

I had a shiny Butterfree once. Also saw a shiny Poochyena in the wild... before I got my first lot of pokeballs. Broke my heart to make it faint.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I am pretty sure that if, while manipulating the DS to obtain legendaries with specific IVs/natures, I happened to come across an all-31 Pokemon that was also shiny, I would reset and try again for a non-shiny. I dislike them that much.

parasight

So I've been reading up on Hidden Power calculations and my head is spinning from all this mathematics. Ugh, I wish there was an easier way to calculate the damage power for it.

Sixfortyfive said:
I am pretty sure that if, while manipulating the DS to obtain legendaries with specific IVs/natures, I happened to come across an all-31 Pokemon that was also shiny, I would reset and try again for a non-shiny. I dislike them that much.

If that was the spread you were gunning for, then you're stuck with it. :lol

In other news, I found a shiny Marill in Emerald today while EV training...

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Metroid Killer said:
And that's why you always walk around with a buckload of pokeballs on you.

You just made me realize something. I was trying to catch this damn Dratini and for some reason I couldn't catch him. I used like 10 great balls on him with more than half of his health gone. I just couldn't catch him. I also couldn't paralyze him because of Shed Skin.

If it weren't for that Dratini, I would probably have had some great balls.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

Firestorm

Wouldn't have happened if you bought HeartGold imo.

Edit: I just remembered that that literally wouldn't have happened because Vulpix is exclusive to SoulSilver.

Poyunch

Big Ass Ramp said:
You just made me realize something. I was trying to catch this damn Dratini and for some reason I couldn't catch him. I used like 10 great balls on him with more than half of his health gone. I just couldn't catch him. I also couldn't paralyze him because of Shed Skin.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU
You should try Voltorb Flip. It's much cheaper and safer than catching a Dratini. You'll have control of what Nature it is, if you're patient enough it could be your next shiny Pokemon, and it costs you neither money or balls.

Firestorm

Looking at my team, the only shinies I can stand the look of are Umbreon and Charizard.

If people want a Dratini I have a box or two full of 'em in Pearl... I could probably hand them out once I have the time. Same with Feebas.
Edit: Actually, nvm. Looking at my calendar, that's over a week and a half away and people will find them through other means by then :lol

Sixfortyfive

PounchEnvy said:
You should try Voltorb Flip. It's much cheaper and safer than catching a Dratini. You'll have control of what Nature it is, if you're patient enough it could be your next shiny Pokemon, and it costs you neither money or balls.
The only Dratini worth bothering with is the Extremespeed Dratini you get from the Dragon's Den elder.

Protip: Make sure it's male for breeding purposes.

Gravijah

The Master Ball exists to catch shinies. Use it. A shiny found in the wild with little manipulation (RNG, Pokeradar, etc) is the best, imo.

Sixfortyfive

On shinies:

1) 90% of them look worse than or no different from their default color
2) stupid sparkle effect
3) immediately assumed by others to be hacked if they also have good stats

Their only purpose is trade fodder.

Maximus.

Big Ass Ramp said:

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

If youve beaten the 8th gym you get a free dratini from the dragon master

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sixfortyfive said:
On shinies:

2) stupid sparkle effect

But I heart my awesome competitively-trained Red Gyarados. :(

Gravijah

Sixfortyfive said:
On shinies:

2) stupid sparkle effect

1) Some of my favorite colored Pokemon are shiny.

2) I could see this annoying people.

3) Who cares anyways?

They're more a personal thing to me. You also have to have that gene that makes finding something super cool and rare a big deal to you. I guess that's why I also love loot whore games. :lol

beje

Banned
parasight said:
So I've been reading up on Hidden Power calculations and my head is spinning from all this mathematics. Ugh, I wish there was an easier way to calculate the damage power for it.

There's a person in Celadon prize hut that will tell you which power you will get.

Top Bottom