• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Door2Dawn said:
When will I get an exp share in this?

Once you got o lake of rage and catch(defeat) the gyrados there you can go back to mr pokemon for the exp. share... I think...

ACE 1991 said:
So I need an HM slave for surf... What options do I have? I spent a good half hour walking around Mt. Mortar, but didn't a Marill.

Furret, he can learn a bunch of other HM as well.

Johnlenham said:
Mt silver. lol wut level 88 pokes? my highest is 65 and everything else is 55-45 :lol

Depending on your luck and strategy you can pull this off while being underlevelled though.
My lv70 DD Gyarados destroyed 4 of his Pokémon, meaning the actually hard part was the Pikachu. :lol

Hex

Banned
DrForester said:
Once you got o lake of rage and catch(defeat) the gyrados there you can go back to mr pokemon for the exp. share... I think...

Furret, he can learn a bunch of other HM as well.

Furret is my HM slave right now, Lickitung is can have a ton too.

Ondore

ATTN: Anyone soft resetting or RNGing for Raikou/Entei/Suicune:

STOP.

The details of giveaways for the next movie are out, the source contains scans so I can't link to it, but here's what you can get:

- Shiny Raikou: Zap Cannon, Weather Ball, Aura Sphere, Extremespeed
- Shiny Entei: Howl, Flare Blitz, Crush Claw, Extremespeed
- Shiny Suicune: Sheer Cold, Aqua Ring, Air Slash, Extremespeed
- Celebi: Leaf Storm, Recover, Healing Wish, Nasty Plot

The Celebi can be any nature, but the gerbils all have fixed natures that are not known at this point. Still, Entei and especially Raikou make out like bandits on this deal.

Hex

Banned
Ondore said:

STOP.

The details of giveaways for the next movie are out, the source contains scans so I can't link to it, but here's what you can get:

The Celebi can be any nature, but the gerbils all have fixed natures that are not known at this point. Still, Entei and especially Raikou make out like bandits on this deal.

Holy shit balls!

Wait, isn't this Japan only?
Are we sure we will get the same?

Ondore

Hex said:
Holy shit balls!

Wait, isn't this Japan only?
Are we sure we will get the same?

They'll come to Toys R Us probably sometime in the fall (November or whenever the 13th movie dub comes out on DVD).

Delio

Mmm Weather Ball and Aura Sphere say HELLOO to Raikou.

Aura Sphere/Calm Mind/TBolt/Hidden Power Ice or Grass. Fun Set with a Life Orb.

So I worked out last night that I'd been reading the in-game Nature boosts/handicaps wrong. Turns out the red stat is boosted and the blue stat is handicapped (found out my mistake when trying to breed a good Heracross and hatched a Modest one)

>:-(

I'd even boxed my starter Totodile when I got the chance to breed because I thought he had one of the worst possible natures for his species (Lonely, I believe). I put his son back in the box, pulled my starter out (level 26) and proceeded to level grind him until he got to where my other mains are (level 41).

Also, nobody told me I could catch a Magmar in the Burnt Tower. I was grinding and lo and behold, a pokemon with Flame Body. This'll make breeding so much easier.

Delio

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I worked out last night that I'd been reading the in-game Nature boosts/handicaps wrong. Turns out the red stat is boosted and the blue stat is handicapped (found out my mistake when trying to breed a good Heracross and hatched a Modest one)

>:-(

I'd even boxed my starter Totodile when I got the chance to breed because I thought he had one of the worst possible natures for his species (Lonely, I believe). I put his son back in the box, pulled my starter out (level 26) and proceeded to level grind him until he got to where my other mains are (level 41).

Also, nobody told me I could catch a Magmar in the Burnt Tower. I was grinding and lo and behold, a pokemon with Flame Body. This'll make breeding so much easier.

Huh i didnt know you could get Magmar in there. Good thing to know.

jman2050

Ondore said:

STOP.

Wait hold on, they're actually giving Celebi Nasty Plot?

:lol

Hex

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Okay, what's up with my Meganium randomly becoming confused due to fatigue?
Certain moves can do that, a Gyrados someone was using against me last night had that happen which allowed me the opening I needed.

Jokey665

d0c_zaius said:
I just started.

Can anyone recommend a good starter set? So far I have cyndaquil and sentret.
I beat the whole game just using Cyndaquil, Mareep, and Wooper (and their evolutions) + HM slaves that never fought.

cdyhybrid

d0c_zaius said:
I just started.

Catch a Mareep when you get the opportunity to. I think Route 32, south of Violet City, is the first time you see them.

Edit: You can get Wooper there too.

Bii

d0c_zaius said:
I just started.

If this is your first Pokemon game, I'd say just play with what you see/like. In my experience, it's more fun with trial and error. Besides, you might find yourself finding a really good Pokemon that can hold their own.

d0c_zaius said:
I just started.

Hoot-Hoot/Noctowl does alright early game. Otherwise, you could (on the first route) go north to that blocked-off path where you can find Spearows and Geodudes.

Geodude is pretty solid, especially against the first gym.

After that, you can catch a Mareep or something.

The Pokewalker might also help you catch stuff early.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Bruno is the most weaksauce E4 member ever. :lol Just need a flying type that knows a fire move and he's toast.

Delio

d0c_zaius said:
I just started.

Yeah i'd recommend a Mareep and a Wooper. Gastly is early game to if you want a ghost then.

Delio said:
Yeah i'd recommend a Mareep and a Wooper. Gastly is early game to if you want a ghost then.
This too. You can catch them at night at a certain tower. You might need to be patient, though, if you want to find one, since their encounter rate is very low.

Reich said:
Well, i dunno a shit about breeding. What would u suggest to get my 1st egg ?
Search in the grass around the Day Care for a Ditto. Put this Ditto into the Day Care with your starter. Ride your bike around. Look at some titties. Before long, the Day Care man will call you saying your pokemon had an egg.

Hatch this egg and you have a starter. Fill a box full of your starter's species and use them to swap for rare or powerful pokemon over the GTS.

Reich

Thanks, but i was refered to people who breed to different species to combine attack set and make "fire/ground" type of pokes.

I wonder how they are going to handle the event Pokemon in the US? Same as they always do in TRU or Gamestop, or at they finally going to do it over WiFi?

Reich said:
Thanks, but i was refered to people who breed to different species to combine attack set and make "fire/ground" type of pokes.
That sort of breeding is more end-game kind of stuff (as you get access to more and more pokemon). Check Smogon for details on breeding chains and the like.

d0c_zaius

Thanks for all the answers everyone.

I played the original Red/Blue and caught all 150, so some aspects are familiar while others are totally alien (shinys). I tried a little of platinum but couldnt get into it.

Is SoulSilver compatible with Pokemon Ranch?

thanks again for the help!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
this guy said:
Yeah, I just checked and I didn't get any steps! Youtube lied! :( I might try it on a lower setting and see if that does anything.
You'd be better off attaching it to a metronome or something. It needs to change direction constantly. I'm planning to attach mine to my dog, when I find the damn clip for the back of it.

so when can I expect all these AI contacts to call me about battling?

fuck you joey and your rattata. I don't care about it being the top percentage of all rattatas

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Question:
Do pokemon get EVs if they have an EXP Share on but don't switch into battle?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Sammy Samusu said:
Well, you're doing it wrong.

Try Mareep.
Furret learns Cuts, Strength, Surf, Whirlpool and Rock Smash. It'll be a cute HM slave. (Wish it and Linoone learned Rock Climb. :( )

Echoes

Does it matter I evolve my Sneasel now (Lv1) or 40 levels later? I just got the Razor Claw from the Battle Tower. My god, Starmie pretty much DESTROYS Palmer. Rhyperior? Surf. Dragonite? Ice Beam. Milotic? Thunderbolt. And in case of an emergency, my Focus Sash Swords Dance Lucario is always present. Take that, Palmer!

Oh, I'm leaving work now so I'll start the giveaway in about an hour (for a short time since I'm so sleepy after work). Whoever figures out my shiny Shuckle's moveset (at least 3 out of 4) will get the Jolly Sneasel.

Ondore said:
They'll come to Toys R Us probably sometime in the fall (November or whenever the 13th movie dub comes out on DVD).

Considering they just did the past 2 events at GameStop I think they'll do them there. The 12th movie still hasn't been released on DVD but has aired on TV. Weird...wonder what's going on.

Top Bottom