• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Sometimes I wonder whether I'm becoming too obsessed with my Pokemans. I hatched an awesome Onix this morning, Careful with 30-31s for HP, Def and SpDef and 27-29 for Attack, and now all I can think of at work is going home and EV training the sucker. I hit 100 hours last night after eighteen days of playing :lol

HG/SS are breeding heaven, though. I had a Ditto swarm a week ago, so I got myself a Magikarp for the wild Dittos to transform into and caught about three boxes full of the suckers. Now I have a Ditto of every good Nature and a bunch with perfect IVs in certain stats so I can pass them on with the glorious new Power items.

d0c_zaius

Sammy Samusu said:
Well, you're doing it wrong.

Try Mareep.

well it literally was the second thing I came across. what am I doing wrong?

Lyphen said:
Furret learns Cuts, Strength, Surf, Whirlpool and Rock Smash. It'll be a cute HM slave. (Wish it and Linoone learned Rock Climb. :( )

heh this will suit its purpose just fine

Hex

Banned
Echoes said:
Does it matter I evolve my Sneasel now (Lv1) or 40 levels later? I just got the Razor Claw from the Battle Tower. My god, Starmie pretty much DESTROYS Palmer. Rhyperior? Surf. Dragonite? Ice Beam. Milotic? Thunderbolt. And in case of an emergency, my Focus Sash Swords Dance Lucario is always present. Take that, Palmer!

Oh, I'm leaving work now so I'll start the giveaway in about an hour (for a short time since I'm so sleepy after work). Whoever figures out my shiny Shuckle's moveset (at least 3 out of 4) will get the Jolly Sneasel.

accupressure, rock slide, rest, bugbite?
Actually probably not accurpressure since it would be an egg move, most likely Power trick perhaps.

d0c_zaius said:
well it literally was the second thing I came across. what am I doing wrong?
Hint: capturing it for purpose of training.

ACE 1991 said:
any help? I'll take any water pokemon to use surf.
Surf is a great attack, but for HM Slave... maybe Goldeen, it also learns Whirpool and Waterfall (both shit).

Echoes said:
Does it matter I evolve my Sneasel now (Lv1) or 40 levels later? I just got the Razor Claw from the Battle Tower. My god, Starmie pretty much DESTROYS Palmer. Rhyperior? Surf. Dragonite? Ice Beam. Milotic? Thunderbolt. And in case of an emergency, my Focus Sash Swords Dance Lucario is always present. Take that, Palmer!

Oh, I'm leaving work now so I'll start the giveaway in about an hour (for a short time since I'm so sleepy after work). Whoever figures out my shiny Shuckle's moveset (at least 3 out of 4) will get the Jolly Sneasel.
Toxic
Dig
Protect
Rest

Willxc123

Echoes said:

Toxic
Stealth Rock
Rest
Encore

Jet Grind Radio! said:
When you start getting their numbers.

but they don't call me about battling. they call me about shit that happened to them that day and when I call them they are never ready to battle.

Am I missing something? 4 badges in and not a single rematch....

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
TestOfTide said:
but they don't call me about battling. they call me about shit that happened to them that day and when I call them they are never ready to battle.

As far as I can tell, it's after you get your last badge. That's around when I got my first call, and they were around lvl 29-33 at that point.

TestOfTide said:

It takes a while to actually start rematches. I'd say around the time you can use Fly outside of battle.

Bii

Echoes said:

Is it still possible for me to get a Crunch Riolu from you when you get home? <_<

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm thinking of going with a team of

Heatran
Lucario
Tyranitar
Gengar
Dragonite

and one of Metagross, Magnezone, or Electrivire. Thoughts?

GaimeGuy

matrix-cat said:
HG/SS are breeding heaven, though. I had a Ditto swarm a week ago, so I got myself a Magikarp for the wild Dittos to transform into and caught about three boxes full of the suckers. Now I have a Ditto of every good Nature and a bunch with perfect IVs in certain stats so I can pass them on with the glorious new Power items.

Wait, huh? How does transforming help with IVs?

Echoes

Bii said:
Is it still possible for me to get a Crunch Riolu from you when you get home? <_<
Of course! I'm home.

GaimeGuy got the shiny Shuckle's moves correct at PM. He got it *all* right so, um, how about a bonus Lucky Egg? Is that good enough for your psychic ability? :p

PURSUIT SNEASEL GIVEAWAY STARTS NOW!

FC 4984 7134 0994

Don't forget to include your FC in your reply. Specify if you want an egg or a Lv1 Sneasel (I only have 5 eggs though).

GaimeGuy

Echoes said:
Of course! I'm home.

GaimeGuy got the shiny Shuckle's moves correct at PM. He got it *all* right so, um, how about a bonus Lucky Egg? Is that good enough for your psychic ability? :p

FC 4984 7134 0994

Don't forget to include your FC in your reply. Specify if you want an egg or a Lv1 Sneasel (I only have 5 eggs though).
Hooray \o/.

Sending PM now.

Choopy

Neo Member
Echoes said:
Of course! I'm home.

FC 4984 7134 0994

PM sent!

GaimeGuy said:
Wait, huh? How does transforming help with IVs?

It doesn't, I didn't word that so well. Dittos take on the catch rate of whatever they transform into, and Magikarp is the easiest Poke to catch, so Dittos transformed into Magikarps usually go down to one Ultra Ball. I only got ones with a perfect IVs in certain stats through sheer luck after catching so many :lol

cdyhybrid

Reposting this so people can see!

I have ~30 level 1 Extremespeed Dratinis (so far, trying to breed a good one for my SS playthrough) if anyone wants one. Haven't checked IVs yet. You can get them yourself in-game, but if you want it early or something, shoot me a PM

FC: 4812 9260 8486

I have a bunch of different natures, but not all of them, and most of them are male, so they can be bred to pass down ExtremeSpeed.

Edit: Heading to the gym in a sec, I'll be back around 10:45PM Pacific and I'll be randomly checking on the thread until I fall asleep.

Bii

Echoes said:
Of course! I'm home.

Awesome, I've added you. My FC is 5027 6772 6313

I'll be waiting in the trade room.

Edit: Thanks Echoes! :)
Edit #2: Thanks goes to cdyhybrid for the ExtremeSpeed Dratini as well.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Anyone want to trade Arceus for one of the old TRU mystry Mews?

send me a PM. Have the following natures on them.

Adamant
Lax
Docile
Bold
Lonely
Modest
Naive
Quiet
Naughty

Echoes

You're welcome guys! Have fun.

Just so everybody knows:

Ditto (31 IV in all stats) - holding Power Anklet
Sneasel

The result: A Sneasel that has 31 Speed IV due to Power Anklet.

Now;

Ditto - holding Power Bracer
The new baby Sneasel - holding Power Anklet

The result: A Sneasel that has 31 IV in Attack and Speed.

That should work, right? I will crash my head on the nearest wall if it doesn't because I read somewhere that this is a 100% sure-proof way to transfer IVs.

Edit: Serebii says it work, so yay.

GaimeGuy

I have settled on the following team members

Gengar w/ Life Orb
Substitute
Pain Split
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

Type Coverage in Focus Blast + Shadow Ball while taking advantage of Gengar's high Special attack stat. Life Orb doubles the damage output. Substitute provides a shield to absorb damage and prevent status effects, while Pain Split allows Gengar to recover the health lost from Substitute + Life Orb while damaging the enemy at the same time. Quite an evil set, and with the right EV spread, it can take out Blissey

Tyranitar w/ Choice Band
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Pursuit
Crunch

An attack powerhouse. What else is there to say, really?

Lucario w/ Life Orb
Swords Dance
Ice Punch
Extremespeed
Close Combat

Tyranitar takes care of all of Lucario's problem types, allowing it to use Close Combat to take out high defense types like Bronzong, Extremespeed on pokemon that outspeed it, and Ice Punch on flying types.

Heatran w/ Leftovers
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Substitute

I've been going back and forth on movesets for this baby, particularly in including Explosion in this moveset. Possibly replace Stealth Rock with Explosion to give opponents a nasty surprise once a substitute is set up :p

Or, treat this as a complement to Gengar, and replace Substitute with Explosion, instead.

For my 5th and 6th team members, I'm thinking of 2 out of 3 of Dragonite, Metagross, and Electrivire, but I'm open to suggestions, as I'm kind of stumped on how else to fill out my team.

Maybe a Mamoswime Lead (thus I could replace Stealth Rock on Heatran with Explode) would fit in?

Blizzard

Banned
I got a couple of kind of odd midnight trainer calls...Beverley wanted to give me a "nugget" since her husband got some, but she wanted me to meet her in the park. IT IS LIKE ONE IN THE MORNING. And then Wade told me to hurry and come meet him. No explanation, just a call! You expect me to come out there? I bet you want me to come alone and not bring the cops too, Wade. :mad:

Also, I finally (like 22+ hours, haha) got to Ecruteak and got the new item finder. Yes, it is the best ever. ^_^

Blizzard said:
I got a couple of kind of odd midnight trainer calls...Beverley wanted to give me a "nugget" since her husband got some, but she wanted me to meet her in the park. IT IS LIKE ONE IN THE MORNING. And then Wade told me to hurry and come meet him. No explanation, just a call! You expect me to come out there? I bet you want me to come alone and not bring the cops too, Wade. :mad:

Also, I finally (like 22+ hours, haha) got to Ecruteak and got the new item finder. Yes, it is the best ever. ^_^
Sounds like Beverly just wants to pet your Feraligatr.

Woman steals some of her husband's hard-earned gold and tries to tempt you to meet her alone in a park at midnight? Sounds like she wants some on egg move breeding the sly.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Sammy Samusu said:
Hint: capturing it for purpose of training.
I think he meant the Sentret was the first thing he came across so that's why it's in his team.

d0c_zaius: I dunno either how you'd be expected to know what the best Pokemon are to get off the bat, but yeah I'd recommend a Mareep. Mine is unstoppable (in its evolved form).

Delio

FootNinja said:
Anyone up for a battle? team isn't IV trained, move sets aren't 100% done, but I would like a battle for fun.

Sure i'm up for it. All i have are Ev trained stuff but eh it's just for fun so.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Delio said:
Sure i'm up for it. All i have are Ev trained stuff but eh it's just for fun so.
FC?

I will warn you, I just had 2 games cut out on me as I tried to battle someone, so I hope our connection stays strong.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I was just about to set up :(

I'm convinced that even though I have a full connection on my DS that my internet is the problem. For some reason my browser is moving slowly, and I think it's because my router needs a reset.

Anyway good game while it lasted except for that untimely crit.

Delio

Yeah was a fun battle. And i saw that Set up coming as soon as he hit the field luckly Azu could have countered. If you fix the router i'd love another match.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Delio said:
Yeah was a fun battle. And i saw that Set up coming as soon as he hit the field luckly Azu could have countered. If you fix the router i'd love another match.
only if it woke up THAT turn i'd say. Sub would have stopped any other attempt unless it had encore or something. Forgot how nerve racking pokemon battles can be, especially when you're worried about the game disconnecting the whole time :p

Probably going to wait for tomorrow, since the router is in a sleeping persons room.

Top Bottom