• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Gravijah

suikodan said:
Any idea if Nintendo plans on continuing gifts and special events via Wi-fi?

I see all those things in Japan with the game and can't help being a bit jealous over what NoA could do for us NA players.

We'll definitely be getting more stuff in the future. Maybe not as much as Japan, but we'll be definitely getting Celebi and I don't see why we won't get Mew. BTW, your name always makes me laugh.

Sixfortyfive said:
2) You only need your secret ID if you care about shinies. Everything else can be manipulated without it. The Magikarp-colored Gyarados actually can be used to help deduce your secret ID, but you'd need to catch one, check its stats, reset, catch another one, and keep repeating this so that you have enough information to work with. (I don't know the specifics, as I do not care about shinies.)
Wait, what? Is there anywhere with more in-depth info about using the Red Gyrados to get your secret ID?

I looked into RNG briefly but gave up when I saw you needed to find a wild shiny to use it, the whole point of wanting to abuse the RNG was that I've never found a shiny before. After another 5 hour solid hours of hatching failed Oddish eggs last night I'm willing to try anything, before I end up throwing my DS at the wall in frustration.

Gravijah

Azure Phoenix said:
Wait, what? Is there anywhere with more in-depth info about using the Red Gyrados to get your secret ID?

I looked into RNG briefly but gave up when I saw you needed to find a wild shiny to use it, the whole point of wanting to abuse the RNG was that I've never found a shiny before. After another 5 hour solid hours of hatching failed Oddish eggs last night I'm willing to try anything, before I end up throwing my DS at the wall in frustration.

You can trade a Pokemon to someone to figure out your Secret ID, too. You don't have to have hatched a shiny.

Gravijah said:
You can trade a Pokemon to someone to figure out your Secret ID, too. You don't have to have hatched a shiny.
I'm guessing you mean trading to someone with Action Replay or some other way of checking the Secret ID? I'm afraid that's no use to me, none of my friends even own a DS.

Gravijah

Azure Phoenix said:
I'm guessing you mean trading to someone with Action Replay or some other way of checking the Secret ID? I'm afraid that's no use to me, none of my friends even own a DS.

Well, do you have WiFi? I traded with someone on here to get the Secret ID for my Platinum sometime back.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Edit2: Wait, isn't today NPD day or am I remembering wrong? I can't wait to see how well Pokemon does.

NPD is usually Thursday.

I'm still keeping my prediction of these being the best selling Pokemon games!

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Video ID: 14-97385-68592

A real nail-biter!

windfish said:
someone who want to battle some helpless beginner?

FC: 1634 6721 1612
Tell me how serious a team I should use.

2750-6983-3519

Gravijah

Andrex said:
NPD is usually Thursday.

I'm still keeping my prediction of these being the best selling Pokemon games!

Aha, I knew it started with a T. So close, but so far. My local Wal-Mart sold through I'd say at least 40 of the games combined, and I don't live somewhere big.

cdyhybrid

windfish said:
someone who want to battle some helpless beginner?

FC: 1634 6721 1612

I'll battle you, haven't battled a real person before and haven't IV bred or EV trained this team.

FC: 4812 9260 8486

Edit: Never mind, beaten! Anyone wanna do a quick IV-checking battle?

windfish

Sixfortyfive said:
Video ID: 14-97385-68592

A real nail-biter!

Tell me how serious a team I should use.

2750-6983-3519

well you will be my second online fight ever and iam not all thatserious about IVs and all that stuff, go figure :D btw can i use my garchomp? i heared its a Uber?

edit: @ cdyhybrid i will glady fight against your team too, after my battle with sixtyfour...

Sixfortyfive

windfish said:
well you will be my second online fight ever and iam not all thatserious about IVs and all that stuff, go figure :D btw can i use my garchomp? i heared its a Uber?
Knock yourself out.

cdyhybrid said:
I'll battle you, haven't battled a real person before and haven't IV bred or EV trained this team.

FC: 4812 9260 8486

Edit: Never mind, beaten! Anyone wanna do a quick IV-checking battle?
I'll battle ya.

Sixfortyfive

Sleep clause! :mad: And what's with Hypnosis never missing! :mad:

But gg. Didn't think I'd win with a team like that.

Want another?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Yeah, I just ignored it. The Safari Zone in this game is a huge letdown because there's just too much to do and it takes too long. :/

I'm doing it cause I:

A. Want a complete Pokedex
B. Only want to use traded Pokemon if it's impossible to get them in SoulSilver

So I'll keep trudging along. :/ I mean I have filled a lot more of my 'dex with just the default/early Pokemon already, but yeah, this seems like one of those things GF put in to keep casual players coming back every so often months from now.

It's not a huge letdown if only because of the sheer amount of Pokemon you can catch in it. Insane, really.

cdyhybrid

Good battle JosM, that Electivire is a beast. My only hope was to cheese it down with Togekiss, otherwise it might have swept my entire team =\

Gravijah

Andrex said:
I'm doing it cause I:

A. Want a complete Pokedex
B. Only want to use traded Pokemon if it's impossible to get them in SoulSilver

So I'll keep trudging along. :/ I mean I have filled a lot more of my 'dex with just the default/early Pokemon already, but yeah, this seems like one of those things GF put in to keep casual players coming back every so often months from now.

It's not a huge letdown if only because of the sheer amount of Pokemon you can catch in it. Insane, really.

I keep wanting to tackle it, but the thought of arranging tons of items just gets to me each and every time. :lol

Edit: Encore+Metronome=Yay!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
I keep wanting to tackle it, but the thought of arranging tons of items just gets to me each and every time. :lol

Edit: Encore+Metronome=Yay!

If I were someone who didn't want to spend a lot of time with it, I'd just put exactly the objects Serebii are necessary for the (0-day) Pokemon I want.

Gravijah

Wizpig said:
I think that's the best Safari Zone ever, at least for the concept behind it.
Worst one = Pearl/Diamond

It's too small, the areas are just generic pieces so they don't feel like much of anything. Not having limited steps removes some of the fun behind it, too. Everything also is based around huge amounts of time. I'd like to see it expanded/fixed in BW, though.

Andrex said:
If I were someone who didn't want to spend a lot of time with it, I'd just put exactly the objects Serebii are necessary for the (0-day) Pokemon I want.

-sigh- Yeah, I'll probably put more time in when I'm done with Platinum.

thefil

I've decided I'm going to go for Pokedex completion! So here's a giant trading post.

I've bred a bunch of the starters (Totodile, Charmander, Treecko, Cindaquil) for trade. In exchange, I'm looking for any of:

Chikorita
Caterpie
Squirtle
Torchic
Mudkip
Spinarak
Clefairy
Sudowoodo (I forgot to catch it :()
Scyther
Mankey
Gligar
Phanpy
Mantine
Omanyte

I can also get pretty much any SoulSilver version exclusive for you if you'd like.

My FC is 1076 3042 0715, PM me if interested.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wizpig said:
I think that's the best Safari Zone ever, at least for the concept behind it.
Worst one = Pearl/Diamond

I don't even really think of that as a Safari Zone. Even the name wasn't the same... In my mind, until SoulSilver, I haven't played a Safari Zone since Yellow more than ten years ago. (I never made it to RSE's Safari Zone.) Maybe that's why I like sinking so much time into it. :3

Gravijah said:

I decided I wanted to get a jump on it as early as I could, since it does take a while for some of the Pokemon to appear. :lol Don't need it taking any longer than necessary.

CryptiK

I was just fucking robbed FUCKING ROBBED Lance on his last pokemon it was Charizard I had a Red Gyarados at level 40 full health and paralyzed and a Lugia at level 49 half health and only the move Shadow ball with PP left I got Lance's charizard into the low yellows twice with them two but he fucking full restored TWICE and I ran out of PP on my damn shadow ball and RG was dead and I RAGE!

windfish

Sixfortyfive said:
Sleep clause! :mad: And what's with Hypnosis never missing! :mad:

But gg. Didn't think I'd win with a team like that.

Want another?

yeah i kinda feel bad to win when you'r holding back your best team, did i broke any rules?
as i said never played online before

Gravijah

Andrex said:
I don't even really think of that as a Safari Zone. Even the name wasn't the same... In my mind, until SoulSilver, I haven't played a Safari Zone since Yellow more than ten years ago. (I never made it to RSE's Safari Zone.) Maybe that's why I like sinking so much time into it. :3

Wow, I can't remember Hoenn's Safari Zone. That's a good thing, too, because it means it might be time for a replay soon.

Wizpig

Gravijah said:
It's too small, the areas are just generic pieces so they don't feel like much of anything. Not having limited steps removes some of the fun behind it, too. Everything also is based around huge amounts of time. I'd like to see it expanded/fixed in BW, though.

Agreed on this.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Wow, I can't remember Hoenn's Safari Zone. That's a good thing, too, because it means it might be time for a replay soon.

Wait until BloodRuby and TearSapphire. :p

Sixfortyfive

windfish said:
yeah i kinda feel bad to win when you'r holding back your best team, did i broke any rules?
as i said never played online before
Nah, it's cool. Normally people play with a self-imposed rule where you can't put more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at the same time. I'm not really annoyed that you used Hypnosis twice in a row; I'm just annoyed that it worked twice in a row. :lol

Top Bottom