• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Wichu

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Urgh. I'm stuck in Kanto. I don't know where to go and I have 3 badges left. I can't go left from Cerulean and I can't wake Snorlax. D:
Have you visited the Power Plant?

EDIT:
thefil said:
I've bred a bunch of the starters (Totodile, Charmander, Treecko, Cindaquil) for trade. In exchange, I'm looking for any of:

Sudowoodo (I forgot to catch it :()
If you run away or KO Sudowoodo, it respawns there the next time you beat the Elite Four.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

cdyhybrid

Wow, fuck the battle tower. The opponent ALWAYS gets some lucky critical or clutch confusion or some bullshit. Ridiculous.

Anyone mind doing an IV battle? Wanna check a bunch of these Dratinis.

Choopy

Neo Member
cdyhybrid said:
Wow, fuck the battle tower. The opponent ALWAYS gets some lucky critical or clutch confusion or some bullshit. Ridiculous.

How do you check IV's through battle..? o_O

Wiseblade said:
Wifi battles can raise the levels of the pokemon involved to level 100. put those stats into an IV calculator and it will give you precise results.
I'll be up for a battle as soon as I get done with the trade(if he still needs it).

cdyhybrid said:

I find it faster to ask the Stats Judge, and then use rare candies on those I'm interested in to get an idea of what their IVs are. It's not the most precise method, however.

About the Pokémon Swapping Contest, my monster it's almost finished. Can't wait to see what gaffers will trade it for :D

cdyhybrid

Minister of the Dog said:
I find it faster to ask the Stats Judge, and then use rare candies on those I'm interested in to get an idea of what their IVs are.

Well, I've done that and figured out which ones I want to investigate further, but I don't have any Rare Candies, so this is my easiest route :D

thefil

The GTS is ridiculous. You can only put one trade up at a time, and when you search for anything all you find is requests for level 100 legendaries (for a Caterpie!?). It's a shame, because the system has potential.

Gravijah

thefil said:
The GTS is ridiculous. You can only put one trade up at a time, and when you search for anything all you find is requests for level 100 legendaries (for a Caterpie!?). It's a shame, because the system has potential.

WHY SURE I WILL GIVE YOU DEOXYS FOR THAT ZUBAT

Wizpig

Gravijah said:
WHY SURE I WILL GIVE YOU DEOXYS FOR THAT ZUBAT
But is it shiny l.100 Deoxys?
If it isn't, no thx.

edit. and of course the sad thing is that if they HAVE deoxys (or mew, celebi, whatever) on their pokédex in order to request it on the GTS it means that they are cheaters or have cheater friends in the first place almost for sure; effin kids ruining the game.

LOL I PUT MY BOX FULL OF SHINY HACKED LEGENDARIES UNDER THE "CUTE" CATEGORY, AM I FUN GUYS, I CAN FEEL THE ENVY.

Gravijah

Wizpig said:
But is it shiny l.100 Deoxys?
If it isn't, no thx.

Sigh, sadly the level 100 part isn't far from the truth. True story: I tried for 20 minutes to get a Pokemon from Haiti once. They were all assholes! :lol

ronito

am I the only one that got addicted to Voltorb flip?

Man I spent a freaking long time playing that thing. Got all the prize pokemans and some items but I am forcing myself to move on.

Gravijah

ronito said:
am I the only one that got addicted to Voltorb flip?

Man I spent a freaking long time playing that thing. Got all the prize pokemans and some items but I am forcing myself to move on.

I'd rather keep my soul, thank you.

Good match wiseblade.

I must know certain things though. How in the hell did your heracross outspeed my infernape? I've got battle animations off so I can't see any the telltale signs of items and moves.

Wiseblade

JosM88 said:
Good match wiseblade.

I must know certain things though. How in the hell did your heracross outspeed my infernape? I've got battle animations off so I can't see any the telltale signs of items and moves.

Choice scarf.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JSnake said:
Grass Knot is awesome.

Speaking of, I still haven't got an answer: Should I put both Ice Beam and Grass Knot on my Empoleon? One or the other? Which and why?

Andrex said:
Speaking of, I still haven't got an answer: Should I put both Ice Beam and Grass Knot on my Empoleon? One or the other? Which and why?
If you don't plan on keeping aqua attack I'd say sure why not. Empoleon has massive sp. attack potential so they're a great pair.
Wiseblade said:
Choice scarf.
I see.

Oh, and I was kind of surprised by how weak your STAB earthquake was against heracross. I thought I was gonna go back to platinum with a jar of bug goo after that sword dance.:lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
JosM88 said:
If you don't plan on keeping aqua attack I'd say sure why not. Empoleon has massive sp. attack potential so they're a great pair.

Coolio. Though I wonder why people think Aqua Jet is a good move on Empoleon? It's physical and only 40 damage... maybe I'm missing the importance of priority.

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
That totally depends. Are you going for a defensive or offensive penguin? if it's the former, use both. If the latter, then take ice beam and support it with Pokémon capable of taking down opposing bulky waters. Something like Rotom-A or Celebi Jolteon or Roserade works here and have decent synergy with Empoleon. If you go the defensive route, then pair it up with Gliscor. He takes physical hits well and they cover each others weakness perfectly.

Wizpig

JosM88 said:
Good match wiseblade.

Wait, but I always keep animations off too, but when online I thought they were on anyways by default (so annoying).
How can I turn them off online too?!

I'll be home in about 2 hours by the way, I'll ask again if anyone wants to play, anyone with about 6-7 badges?
Autocap at level 50 maybe?
Wolves Evolve said:
I just bought SoulSilver.

I have never played a Pokemon game before.

Not for a second.

Wish me luck.
Grats, but SuperiorGold is superior.
Ask if you need anything.

Andrex said:
Coolio. Though I wonder why people think Aqua Jet is a good move on Empoleon? It's physical and only 40 damage... maybe I'm missing the importance of priority.
I have to get around to breeding a new empoleon with higher speed stats. I've gotten used to keeping it on him for those last moments when I actually need a priority move. :p
Wolves Evolve said:
I just bought SoulSilver.

I have never played a Pokemon game before.

Not for a second.

Wish me luck.
Don't go online looking for all the guides and secret tricksnshit. Just enjoy the game and start trading pokes with people on here as soon as you get access to the bottom room in the pokecenter. Get a ghastly for whitney in goldenrod and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T GIVE JOEY YOUR NUMBER.

have fun
Wizpig said:
Wait, but I always keep animations off too, but when online I thought they were on anyways by default (so annoying).
How can I turn them off online too?!

I'll be home in about 2 hours by the way, I'll ask again if anyone wants to play, anyone with about 6-7 badges?
Autocap at level 50 maybe?Grats, but SuperiorGold is superior.
Ask if you need anything.
I don't know if you can actually turn them off online. I've had them off for so long that I don't even notice the animations if they are on anymore. Maybe the other person can turn theirs off as well?

Gravijah

Andrex said:

Being able to hit someone before they hit you in dire situations is always a plus. But I have zero competitive battles under my belt, so take that as you will.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
That totally depends. Are you going for a defensive or offensive penguin? if it's the former, use both. If the latter, then take ice beam and support it with Pokémon capable of taking down opposing bulky waters. Something like Rotom-A or Celebi Jolteon or Roserade works here and have decent synergy with Empoleon. If you go the defensive route, then pair it up with Gliscor. He takes physical hits well and they cover each others weakness perfectly.

I would have a Jolteon but I fail at getting Hidden Power Ice so that's out. I'd like him to be offensive but I could make him defensive if need be.

The rest of my team except for my hypothetical surfin' Raichu are all water or flying types. :lol Like I said, death by Pichu.

Gravijah

Gible... I've never raised a pseudo legendary before, I think I might add you to my team. Not having a Water type on my team would be strange, though.

Edit: I hate HMs, this is making things so rgnorgoengog. I could phase out Luxio for Jolteon, I could add remove Heracross for Gible and then I'd still have room for a Water Pokemon... -shoots self-

Gravijah said:
Being able to hit someone before they hit you in dire situations is always a plus. But I have zero competitive battles under my belt, so take that as you will.
It's useless in competitive battles without some attack stat boost. I'll eventually phase out the move or my poke for a real advantage.

Okay here is a question, is Gligar/Gliscor worth anything on a competitive team? As I have not EV trained at this point nor battled its merely just preference.

Top Bottom