• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Pokémon Swapping Contest

Echoes said:
  • Choose a Poke (a good nature is preferred)
  • EV-train him
  • Choose your own move-set and strategy (If you wanna begin with Char, for example, you can train him in Sp Atk for the obvious moves or go Belly Drum with a physical set. It's your choice)
  • TRADE!

In short; just EV-train a Poke and trade it with another Gaffer. The most preferred thing to me is the nickname. Throw in a nickname! It will be much more interesting IMO.

It took me a few days, but I'm done! My Pokémon is ready to trade, so, how shall we do this?

Wiseblade

Minister of the Dog said:
Pokémon Swapping Contest

It took me a few days, but I'm done! My Pokémon is ready to trade, so, how shall we do this?

Same, I've been ready to trade since yesterday.

EDIT: oh wait...

Phionoxx

I want a Pursuit Sneasel, Echoes!

Thank you very much, I will check back soon once I get my home network ready to work with the DS.

Minister of the Dog said:
As far as I know, it's only Echoes, 645, you and me, right? I guess we should wait for Echoes to decide what to do, since he was the one who came up with the idea.
I'd participate but as I am only 5 Johto badges in, its really not possible for me. It sounds like a lot of fun though, and maybe when I am able to participate it will still be going on.

JSnake

JSnake said:
Does anyone have a Jolly Aerodactyl they could trade to me? It'd be really appreciated. :)

If you want something in return, let me know and I'll see if I have it. If I don't, I'll offer you whatever valuable thingy I have.

Anyone?

Is it just me, or is Delibird just a collossal pain in the arse to catch? I wanted to catch a male one for the purposes of future Ice Punch breeding, but I fainted about five and wasted a bunch of Great/Ultra balls them before I caught one. Stupid Psyduck kept getting critical hits off of Cut.

Up to the Blackthorn gym now.

Mafro

QUICK! My Gyarados' move set:

Bite
Ice Fang
Dragon Rage
Hydro Pump

Should I drop one for Dragon Dance? Bear in mind one will be getting dropped for Hyper Beam in three levels time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Mafro said:

Bite
Ice Fang
Dragon Rage
Hydro Pump

Should I drop one for Dragon Dance? Bear in mind one will be getting dropped for Hyper Beam in three levels time.

Level?

Keep Ice Beam no matter what if you're going into the Elite 4.

Mafro

Andrex said:
Level?

Keep Ice Beam no matter what if you're going into the Elite 4.

lvl 44. I'm keeping Ice fang as I'm levelling up at Victory Road to prepare for the Elite 4.

I think I'll drop Dragon Rage, since it only does 40 damage.

Mafro said:

Bite
Ice Fang
Dragon Rage
Hydro Pump

Drop Dragon Rage for Dragon Dance. Also, don't teach it Hyper Beam! The recharge time alone makes it more of a liability than a boon.

Also, what's Hydro Pump doing there? You'd be better off with Surf (almost as much power with 100% accuracy) or Waterfall (less power, but takes advantage of Gyarados' monstrous attack stat).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Drop Dragon Rage for Dragon Dance. Also, don't teach it Hyper Beam! The recharge time alone makes it more of a liability than a boon.

Also, what's Hydro Pump doing there? You'd be better off with Surf (almost as much power with 100% accuracy) or Waterfall (less power, but takes advantage of Gyarados' monstrous attack stat).

On Gyarados, Waterfall >>> Surf >= Hydro Pump

Take it from someone who's trained two. :p Even on non-EV trained ones it's a substantial and noticeable improvement over Surf.

Andrex said:
On Gyarados, Waterfall >>> Surf >= Hydro Pump

Take it from someone who's trained two. :p Even on non-EV trained ones it's a substantial and noticeable improvement over Surf.
There we go. I've never paid much attention to Gyarados' Sp.Atk, but I remember it being middling at best.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
There we go. I've never paid much attention to Gyarados' Sp.Atk, but I remember it being middling at best.

Yeah it's pretty terrible.

cdyhybrid

Anyone have a low level Vulpix I can trade for? I can give you a Growlithe or an ExtremeSpeed Dratini. Need to breed Will-o-Wisp onto my future Houndoom :D

Also, anyone mind doing a quick IV-checking battle?

Woo! I just caught Mew-Two. Eh, I used a Master Ball, but whatever. Now since I finished all of the gym leaders, I'm a bit bored of battling. So, I'm gonna try to fill up my Pokédex.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Square Triangle said:
Just beat the Elites, holy shit I'm burnt out. 50 hours of Pokemon is killing me and the Gf.

Pfft I've done double that with no signs of stopping anytime soon. :p

See I play Pokemon the wrong way. Screw filling a pokedex, I find my stride with a great team and run with it.

I know it's only half the experience of the game but I don't get anything out of the "Gotta catch'em all!"

Nayishiki

I'm currently on 260 hours with 478 Pokemon seen and 477 obtained.

cdyhybrid said:
Anyone have a low level Vulpix I can trade for? I can give you a Growlithe or an ExtremeSpeed Dratini. Need to breed Will-o-Wisp onto my future Houndoom :D

I have some Vulpix if you still need one. You need a male right? My FC is 3653 2713 6337.

Square Triangle said:
See I play Pokemon the wrong way. Screw filling a pokedex, I find my stride with a great team and run with it.

I know it's only half the experience of the game but I don't get anything out of the "Gotta catch'em all!"
I wouldn't recommend trying to, either. That's what burnt me out when I was playing through Pearl.

I love the idea of building a competitive team you can't get on a vanilla playthrough (just catching, levelling and TMs), though. I bred an elemental-punching Alakazam back in Emerald/Leaf Green and it freaking rocked.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
On Serebii's Safari Zone guide, does the "Days: After X Days" mean the days after those blocks have been added (meaning you can't subtract blocks from them during that time), or the days after which you first entered the Safari Zone? Or something else?

Pein

Banned
can anyone help me transfer some pokemon from heartgold to platinum? I mainly just want my metal coat from heartgold and seadra and electabuzz so both can evolve.

I can offer my extremespeed dratini or my one of the legendary's I caught

Stencil said:
Why would that rock?? I figured 'Zams Atk sucked since its Sp.Atk rocked.
Not during Gen 3. Back then, whether a move would use Atk or Sp.Atk depended on the move's elemental type rather than being decided individually and Ice, Electric and Fire were all Special types (i.e. they were based on Sp.Atk).

Weirdly enough, I think Ghost was a Physical type and Dark was a Special type back then.

Not during Gen 3. Back then, whether a move would use Atk or Sp.Atk depended on the move's elemental type rather than being decided individually and Ice, Electric and Fire were all Special types (i.e. they were based on Sp.Atk).

Weirdly enough, I think Ghost was a Physical type and Dark was a Special type back then.

The Scizor and Quagsire that I had EV trained from LeafGreen are useless because of the switch. :(

Top Bottom