• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

drtomoe123 said:
The Scizor and Quagsire that I had EV trained from LeafGreen are useless because of the switch. :(
Yeah, you get that. I had this monster competitive team brewing in the run-up to the release of DP... and then the Physical/Special split was announced. Half of them were now gimped (the Alakazam got the worst of it).

Still, it's a massive change for the better. For instance, Ghost-type moves are now viable on a Gengar where they weren't before, Rapidash, Gyarados and Kingler's typings are now assets rather than liabilities and it's generally harder to predict a pokemon's movesets since the split offers up all sorts of possibilities for type coverage that weren't availabe previously.

EDIT: Almost forgot about my Dusclops! It was going to be the greatest annoyer ever and then Dusknoir came along. Its moveset was something like Will-o-wisp, Pain Split, Night Shade, Iron Defense (Not sure about that last one - it was a while ago?)

El Sloth

Banned
Nayishiki said:
No Problem. It's always good to have more trainers ID No.

I know why you said this, but I still couldn't help imagine some crazed nerd in his basement with various pokemon furry fan art taped on the walls amassing a database of Gaffers and their trainer ID #'s.

I gotta stop drinking wine before browsing GAF.

Nayishiki said:
No Problem. It's always good to have more trainers ID No.

I did that on my my Diamond game too. I collected a lot of trainer ID's up to the point that I'm almost guaranteed to win a PP Up Everyday.. Even won a Masterball once:3

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Andrex said:
On Serebii's Safari Zone guide, does the "Days: After X Days" mean the days after those blocks have been added (meaning you can't subtract blocks from them during that time), or the days after which you first entered the Safari Zone? Or something else?

?

MechaX

Woo boy. Almost at the Elite 4. The best way I can describe my relationship to Pokemon titles is trying to control the addiction to a very dangerous drug. It pretty much preys upon all of my OCD habits ("must get all pokemon levels to that of the gym leaders, must have them all at the same level, must have a well-balanced team, must look at EV/IVs, etc"). Every time I play one, I start getting sucked into the competitive meta-game here and spend more time trying to make teams than actually playing the game. And every time, I have to ground myself back to reality, saying "just play the game because you're not good at competitive Pokemon in the first place."

Fun stuff, but I just find it... disturbing that there's one game that actually preys upon all of my bad habits in gaming perfectly well.

Echoes

Minister of the Dog said:
As far as I know, it's only Echoes, 645, you and me, right? I guess we should wait for Echoes to decide what to do, since he was the one who came up with the idea.
Just did a quick luck-draw. You and I will trade, Sixfortyfive and Wiseblade will trade :D

Echoes

thefil said:
Bit of a big favour to ask for, but does anyone have a Porygon lying around or the ability to breed one?
I think I have one in Platinum. I'll breed you one if you don't mind waiting a day :(

thefil

Echoes said:
I think I have one in Platinum. I'll breed you one if you don't mind waiting a day :(

I don't mind. Can you tell me when you'll be free tomorrow so I know when to be on the computer?

*edit* Cool Nayi, I'll head into wifi room in a second. Can I get you something in return? A johto/Kanto starter perhaps?

*second edit* FC 1076 3042 0715

Am I reading too much into shit or did my rival just make a dark knight reference?

[rival] sends out haunter
[rival]: heh heh. why so serious?

Nayishiki

thefil said:
I don't mind. Can you tell me when you'll be free tomorrow so I know when to be on the computer?

*edit* Cool Nayi, I'll head into wifi room in a second. Can I get you something in return? A johto/Kanto starter perhaps?

I'll need your friend code and I don't need anything in return.

Edit: Heading Online

thefil

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Thefil, could you breed a Porygon for me when ya get it, please? I hate that I need 9999 coins to get the damn thing.

Sure, I'm trading with Nayi now then I'll breed.

*edit* Thanks Nayi!

Echoes

Oh, I have several Pursuit Sneasel for you guys.

I named some Slash and some others Thomas. Slash for the obvious sharp claws and Thomas because Weavile's voice reminds of Tom.

tom_26_jerry-piano_concerto.jpg

timnich

Echoes said:
Oh, I have several Pursuit Sneasel for you guys.

I named some Slash and some others Thomas. Slash for the obvious sharp claws and Thomas because Weavile's voice reminds of Tom.

tom_26_jerry-piano_concerto.jpg
Are you up for trading right now? I can get online in like 5 min. Are you looking for anything in exchange?

Edit: FC is 4168 7175 6086
Edit 2: sorry Echoes but I need to go offline for tonight. Maybe we can trade tomorow? Thanks anyways:)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm waiting online for thefil so I can be on before or after...

That is, if I'm eligible for a Sneasel. :3

TestOfTide said:
Am I reading too much into shit or did my rival just make a dark knight reference?

[rival] sends out haunter
[rival]: heh heh. why so serious?
I caught that.

Got my 8th badge during my lunch break. I'm a little put out by the fact that
I had to go to that Dragon Shrine to get my badge though. Stupid Clair.

Got myself a masterball though. Woo! I'm saving this bad boy for Mewtwo when I see him or a random shiny if I get desperate. Should I try for Lugia now or wait until I've levelled up some more (3 mains @ Lv 41, 2 HM slaves and a Heracross @ Lv 26)?

By the way, what's
that "unfinished business" Clair
was referring to?

Echoes

timnich & Andrex, just give me couple of minutes to finish EV-training my Weavile. 5 minutes at most. (edit your posts with FCs dear friends!)

FC 4984 7134 0994

thefil

Sorry Andrex, it looks like we can't connect. You're the third person with whom it just doesn't want to work :(.

JGR, please PM me about the Porygon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah sorry thefil. :(

Echoes said:
timnich & Andrex, just give me couple of minutes to finish EV-training my Weavile. 5 minutes at most. (edit your posts with FCs dear friends!)

FC 4984 7134 0994

0560 - 9071 - 3586

Question for all the awesome breeders out there. If I put earthquake on my male Gligar and then breed that with a ditto will that move Earthquake to the eggs guaranteed?

Echoes

Xeno_Flux2113 said:
Question for all the awesome breeders out there. If I put earthquake on my male Gligar and then breed that with a ditto will that move Earthquake to the eggs guaranteed?
If it's male then yes.

Andrex & tim, I'll be in the room now.

Forkball

Anyone got any tips on when I should evolve Growlithe? I want it to learn Flame Blitz, but damn, it doesn't learn it until level 48. I don't want to take a Growlithe to the Elite Four.

Forkball said:
Anyone got any tips on when I should evolve Growlithe? I want it to learn Flame Blitz, but damn, it doesn't learn it until level 48. I don't want to take a Growlithe to the Elite Four.
If you want it to learn Flame Blitz, wait until it's at level 48. I just earned my 8th badge and my mains are only at level 41, so I can't imagine it'll take you that long to grind to that level. Shouldn't you be netting heaps of EXP from the Victory Road pokemon by now anyway?

Also, turn off animations when you do grind. It speeds the process up something shocking.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
So, I made it to the Elite 4. I cruised through right to Lance, where he and his
3 Dragonites
completely stopped me in my tracks. Argh, I regret using a Quagsire instead of a water pokemon that can use
Ice moves.
Also, fuck
Outrage
. Dying in one hit is thoroughly unfair.

Forkball

viciouskillersquirrel said:
If you want it to learn Flame Blitz, wait until it's at level 48. I just earned my 8th badge and my mains are only at level 41, so I can't imagine it'll take you that long to grind to that level. Shouldn't you be netting heaps of EXP from the Victory Road pokemon by now anyway?

Also, turn off animations when you do grind. It speeds the process up something shocking.
Actually I'm only at the third gym. I was just thinking ahead about what I want to do with Growlithe. His attack and special attack stats are pretty similar. I already plan to make my future Feraligatr focused on attacks over special attacks, so maybe I should make my future Arcanine focus on specials... eh whatever, I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Speaking of turning off animations, I'm really glad they let you turn off Pokemon entrance animations. In D/P you could turn off animations for attacks, but Pokemon still did their entrance animations which were annoying. Also, the Pokeball animation appears less frequently since your Pokemon walks with you. Minor changes, but it's really useful.

Also I just got Yellow Forest. I thought the Pokewalker would be stupid at first, but I now realize it is one of the greatest inventions of the 21st century.

^ :D

I just beat the Elite 4 last night and reached Kanto. I'm kind of lost on what to do here though. Am I supposed to try and make it to Pallet town? It looks like it will be a long hard journey there with all the trainers on the way. Or should I just do whatever I happen to run into?

Just beat Blaine, 1 badge left!
At the last two gyms it felt like my pokemon were overpowered, so I avoided trainer battlers since leaving Pewter City and only brought the 4 lowest level pokemon from my team against blaine.

Aggron lvl 53 (knows surf)
Drapion lvl 54 (knows aqua tail)
Medicham lvl 55
Dusknoir lvl 54

And that motherfucker only has
3 pokemon on his team?? :lol Though his Sunny Day and Overheat combo did take out two of my pokemon, but still a very easy fight.

Gravijah

Oni Link 666 said:
^ :D

I just beat the Elite 4 last night and reached Kanto. I'm kind of lost on what to do here though. Am I supposed to try and make it to Pallet town? It looks like it will be a long hard journey there with all the trainers on the way. Or should I just do whatever I happen to run into?

There's a few paths you can take, I'd just have fun going through it though. If you get lost just ask here!

Top Bottom