• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Styles

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Oh! If it's in Japanese, it WILL have a name change when evolved. As long as it's not a nickname, mind you.

Oh, thanks for clarifying. I worded it so totally wrong, sorry about that, should have added the Japanese part in the post. :lol Whew.

cdyhybrid

Vect said:
So I'll be stuck with a JP named Horsea. A bummer but oh well!
sadhorsea.jpg

horsea.jpg

Gravijah

Metroid Killer said:

It took a second, but God that made me laugh. Speaking of foreign Pokemon, I think I'm gonna go on a Journey to collect a Pikachu from every single country! Then I will amass an army of Raichu!

cdyhybrid said:
There's a judge that can check your Pokemon's IVs, but he doesn't give you exact numbers.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Frontier_(Generation_IV)#Stats_Judge

If you find a way to scale up low-level Pokes to 50 in one of the Frontier challanges, let me know :lol Would make things so much easier.
Yeah, the natures and beginning stats tell the gist of what I need to know. I just want to see their stats for myself without having to wait until level 50.

Don't wifi battles boost ALL pokes to any level the battle is set at?
Metroid Killer said:
I yelled "OH SHIT" out loud.
:lol :lol :lol

Gravijah said:
Holy shit the Underground in Platinum gets addicting. Forgot how much fun it was to dig for items...
17 firestones, 8 water stones ten fossil pokes later and I'm still enjoying it. It's probably the best minigame Nintendo has ever made for the pokemon series. Voltorb flip pales in comparison.

Gravijah

JosM88 said:
17 firestones, 8 water stones ten fossil pokes later and I'm still enjoying it. It's probably the best minigame Nintendo has ever made for the pokemon series. Voltorb flip pales in comparison.

I've found so many Heart Scales :D! It's sad that we probably won't see it in BW. And I would have liked them to give you even more stuff to find, like TMs. I'd like an easier way to find TMs in game, really.

Styles

What's up with this pokegear madness? STOP CALLING ME EVERY FEW MINUTES, NO ONE WANTS TO KNOW HOW AWESOME YOUR RATATA IS. Sadly the only way to mute the incoming phone call ringtone is to lower the volume which I don't want to cause I like the game's music. ;;

Is there a way?!

Wizpig

Vect said:
What's up with this pokegear madness? STOP CALLING ME EVERY FEW MINUTES, NO ONE WANTS TO KNOW HOW AWESOME YOUR RATATA IS. Sadly the only way to mute the incoming phone call ringtone is to lower the volume which I don't want to cause I like the game's music. ;;

Is there a way?!
-Answer the calls
or
-Talk to someone or enter a building to stop the phone
or
-Answer the calls and laugh at them

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ookami-kun said:
What should be your mon's speed so that it is faster than Entei/Raikou?
107 to guarantee it. This assumes that the roamer has max speed though.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I have the same mentality with Bidoof. When I played Pearl, I refused to catch one. Ugly lookin' bastard.
Bidoof is THE BEST.

THE BEST.

bidoooooof.png

wat teh wat?

I did laugh at the Porygon-2 version.

Woo! I got all of the Pokémon from Hoenn Sound. Now to wait till tomorrow for the Sinnoh sound. AND I can get my Shinx, which was one of my favorite Pokémon from DP.

Wizpig

Oh shit at Miltank Bidoof...

But anyway yeah, Bidoof is awesome.

edit. The sheep one is just like real Bidoof except for the tail...

Gravijah

Jet Grind Radio! said:
wat teh wat?

I did laugh at the Porygon-2 version.

Woo! I got all of the Pokémon from Hoenn Sound. Now to wait till tomorrow for the Sinnoh sound. AND I can get my Shinx, which was one of my favorite Pokémon from DP.

I'm still unsure if I want to trade my Luxio for a Jolteon. They're both so awesome!

Sixfortyfive said:
http://www.sixfortyfive.com/pkmn/bidoooooof.png[img][/QUOTE]
Jesus!!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/MKiller/beeduf.jpg

What will take the least exp to reach lvl 55: lvl 30 Dragonair or lvl 1 foriegn(1.7xExp) Dratini?

Gravijah

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Very true, very true. Do you need Jolteon for anything? 'Cuz if not, I say stick with Luxio.

Nope, don't need Jolteon over Luxio for anything, it's just purely for fun. I just like the super speediness of Jolteon.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Metroid Killer said:
You must have a Nature that reduces speed then. I have a lvl 50 Umbreon which has 103 in speed...

Nah, it's red in DEF and blue in ATK... which is really lol

Gravijah said:
I've found so many Heart Scales :D! It's sad that we probably won't see it in BW. And I would have liked them to give you even more stuff to find, like TMs. I'd like an easier way to find TMs in game, really.
It's a real shame that it might not come back. It would have been awesome to search for TM's down there. I hate the current BP system set in place. If I want to get another earthquake or stone edge I have to waste multiple hours in the battle frontier which takes away from the fun.

We already have to grind on the elite 4 for cash, levels and poke moves. Now we have to grind against rubber band AI and incredibly tough teams multiple times?

:(

Edit:
The bellosomdoof looks like a cheap pokemon ad for the organge islands or something.:lol

thefil

Jet Grind Radio! said:
So I need some help. I need a catcher Pokémon, but I don't know what. My main team is a bit too high a level to damage a lower level Pokémon, lvl. 44-61. What would be a good one to catch, and what about movesets? I've been lucky so far in that I've been able to catch lower level stuff by just paralyzing them with full health.

Nobody replied to this yet, so I'll give it a go. I use Gallede as my catcher. You can breed a Ralts with Mean Look (from a Ghastly), keep it as Ralts until level 40(ish) to learn Hypnosis, then evolve to Gallede and teach it False Swipe. Pretty much all you need right there.

I'm using an Adamant Parasect with Spore, False Swipe, Sword Dance and X-Scissor. Breloom also work with this set (with seed bomb instead of X-scissor).

Add a trapper Smeargel and you got yourself a really awesome legendary hunting team.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hey Metroid, you wanna hook up and throw me that Darkrai sometime?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
...And yes, I am breeding for a shiny poliwag... I'm a glutton for punishment. :lol

Heh, congrats with both the Darkrai and shiny Charizard, you got hardcore patience in you so you defintely deserves them!

...not that I'm not jealous of your shiny Charizard <_<, >_>

LiQuid!

Haha, patience, madness, whatevs. After I get my poliwag, I'm planning on moving on to a bagon and shroomish to finish up Team OCD, provided I don't hang myself first. :lol

Gravijah

LiQuid! said:
Haha, patience, madness, whatevs. After I get my poliwag, I'm planning on moving on to a bagon and shroomish to finish up Team OCD, provided I don't hang myself first. :lol

If you hang yourself can I have your shinies?

El Sloth

Banned
Finally decided to go through the Elite 4 last night. Fuck Lance and everything he holds dear. If it wasn't for my Lapras and various Max revives I would've gotten my ass kicked. Also I have fallen in love with my Tauros, saved my ass despite being at such a low level.

Dear Lance:
I see that you received my earlier complaint, and no longer have three dragonite on your team, thanks. As for their replacements: SCREW YOU.

Finally beat Elite 4 round 2, but I had to burn 3 max revives on Lance's dragonite, and 3 revives on that stupid Garchomp. (GARCHOMP uses Swords Dance! GARCHOMP wrecked your team!) The reason I didn't use max revives for that is because it could one-shot my entire team anyway.

Kurtofan

HiddenWings said:
Dear Lance:
I see that you received my earlier complaint, and no longer have three dragonite on your team, thanks. As for their replacements: SCREW YOU.

Finally beat Elite 4 round 2, but I had to burn 3 max revives on Lance's dragonite, and 3 revives on that stupid Garchomp. (GARCHOMP uses Swords Dance! GARCHOMP wrecked your team!) The reason I didn't use max revives for that is because it could one-shot my entire team anyway.
What do you get for beating the elite four again?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question that I could answer myself in about two seconds if I wasn't behind a web filter - When EV training, is there a disadvantage to shooting up the early levels really quickly (ie when I kill a Seaking I go straight from level 1 to level 6)?

I ask because it seems like I remember that it takes 4 EVs of a given stat to gain a point in that stat on level up, but with the Seaking I only gain 2 points before levelling. The "4 EVs per point" counter starts over on a level-up, right? ex. those two EVs I gained are pretty much gone for the purpose of stats in the single player game?

Kyzer

Banned
Monroeski said:
Quick question that I could answer myself in about two seconds if I wasn't behind a web filter - When EV training, is there a disadvantage to shooting up the early levels really quickly (ie when I kill a Seaking I go straight from level 1 to level 6)?

I ask because it seems like I remember that it takes 4 EVs of a given stat to gain a point in that stat on level up, but with the Seaking I only gain 2 points before levelling. The "4 EVs per point" counter starts over on a level-up, right? ex. those two EVs I gained are pretty much gone for the purpose of stats in the single player game?

No. All that matters is that you have all your EVs done by level 99.

Top Bottom