• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

That makes me wonder... Why level your pokemon to level 100? What benefits will come from having it at 100?

It's totally overkill for the main game, and your Ev trained pokemon can always be scaled to lvl 100 in wifi battles...

O:

Got a Shiny Kyogre.

Put up a japanese Embedded Tower Groudon and got the Embedded Tower Kyogre(Lvl 100, Shiny). Likely hacked but the player who traded it gave it "Legit Gold" Nickname.

MNC

ExtraKr1spy said:
O:

Got a Shiny Kyogre.

Put up a japanese Embedded Tower Groudon and got the Embedded Tower Kyogre(Lvl 100, Shiny). Likely hacked but the player who traded it gave it "Legit Gold" Nickname.
Hmm, I don't think I'd be very pleased with it myself as I don't want hacked pokemon on my game (I am seriously considering to get event pokemon in such a way, through friends or whoever can get me such a mon since there's just hardly any events in my area), but nice job at getting it!

MNC said:
Hmm, I don't think I'd be very pleased with it myself, but nice job at getting it!

Only wanted it so I can get Rayquaza. Probably gonna put it up for trade to get some other legendaries/event pokemons I missed.

Two more! Misdreavus and Mismagius!

misdreavuss.jpg

hi res

mismagiuss.jpg

hi res

Gravijah

Metroid Killer said:
Sure, I'm determined to do all the Ghost pokemon now. 8 down 10 to go! So Shuppet and Banette will be next (probably ready by friday).

Cool, I want Banette as the background for my other computer. These are all real awesome, awesome work.

This is probably a long shot, but does anyone have a Feebas they could briefly loan me so that I can register it on my Pokedex?

I can't get a Feebas from the GTS since I haven't seen one yet and I really don't want to wait until I reach the Pal Park to bring one over and get a Milotic.

Nayishiki

Can anyone help me transfer 6 pokemons from Platinum to Soul Silver?My Fcs are 1505 7817 2308 and 3653 2713 6337.

Azure Phoenix said:
This is probably a long shot, but does anyone have a Feebas they could briefly loan me so that I can register it on my Pokedex?

I can't get a Feebas from the GTS since I haven't seen one yet and I really don't want to wait until I reach the Pal Park to bring one over and get a Milotic.

I have one my Fc is 3653 2713 6337.

Nayishiki said:
Can anyone help me transfer 6 pokemons from Platinum to Soul Silver?My Fcs are 1505 7817 2308 and 3653 2713 6337.

I have one my Fc is 3653 2713 6337.

Thanks. Tell you what, I could give you a hand to transfer your Pokemon across if you would be kind enough to let me quickly put your Feebas in the daycare to get an egg and then send your Feebas straight back.

My FC is 4855 9004 1361 if that sounds alright to you.

Azure Phoenix said:
There's also the pokewalker option.... You just need to collect ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND WATTS!!! ARghgghgh!!!

Nayishiki

Azure Phoenix said:
Thanks. Tell you what, I could give you a hand to transfer your Pokemon across if you would be kind enough to let me quickly put your Feebas in the daycare to get an egg and then send your Feebas straight back.

My FC is 4855 9004 1361 if that sounds alright to you.

OK I'll add you in Platinum and Soul Silver. You can keep Feebas.

Chozo

Metroid Killer said:
That makes me wonder... Why level your pokemon to level 100? What benefits will come from having it at 100?

It's totally overkill for the main game, and your Ev trained pokemon can always be scaled to lvl 100 in wifi battles...

At this point? Bragging rights (if you did it legitly), mostly.

Nayishiki said:
OK I'll add you in Platinum and Soul Silver. You can keep Feebas.
Thank you very much, be warned that you'll get a load of Oddish during the trade in your Platinum game though, I've got 15 boxes full of them XD

Nayishiki

Azure Phoenix said:
Thank you very much, be warned that you'll get a load of Oddish during the trade in your Platinum game though, I've got 15 boxes full of them XD

It's ok with me. Do you want 5 starters with the Feebas?

Mael

HOLY SHIT!!!!
I finally managed to get an egg for something!!!!
At last I decided to check for a Blindalys I was searching via TGS (came up empty ended, why can't I catch any or even breed any >.<)

Anyway so I saw I could get some nice pkmn via trading a piplup since I can breed this because it's my starter I decided that I might as well do it.

And people said the My Pokemon Ranch was useless....
I traded a Pikachu that way (why can't I catch one btw? they're awfully rare now it seems) so I have a foreign male pikachu and a my starter which is female (according to bulbapedia a female piplup is actually rare, I did something right it seems :D )
And put my Limeila (prinplup or whatever) with the mascot Pokemon in the ranch and just ran around until I saw the old man facing the road every 300 steps or so.

Lo and behold I HAVE AN EGG!

I wasn't aware that trading was so important for breeding (might need to trade a ditto later...)

I'm playing Diamond right now and since it's my first egg since it's my first pkmn since Blue I wasn't aware how it work'd...
I'll keep this piplup for further IV training and get another one,
anyone interested in a piplup against another starter pokemon that's not a piplup

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
OK it's official, I'm addicted to the Safari Zone.

Tip for those looking to just dabble: Choose Rocky Beach, Wetland, Forest, Swamp, Mountain, and/or Meadow at first and keep them. The last-appearing Pokemon on these will appear only after 70-110 days after you've chosen the area. The slowest to appear Pokemon in the Safari Zone are in these six areas, so you might as well get a jump on it as early as possible.

Pein

Banned
Pein said:
can anyone help me transfer some pokemon from heartgold to platinum? I mainly just want my metal coat from heartgold and seadra and electabuzz so both can evolve.

bump from last night and I'd need the metal coat to evolve the scyther I caught in platinum

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Metroid Killer said:
Well ask yourself; Is Sheinja a Ghost pokemon? If the answer is yes then you'll love me :D

Well it's a living inanimate object, which is kinda like a zombie in some capacities...

Andrex said:
OK it's official, I'm addicted to the Safari Zone.

Tip for those looking to just dabble: Choose Rocky Beach, Wetland, Forest, Swamp, Mountain, and/or Meadow at first and keep them. The last-appearing Pokemon on these will appear only after 70-110 days after you've chosen the area. The slowest to appear Pokemon in the Safari Zone are in these six areas, so you might as well get a jump on it as early as possible.
Ahh the Safari Zone, my most loved/hated feature of this game :D . Yes defintely have the 70-110 days areas to be active as soon as possible. Place them at the top for convenience sake. Then while they sit there as the days go by you'll replace the other areas that requires less time. In the end you'll still be waiting for those Shelgon and Riolus to appear though..

Here are some notes I wrote in the beginning when I opened up for the Safari Zone :lol
It didn't make it easier that Bulbapedia and Serebiis translation of the area names were different and changed all the time. Confused the heck out of me since I have the japanese version.
sf1.jpg

sf2.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Nayishiki said:
Thanks for your help Azure Phoenix I'm now at 481 Pokemon seen and 481 obtained.

330 / 199 as of right now. :D Hopefully I can catch this damn Masquerain so I can get rid of the water blocks in the meadow soon. :lol

With the exception of starters, HeartGold exclusives, and the Pokemon listed on this Serebii page (minus Celebi as that event should be upcoming), I'm catching them ALL in just my SoulSilver file. Never seriously attempted to catch them all before. :p

Mael

I was searching for a pkmn I didn't to help pein
and Sonofa... TGS actually worked!!!
I actually got a Blindalys in exchancge of what I didn't have!
This game is awesome!

I've a got a Mime Jr, axoloto, azurill, geodude, machoke that are up for trade,
if possible I'd like a pkmn that is not in diamond to help me for future breeding

name : mael if that helps
fc : 2321 3860 9980

Nayishiki said:
Thanks for your help Azure Phoenix I'm now at 481 Pokemon seen and 481 obtained.
Thank you very much to you as well for the Feebas and all those starters, I can't believe how generous everyone has been by giving out all these Pokemon for free.

Once I get to the Pal Park hopefully I'll be able to start handing out some of the stuff from my Sapphire game, to do my fair share of helping people out.

As a small side note, does anyone know if Pokemon obtained in a trade that are not part of the standard Pokedex will count as obtained when you get the National Pokedex if you don't own them any more? I'm just wondering if the Sinnoh Pokemon I moved across for Nayishiki will count, removing the need for me to get a Palkia and Dialga.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Metroid Killer said:
Ahh the Safari Zone, my most loved/hated feature of this game :D . Yes defintely have the 70-110 days areas to be active as soon as possible. Place them at the top for convenience sake. Then while they sit there as the days go by you'll replace the other areas that requires less time. In the end you'll still be waiting for those Shelgon and Riolus to appear though..

Here are some notes I wrote in the beginning when I opened up for the Safari Zone :lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/MKiller/sf1.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/MKiller/sf2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Heh I did [URL="http://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1bxCZMEUpT-acKg-VjnBEjnoU9BRJVAU99KGXN4KPj3A&hl=en"]something similar, using Google Docs[/URL] for Pokemon I haven't caught yet. I chose the areas without really knowing anything, but I'm sticking with them until they run out. I will however be able to switch out Plains soon though, as that doesn't have any late-appearing Pokemon at all.

I'm almost the same as you Andrex, in that I pretty much try to get all the available pokemon myself. Though I did give up on Gible and Bagon due to the insane demands of the Safari Zone, and then I got a few pokemons that I didn't had from various trades. 420something seen / 415 caught.

Azure Phoenix said:
As a small side note, does anyone know if Pokemon obtained in a trade that are not part of the standard Pokedex will count as obtained when you get the National Pokedex if you don't own them any more? I'm just wondering if the Sinnoh Pokemon I moved across for Nayishiki will count, removing the need for me to get a Palkia and Dialga.
Yes I'm pretty sure they will be in your National Dex.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I can't imagine what it'll take to more than double my current count. :lol Probably lots of breeding and leveling.

Mael

Pein said:
bump from last night and I'd need the metal coat to evolve the scyther I caught in platinum

me said:
I was searching for a pkmn I didn't to help pein
and Sonofa... TGS actually worked!!!
I actually got a Blindalys in exchancge of what I didn't have!
This game is awesome!

I've a got a Mime Jr, axoloto, azurill, geodude, machoke that are up for trade,
if possible I'd like a pkmn that is not in diamond to help me for future breeding
or just a male that'll do

name : mael if that helps
fc : 2321 3860 9980

I don't have a metal coat so I don't know if that helps.

Pein

Banned
Mael said:
I don't have a metal coat so I don't know if that helps.
I can give you my scyther then if you help me trade over my HG pokemon in to platinum and I can get you a larvitar or name something and I'll try to get something you want

Mael

Pein said:
I can give you my scyther then if you help me trade over my HG pokemon in to platinum and I can get you a larvitar

deal
so you want your HG pokemon to go to your platinium copy if i get this right
so I need a pkmn that you'll trade you HG pkmn then I give it back to you as is on your platinium copy (where I assume i'll get the reward or something)
Since whatever pokemon will help me breed anyway I'll just ask to avoid the unown (only unbreedable I have :p)
although if it's ultracommon I'd prefer a male so as to not interfere in the breeding

Pein

Banned
Mael said:
deal
so you want your HG pokemon to go to your platinium copy if i get this right
so I need a pkmn that you'll trade you HG pkmn then I give it back to you as is on your platinium copy (where I assume i'll get the reward or something)
Since whatever pokemon will help me breed anyway I'll just ask to avoid the unown (only unbreedable I have :p)
just bring 6 pokemon you don't wan't, I'll need a few minutes for that larvitar

platinum FC 0818 6438 1146

HG FC 2150 0731 1101

Mael

Pein said:
just bring 6 pokemon you don't wan't, I'll need a few minutes for that larvitar

platinum FC 0818 6438 1146

HG FC 2150 0731 1101

Okay I'm trying to catch a stunky and I'm in
edit : caught it
I'm connected until you're ready

Pein

Banned
Mael said:
Okay thanks a lot,
that'll help a lot ^_^
hope the stunky will help (bulba says you can't catch it on Plat + HG)
thanks for the stunky, I wanted one since poison pokemon are my favorite type. Thanks for the help.

Mael

Pein said:
thanks for the stunky, I wanted one since poison pokemon are my favorite type. Thanks for the help.

Your welcome :)
thanks for the clefairy and the stryke, I didn't have these 2 too ^_^
couldn't catch the clefairy and I'm not good with the happiness stat :lol
I think there's another 20hrs that'll be sunk before I'm finished with them
Seriously thanks a bunch

Yazan

I have an adamant Electrive in Platinum that I am planning to move and breed so I can get all elemental punches (or at least Ice Punch). Is a Ditto with Everstone the only thing I need to pass the nature?

Any tips on what my Electrive should know? I'll probably give away Elekids if anyone wants them.

OMG Aero

Yazan said:
I have an adamant Electrive in Platinum that I am planning to move and breed so I can get all elemental punches (or at least Ice Punch). Is a Ditto with Everstone the only thing I need to pass the nature?

Any tips on what my Electrive should know? I'll probably give away Elekids if anyone wants them.
The everstone passes the nature of the female Pokemon (Or Ditto) holding it. So the everstone will only help if your Ditto is adamant.

Yazan

OMG Aero said:
The everstone passes the nature of the female Pokemon (Or Ditto) holding it. So the everstone will only help if your Ditto is adamant.

Oh..okay:(

I'll try to catch an adamant ditto then.

So guys. I'm trying to finish my first EV trained team that I started in Platinum. It's mainly for Battle Frontier and casual battles with friends, I don't plan on entering any serious competitions or anything.

This is what I have

Infernape Physical Sweeper:
Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spd
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz
-Swords Dance
-Stone Edge

Gengar Special Sweeper
Hasty
252Sp. Atk/ 252 Spd
-Hypnosis
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt

Togekiss Special Wall
Calm
252 Sp. Def/ 252 HP
-Air Slash
-Roost
-Aura Sphere
-Thunder Wave

Gliscor Physical Wall
Impish
252 Def/ 252 HP
-Earthquake
-Roost
-Knock Off
-Ice Fang

I know it's a pretty basic team, but like I said. I'm not trying to be super competitive.
I wasn't sure what I should fill the other two spots with. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Added natures

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I need 64 fucking BP to teach my gengar Pain Split? D:

Edit: Wait, couldn't I just breed a gengar with a misdreavus that knows pain split and save the BP for something else? :D

Delio

I guess i should finish my tournament team but gawd i think i will be out of town when tournament time comes. Bummers :/ Anywho if im not..did we ever make clear if it will be a UU or OU tournament?

Top Bottom