• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

cdyhybrid said:
Am I doing this right?

Mother + Power Weight and father + Power Anklet leads to egg with mother's HP IV and father's Speed IV?
Omg I'm doing the same thing as you do right now :lol Though only with the Power Weight...

I read that they pass on 50% of the time... So if I want to check if the IV did pass to the newly hatched Pokemon there's a guy at the Battle Frontier who will tell you about it, right? Where is he exactly?

cdyhybrid

Metroid Killer said:
Omg I'm doing the same thing as you do right now :lol Though only with the Power Weight...

I read that they pass on 50% of the time... So if I want to check if the IV did pass to the newly hatched Pokemon there's a guy at the Battle Frontier who will tell you about it, right? Where is he exactly?

50% of the time?! Ugh! Aerodactyls take long enough to hatch already -.- There's two ways to check, and really it's better to use both. The IV checker guy is in the lobby of the Battle Tower, near the PC. Guide to what he says is here. Additionally, there is the little description in the Pokemon's summary of its behavior. For example, "often dozes off" means its highest IV is HP and that IV ends in a 1 or 6. Complete listing is here. Scroll down to section 2.5, titled "5. Pokémon Characteristics (DP only)".

cdyhybrid said:
50% of the time?! Ugh! Aerodactyls take long enough to hatch already -.- There's two ways to check, and really it's better to use both. The IV checker guy is in the lobby of the Battle Tower, near the PC. Guide to what he says is here. Additionally, there is the little description in the Pokemon's summary of its behavior. For example, "often dozes off" means its highest IV is HP and that IV ends in a 1 or 6. Complete listing is here. Scroll down to section 2.5, titled "5. Pokémon Characteristics (DP only)".
Thanks a lot, really helpful and quite easy when I'm only concerned about one IV being 31.

50% chance is a bitch when you: Want a female, a certain ability, a certain nature and passing on an IV -_-

cdyhybrid

Metroid Killer said:
Thanks a lot, really helpful and quite easy when I'm only concerned about one IV being 31.

50% chance is a bitch when you: Want a female, a certain ability and passing on an IV -_-

Tell me about it, Aerodactyls are only 12.5% female, and I'm trying to get a female with IVs passed down from both parents =\ I'll probably just give up if I get one that's "good enough," one with the speed IV passed down and a decent (20+) attack IV.

TUSR

Banned
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Has anyone else noticed that when you save, the main character gets down on one knee? I thought it was a nice touch.
Is this one of those videogame facts that blow your mind... I never knew that

Rocksteady33 said:
Ughhh, I feel like Australian time zone is screwing my chances here of getting any HeartGold exclusives. Does anyone have

- Spinarak
- Growlithe
- Mankey
- Cyndaquil
- Totodile

I'm sure I won't get the last two from anyone, but thought I'd mention it. Thanks guys.
If you're still there, I have a Mankey if you want one.

Metroid Killer said:
If they just told you beforehand so that all us people with alzheimer wouldn't waste both time and money on this shit!

Asking once more since it's a new page. Anybody who has a Spiritomb to trade?

I have a Spirtomb to trade FC is 0216-6673-7623.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Reposting the PM I just sent out to tournament participants here in case anyone misses it. Drkirby apparently isn't accepting PMs, so I couldn't send it to him.

I'm sending this message to everyone who signed up for the Pokemon tournament in this thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390158

Please respond with a message confirming that you're still available for the tournament at least for some time this weekend. If you plan to drop out, let me know as well.

Check the list below and make sure that the details listed are correct. I want both the version of the game you'll be using and your friend code. It's fine if you change games or FCs mid-tournament, but I'd appreciate a PM with the new info if that happens.

Sixfortyfive (Platinum) 2750-6983-3519
Metroid Killer (HeartGold) 5156-4291-4002
Wiseblade (Platinum) 4855-6559-9196
Jokey665 (HeartGold) 2192-9982-4094
Hatchet Man (Platinum) 0216-6673-7623
Delio (Platinum) 1462-2294-8513
OMG Aero (Platinum) 2106-5645-8567
Teknoman (SoulSilver) 3782-1268-4485
Katbot (Platinum) 2320-8780-8316
JSnake (HeartGold) 0002-5510-9942
Merovin (HeartGold) 3438-5430-6578
Echoes (SoulSilver) 4984-7134-0994
Little Green Yoda (SoulSilver) 0217-3425-8379
Anonymous Tipster (Platinum) 2664-9247-3527
Kyzer (version needed) 0646-7987-5909
Balb (version needed) FC needed
Drkirby (version needed) FC needed
DarthButcher (version needed) FC needed
FootNinja (version needed) FC needed
Firestorm (version needed) FC needed

Also respond with your time zone and the time of day you'd most likely be available to play this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Be as specific as possible, as I'll try to arrange the bracket around everyone's schedules. I intend to post it early Friday morning.

The first post of the tournament thread has been updated with a hacking policy and an expanded prize list, so give those a read if you like.

cdyhybrid

Got pretty good candidates for my Aerodactyl and Houndour, now I just have to breed up a competent Magnemite, male Ralts, Lapras, and Dratini :|

cdyhybrid said:
Got pretty good candidates for my Aerodactyl and Houndour, now I just have to breed up a competent Magnemite, male Ralts, Lapras, and Dratini :|
Are you also preparring a team for the Gaf tournament, last minute style? :lol

Anyone got an American Adamant Ditto I can borrow just for a day?

Choopy

Neo Member
Metroid Killer said:

I'd give you mine, but I'm at work :(

Metroid Killer said:

Amazingly, I do. If you still need to borrow it by this evening (I'm CST) I'll be available.

cdyhybrid

Metroid Killer said:

Nope, just making another team to play with. If there's another tournament after this one, I'll probably enter, but I'll probably need a few weeks to get my team all together. I don't have the patience to grind out all that breeding in a few long sessions :lol

I've bred over ten new pokemon today and I now have two backup teams.

The ten or so pokemon that I bred are brand new, but haven't been EV trained and I've only got a little over a day left to EV train all the fuckers.

I just fucking found out that one of them needs to have a key move passed on to them through breeding and not leveling up so I just wasted thousands of daycare steps to evolve two of them.

On top of that...Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was just announced.

MY HEART IS GOING TO GIVE OUT.

JosM88 said:
MY HEART IS GOING TO GIVE OUT.
Heh same for me, it almost feels as if you are doing some homework that 654 asked you to do... it's just pokemon...

I need to breed two more pokemon for my competetive team. Then I need to EV train 4 of them, and then I need to get all of them leveled up.

Metroid Killer said:
Heh same for me, it almost feels as if you are doing some homework that 654 asked you to do... it's just pokemon...

I need to breed two more pokemon for my competetive team. Then I need to EV train 4 of them, and then I need to get all of them leveled up.
Yeah, I'm a little stressed, but it's mostly just me being dramatic. The one thing that gets to me the most is that I can't talk about the pokes I'm breeding or what strategies I plan on using.

:(

Nayishiki

Metroid Killer said:

I can give you one if you still need it.

Echoes

If anyone wants specific items/TMs for the tournament, please let me know. I have a lot of stuff as I'm replaying every Pokemon game I have for items.

cory

Banned
DragonGirl said:
I'm hoping this one will be compatible with future Pokemon games.
I just got it, so I haven't paid a lot of attention to how it works, but if it uses flash memory to transfer the sprites, then it could work. It also looks like it transfers the wild Pokémon for each walk.

JSnake

Echoes said:
If anyone wants specific items/TMs for the tournament, please let me know. I have a lot of stuff as I'm replaying every Pokemon game I have for items.

Do you happen to have any Life Orbs? I need about four of them.

Echoes

Okay I'm ready. Add me in my Platinum game instead. 1720 5867 6435

I need your FC guys. Each of you come with 3 trash Pokes.

Top Bottom