• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

cory

Banned
I'm playing this very slow, catching everything there is on a route and then evolving them as far as my badge will allow. I'ma fill that Johtodex up! But I leave the trainer battles to my starter.

Adamm

So Finally bought Gold Heart yesterday!

Im kinda scared, last time i bought a pokemon game (Red) i played it near every day for about 8 months :lol

Damn you GAF...

I was confused by that Aerodactyl that you sent out. I thought it was a really ugly Crobat at first.:lol

I did like it's color swap though. Much more fun than the dull grey.

Edit:
What did you think of my team's performance? That was the first competitive battle I've actually won so I'd appreciate some feedback.

Kurtofan

Adamm said:
So Finally bought Gold Heart yesterday!

Im kinda scared, last time i bought a pokemon game (Red) i played it near every day for about 8 months :lol

Damn you GAF...
I'm afraid you'll get sucked into it again :D
Welcome back to the world of Pokemon.

JSnake

JosM88 said:
I was confused by that Aerodactyl that you sent out. I thought it was a really ugly Crobat at first.:lol

I did like it's color swap though. Much more fun than the dull grey.

Edit:
What did you think of my team's performance? That was the first competitive battle I've actually won so I'd appreciate some feedback.

I think your team is pretty good. You outspeeded me on a few things I didn't expect to be outspeeded on. I can't comment on Starmie because I didn't see much of her :)lol) but the rest of your team is solid. Low Kick on 'Vire seemed kinda weird though. I know it's better for heavyweights but Cross Chop seems like it would be the more reliable choice.

Wow. Mewtwo is much easier this time. :lol Took all of five dusk balls.

Zapdos, on the other hand...paralysis + 40 and a second try. Ugh. And I managed to hardlock my DSiXL fighting Suicune; one time it came out of sleep mode and the power button stopped working. Had to run the battery dry to get it to reboot and work properly again...

16/16 badges, 212 pokemon, need to go to the Safari zone to stock up on low level pokemon so I can transfer en masse from Platinum...

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
My FC is 2750-6983-3519.

I'll take Hatchet first if you're still around, but you'd be facing the same team you always face.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Gravijah said:
What are some good places to grind money in Platinum using the Vs. Seeker?
There's an old couple south of Hearthome and west of Backlot's mansion that have 1 Pokemon each and a ridiculously large cash reward for beating them.

Gravijah

Sixfortyfive said:
There's an old couple south of Hearthome and west of Backlot's mansion that have 1 Pokemon each and a ridiculously large cash reward for beating them.

Awesome, after some storyline related stuff I'll be going that way. Thanks.

Is it true after the jhoto region you can go back to the red/blue area and play those gyms? Someone told me this, and it's the first pokemon I have played since blue

Jokey665

HenryGale said:
Is it true after the jhoto region you can go back to the red/blue area and play those gyms? Someone told me this, and it's the first pokemon I have played since blue
Yep, you can go to Kanto once you beat the Elite 4.

Maximus.

finally caught all of the legendary dogs. What sucks is that I just realized I never picked up a fossil from the ruins of alph and when I went to the museum in Pewter City, I was like fuck :lol

Gravijah

Fraull said:
finally caught all of the legendary dogs. What sucks is that I just realized I never picked up a fossil from the ruins of alph and when I went to the museum in Pewter City, I was like fuck :lol

You get them from smashing rocks, I don't think you can get them any other way.

Maximus.

Gravijah said:
You get them from smashing rocks, I don't think you can get them any other way.

yea I read up on how to get them afterwards. I am just going to go back after I'm done beating all of the Kanto gym leaders.

Bii

Just came back from work and realize I left my Nintendo DS at my cubicle. :(

Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to breed my ultimate catching Pokemon.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
I can breed ya one, if you want.
It's OK. I'm only a few hours away from Mt Moon in the game quest anyway and wild Clefairies have the move I want. Alternatively, I could level up a Togetic, but making Togepi happy is a chore.

It's just that there are like six eggs that are basically wasted because I didn't think to check which moves it learned via level up and which via breeding :\

viciouskillersquirrel said:
It's OK. I'm only a few hours away from Mt Moon in the game quest anyway and wild Clefairies have the move I want. Alternatively, I could level up a Togetic, but making Togepi happy is a chore.

It's just that there are like six eggs that are basically wasted because I didn't think to check which moves it learned via level up and which via breeding :\
Allright. Just thought I'd ask. Also remember, Clefairy only come out at night.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Allright. Just thought I'd ask. Also remember, Clefairy only come out at night.
Not a problem for me (I only ever play early in the morning and early evening / night). I didn't see a wild Sentret until I beat the Elite 4 last weekend.

TUSR

Banned
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Not a problem for me (I only ever play early in the morning and early evening / night). I didn't see a wild Sentret until I beat the Elite 4 last weekend.
i have a clefary, female ofc mild natured cute charm

Top Bottom