• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

El Sloth

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
Well this is weird.

Might want to check your router settings after this match.

Hmm? What's wrong?

Also battling against you makes me reconsider entering the tournament. :lol Thanks for the match man.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
El Sloth said:
Hmm? What's wrong?

Also battling against you makes me reconsider entering the tournament. :lol Thanks for the match man.
Heh. No problem. I'll be using a much more gimmicky team for the tourney. I'm not in it to win it, really.

It took a long time for that match to start, so I figured something was up with one of our connections. It was fine once we were in though.

El Sloth

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
Heh. No problem. I'll be using a much more gimmicky team for the tourney. I'm not in it to win it, really.

It took a long time for that match to start, so I figured something was up with one of our connections. It was fine once we were in though.

Ah well that always seem to happen with me, I'd hazard a guess it has something to do with living in a apartment building and Wi-Fi interference.

Nishastra

Banned
I figured I might as well post these here... someone will probably enjoy them :p
I've very recently "chronicled" some of my HeartGold exploits in crappy MS Paint images.

I didn't start until after I'd gotten all 16 badges, but maybe I'll go back and do some previous stuff eventually.

Mewtwo. Mewtwo was a pain in the ass. I got him down to the tinest possible sliver of health and threw literally hundreds of balls at him, but nothing stuck. I actually ran out of balls except for the Master, which I sure as hell wasn't going to throw after wasting so many others, so I reset.

Three more similar encounters went by, and then on the fifth attempt he just fell right into the first ball I threw and stayed there.
Huzzah!

Following this great success, I headed to Mt. Silver. There, amidst absurd amounts of Rock Climbing and Donphans, I eventually came upon Moltres... who I promptly paralyzed and then stuffed in a sack.
Like so.

Feeling good, I decided to continue my exploration of Mt. Silver. I found many items and lots of rocks. Eventually, I came upon what appeared to be the top of the mountain!
Ahead of me was none other than Red...

Here is a summary of what happened next: 1 2 3 4 5

I still haven't quite recovered...

Hey is anyone else getting creepy stalker calls from this mouthbreather (forget his name) who goes on about how he saw you on the boat and how good you looked with the sea as my backdrop?

Whenever I get a call from this guy, I imagine him having a little shrine dedicated to me in his closet and that one day, he'll ambush me on Route 33, kill me and make himself a suit made from my skin or something.

Sixfortyfive

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Hey is anyone else getting creepy stalker calls from this mouthbreather (forget his name) who goes on about how he saw you on the boat and how good you looked with the sea as my backdrop?

Whenever I get a call from this guy, I imagine him having a little shrine dedicated to me in his closet and that one day, he'll ambush me on Route 33, kill me and make himself a suit made from my skin or something.
There was one equally creepy guy who called me just to inform me of places where I could find Whitney hanging out.

El Sloth

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
There was one equally creepy guy who called me just to inform me of places where I could find Whitney hanging out.

Oh god, that guy! That shit legitimately weirded me out the first time I got a call from him. Just seems so out of place next to Joey going on about his OG Rattata.

TUSR

Banned
Squire-Felix and Jet Grind Radio!, my FC is: 5027 6895 5684

I'll be able to get online in about... eight hours or so.

I have starters. Lots and lots and lots of starters.

Sounds good. PM me on here and ill jump online if I can.

Jerrek

Neo Member
I've been lurking in this thread for awhile, and just wanted to say between the release of HG and SS I have been pushed back into full on Poke-mania. Not only did I pick up a DSi XL and Superior Soul Silver for myself and Heart Gold for the fiance, but I just got a Gamecube and Gameboy player off of eBay so I can replay my copies of Fire Red and Emerald. :)

Once grad school is over and I find a job I hope to start trading with you lot. I really want to try and catch em all this time!

Nert

After a few tries, I finally beat Red with my pretty under leveled team (averaged around 62 or so). Not that beating the AI is too difficult or anything, but it felt like an accomplishment when I barely made it out of there alive. Tangrowth + Leftovers + Ingrain + Leech Seed + Sleep Powder really ended up saving me.

Rocksteady33

Fucking hell. I've been training all of my Pokemon on the route south of Goldenrod because the Drowzee's give a decent amount of EXP points. But wow, he has the most annoying moveset ever. Pound, Confusion (which seems to always confuse my team), Disable and Hypnosis. So frustrating.

If anyone wants a Chikorita I could probably breed mine with a Ditto. Can you trade eggs? I'd be up for swapping a Chikorita for a Totodile or Cyndaquil?

Rocksteady33 said:
Fucking hell. I've been training all of my Pokemon on the route south of Goldenrod because the Drowzee's give a decent amount of EXP points. But wow, he has the most annoying moveset ever. Pound, Confusion (which seems to always confuse my team), Disable and Hypnosis. So frustrating.

If anyone wants a Chikorita I could probably breed mine with a Ditto. Can you trade eggs? I'd be up for swapping a Chikorita for a Totodile or Cyndaquil?
You're aussie, right? I could give you a Totodile or a Cyndaquil when I jump on tonight (probably around 7:30pm Brisbane time).

If you're running HG, I'll swap for an HG exclusive (hell, I can give you a Vulpix too if you like), but if not, I'll take whatever.

FC is: 5027 6895 5684

So... I just got back from my residence hall's laundry room and found my Pokéwalker amidst my newly dried Jeans. After going through the wash and drying cycle on highest heat it still works perfectly (I was worried of turning it on at first because it was like touching a hot piece of coal). Thank you Nintendo for looking out for morons like myself and building a tank! :D :lol

Rocksteady33

You're aussie, right? I could give you a Totodile or a Cyndaquil when I jump on tonight (probably around 7:30pm Brisbane time).

If you're running HG, I'll swap for an HG exclusive (hell, I can give you a Vulpix too if you like), but if not, I'll take whatever.

FC is: 5027 6895 5684

Yeah man, I'm in Sydney. I'll be on later tonight. I'm playing SoulSilver so I'm not sure what I could hook you up with... and I'm only up to Goldenrod so what I can catch is rather limited. Do you want a Chikorita? And do you know if you can trade eggs?

Either way my code is 0775 7035 2843. I'll try and keep an eye on this thread through the day/night. Just let me know what you might want and I'll work on it.

Thanks man!

Squire-Felix and Jet Grind Radio!, my FC is: 5027 6895 5684

I'll be able to get online in about... eight hours or so.

I have starters. Lots and lots and lots of starters.
Cool. My FC is 0002 5730 8163.

What, uh, were we gonna trade again? :lol

Rocksteady33 - if you've got a spare Growlithe by any chance, I'll take that in a heartbeat. Also, do you want a Chansey? I've got a spare.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Cool. My FC is 0002 5730 8163.

What, uh, were we gonna trade again? :lol
:lol

I wanted to trade for your spare Pineco. Anything in particular you're looking for?

JSnake said:
I think your team is pretty good. You outspeeded me on a few things I didn't expect to be outspeeded on. I can't comment on Starmie because I didn't see much of her :)lol) but the rest of your team is solid. Low Kick on 'Vire seemed kinda weird though. I know it's better for heavyweights but Cross Chop seems like it would be the more reliable choice.
Yeah, I've had those specific pokes for a while now and I just decided to use them more effectively with specific items. It actually made the difference between my pokemon sucking and winning. The low kick thing is just for heavy weight pokes that annoy me. I'm also pretty sure that cross chop has a pretty high miss rate and has to be bred on to elevtire whereas low kick is available from the start and has no miss opportunities.

Your team wasn't bad at all either. Aero could have done some damage had it been first and that gengar has a good move at the end when paired with it's speed. You might want to invest in some of the choice items and a quick claw to get one up on some people with your power hitters though.

GG

off to work now :(

cory

Banned
On facebook today:
1zgrsd2.png

cdyhybrid

Go Garchomp!
Opponent sent out Flygon!

Flygon used Fissure! It's a one-hit KO!
Garchomp fainted!

Go Starmie!
Starmie fainted!

Go Heracross!
Heracross fainted!

I looooooooooooooooove the Battle Tower.

El Sloth

Banned
cory said:
On facebook today:
http://i44.tinypic.com/1zgrsd2.png[/IM[/QUOTE]

The Ralph conversation is amazing.

This part in particular: "That kid's just thinking how much of a failure his dad is." :lol

cory

Banned
Is there a list of all obtainable Pokémon on one version, without trading/events, that branches off for Pokémon that you have to choose between?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Sixfortyfive

Rayquaza starts with Outrage, which means self-confusion.... Dammit. Wouldn't have been a problem if he hadn't gotten a critical on Breloom and kept me from using Spore in time.

Rocksteady33

Rocksteady33 - if you've got a spare Growlithe by any chance, I'll take that in a heartbeat. Also, do you want a Chansey? I've got a spare.

:lol

I wanted to trade for your spare Pineco. Anything in particular you're looking for?
Yeah I got a Growlithe, I could get an egg quick but do I need to hatch it first?

Rocksteady33

Nah, that's cool. I'm pretty certain you can trade eggs (you just have to make sure you keep track of which egg is which).
Alright awesome I'll get you a Growlithe. Thanks man. As for chansey can he not be caught in silver?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
cory said:
Is it just me, or are the sprites on the Pokéwalker more appealing than the ones in the game?

Pokewalker uses the sprites from Platinum, oddly enough.

TUSR

Banned
Sure she can, but you'd have to wait until much later on otherwise. Don't know if you want one though.
So hows the time difference from the west coast... still sitting on your clefary.

Squire Felix said:
So hows the time difference from the west coast... still sitting on your clefary.
West coast of which continent? It's 3:33pm on Thursday here.

I plan to be on at 7:30pm-ish, so 4 hours from now. I've got starters to swap for your Clefairy and Eevee, but do you have any specific requests?

cvxfreak said:
I add no one except important people to my phone list. :D

Lyra/Ethan's kinda annoying though. We can never battle them?
Speaking of Lyra... she called me up one time to tell me that I should take a Poliwag over to Route 40 (I think) and see what would happen.

Nothing happened! I was expecting it to evolve in a new and interesting way or for some event to occur.

The Poliwag did get all excited and happy though.

Maximus.

i just stopped drinking my drink and stared at my moniter. What the fuck :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
vhfive said:
that cubone one is awesome.
cubone was/is/will always be my favorite pokemon

EDIT do you have a bigger version of that picture? If so can you PM it to me (or link to it in the thread)?

Nope that's the biggest I can find, but as a bonus here's two more:

71d9b37c92644eefeae0dba67a228c1066e.jpg

5dfbcdea4eed62e5989672d3dd20989cdcb.jpg

Top Bottom