• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

El Sloth

Banned
Sixfortyfive said:
Getting online. Bring your tourney team. :3

EDIT: This is weird. Do you normally have this problem? You try hosting the match this time.

EDIT 2: =/

EDIT 3: This doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Do you have problems connecting with anyone else? I'm going to trade some stuff with JosM88 and then maybe try again.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Sorry about that man. The only explanation I can come up with is that other people in the building are using Wi-Fi devices and those signals are interfering with mine. I made sure to turn off all my Wi-Fi stuff after the first connection.

Sorry for wasting your time man.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
S'alright.

I know how it is. Every now and then when I'm at a friend's apartment, TvC basically becomes unplayable for us because neighbors keep interfering with our Classic Controllers somehow. =/

mandiller

My girlfriend was just playing HeartGold, and while she was in the safari zone she remarked 'hey this bellsprout looks different'. Low and behold, the first shiny she's ever seen and the second I've seen since the original Pokemon Silver.

Unfortunately she when she threw a pokeball it broke free and fled. The safari zone is so cruel. It's the absolute worst place to come across a shiny.

I did snap a picture though:

ev2idf.jpg

SaintZ

Dammit, Clair and Lance destroyed me. My rival's Pokémon are useless againt's Lance's (Clair is way weaker). I guess I'll have to grind a little bit ¬_¬.

Heh me and El Sloth already exchanged :('s in an OT thread about our addictions.

It's not that I wouldn't have wasted time if I hadn't got HG, I just wouldn't have written pages full of notes, having a pokewalker on my body 90% time of the day, and all kinds of excessive stuff.

:(

El Sloth

Banned
Metroid Killer said:
Heh me and El Sloth already exchanged :('s in an OT thread about our addictions.

It's not that I wouldn't have wasted time if I hadn't got HG, I just wouldn't have written pages full of notes, having a pokewalker on my body 90% time of the day, and all kinds of excessive stuff.

My college's pretty big campus and annoying habit of having classes on opposite sides of said huge campus have done wonders for my pokewalker. :lol

Echoes

I think having a job is awesome (well duh lol). Having a job with nothing to do, now that's something :lol or else I would still be tackling the gyms.

Sixfortyfive, I'm home if you wanna battle.

cory

Banned
Rocksteady33 said:
Any Gold players want to hook me up with a Spinarak? I can trade Silver exclusives if need be. :)
I wish I could, because I really want the Silver exclusives, but WFC doesn't work with my school's network.

Sixfortyfive

Echoes said:
I think having a job is awesome (well duh lol). Having a job with nothing to do, now that's something :lol or else I would still be tackling the gyms.

Sixfortyfive, I'm home if you wanna battle.
Sure why not.

EDIT: You have excellent choice of Pokemon. :lol

EDIT 2: I am not above PP stall.

cory

Banned
I'm at the story part of the game. Probably elicits the most déjà vu so far.
Edit: Two of my favorites kicking Team Rocket ass together:
351tgzs.jpg

Echoes

Wow, that was an epic match. I love your... well, that Pokemon that stalled the match :)lol ) a lot. So far this is the most clever team I battled because clearly it is built with so much consideration and not just some mishmash monsters thrown together, like me.

To be honest though, this match made me hate what I already hate a lot (critical hits, the hit-miss ratio, and so on). Although, again, I love how you designed every freaking thing to work flawlessly together (the ability, the substitute being not broken with a SToss). You're genius <3

Probably my favorite moment is when I thought that, "that move" has no PP lefts but then I was like "oh no this is 645 he maxes out everything!! :lol "

I'm calling it sweet luck, just like with my battle against my tutor/friend. I'm sure if we battled again I'll be wiped out easily.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Metroid Killer said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/MKiller/shinyluck.jpg

:lol :lol :lol Well, count yourself lucky to even run into one. I have to hack all mine if I want a shiny that isn't the Red Gyarados. :lol

Sixfortyfive

I was outplayed at the end. I expected to be OHKOd so I went with a weaker priority move. Cost me the match.

When you sent out your lead my first thought was "WHAT HAVE I DONE."

TheSeks

Sixfortyfive said:
I was outplayed at the end. I expected to be OHKOd so I went with a weaker priority move. Cost me the match.

Is there a recorded match of this? (Does the VS recorder allow recording wifi online play?)

Sixfortyfive

TheSeks said:
Is there a recorded match of this? (Does the VS recorder allow recording wifi online play?)
I'll post it when the tournament is over. The team I used has 5 of my tournament Pokemon on it.

TheSeks

Sixfortyfive said:
I'll post it when the tournament is over. The team I used has 5 of my tournament Pokemon on it.

I await patiently.

Echoes

Sixfortyfive said:

That's what made me lose so easily against Wiseblade. There were moments where, if I predicted correctly, I would have taken an advantage (like an electric move on a switched Ground-type poke). But I always think that my opponent will know what I'm thinking and hit with something less risky, so I end up not changing and he end up killing :lol Mind games are scary in Pokemon matches.

El Sloth

Banned
Echoes said:
Wow, that was an epic match. I love your... well, that Pokemon that stalled the match :)lol ) a lot. So far this is the most clever team I battled because clearly it is built with so much consideration and not just some mishmash monsters thrown together, like me.

To be honest though, this match made me hate what I already hate a lot (critical hits, the hit-miss ratio, and so on). Although, again, I love how you designed every freaking thing to work flawlessly together (the ability, the substitute being not broken with a SToss). You're genius <3

Probably my favorite moment is when I thought that, "that move" has no PP lefts but then I was like "oh no this is 645 he maxes out everything!! :lol "

I'm calling it sweet luck, just like with my battle against my tutor/friend. I'm sure if we battled again I'll be wiped out easily.

Sounds epic, please tell me one of guys saved it. Please put a video of it up once the tournament is over.

Echoes

El Sloth said:
Sounds epic, please tell me one of guys saved it. Please put a video of it up once the tournament is over.
It seems both of us saved it. Will upload it as soon as the tournament finishes and 645 gives me the green-light to do so.

Echoes

I started climbing couple of days ago with a friend. It's like a tall rock (that is not real) with handles and stuff. Because I have little to no stamina I can't get to the top of level 1, where my friend finished them all except for 4, which is sorta scary. I think I'm gonna let my friend hang Palmer's fucking picture on top of level 1 as I'm sure that will drain all the pain away from my fingers and let me go there and RIP HIS FUCKING FACE AS I'M FLYING DOWN

MY GOD if there's a real Palmer I would eat him for dinner. Alone. WITH BONES :mad:

I love how the Battle Tower is designed just to fuck you up. You started with Ninjask to activate the speed->bpass technique? HAHA we're gonna throw you a Pokemon with a priority move EVERY TIME :-D oooh you're holding Focus Sash? FAKE OUT LOLOL ;-D

&#1576;_&#1576;

cory

Banned
I love indoor rock climbing! It was my favorite class in high school. Took me all semester to like it though, then when we went on a field trip to a rock gym (Brock was not there...), I had a blast and kept challenging myself.

TheSeks said:
:lol :lol :lol Well, count yourself lucky to even run into one. I have to hack all mine if I want a shiny that isn't the Red Gyarados. :lol

I haven't seen a Shiny since Lugia back in the original Silver. (Besides Red Gyarados and ones I've received from friends) :d

Wiseblade

Echoes said:
That's what made me lose so easily against Wiseblade. There were moments where, if I predicted correctly, I would have taken an advantage (like an electric move on a switched Ground-type poke). But I always think that my opponent will know what I'm thinking and hit with something less risky, so I end up not changing and he end up killing :lol Mind games are scary in Pokemon matches.
Yeah, watching the replay of our match, I can see the situation you're taking about. I just really wanted that pokemon of yours dead. I'd love to go into more detail about it, but I don't want to reveal anything about my team.

Poyunch

devilru said:
Wild Raikou appeared!

Butterfree used Sleep Powder.

Wild Raikou fell asleep.

Wild Raikou fled!

XD Didn't know that was possible. I guess it's because I used Mean Look most of the time for catching the beasts in 2nd gen.

cory

Banned
"Are you expecting anything? This is what they call Fake Out"
:lol :lol

Edit: Oh god the GTS building music is orgasmic.

Finalow

what the HELL. Raikou is a son of bitch. I've used a lot of ultra ball (obviously with gengar so he cannot escape) and then he used roar and escaped :/

Top Bottom