• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Axis

soooo anyone have the calm mind TM? i haven't started fucking with the battle frontier yet so i don't have any BP to buy it and my competitive team won't be shit without it haha

Nayishiki

Axis said:
soooo anyone have the calm mind TM? i haven't started fucking with the battle frontier yet so i don't have any BP to buy it and my competitive team won't be shit without it haha

I can give you one.

xSL4INx

My problem comes when I'm in the Single Pokemon battle tower and I'm on round like 75-80 and I get the one pokemon that is able to take me out on a critical hit or some luck of the draw, very aggravating.

I might be around for battles tonight if anyone is up.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SolarPowered said:
I'm up for it if you are still there.
Give me about 5 minutes and I can be online. I think I still have your FC.

EDIT: I'm in.

EDIT 2: nm. Going to get my tournament match out of the way instead.

Beat Red with a team of 4:
Ampharos lvl 63
Typhlosion lvl 60
Scizor lvl 63
Charizard lvl 61

other two were sub-lvl-20 HM slaves. :)

aside from the roamers/legendaries, what else is left to do?

I havnt played a pokemon game since red and blue, and wanna pick one up for the DS but should I go with gold/silver or diamond/peral. I have no intentions on using the online functions. Which is the better game, and more enjoyable?

Sixfortyfive said:
Give me about 5 minutes and I can be online. I think I still have your FC.

EDIT: I'm in.

EDIT 2: nm. Going to get my tournament match out of the way instead.
Dammit my bad. I was measuring my brother's height and I got distracted right around the time you posted. I didn't even know that you had accepted a battle.

sorry
Edit:
It was for his passport. Just measuring my brother's height sounds strange.:p

cory

Banned
Outtrigger888 said:
I havnt played a pokemon game since red and blue, and wanna pick one up for the DS but should I go with gold/silver or diamond/peral. I have no intentions on using the online functions. Which is the better game, and more enjoyable?
Gold/Silver will be more familiar and has twice as many gyms to go to.

I've ran into Entei 3 times, but I still can't find a Snubbull.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
biggyfries said:
Beat Red with a team of 4:
Ampharos lvl 63
Typhlosion lvl 60
Scizor lvl 63
Charizard lvl 61

other two were sub-lvl-20 HM slaves. :)

aside from the roamers/legendaries, what else is left to do?

Battle Tower, Safari Zone, Pokeathalon, Game Corner, bug catching contests, gym leader rematches, Hoenn/Kanto sound, berries, Apricorn balls, lottery, Buena's Password, Ruins of Alph and the Pokewalker.

Edit- And the star achievements, Shiny Leaf quest, accessories, and photos.

Outtrigger888 said:
HG/SS, as that will get you more pokemon than d/p/pl--more legendaries, earlier generations, and the newest pokes are in the new games, so you should be good to go.

Axis

Mush said:
I'm having one of those moments...

How do I breed a Houndour with Nasty Plot?

level up your houndoom to 60 and have it learn nasty plot(given it's a male)

or let me send one to you lol

Firestorm

Metroid Killer said:
Fuck! Lost two battles before Palmer2!! Grrr!

Lucario used Sword Dance

Porygon-Z used Thunderbolt. Lucario became paralized!

Lucario can't move.

Porygon-Z used Tri Attack *Lucario faints*

*sends out Garchomp*

Garchomp used Outrage

Porygon-Z used Tri Attack. Garchomp became paralized.

Garchomp used Outrage *Porygon-Z faints*

*Opponment sends out Electrivire*

Electrivire used Earthquake

Garchomp is confused. *Garchomp kills itself*

Sends out suicidal Starmie...

-_-
Never set up in Battle Tower unless you have to and have some kind of berry that lets you take the hit =/ I actually lost around where you did although all I really did to get up to that point was use Choice Specs Latios' Dragon Pulse and use something else (Dragonite or Raichu usually) if he died >.>; I got enough BP for Icy Wind so I probably won't go back for a while. Still haven't started Kanto.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Outtrigger888 said:
If you want a familiar quest, get HG/SS. If you don't, get Platinum.

Firestorm

He hasn't played a single Pokemon since Red/Blue so HGSS is new for him too. Get HeartGold or SoulSilver. Especially for the end-game which you might love as someone who's only played the original.

Firestorm said:
He hasn't played a single Pokemon since Red/Blue so HGSS is new for him too. Get HeartGold or SoulSilver. Especially for the end-game which you might love as someone who's only played the original.
Oh, I skipped that by mistake. The fact that he won't be using the online function also favors HG/SS since
you get a Kanto journey

go with HG/SS dude.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
cory said:
Get ♥Au! Just kidding, you can get whichever one you want.
Seriously, get ♥Au

You're making HeartGold sound even lamer than it already is.

cory

Banned
Andrex said:
You're making HeartGold sound even lamer than it already is.
glitterfy0181830282D33.gif

So I started EV-training my first competitive pokemon (don't get too excited, it's just a supporter/annoyer and I don't know its IVs) and while doing so, I remember thinking - gee, this would all go by so much quicker if I had some tasty pokerus.

What are the odds of catching this thing in the wild, again? Also, can the gold star from pokerus be inherited?

viciouskillersquirrel said:
So I started EV-training my first competitive pokemon (don't get too excited, it's just a supporter/annoyer and I don't know its IVs) and while doing so, I remember thinking - gee, this would all go by so much quicker if I had some tasty pokerus.

What are the odds of catching this thing in the wild, again? Also, can the gold star from pokerus be inherited?
Just ask someone for a pokerus infected poke. I'll give ya one right now if you want. I'll even throw in a nice pokemon too.

xSL4INx

So what's the best way to a Pokemon's happiness up in SoulSilver? I've done the normal stuff I can do (haircut in the underground) and don't know what else to do other than fight with it and let it lead my party.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
xSL4INx said:
So what's the best way to a Pokemon's happiness up in SoulSilver? I've done the normal stuff I can do (haircut in the underground) and don't know what else to do other than fight with it and let it lead my party.

Daisy's massages.

Top Bottom