• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Does anyone have a spare Feebas they don't want?

I was fishing for one for about 45 minutes until I became frustrated with the entire process and decided to just ask for one.

My friendcode is : 4812 4057 5177

Aurora

Andrex said:
Pokesav? Cheating.
In the pure sense of the word, yes. But so long as one keeps within the legal parameters of statistics, I don't see much wrong with it apart from the purist argument.

pirata said:
Two show up: a personal one and the general one. To get on wi-fi with my laptop, all I have to do is enter a password thingy I got through the university, and it connects. I have no idea who would know what the key is, though. Can I connect in public places with wi-fi without any passwords, at least?
I can't tell you much about Wifi myself. I just know how to get my router working. Public Wi-fi connections should be open to everyone or anyone with a password if I understand the tech uses.
pirata said:
I fucking hate wi-fi. To this day I have not figured out how to connect my PS3 to the internet through wi-fi. Neither could the guy from Sony that I called. Why can't I just plug my DS into my laptop and not have to bother with any of this shit?
Because Nintendo is behind the times. I want to use the beefed up router settings.

:(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Nintendo's flub was making every WFC game include the WFC APIs inside the game itself, and not including it in the DS systems.

MNC said:
YAY! I CAN CONFIRM WIRELESS WORKS FOR BATTLE FRONTIER gleeeee, my girlfriend's gonna like this

Did I help any? :p

Aurora said:
In the pure sense of the word, yes. But so long as one keeps within the legal parameters of statistics, I don't see much wrong with it apart from the purist argument.

CHEATING! :mad:

Nayishiki

Forceatowulf said:
Does anyone have a spare Feebas they don't want?

I was fishing for one for about 45 minutes until I became frustrated with the entire process and decided to just ask for one.

My friendcode is : 4812 4057 5177

If you still need it I can give you one. My friend code is 3653 2713 6337.

Aurora said:
The reason this is cheating is mostly because of time. Getting Pokemon with good IVs/natures is incredibly time consuming (ok, natures don't take that long), and pokesav lets you get around all that. I honestly don't care what anyone does to play through the game, but I would frown on using perfect (but legal) hacked pokemon in any competition, however.

On a related note, supposedly Cynthia has perfect, all 31 IV pokemon on her team. Has anyone done the research into if lance is as much of a cheater?

Aurora

He most likely does. I know that some of the Elite 4 Pokemon have all 30 IVs so it wouldn't be surprising if Lance had all 31 IV

Firestorm

pirata said:
Two show up: a personal one and the general one. To get on wi-fi with my laptop, all I have to do is enter a password thingy I got through the university, and it connects. I have no idea who would know what the key is, though. Can I connect in public places with wi-fi without any passwords, at least?

I fucking hate wi-fi. To this day I have not figured out how to connect my PS3 to the internet through wi-fi. Neither could the guy from Sony that I called. Why can't I just plug my DS into my laptop and not have to bother with any of this shit?
DS is tough, but for your PS3, use an ethernet cable to plug your PS3 into your laptop. Then share the connection. Go to your internet settings, right click your wireless device, click "Share this Connection".

Platy

Small pokewalker question

I heard on the interwebs that a pokemon that evolved thanks to the pokewalker don't learn new tricks ... anyone can confirm this please ?

cory

Banned
Platy said:
Small pokewalker question

I heard on the interwebs that a pokemon that evolved thanks to the pokewalker don't learn new tricks ... anyone can confirm this please ?
They do not learn moves when they level up from the Pokéwalker.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh I just realized that Brave Bird and Whirlwind are breeding moves. :/

So now I need to breed a male Starly with a perfect Sp.Def. IV, level it up to 37 so it learns both moves, get one of my remaining female Skarmorys with the perfect HP IV to breed with it, and hatch tons of eggs looking for the exact nature I need. v.v

Competitive Pokemon... FML

Andrex said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh I just realized that Brave Bird and Whirlwind are breeding moves. :/

So now I need to breed a male Starly with a perfect Sp.Def. IV, level it up to 37 so it learns both moves, get one of my remaining female Skarmorys with the perfect HP IV to breed with it, and hatch tons of eggs looking for the exact nature I need. v.v

Battle Tower lets you learn a few of the breeding moves without actually requiring you to breed the moves onto them. Maybe all is not lost.

cory

Banned
For the Safari Zone, if you have more items than required, does that give you a better chance of getting that Pokémon?

Firestorm

Andrex said:

It would be a lot easier to just catch any Starly, breed it with a female Skarmory, then use some Dittos with Perfect IVs in the stat you want until you get what you need.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Battle Tower lets you learn a few of the breeding moves without actually requiring you to breed the moves onto them. Maybe all is not lost.

Oh yeah those guys...

Firestorm said:
It would be a lot easier to just catch any Starly, breed it with a female Skarmory, then use some Dittos with Perfect IVs in the stat you want until you get what you need.

Seems like the same amount of steps.

Edit- Also my way I guarantee two IVs, your way I can only get one.

Chozo

cory said:
Ed: WTF this trainer has a Lv29 Nidoking & Slowking, and a Lv65 Magikarp! That's just weird.

The joke is how the trainer talks about the "power of kings":

Yadoking/Slowking
Nidoking
Koiking (Magikarp's Japanese name)

Doesn't really translate 100% in English, but there you go.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, is the tournament over? Can I finally see that Battle SixFourtyFive was talking about? :eek:?

cdyhybrid

Can I put something up on the GTS with my Plat cart, switch over to my HG cart on the same DS and connection, and trade with myself? Tried it a few times but don't see my offer on there, maybe I need to use rarer Pokemon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Putting all my extra Skarmorys on the GTS to get all the HG exclusives is working great so far. :D <3 GTS, I don't know how anyone completed a Pokedex without it. :lol

Hey Andrex I have a Male Staraptor that knows Brave Bird and Whirlwind, so I can breed a Brave Bird Starly for you.

What do you need in terms of, gender and nature? I'm not doing IVs mind you.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Thanks!

The Starly has to be male, and if it knew Whirlwind too that'd be great but I can level it up if need be. Nature doesn't matter really since I won't be giving it an Everstone to pass it down.

cory

Banned
All these Hoenn\Sinnoh Pokémon feel really special now. I haven't figured out how many of them I need to catch/breed/evolve/trade/whatever, but I am sucked in to the Pokédex.
Kanto is going by very fast. 16 Badges in this game feels like 10 in Sinnoh.

Andrex said:
Thanks!

The Starly has to be male, and if it knew Whirlwind too that'd be great but I can level it up if need be. Nature doesn't matter really since I won't be giving it an Everstone to pass it down.
Ok, though I'm gonna give you two eggs then (since the everstone trick doesn't work with pokemon from different countries).

Fossil pokemon can breed :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Metroid Killer said:
Ok, though I'm gonna give you two eggs then (since the everstone trick doesn't work with pokemon from different countries).

Fossil pokemon can breed :)

It only doesn't work in different languages, but like I said, I'm not doing it. Blind luck will bestow me the right nature. :p

Thanks.

Crap, bred 3 eggs to begin with Staraptor and Ditto and didn't notice, until the third egg hatched, that the Starly hadn't learned the moves. Anyhow so I pair up a newborn female Starly together with my male Staraptor which knows the moves... None of the Starly has the moves passed down...???

Anyway Andrex you can just borrow my Staraptor for a while then instead.

My FC is 5156-4291-4002. I got yours from the previous page.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think I already registered you... And that is weird. I thought that the male always passed down moves. Just use a Ditto instead of the female then.

If that fails, then I can always use the move re-learner.

Andrex said:
I think I already registered you... And that is weird. I thought that the male always passed down moves.
Yeah I don't know why it didn't work. It's just like the Safari Zone, everytime you think you have figured it out you find out that you are wrong :p

In the Union romm btw.

Edit: v Sure no problem

cdyhybrid

Jesus Fucking Christ. The instant I finally get a Pokemon on GTS that might actually let me trade my Magneton over to Platinum to evolve it, it gets snatched up instantly by some Japanese fucker. So fucking frustrating. What a retarded mechanic.

cdyhybrid said:
Jesus Fucking Christ. The instant I finally get a Pokemon on GTS that might actually let me trade my Magneton over to Platinum to evolve it, it's gets snatched up instantly by some Japanese fucker. So fucking frustrating. What a retarded mechanic.
It's an unreliable method. In order for it to work you have to ask for something really specific. Let us help you move your pokemon instead.

Thanks for the Magneton btw!

cdyhybrid

Metroid Killer said:
It's an unreliable method. In order for it to work you have to ask for something really specific. Let us help you move your pokemon instead.

Thanks for the Magneton btw!

It wasn't a Magneton I lost~

cdyhybrid

Andrex said:
At least you got a legendary out of it though right?

Nope, got a random Magneton for a Garchomp I didn't need anymore.

Edit: Another Pokemon lost. Amazing. Another Japanese Magneton.

Metroid Killer said:
How about Caterpie and ask for a Magneton with the gender and lvl of yours. That should keep strangers away.

Yeah, except there are 98234890235 offered Caterpies on there all asking for level 100 Mewtwos and shit, so I'll never find my offer.

cdyhybrid

Yazan said:
2579 5780 5040

I'm in.

Edit: Did you need that Poliwhirl? It might take me a few minutes to evolve Magneton, dunno if I have any Rare Candies.

Edit2: Got the evolution done. Anyone around that can help me transfer Magnezone back to HG?

Top Bottom