• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Facing Palmer2 now... Oh shit oh shit oh shit!!

Edit1: YES!! Starmie took out Heatran!!
Edit2: cresselia defeated garchomp!!!
Edit3: Lucario defeated cresselia!!

murderbeam.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I got four Skarmorys that I'm giving away. They should have perfect and near-perfect HP and Sp.Def. IVs, respectively. Their natures are as follows: Adamant, Hardy, Naughty, and Modest. If you just want a Skarmory and none of this matters to you that's fine too. :lol

FC: 0560 - 9071 - 3586

Echoes

Andrex, breed.
Metroid Killer said:
Oh my god so awesomeeeeeeeeee :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol CONGRATS ;-)

I got you a Jolly Sneasel with Ice Shard, Ice Punch, Swords Dance, Taunt. I got 2 so if you want the 2nd one Andrex you can have it (no Pursuit though). One hour and I'll be home.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Echoes said:
Andrex, breed.

?

Echoes said:
I got you a Jolly Sneasel with Ice Shard, Ice Punch, Swords Dance, Taunt. I got 2 so if you want the 2nd one Andrex you can have it (no Pursuit though). One hour and I'll be home.

You want one of my Skarms? And can I teach it Pursuit through TM? Same good IVs, clean EVs I assume as well?

Echoes

I meant breed the one I gave you if you want a good nature, attach it one of the Power items to pass one of the perfect IVs.

And sadly, no you can't teach it Pursuit that way. Only through Breeding as it is an egg move. Give me a day and I'll be able to breed a Pursuit+Ice Shard Sneasel.

Edit: nope no IV guarantee this time. This is the horror I've been through to produce them:

Catch a female Swinub
Level it to 28 for Ice Shard
Breed it with my male Weavile
I have no fucking idea how I thought breeding male A with female B will give me A egg. Fuck. Starting over. I now have a male Swinub with Ice Shard
Catch a Lv45 female Sneasel
Level it to 49 for Ice Shard
Breed the male Ice Shard Swinub with the Ice Shard Sneasel
Get a Lv1 Ice Shard female Sneasel
Breed it with my male Weavile to pass downs the other moves (SDance, Ice Punch, Taunt)
Mission finally done

So yeah, the only way to get perfect IVs now is to let the newly hatched Sneasel sleep with 31IV Ditto. I'm sick of breeding right now lol.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Echoes said:
I meant breed the one I gave you if you want a good nature, attach it one of the Power items to pass one of the perfect IVs.

And sadly, no you can't teach it Pursuit that way. Only through Breeding as it is an egg move. Give me a day and I'll be able to breed a Pursuit+Ice Shard Sneasel.

I think I'll breed my own, that way I get to nickname it too. :p Thanks for all the help though~

Andrex said:
I got four Skarmorys that I'm giving away. They should have perfect and near-perfect HP and Sp.Def. IVs, respectively. Their natures are as follows: Adamant, Hardy, Naughty, and Modest. If you just want a Skarmory and none of this matters to you that's fine too. :lol

FC: 0560 - 9071 - 3586
I'll take the hardy one if you still got it.

cory

Banned
Oops, wrong thread.
Any way, I tried out Battle Frontier last night after I got to Vermilion. It was pretty neat, I've never had a game with Battle Frontier before. I used Ampharos, Typhlosion, and Mamoswine on the Battle Tower, they seemed to cover most things, though I hear it starts getting ridiculous.
I don't know what to do now, there are so many options after you beat the E4, except for online (for me).

Oh, they changed the wild encounter music. At first I thought I was running into Latias or something.

cory

Banned
I can't wait until Echoes tells really funny jokes while having sex with Palmer.
Hooray for English Ambiguity!

Edit: Sabrina's Gym: ### used Skill Swap ### used Skill Swap ### used Skill Swap...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh man, I was just trying to get a Starmie last night but couldn't because I ran out of Water Stones! (And didn't feel like trading from Pearl...) Thanks man. :)

Andrex said:
Oh man, I was just trying to get a Starmie last night but couldn't because I ran out of Water Stones! (And didn't feel like trading from Pearl...) Thanks man. :)
I had a feeling that Starmie was just perfect for you. It's IVs aren't perfect, but I think they're alright.

Thanks for the skarmory.

I'm able to trade now if you have time Echoes.

Anything you are currently in need of? (items/tms/pokemons?)

Also you(and everybody else) are always free to ask me to breed you some Japanese pokemon(with/without egg moves) which you can level up faster.

Edit: Nice avatar Andrex :lol

cory said:
Black & White Preview #2, on top of Celadon Condominiums.
I'm guessing you haven't caught Ho-oh then? There's another preview of Black & White there.

*shakes fist at Nayshiki*

Bred 3 Staryu with Thunderbolt, Psychic, Surf and Ice Beam = 17 types covered!

cory

Banned
Metroid Killer said:
I'm guessing you haven't caught Ho-oh then? There's another preview of Black & White there.

*shakes fist at Nayshiki*

Bred 3 Staryu with Thunderbolt, Psychic, Surf and Ice Beam = 17 types covered!
I did, but there was so little room to run around up there that it didn't feel like it as much as the Lighthouse and this one.
Still a really cool sequence that makes me really excited for the next games. I'm kind of bored with the top-down view anyway.

OMG Aero said:
So Metroid how is that totally awesome reward for beating Palmer?

oh wait
Why you little!

I was in the best mood ever when I made those images :D But I'm not sure I can stay sane trying to get a 100 win streak. I'm defintely gonna have to use something besides this very strong team, something gimmicky, that exploits some cheap tactic.

cory

Banned
What should I do guys? I got the first 3 badges in Kanto and I'm kind of bored.
I love the new music, overall much cooler than the Johto stuff.
I could go to the Safari Zone, Battle Frontier, evolve some Pokémon for the Dex, chase after Entei/Raikou, or continue in Kanto.

MNC

So this battle frontier, I somewhere read you can do it online? Or something about co-op? What can be done with wireless that isn't regular battle/trade?

Edit:
The Battle Frontier also allows players from around the world connect together using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, to take part in multi Battles in any of the Battle Frontier facilities. This can be done by going to the Wi-Fi Club on the base floor of any Pokémon Center, and selecting the Battle Frontier function. However both players must have entered the Hall of Fame and visited the Battle Frontier at least once.

Yay! But this doesn't work with wireless? :( Because it's through wifi club in the basement? :(

cory

Banned
Flamethrower and Earthquake are both useful 73% of the time.
Ed: WTF this trainer has a Lv29 Nidoking & Slowking, and a Lv65 Magikarp! That's just weird.

TUSR

Banned
cory said:
Flamethrower and Earthquake are both useful 73% of the time.
Ed: WTF this trainer has a Lv29 Nidoking & Slowking, and a Lv65 Magikarp! That's just weird.
I remember fighting him, level 65 magikarp gives you like 600 exp.

Echoes

Sorry MK! Had to go to grandma. I'm free now.

Edit: I'll be sleeping now, so tired after work. I'll be available tomorrow MUCH earlier since it's my night shift.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MNC said:
Yay! But this doesn't work with wireless? :( Because it's through wifi club in the basement? :(

If you actually go to the Battle Frontier facility itself you might be able to do it.

Edit- Red-hatted lady lets you do it.

pirata

Hey, can y'all help we figure out how to get onto Wi-Fi connection? I live in a dorm, and while there is wireless here, it shows up on my DS as being WEP encrypted and asks for a key. How can I figure out what it is? Do I have to go to some other public place to log on (I'm trying to get Yellow Forest before it expires, at least)?

Aurora

Well that was disappointing. Just faced Palmer 2 and I one shotted both Heatran and Regigigas, then got Cresellia in two. Extremely easy.

Some of the matches leading up to it were MUCH harder :\

pirata said:
Hey, can y'all help we figure out how to get onto Wi-Fi connection? I live in a dorm, and while there is wireless here, it shows up on my DS as being WEP encrypted and asks for a key. How can I figure out what it is? Do I have to go to some other public place to log on (I'm trying to get Yellow Forest before it expires, at least)?
That depends on whose connection it is.

Does your school offer WEP based wifi setup for everyone or is it a personal router from someone in the dorm?

If it's the school's connection then you have to ask a school official.

Aurora

Pokemonpokemonpokemon I love you.

What are people's thoughts on the use of a save editor (i.e. set instant EVs/IVs/TMs etc.)?

pirata

SolarPowered said:
That depends on whose connection it is.

Does your school offer WEP based wifi setup for everyone or is it a personal router from someone in the dorm?

If it's the school's connection then you have to ask a school official.

Two show up: a personal one and the general one. To get on wi-fi with my laptop, all I have to do is enter a password thingy I got through the university, and it connects. I have no idea who would know what the key is, though. Can I connect in public places with wi-fi without any passwords, at least?

I fucking hate wi-fi. To this day I have not figured out how to connect my PS3 to the internet through wi-fi. Neither could the guy from Sony that I called. Why can't I just plug my DS into my laptop and not have to bother with any of this shit?

MNC

That password thingie is probably the key. Try entering it.

Router > WEP > Laptop
Router > WEP > DS
Router > WEP > PS3

Public router > no WEP key > DS

To get connection to the router, one must first know the WEP key, which I assume is that password. Every router is different; which means in public, you might find some open routers without a password, and some with. One password doesn't fit all routers.

Top Bottom