• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

^I'll help you move the Magnezone, if you'll help evolve my Magneton ;-). I'm grinding E4 right now, but in like 10 mins perhaps.
Aurora said:
Well that was disappointing. Just faced Palmer 2 and I one shotted both Heatran and Regigigas, then got Cresellia in two. Extremely easy.

Some of the matches leading up to it were MUCH harder :\
How did you do that? What was your team?

cdyhybrid

Metroid Killer said:
^I'll help you move the Magnezone, if you'll help evolve my Magneton ;-). I'm grinding E4 right now, but in like 10 mins perhaps.
How did you do that? What was your team?

Sure, I can do that.

What's your FC again? Gotta add it to Plat, already have it in HG.

cdyhybrid

Metroid Killer said:
5156-4291-4002

I'm on my way to the U room btw. What are we gonna do/trade first?

Up to you. On my way with my Magnezone once I add you. Plat FC if you didn't get it on last page: 4726 3829 5267

cdyhybrid said:
Up to you. On my way with my Magnezone once I add you.
Your MagneZone is in Plat, right? Then our first trade would be Magnezone<->Magenton. Then you would leave and come online with your HG and get your Magenzone from me.

And then I can get my Magnezone back once you've evolved it.

cdyhybrid

Metroid Killer said:
Your MagneZone is in Plat, right? Then our first trade would be Magnezone<->Magenton. Then you would leave and come online with your HG and get your Magenzone from me.

And then I can get my Magnezone back once you've evolved it.

Sounds good. I'm in the lobby on Plat.

Edit: Be back on HG in a sec.

Edit2: Be back on Plat to level your Magneton.

Edit3: On my way back with your Magnezone, be online in a sec.

DarkStar

Anybody want to trade a few starters with me?
I got a bulbasaur, charmander, totodile, and chicorita
Im still looking for the rest

Thanks

DarkStar said:

Thanks

I can give you Cyndaquil and Squirtle for a Totodile if you want. We'd have to trade within the next 30 mins though as I've got to go out, other than that it would be in about 6 hours. FC is 4855 9004 1361

upandaway

Gravijah said:
Almost at 25,000 collected watts -thumbs up!-
Whooaaa!! Thumbs up!!

I got 2400, from simply going to and from school. I don't really wanna go run when I'm supposed to be studying.

The thing isn't as bad as I initially thought. Fucking Rattatas keep joining me though.

Echoes

Metroid Killer, if you want to pass level-up moves (not egg moves) both Pokemons need to have it.

Breeding Sarly w/ Brave Bird and WW, with Skarmory, will let Skar know the moves, because they are egg moves. However, breeding the aforementioned Starly with another Starly that doesn't have them, will not yield you these moves. Level-up moves must be on the two Pokes. That's why I did the who;e Swinub/Sneasel; Ice Shard is not an egg move so both of them need to learn it.

I'll be back in an hour for the trade :D

Gravijah

upandaway said:
Whooaaa!! Thumbs up!!

I got 2400, from simply going to and from school. I don't really wanna go run when I'm supposed to be studying.

The thing isn't as bad as I initially thought. Fucking Rattatas keep joining me though.

Nah I don't really congratulations, in between taking it everywhere I put it on my A/C which nets me a ton. Slightly cheating. :lol I'm OCD and I like to have everything unlocked before I can enjoy catching Pokemon/items.

Echoes said:
Metroid Killer, if you want to pass level-up moves (not egg moves) both Pokemons need to have it.

Breeding Sarly w/ Brave Bird and WW, with Skarmory, will let Skar know the moves, because they are egg moves. However, breeding the aforementioned Starly with another Starly that doesn't have them, will not yield you these moves. Level-up moves must be on the two Pokes. That's why I did the who;e Swinub/Sneasel; Ice Shard is not an egg move so both of them need to learn it.

I'll be back in an hour for the trade :D
Oh cool for the info, damn this complicated breeding simulation game!

I'll be here waiting. Anything you desire? (stop avoiding this question!)

pix

Just want to say thanks again to Andrex for the Skarmory last night! I didn't know I had to give you something in return for the trade to work so I sat there for a minute lol. Gave you my HM Surf slave :( Its all I could give up.

So I put my Skarmory in the daycare and he gained 4 levels in 5 minutes. I checked back this morning and he is still at level 5. Does the daycare only level the pokemon when the game is on? If not then why does it take so long level 5+?

pix said:
Just want to say thanks again to Andrex for the Skarmory last night! I didn't know I had to give you something in return for the trade to work so I sat there for a minute lol. Gave you my HM Surf slave :( Its all I could give up.

So I put my Skarmory in the daycare and he gained 4 levels in 5 minutes. I checked back this morning and he is still at level 5. Does the daycare only level the pokemon when the game is on? If not then why does it take so long level 5+?
When you have pokemon in the daycare every step you walk in the game gives the pokemon +1 experience point. So in order to raise a pokemons level fast it's a good idea to use the bycicle for example.

Echoes

Metroid Killer said:
Oh cool for the info, damn this complicated breeding simulation game!

I'll be here waiting. Anything you desire? (stop avoiding this question!)
Well, I don't know :lol nothing in mind, really. Surprise me with anything. Bring another 'mon with you, I want to give you something else as well.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'll be around for some battles in half an hour or so if anyone's interested. I'm still giving away a prize to anyone who beats this team. So far Echoes is the only one to do it.

Awesome thanks for all the nice stuff Echoes. Someone has spent too much time on Battle Frontier :lol (me too :( )

The skorupi I gave you knows the egg move Night Slash which goes great together with it's Sniper ability. And Drapion is just plain awesome.

Nayishiki

DarkStar said:

Thanks

If you still need them I can give you the other 8 starters. I think I still have you in my pal pad.

Echoes

finalozzo said:
if he isn't shiny you don't like him, i think. This is racism!
Oh, no! I'm actually starting to hate shiny Pokes. I have, like, 8. Maybe 9 now.

Since I kicked Palmer's sorry ass, new avatar's up, though I may switch it to shiny Shuckle.

Ok so i raised a female Starly up to lv37 and put it together with my male Staraptor, and voila! I now have the male Starly with whirlwind and brave bird for you Andrex.

Anyone with a Lileep and Kabuto they can breed for me? I have the other fossils, starters and pokemon with egg moves to trade.

Nayishiki

Metroid Killer said:
Ok so i raised a female Starly up to lv37 and put it together with my male Staraptor, and voila! I now have the male Starly with whirlwind and brave bird for you Andrex.

Anyone with a Lileep and Kabuto they can breed for me? I have the other fossils, starters and pokemon with egg moves to trade.

I think I have the fossils but I can also breed them for you.

Nayishiki said:
I think I have the fossils but I can also breed them for you.
What ever is the easiest for you. If you breed them they'll level up fast, but if I get the fossils they'll be lvl 20 when I get them, so it's fine either way.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Metroid Killer said:

I can breed either for you. :) <3 Need to wait until tonight though.

Nayishiki

Metroid Killer said:
What ever is the easiest for you. If you breed them they'll level up fast, but if I get the fossils they'll be lvl 20 when I get them, so it's fine either way.

I have your Kabuto and Lileep ready.

Echoes

I'm at work now, I'll be home after about 9 or 10 hours. Whoever wanna battle my shiny team; get ready. It's not so serious, so bring whatever you want.

I'm going to tackle the other areas in the Frontier. My god it's an addiction.

Finalow

Echoes said:
Oh, no! I'm actually starting to hate shiny Pokes. I have, like, 8. Maybe 9 now.

Since I kicked Palmer's sorry ass, new avatar's up, though I may switch it to shiny Shuckle.
i have only one rattata shiny :(

Echoes said:
I'm at work now, I'll be home after about 9 or 10 hours. Whoever wanna battle my shiny team; get ready. It's not so serious, so bring whatever you want.

I'm going to tackle the other areas in the Frontier. My god it's an addiction.
Battle Factory is a worse nightmare than the Battle Tower, pure torture if you ask me. Sure it's fun that you can mix up your team all the time, but the bad luck I've had there is insane.

Battle Hall is great fun and very simple and quick. Battle Castle is ok as well and I haven't tried out Battle Arcade yet...

It's absolutely insane how much content there is in this game!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Arcade is the best (behind the Tower.) I would like the Hall more if they didn't make the whole process so unnecessarily complicated.

Echoes

I didn't try them all yet, but there was that one where all my Pokemon were paralyzed at the start of the batte. I said fuck it and turned the DS off. NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN!

Could somebody copy/paste what I should do to obtain the 5 stars in my trainer card? From serebii or I dunno. They moved me to a new location at work which has a new shiny PC with Windows 7 and all that hot. Drawback? Bulbapedia and Serebii are blocked. Heck, my own fucking site is blocked :/

Jokey665

Echoes said:
Could somebody copy/paste what I should do to obtain the 5 stars in my trainer card?
-Defeat the Elite Four
-Collect 5 Shiny Leaves on one Pokémon and speak to Ethan/Lyra in New Bark Town
-Defeat the records on all 10 Pokéathlon events
-Get a 100-Streak in the Battle Tower
-Complete the National Pokédex. You need to capture all Pokémon other than Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin & Arceus, giving you a total of 484 in your Pokédex.

from serebii

Wiseblade

Echoes said:
I didn't try them all yet, but there was that one where all my Pokemon were paralyzed at the start of the batte. I said fuck it and turned the DS off. NEVER GOING THERE AGAIN!

Could somebody copy/paste what I should do to obtain the 5 stars in my trainer card? From serebii or I dunno. They moved me to a new location at work which has a new shiny PC with Windows 7 and all that hot. Drawback? Bulbapedia and Serebii are blocked. Heck, my own fucking site is blocked :/

Off the top of my head:

beat the elite 4
50/100 wins in the battle tower (can't remember which, probably the latter)
capture all non - event exclusive Pokémon
50 flags in the underground/some exclusive Johto thing

Echoes

Uh huh, thanks guys. Not sure if I can get a 100-streak in the Tower... Heh, I even forgot all about Pokeathlon :lol damn it this game is full of contents. Will probably catch 'em all, I'm currently 277 @ 202 hours.

Echoes

Just beat Hall Matron Argenta. Tangrowth against a physical attacker seems tough, but she started the battle with Solar Beam. That got me 2 Swords Dance at ease. a STAB 4X Swords Danced Close Combat is scary :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Echoes said:
Uh huh, thanks guys. Not sure if I can get a 100-streak in the Tower... Heh, I even forgot all about Pokeathlon :lol damn it this game is full of contents. Will probably catch 'em all, I'm currently 277 @ 202 hours.

268 @ exactly 150 hours. :D

Getting even a 50 streak is going to be almost impossible for me. :lol I guess four stars won't be so bad.

Top Bottom