• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

cory

Banned
I'm not sure what to do with my Diamond save. My team is about 10 levels too low for the first member of the elite 4 and my Pokédex is pathetic. I should probably restart it, but maybe I should transfer some Pokés over to Gold.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can anyone explain what having Buena's number entails? I don't remember it happening in G/S/C originally and it doesn't seem like anything useful (oh here's my number. *tee hee*) when you just continue to rack up points/awards with new cards after reaching 30 on your previous point card. :/

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
That comic is great.

TheSeks said:
Can anyone explain what having Buena's number entails? I don't remember it happening in G/S/C originally and it doesn't seem like anything useful (oh here's my number. *tee hee*) when you just continue to rack up points/awards with new cards after reaching 30 on your previous point card. :/
I dunno. I just bothered to get her number because it was something to do.

I'm also around for battles tonight.

ps: Good luck in Seattle, Firestorm. Let us know how it goes.

TheSeks said:
It doesn't do anything, in Crystal you used to get a tip off about a certain slot machine being "lucky" but now she just randomly phones you up after 11pm for a chat.

At least her phone calls are more entertaining than the usual "I failed to catch a Pidgey" rubbish, the last one I got she was talking about how she got mobbed by Pokefans (those creepy male Pikachu trainers) when the password for the day was Pikachu.

mandiller

Holy crap! My first shiny since the original Pokemon Silver. I just hatched this one at the daycare centre. I was breeding them to get a Quiet natured Spiritomb, but I got a shiny instead!

s3lfa1.jpg

149z7gh.jpg

So epic. I was planning to have a spiritomb in my party so this makes it all the more sweeter :D Any suggestions on how to train up a bashful Spiritomb?

Finalow

mandiller said:
Holy crap! My first shiny since the original Pokemon Silver. I just hatched this one at the daycare centre. I was breeding them to get a Quiet natured Spiritomb, but I got a shiny instead!

s3lfa1.jpg

149z7gh.jpg

So epic. I was planning to have a spiritomb in my party so this makes it all the more sweeter :D Any suggestions on how to train up a bashful Spiritomb?
uouou, so cool spiritomb shiny. he's not a good pokemon anyway, he only hasn't waekness.

Echoes

Bashful is a neutral nature (doesn't raise nor hinder any stat) so you can train him in any way you like. Congrats on the shiny! I think Spiritomb is awesome.

I just finished building a team and wanna test it out. Any volunteers?

Sixfortyfive

Echoes said:
Hmm.... Yeah let's make this my Challenger team! Do you wanna know the Pokemons before going in?
Yep.

Probably wouldn't make a difference as to what leads I use though.

Also remember that my gym enforces Item Clause and is Double Battle format.

Echoes

Zapdos, Metagross, Aeroda, Salamence, Magnezone, Snorlax.

Edit: Double Battle? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit no :lol Ok let's try my luck anyway.

Sixfortyfive

I still need to get around to making my back-up, doubles-specific team myself.

This one you're about to see only has a few changes.

EDIT: Aw. We going to count that or not?

Echoes

Wow, sorry, it suddenly disconnected (error 54002). We can do it again and I'll run so it'll register the win for you. Good thing it was near the end :lol

Yeah, I pretty much sucked :lol

Echoes

Of course we'll register my loss :lol I was down to just Snorlax anyway.

Man, this team sucks in Doubles :lol

I'm currently building a doubles team because half of my friends only play doubles. It's fun because it requires whole new strategies.

Sixfortyfive

My GAF challenger team hasn't been built with doubles in mind at all either. Going to get stomped.

Protip: When in doubt, replace one not-so-great-for-doubles move (like entry hazards) with Protect. Scouting opponent moves and the ability to block a teammate's Surf/Earthquake is always a plus.

Hatchet Man said:
Anyone up for a match?
Ice gym challenge is open. Usual rules + Item Clause + Double Battle.

Sixfortyfive said:
My GAF challenger team hasn't been built with doubles in mind at all either. Going to get stomped.

Protip: When in doubt, replace one not-so-great-for-doubles move (like entry hazards) with Protect. Scouting opponent moves and the ability to block a teammate's Surf/Earthquake is always a plus.

Ice gym challenge is open. Usual rules + Item Clause + Double Battle.

Alright see you online.

Sixfortyfive

Not only does a properly EVed Bullet Punch wreck everything on my team, you picked the perfect target in every damn turn.

I had a backup plan or two, and they were all crushed.

Were you using 2 Choice Scarfs by any chance though?

Sixfortyfive said:
Not only does a properly EVed Bullet Punch wreck everything on my team, you picked the perfect target in every damn turn.

I had a backup plan or two, and they were all crushed.

Were you using 2 Choice Scarfs by any chance though?

Nope only 1 choice scarf.

Sixfortyfive

I must have forgotten how I EV'd one of my guys, then. But yeah, GG.

I really do need to get around to making that alternate team I was thinking of...

Sixfortyfive

Dammit. Was that last thing scarfed?

I've seriously got to stop letting you set up entry hazards on me. >_>

Sixfortyfive

Jolly nature, then?... *takes notes*

ps: If you want an ice gym rematch later tonight, I might be available. I already have some of my alt team members completed and want to give it a whirl.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Azure Phoenix said:
It doesn't do anything, in Crystal you used to get a tip off about a certain slot machine being "lucky" but now she just randomly phones you up after 11pm for a chat.

At least her phone calls are more entertaining than the usual "I failed to catch a Pidgey" rubbish, the last one I got she was talking about how she got mobbed by Pokefans (those creepy male Pikachu trainers) when the password for the day was Pikachu.

Oh, well... :/ That's still useless. :/

Echoes

Sixfortyfive said:
Jolly nature, then?... *takes notes*

ps: If you want an ice gym rematch later tonight, I might be available. I already have some of my alt team members completed and want to give it a whirl.
Yup, Jolly. I have to go to work in 2 hours, let's see if I can replace that thing...

Slermy

TheVampire, if you're still looking for a skitty, I have some to trade.

Also, does anyone have a Power Bracer they'd be willing to trade me? I suck at the battle tower, but want to try breeding a Scyther I have that has a perfect ATK IV.

You guys won't believe this...

I actually found out that I had hatched a shiny elekid in my SS game. It's been sitting there for weeks and I had no idea.
:lol :lol :lol

other good news:
I actually managed to get two more pokes with high overall IV stats. Now I just need eight more pokes to play competitively.
:D

So far have 248/493 caught in my Pokédex. Finished getting all the Kanto Pokémon today. Working on Johto, but taking a break now as I'm tired/bored. Wonder what other game I should play...Ouendan!?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If anyone has a spare TM90 Substitute and/or Leftovers they're absolutely dying to get rid of, I could, umm, offer my item-ridding services... please? :p

Sixfortyfive

Andrex said:
If anyone has a spare TM90 Substitute and/or Leftovers they're absolutely dying to get rid of, I could, umm, offer my item-ridding services... please? :p
Give me a practice round for my new ice team in a few minutes and I'll hand those over afterward. :3

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sixfortyfive said:
Give me a practice round for my new ice team in a few minutes and I'll hand those over afterward. :3

Ice?

You know I'm training a flying team right? v.v I'll be on...

Top Bottom