• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
SuperAngelo64 said:
Hahaha. Oh my God! :lol

I threw out a Ninetales and a Typhlosion.

Never once used Hydro Cannon!
The AI has this quirk where it will use non-effective moves when your Pokemon is at low health. I think it's a lazy way of "predicting" a switch on your part or something.

upandaway

I just found out my Kingdra's a Sniper. I think my day just got ruined.
I was really looking forward to Rain Dance, now I have to settle for Agility (which doesn't even work if I need to use Draco Meteor).

Is there any news about when Latias/Latios will be available in Europe? It's the only one I'm missing now beside Tropius for which I just need a few more steps.

barnone

Anyone have a pokerus pokemon I can trade for? I can trade a morning sun growlithe (male) since I'd been breeding those for myself.

Edit: I've got a few male growlithes with morning sun if anyone else wants to trade some heart gold pokemon/hard to find pokemons for one. Took me a while to catch a wurmple, breed for one that is silcoon, level the silcoon up to learn morning sun, sketch the morning sun onto a male smeargle, and then breed for the nature/ability I wanted. Also getting a growlithe onto my soul silver in the first place :(

barnone said:
Anyone have a pokerus pokemon I can trade for? I can trade a morning sun growlithe (male) since I'd been breeding those for myself.

Edit: I've got a few male growlithes with morning sun if anyone else wants to trade some heart gold pokemon/hard to find pokemons for one. Took me a while to catch a wurmple, breed for one that is silcoon, level the silcoon up to learn morning sun, sketch the morning sun onto a male smeargle, and then breed for the nature/ability I wanted. Also getting a growlithe onto my soul silver in the first place :(

I can give you a Pokerus mon if you want.

Lone_Prodigy said:
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium
Jumpluff
Politoed
Yanmega
Weezing
Charizard
Blastoise
Cloyster

All I need for a full Johto Pokedex.

Can get you a Chikorita (and I guess you can evolve it to Bayleef+ yourself) if you want.

upandaway

This was really weird. I went into Misty's gym and nothing happened, so I went out again, did all the other gyms I could, got stuck, went to Misty's gym again and suddenly a rocket was there.

Lone_Prodigy said:
Now down to Porygon2 and Charizard.
I could get ya Porygon 2 in like a week once I get my Platinum back, if I have an Up Grade on there.

Fjord

Does anyone have a Gible/Garbite/Garchomp or Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence for trade? Or a leveled up safari zone containing one? Trying to put together a Battle Tower team to start racking up some points.

Axis

Fjord said:
Does anyone have a Gible/Garbite/Garchomp or Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence for trade? Or a leveled up safari zone containing one? Trying to put together a Battle Tower team to start racking up some points.

i have gible/bagon/whatever else you need

other guy, you still need charizard to complete pokedex?

Thanks Pure I'll let you know when I'm online to trade.

I'm leveling a Charmeleon so Charizard shouldn't be hard, and I have an Up-Grade but I'm lazy and waiting to get it from GTS. It seems that everyone wants a Bagon: I got a Lvl. 56 Empoleon for one. :lol

D-Pad

Question about breeding.

It's pretty jumbled up in my head so work with me... m = male f = female. My sister has a Pokemon (Am) she bred with another pokemon (Bf) and together they had a baby pokemon (Cf). The new pokemon Cf knows a knarly move from pokemon Am, iirc drill-peck. Now my sister wants another baby move added to that one. How could she do this? Mating with, say, pokemon Dm only passes down Dm's moves, and Dm's move it passed down, but drill-peck is lost. Is it possible to "chain" this so that each generation of baby gets another move?

I had a similar problem earlier, but I resolved it so I was hoping there'd be another trick I'm missing.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
D-Pad said:
Question about breeding.

It's pretty jumbled up in my head so work with me... m = male f = female. My sister has a Pokemon (Am) she bred with another pokemon (Bf) and together they had a baby pokemon (Cf). The new pokemon Cf knows a knarly move from pokemon Am, iirc drill-peck. Now my sister wants another baby move added to that one. How could she do this? Mating with, say, pokemon Dm only passes down Dm's moves, and Dm's move it passed down, but drill-peck is lost. Is it possible to "chain" this so that each generation of baby gets another move?

I had a similar problem earlier, but I resolved it so I was hoping there'd be another trick I'm missing.
http://waitingforseedot.appspot.com/

Pick desired species and moveset. It will tell you how to obtain them. Pretty sure it's up to date and accurate.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
My friends who had this game wore the pokewalker on their belts. I have no desire to make the fact that I have the poke walker public. Does it work just as well in your pocket?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Kodiak said:
My friends who had this game wore the pokewalker on their belts. I have no desire to make the fact that I have the poke walker public. Does it work just as well in your pocket?

Oh yah. Works just fine.

Firestorm

Kodiak said:
Fits pretty perfectly in that space in your jeans that's for change.

cvxfreak

Just did the Ilex Forest Celebi shrine event using the Celebi you receive by watching the latest Pokemon movie in Japan. Borrowed a friend's Japanese Platinum and transferred the Celebi over to my U.S. HeartGold, where I just did the event. It doesn't change anything, but it's a neat event nonetheless.

Fewr

Kodiak said:
I've had it in both, and think I get 1.5x or 2x when I place it in my pocket instead of belt.

I have the feeling I should have gone with other Pokeymanz even though I'm just casually playing :lol I'm right before the 4th badge and this is my team:

Croconaw Lv. 29
Flaaffy Lv. 23
Noctowl Lv. 22
Heracross Lv. 21
Togetic Lv. 21
Growlithe Lv. 10

Other than that I have an Eevee (trying to get Umbreon) and a Pinsir. Tell me GAF, will I be alright? :lol

My Pokedex is 290 after 150 hours. I have no idea what people need but I would like a Gible at some point. I've emptied out the Safari Zone of everything else.

Wichu said:
Tyracroc = Croconaw, right? Looks good to me; I don't think you'll have any major problems with that team.

Yeah, sorry, playing the German version and missed that. But in the long-run, which Pokemon should I ditch? Noctowl seems to be the obvious choice...

Edit: Yeah, it's been over 6 years since I've played Pokémon. :D

Edit 2: I fuckin' love Heracross. I don't remember him being so strong when I played the original Silver.

upandaway

3 gym leaders left, they've been pretty easy but satisfying. I made it a point not to use either Kingdra or Espeon to make it a little better.
I'm really looking forward to the E4 rematch.

Glass Soldier said:
Yeah, sorry, playing the German version and missed that. But in the long-run, which Pokemon should I ditch? Noctowl seems to be the obvious choice...

Edit: Yeah, it's been over 6 years since I've played Pokémon. :D

Edit 2: I fuckin' love Heracross. I don't remember him being so strong when I played the original Silver.
Here is the Noctowl I'm using:
Quick Claw
- Reflect (to make up for bad defense)
- Roost
- Air Slash (flinch hax with quick claw)
- Hypnosis

It rocks. Especially if it gets a sleeping leech seeded enemy that got damaged by U-Turn (love you Jumpluff), it walls it really hard. It's basically something I switch into mid-battle to reset stat changes though.

For single player, no matter the Pokemon, as long as you use it (I mean "Noctowl isn't a sweeper" right, not "EV training" right) right it's gonna be awesome. I made a mistake when I took an Espeon (an already kickass Pokemon) and it decimated the E4 by itself at level 38.

Wolves Evolve said:
My Pokedex is 290 after 150 hours. I have no idea what people need but I would like a Gible at some point. I've emptied out the Safari Zone of everything else.

I can pass you that Gible if you want.

That would be lovely. Do you need anything in return? I don't know what's rare or useful; everybody wants a 100 level Arceus. I'm guessing if you're giving away Gibles, I don't have anything you need..

I'm 0389 2626 7198

If anybody wants Pokerus, a lvl 45 Skorupi, the Magikarp with Bounce in case nobody has that, the Winner's Path pokes. I guess I'm more use to beginners who want a helping hand.. not so great on the super popular competitive ones.

Wolves Evolve said:
That would be lovely. Do you need anything in return? I don't know what's rare or useful; everybody wants a 100 level Arceus. I'm guessing if you're giving away Gibles, I don't have anything you need..

I'm 0389 2626 7198

If anybody wants Pokerus, a lvl 45 Skorupi, the Magikarp with Bounce in case nobody has that, the Winner's Path pokes. I guess I'm more use to beginners who want a helping hand.. not so great on the super popular competitive ones.

If you're still around, my FC is 1334 0950 5927.

And I wouldn't half mind that Skorupi.

Tell me when you wanna trade, I'm currently DQ9ing and I'm loathe to put that game down more often than I have to. :p

Fjord

I wish I had known about pickup while I was going through the game. All of a sudden this Picharisu is handing me evolution stones every time I turn around. My next HM slave will definitely have it.

Pureauthor, I have your Skorupi... err.. Drapion right here. I have no idea how online works so I'm just screaming in this wi-fi room that looks like Smash TV. OH GOD I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER.

Arghhhhh I keep missing you Pure. Need that Chikorita.

EDIT: if anyone has a Chikorita, I'll be in the Wi-Fi Room for the next 30 minutes or so.

1591 7555 9620

Lone_Prodigy said:
Arghhhhh I keep missing you Pure. Need that Chikorita.

EDIT: if anyone has a Chikorita, I'll be in the Wi-Fi Room for the next 30 minutes or so.

1591 7555 9620

Okay, I can get you that Chikorita. Like, right now.

Double-post whoo.

Anyway it took a little longer than I thought it would but I finally did it. Got Meganium before Charizard because the former had boosted EXP and evolved 4 levels earlier. Strangely enough Buena's Password today was "Chikorita". :D

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3793/johtoq.jpg

Blurry as heck but you can see 254/254.

Couple other pics:
All gym leaders in the Fighting Dojo: http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5113/gymo.jpg
1337 coins at Game Corner: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4241/coinsq.jpg

Soloist

Neo Member
Since this seems like a general pokemon thread I was wondering if anybody has a legit deoxys and manaphy I can swap with(and back) to fully complete my pokedex in pearl. I'd like to see 493/493 on my pokedex sometime soon instead of waiting for events(or pokemon ranger 3):lol

I do have a darkrai or shaymin if you need collateral/assurance xD

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
HG should get here today and my DS on Friday. SO excite.

So what is the Safari Zone? Just a big open place where pretty much any pokemanz can be had? I haven't seriously played an entry since Blue and only got like halfway through Ruby and Diamond, so I'm kind of new to all the deeper stuff...

Sagitario

Questions about EV:

I often see something like 252/252/4, so 510 is the max total of EV you can get, right?

Some places list 252 as the max per stat and other says 255... Which one is true?

I'm guessing that the stat can get 255, but only use 252 [252 is divisible by 4] so that would mean 2 EV are being wasted, right?

Is there anyone out there who wants to trade a Swords Dance TM?

I'm sure there's someone here with a Japanese game who can get it relatively easy in comparison to the absolute shit we have to go through to get it in the NA/EU versions.

upandaway

Sagitario said:
Questions about EV:

I often see something like 252/252/4, so 510 is the max total of EV you can get, right?

Some places list 252 as the max per stat and other says 255... Which one is true?

I'm guessing that the stat can get 255, but only use 252 [252 is divisible by 4] so that would mean 2 EV are being wasted, right?
Yeah you nailed it.

SuperAngelo64 said:
Is there anyone out there who wants to trade a Swords Dance TM?

I'm sure there's someone here with a Japanese game who can get it relatively easy in comparison to the absolute shit we have to go through to get it in the NA/EU versions.
I'm pretty sure I've got some extra swords dance TMs lying around.

Fake edit:
I've got three of them and I've got no use for them. I'll gladly give them to you. I could use any of the starters from red/blue/gold/silver if you've got them.

PM me sometime before 12am EST for the trade.

upandaway

Holy shit Blue was a huge pain in the ass. I had to use one revive because I only had Heracross left and he had Pidgeot, so I just revenge killed it with Kingdra.

For the record all my Pokemon were at 50 (his were around 58 with Gyarados at 52). I'm so glad I skipped over all the trainers in the sea. Blaine was a joke.

Anyway fuck yeah all gyms done.

Edit: So now I can just go to the E4 rematch right? If I just beat Blue they're all stronger?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
upandaway said:
Holy shit Blue was a huge pain in the ass. I had to use one revive because I only had Heracross left and he had Pidgeot, so I just revenge killed it with Kingdra.

For the record all my Pokemon were at 50 (his were around 58 with Gyarados at 52). I'm so glad I skipped over all the trainers in the sea. Blaine was a joke.

Anyway fuck yeah all gyms done.

Edit: So now I can just go to the E4 rematch right? If I just beat Blue they're all stronger?

Yup.

Top Bottom