• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Slermy

Anyone know the best way to find my secret ID in a game I don't have a shiny in (Diamond/Platinum)? I want to try hatching a shiny Eevee with a few egg moves. I see that there's some tomfoolery one can do with Action Replays, but would that mess up my save file? Is it worth going out and buying one just to find my secret ID?

Gravijah

Slermy said:
Anyone know the best way to find my secret ID in a game I don't have a shiny in (Diamond/Platinum)? I want to try hatching a shiny Eevee with a few egg moves. I see that there's some tomfoolery one can do with Action Replays, but would that mess up my save file? Is it worth going out and buying one just to find my secret ID?

Someone around here might be able to find your secret ID for you. I know someone did for me last year.

Sorry, but Ive only done it once, and did not have much luck with that.

For shinies, my luck has always been this: get your two daycare pokemon from two different countries, and breed until you get a shiny.

My setup is to use a JPN ditto, with my regular US games and pokemon. Got a shiny piplup after my first set of eggs, but then stopped trying to get a shiny dratini after 100 eggs. YMMV, but it is has better odds than finding one in the wild, if I remember correctly.

Spoit

biggyfries said:
Sorry, but Ive only done it once, and did not have much luck with that.

For shinies, my luck has always been this: get your two daycare pokemon from two different countries, and breed until you get a shiny.

My setup is to use a JPN ditto, with my regular US games and pokemon. Got a shiny piplup after my first set of eggs, but then stopped trying to get a shiny dratini after 100 eggs. YMMV, but it is has better odds than finding one in the wild, if I remember correctly.
4 times better, IIRC

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Except that if you're obtaining shinies with the specific purpose of using them to discover your secret ID, those methods that increase your odds of getting them are useless.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back, as you can get it via enough Pokeradar chaining if you have the right tools.

parasight

Anyone know exactly how you get the WiFi events at GameStop? Do you have to ask them to turn something on, or do you just receive the gift without asking?

Balb

Looking for a few Pokemon to finish off my Pokedex:

Bonsly
Wynaut
Mantyke
Clamperl
Beldum
Mime Jr.
Slakoth
Azurill
Mawile
Gulpin
Zangoose
Corphish
Spiritomb

I won't push my luck with the few legendaries I need. I'd appreciate any of these Pokemon, and I have a lot of Pokemon available for trade, so let me know if you have any of these.

FC: 4297 5213 1585

Teknoman

parasight said:
Anyone know exactly how you get the WiFi events at GameStop? Do you have to ask them to turn something on, or do you just receive the gift without asking?

Go in/near the store, check for mystery gift via wireless, and you'll receive it if they have a DS unit with the card set up.

Slermy

Sixfortyfive said:
Except that if you're obtaining shinies with the specific purpose of using them to discover your secret ID, those methods that increase your odds of getting them are useless.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back, as you can get it via enough Pokeradar chaining if you have the right tools.

Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I'll look into this Chaining method.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Balb said:

Bonsly
Wynaut
Mantyke
Clamperl
Beldum
Mime Jr.
Slakoth
Azurill
Mawile
Gulpin
Zangoose
Corphish
Spiritomb

I won't push my luck with the few legendaries I need. I'd appreciate any of these Pokemon, and I have a lot of Pokemon available for trade, so let me know if you have any of these.

I can probably breed most of those for you, depending on which incenses I still have.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Balb said:

Bonsly
Wynaut
Mantyke
Clamperl
Beldum
Mime Jr.
Slakoth
Azurill
Mawile
Gulpin
Zangoose
Corphish
Spiritomb

I can give you spiritomb and mantyke. I also could probably breed those pre-evo's for you since I have the incense/evos needed.

In other news: Anyone have a spare shieldon? be willing to trade just about any poke. I just hatched a few 31 speed 31 special attack + all around great IV timid ghastly's to sweeten the deal.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
FootNinja said:
I can give you spiritomb and mantyke. I also could probably breed those pre-evo's for you since I have the incense/evos needed.

In other news: Anyone have a spare shieldon? be willing to trade just about any poke. I just hatched a few 31 speed 31 special attack + all around great IV timid ghastly's to sweeten the deal.

I got a Shieldon. All I need is a Luxio. 0560 - 9071 - 3586

Ravidrath

Not to be that guy...

But does anyone else think it'd be nice if they made a Pokemon trading/battling thread in the Community forum, so this this thread wasn't always being bumped for that?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
FootNinja said:
Sorry I didn't add an item, I am use to trading with selfish people. Much appreciated!

No that's fine, I want to get rid of some of my stuff before B/W comes out. Enjoy!

Ravidrath

So I just caught a shiny Golbat on Victory Road in Heart Gold!

Looking for name suggestions for its eventual evolution into Crobat.

Spr_4h_169_s.png

It's got an ugly color scheme, so something that makes light of that might be cool.

Colorclash
Chromoptera
Glampire

Teknoman

Ravidrath said:
So I just caught a shiny Golbat on Victory Road in Heart Gold!

Looking for name suggestions for its eventual evolution into Crobat.

Spr_4h_169_s.png

It's got an ugly color scheme, so something that makes light of that might be cool.

Colorclash
Chromoptera
Glampire

Theres my vote.

Whats the best place to level up after obtaining all 16 badges? I keep getting destroyed by Red and my levels are between 56-61.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Teknoman said:
Theres my vote.

Whats the best place to level up after obtaining all 16 badges? I keep getting destroyed by Red and my levels are between 56-61.

E4 re-battles at the Saffron Dojo. It's kind of a pain to get all the numbers though.

Teknoman

Going to keep doing E4 rematches in that case. Does the game actually tell you about gym leader rematches or is that sort of a secret?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Teknoman said:
Going to keep doing E4 rematches in that case. Does the game actually tell you about gym leader rematches or is that sort of a secret?

Serebii has a list. Remember you can challenge a gym leader multiple times a day, and night means both 12 am on in the morning and whenever it starts again in the evening.

Fantasy Final said:
I posted this on Black/White but I'll repost here

Looking for a GameStop shiny Raikou. Have a Shiny Entei. I missed the Raikou event :(.

I can give you one. 0560 - 9071 - 3586

Teknoman

Andrex said:
Serebii has a list. Remember you can challenge a gym leader multiple times a day, and night means both 12 am on in the morning and whenever it starts again in the evening.

I can give you one. 0560 - 9071 - 3586

Oh yeah, I know there is a list, I just dont remember any npcs giving a hint or something about gym leader rematches, or is it just something they expected players to find out on their own.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Teknoman said:
Oh yeah, I know there is a list, I just dont remember any npcs giving a hint or something about gym leader rematches, or is it just something they expected players to find out on their own.

I think I got a call about some leaders possibly hanging out in some places, but it's mostly supposed to be found on their own.

barnone

Fantasy Final said:
I posted this on Black/White but I'll repost here

Looking for a GameStop shiny Raikou. Have a Shiny Entei. I missed the Raikou event :(.

I can trade. I am not going to be able to make it to the Entei event so I would appreciate this.

Edit: sorry I saw this completed. But I am still looking for an identical trade. My Shiny Raikou for a Shiny Entei

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
barnone said:
I can trade. I am not going to be able to make it to the Entei event so I would appreciate this.

Edit: sorry I saw this completed. But I am still looking for an identical trade. My Shiny Raikou for a Shiny Entei

Oh no, you can do it. Sounds like it would work better for both of you. :p

barnone

Oh wow, I am misreading this thread completely. FootNinja if you're up for the trade my FC is 4985 2680 4225

(thought a previous trade higher on the page was the Raikou trade)
Thanks Andrex :p

barnone said:

Alright then, Add me 2536 6024 7616

Anth0ny

Teknoman said:
Theres my vote.

I have a system:

1) Exp share train your Pokemon against elite 4 until level 40 or so. Shouldn't take too long.

2. Gym leader rematch against the gym leader you have a type adventage against. With lucky egg. Do this over and over and over til level 60 or 70 I'd say.

3. Elite 4 grind until level 100, with lucky egg. If you have a horrible type disadvantage against, keep a backup Pokemon ready to take any certain member out.

4. Always lose to Lance cause the fucking post game takes too long lol

I've used this method a bunch of times, works well =)

Teknoman

Damn you and your Venusaur Red!

Anth0ny said:
I have a system:

1) Exp share train your Pokemon against elite 4 until level 40 or so. Shouldn't take too long.

2. Gym leader rematch against the gym leader you have a type adventage against. With lucky egg. Do this over and over and over til level 60 or 70 I'd say.

3. Elite 4 grind until level 100, with lucky egg. If you have a horrible type disadvantage against, keep a backup Pokemon ready to take any certain member out.

4. Always lose to Lance cause the fucking post game takes too long lol

I've used this method a bunch of times, works well =)

I'll probably use that to level up others/ learn moves before Black/White version hits. For now I decided to call in backup from my Diamond version/Fire Red. Got all the way to Venusaur and then made a stupid attack decision lol. Having a rock climber in my last spot to climb Mt. Silver isnt helping...but cant do anything about that.

FootNinja said:
Anyone have a spare Zangoose or Azurill? Name your poke price.
I have both. I don't need any Pokemon really, though I could use help transferring 6 of my Pokemon from Pearl to HeartGold (I only have one DS).

Pearl: 1074-7345-1906
HG: 4684-0933-7370

PM me for details.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Reticent Rhino said:
I have both. I don't need any Pokemon really, though I could use help transferring 6 of my Pokemon from Pearl to HeartGold (I only have one DS).

Pearl: 1074-7345-1906
HG: 4684-0933-7370

PM me for details.
Wouldn't mind helping you transfer 6 pokemon.

FC = 0689 7478 1629

Online now

Balb

Still looking for a few Pokemon. I only need 33 Pokemon to finish my Pokedex!

Gulpin
Slakoth
Corphish
Clamperl

I'd appreciate it if someone could trade me any of these Pokemon. I have access to just about any other Pokemon for trade.

Top Bottom