• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

SlickVic

LOL the rival's team sucks.
Got to the double battle in Dragon's Den where you fight Claire and Lance. Lance's Gyrados takes down all 3 of his Pokemon in like 5 seconds, leaving me in a 2 on 1 battle for the rest of the way.
Intense fight to say the least.

Masked Man

I said wow
SlickVic said:
LOL the rival's team sucks.
Got to the double battle in Dragon's Den where you fight Claire and Lance. Lance's Gyrados takes down all 3 of his Pokemon in like 5 seconds, leaving me in a 2 on 1 battle for the rest of the way.
Intense fight to say the least.

It's because he doesn't train his Pokémon with LOVE! D:

I know the feeling, though: I never had any real problems with Lance nor Clair in one-on-one settings, so I went into the fight expecting my rival to at least be able to keep up. Oh, how wrong I was...

Yuripaw

Banned
I realize this is probably a lost cause, and my chances of someone doing this for me are slim, but I just thought I'd at least try and ask....

I just picked up a DS yesterday with Pokemon Soul Silver. I hadn't really played the series much since the GBC days, and Silver was my favorite, so I wanted to get back into it with a remake to my favorite one.

I only just started playing, but I was at least able to get the Shiny Entei from gamestop before it ends today...but since I just got the game yesterday, I wasn't able to get the Shiny Raikou =/ I was just wondering if anyone out there might've downloaded more than one, and has one they'd be willing to spare?

I work at a gamestop, and I noticed a lot of people came in with multiple pokemon carts to get the shiny trio, so I'm hoping someone here might have done something similar, and have an extra they won't miss.

In the unlikely event someone is willing to do this, PM me please.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yuripaw said:
I realize this is probably a lost cause, and my chances of someone doing this for me are slim, but I just thought I'd at least try and ask....

I just picked up a DS yesterday with Pokemon Soul Silver. I hadn't really played the series much since the GBC days, and Silver was my favorite, so I wanted to get back into it with a remake to my favorite one.

I only just started playing, but I was at least able to get the Shiny Entei from gamestop before it ends today...but since I just got the game yesterday, I wasn't able to get the Shiny Raikou =/ I was just wondering if anyone out there might've downloaded more than one, and has one they'd be willing to spare?

I work at a gamestop, and I noticed a lot of people came in with multiple pokemon carts to get the shiny trio, so I'm hoping someone here might have done something similar, and have an extra they won't miss.

In the unlikely event someone is willing to do this, PM me please.

Yeah I have one extra Raikou still left. You'll have to wait about an hour though.

Yuripaw

Banned
Andrex said:
Yeah I have one extra Raikou still left. You'll have to wait about an hour though.

Awesome, thank you! An hour's fine. I still gotta get to a town that'll let me trade actually, that's how early i am lol.

Gravijah

Balb said:
I can hook you up with Entei and Raikou right now. They're not clones.

Lemme dig out my games. Will give me an excuse to see if I still have a Deoxys for someone who asked earlier.

Edit: Sheet, my DS is going dead. Can we do this in a few hours or whenever you get time again? Is there anything specific you want?

Masked Man

I said wow
To clarify, the Wireless event won't show up on a JPN copy of HG/SS, right? The JPN event only let you pick one (I chose Raikou), but it would be nice to get a Shiny Entei and Suicune as well.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Glix said:
You only need one of the shiny cats to get the new guy in Black/White, right?

Yes.

Anth0ny said:
Isn't there gonna be a wifi event for the shiny beasts in February?

AFAIK, no.

Celebi* is also Gamestop-only and will be given out at the end of February/early March.

Ash's Pikachu, which was a Wi-Fi event in Japan I believe, will be given out for a week starting a week from today at Toy's 'R' Us.

*Rumored

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Man, just booting up SS (before my battery died) made me realllllly wanna buy HG. I must resist, I must wait for Black/White. :(

Lol for the past two months I had the same problem. Paying off White when I got Raikou really helped ease that feeling though.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Lol for the past two months I had the same problem. Paying off White when I got Raikou really helped ease that feeling though.

Is there a pre-order bonus for Black/White? I've kept myself away from everything BW related.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
Is there a pre-order bonus for Black/White? I've kept myself away from everything BW related.

Not that I know of, no. But I don't wanna be one of those nerds with gaming/anime statues anyways.

They ran out of Lugia statuettes last year. :((((

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Not that I know of, no. But I don't wanna be one of those nerds with gaming/anime statues anyways.

They ran out of Lugia statuettes last year. :((((

I day 1 purchased SS at my local Wal Mart and like, a few days later, they put out the versions with the statues. Mother fucker!

Man, I have no idea where my Pokewalker is either. :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
I day 1 purchased SS at my local Wal Mart and like, a few days later, they put out the versions with the statues. Mother fucker!

Man, I have no idea where my Pokewalker is either. :(

Me neither! :( Hopefully wherever it is, it's racking up steps... in heaven.... >_<

Glix

Andrex said:
Yes.

AFAIK, no.

Celebi* is also Gamestop-only and will be given out at the end of February/early March.

Ash's Pikachu, which was a Wi-Fi event in Japan I believe, will be given out for a week starting a week from today at Toy's 'R' Us.

*Rumored

Celebi unlocks some awesome time traveling thing in HG/SS, right?

Does Ash's Pickachu unlock anything, or is it just a cool pikachu with special moves?

Hex

Banned
Glix said:
Celebi unlocks some awesome time traveling thing in HG/SS, right?

Does Ash's Pickachu unlock anything, or is it just a cool pikachu with special moves?

Just cool.

Celebi and the Trio unlock things, Ash's Pikachu is just a neat thing

Hex

Banned
Yuripaw said:
Are there any distinguishing features to Ash's Pikachu? It'd be cool if he was wearing his hat, lol

Not from what the site is showing, just the moves.
Thunderbolt, volt tackle, iron tail and comes with a lightball.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Anyone have a spare petaya berry? Even though no one seems to ever need anything here, once again I have plenty of pokemon to trade for it.

Could also use a substitute/agility tm in case anyone has some handy.

Ravidrath

Man, leveling in HG/SS is terrible.

The whole game everything seems underleveled, and then you get to Kanto, which is 900% worse.

Black and White are sort of the opposite, but it's preferable - everything is slightly overleveled most of the game, and the areas that open up after the Elite 4 are REALLY overleveled.

Ravidrath said:
Man, leveling in HG/SS is terrible.

The whole game everything seems underleveled, and then you get to Kanto, which is 900% worse.

Black and White are sort of the opposite, but it's preferable - everything is slightly overleveled most of the game, and the areas that open up after the Elite 4 are REALLY overleveled.
Overleveled is far far FAR better than being underleveled. The E4 in HG and SS barely went pass the 40s and only some went to the 50s.

Ravidrath

TacticalFox88 said:
Overleveled is far far FAR better than being underleveled. The E4 in HG and SS barely went pass the 40s and only some went to the 50s.

Seriously.

Would people have really cared if the Kanto Pokemon levels weren't consistent with R/G/Y?

It would've made the game significantly better if they had just focused on making the game good instead of some kind of continuity.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
TacticalFox88 said:
don't remember if it changes from the first time you battle them, but if not then this is false.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
FootNinja said:
don't remember if it changes from the first time you battle them, but if not then this is false.
I think the highest leveled Pokemon on the first E4 run is a lv50 Dragonite. Their teams don't get upgraded until you have all 16 badges, IIRC.

I'm a sad panda for living in a country that will never see this event to get the shiny legendary dogs. The only way to capture Zoroark is having one of those special dogs?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sixfortyfive said:
I think the highest leveled Pokemon on the first E4 run is a lv50 Dragonite. Their teams don't get upgraded until you have all 16 badges, IIRC.

And of course Red's Pikachu is the strongest NPC Pokemon from Gen 4, at level 88.

sanji_blue said:
I'm a sad panda for living in a country that will never see this event to get the shiny legendary dogs. The only way to capture Zoroark is having one of those special dogs?
You're only missing the special Zoroark event (the only way to have a battle with a wild Zoroark, but not the only way to get one).

Zoroark can be bred to make Zorua eggs which can in turn evolve at level 30 into more Zoroark. So even if you miss the event you can still get a Zorua/Zoroark from trading.

Stage On

Ravidrath said:
Seriously.

Would people have really cared if the Kanto Pokemon levels weren't consistent with R/G/Y?

It would've made the game significantly better if they had just focused on making the game good instead of some kind of continuity.

Yah I just got my 16th badge and I had to put the game aside for now since there is NO fast way to level up from 63 to 80.

Why couldn't they have kept some daily battles in the pokemon center like in Platinum? Man that game is so much better balanced in that regard. Sure you can only fight 3 gym leaders a day but it's much less of a pain to get rematches.

The worst decision was not to keep the VS checker. Being able to rematch trainers quickly is one of the fastest ways to level up. I swear I will be pissed if that feature isn't in Black and White. Calling them on the Cell phone thing just dosn't compare since it's not nearly as convenient and they hardly ever call you for a match.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Stage On said:
Yah I just got my 16th badge and I had to put the game aside for now since there is NO fast way to level up from 63 to 80.

Why couldn't they have kept some daily battles in the pokemon center like in Platinum? Man that game is so much better balanced in that regard. Sure you can only fight 3 gym leaders a day but it's much less of a pain to get rematches.

The worst decision was not to keep the VS checker. Being able to rematch trainers quickly is one of the fastest ways to level up. I swear I will be pissed if that feature isn't in Black and White. Calling them on the Cell phone thing just dosn't compare since it's not nearly as convenient and they hardly ever call you for a match.

You can call them, though, and they'll always accept if it's the right time.

RedSwirl

Damn. I am definitely not getting Black/White at launch. I bought SoulSliver day one and have only had time for like four badge. I never even got to Kanto in original Silver before my battery save died, so I'm totally going all the way on this one, that just might take all year.

Come to think of it, I've bought almost every main Pokemon excluding the GBA remakes but I only beat the Elite Four in Blue. I still have saves of Red and Yellow, both for which I quit at Saffron City. I'd gotten the 8th Johto badge in Silver before I lost my file, lost all interest maybe halfway through Sapphire, and got fed up with HMs midway into Diamond.

Will I ever finish another Pokemon?

OMG Aero

sanji_blue said:
As long as you can connect to Wi-Fi I'm sure there will be someone here that can clone them for you or at least let you borrow a dog to trigger the event.

Masked Man

I said wow
Stage On said:

Prepare to be pissed. D:
For the most part trainers can't be re-battled, or at least as far as I've experienced.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
I love Pokemon, but breeding an entire team with competitive quality IV's, moves and natures is half impossible especially when you think about all the move sets that rely on hidden power, which is impossible to reliably get with the base power/type you want.

Yesterday after IV training a perfect Piplup, ev training, wasting a tm on him and leveling him to 50, I realize that agility isn't a tm.

Then I decide to make an extreme speed Dragonite, but I don't have a quiet ditto, not to mention getting one with good iv's is a headache.

It's like gamefreaks wants me to go to AR, but then why not just play shoddy and not even buy the games?

Not actually as frustrated as this post makes me seem, but maybe 645 will see my struggles from his rng thrown made of ditto's and toss a spare my way :p

edit: I could just make a support Dragonite, which is what I think i'm going to do.

Competitive breeding takes forever. Chain breeding moves, Everstones, and then biking forever to hatch an egg makes me want to RNG. I don't know how many Wish Eevees I bred before I got one with HP Ice (Jolteon) and HP Electric (Vaporeon, but I think the base power is terrible).

But sometimes you can get really lucky, like when I got a Timid female Snorunt with Spikes and near-perfect IV's without using an Everstone or power items.

Stage On

Andrex said:
You can call them, though, and they'll always accept if it's the right time.

Having it be dependent on time rather then when ever you want is NOT convenient. Not to mention it's a pain in the butt to keep track of what times you have call people at to get a rematch.

Rematches should be quick and easy to initiate.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Will I be able to transfer Pokemon from the GBA games to Black/White? If not, is it possible to transfer them to Platinum? I really don't want to play Pearl or Diamond again...

Top Bottom