• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Netto-kun

red shoe paul said:
So, It's pouring here, can't make it to Gamestop. Can anybody else pick up Jirachis for celebi and I?
Is it the level 5 Jirachi with Draco Meteor, Liechi Berry and Classic Ribbon? I should have it in one of my games.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Quoting this for a new page:

Sixfortyfive said:
Can anybody list all of the... specially encountered Pokemon you obtain in HGSS? I'm thinking of stuff like Red Gyarados, Togepi egg, Sudowoodo, Extremespeed Dratini, etc. Basically anything that an NPC will just give you or is some kind of special non-legendary encounter.
I could probably research this information on my own, but the couple of FAQs I looked at don't exactly put all of this information in one place in plain sight.

Sixfortyfive said:
Platinum was marginally faster than Diamond/Pearl. Not sure if there's a significant difference for HGSS yet.
The difference between Platinum and D/P is pretty significant in my opinion, at least with the animations turned off. I actually know some people who stopped playing D/P because the battles were so slow :lol .

I wouldn't expect there to be a big difference between HG/SS and Pt.... I think I read somewhere that you have the option of turning off pokemon intro animations though?? I hope so, that would make hunting for rare pokemon soooo much more bearable.

Now all the games need to do is adopt PBR's weather mechanics so I can use tryanitar without going insane >:0

So tried to buy on Amazon, but they don't accept pre-paid Visas?

Anyway, bought Gold through FutureShop. Even though I think Silver looks better, I know it will probably be more popular, and I like to be different. Also, I always get the version I want, so this time I got the version I didn't want. :lol

Anyone going to a midnight release tonight? I have to wait till freakin noon because specialty stores don't open till noon on the Sabath day. we must keep it holy and not open our stores till after church

perfectchaos007 said:
Anyone going to a midnight release tonight? I have to wait till freakin noon because specialty stores don't open till noon on the Sabath day. we must keep it holy and not open our stores till after church

No place is doing midnight launches. It was an error on the Gamestop site if that's what you were referring too. Places will open at 9am instead.

Wanace

perfectchaos007 said:

Wondering the same thing. Think Wal-Mart will have it out at Midnight?

red shoe paul said:
No place is doing midnight launches. It was an error on the Gamestop site if that's what you were referring too. Places will open at 9am instead.

I was actually referring to Wal-Mart. They don't do anything special, but they will start selling them at midnight. You may just have to remind an employee since most likely they are clueless about what's going on.

OMG Aero

I would say that any speed difference between HGSS and Platinum are going to very small since they both use the same engine. Platinum and HGSS are faster that Diamond and Pearl because they made changes in Platinum such as dramatically increasing surf speed.
Sixfortyfive said:
Quoting this for a new page:

I could probably research this information on my own, but the couple of FAQs I looked at don't exactly put all of this information in one place in plain sight.
I just had a quick look on Serebii and from what I see the Pokemon are: Sudowoodo, Lapras, Red Gyarados, Snorlax, Togepi, Eevee, Shuckle, Tyrogue, Extremespeed Dratini, one of the Kanto starters and one of the Hoenn starters.

Big Ass Ramp said:
Slightly OT, but why did the OP get banned?
I think he got banned for using an offensive term for gay people in another thread.

survivor

Banned
Shalashaska161 said:
Anyone know if the Jirachi deal is available in Canada at all? I might head over there this afternoon if it is.
Serebii only list the event under Gamestop US.

Anyway EB Games just called me saying they open tomorrow at 11. Damn it why can't they open earlier.

Netto-kun said:
Oh, seems like it's the same Jirachi as the one I have. I can trade mine with whatever you have. Just give me a moment.:lol

It's ok, celebi asked for it first and I would feel bad taking it from him. So PM him about trading. :D I'll suck my ass up and get to Gamestop eventually today.. :lol

toythatkills said:
People that went to a UK GAME event today, how'd it work? Turn on wi-fi > go, or was there codes?

Just turn up and search for a wondercard using wireless, takes about 5 seconds. Oxford street store was packed to the brim with people with their ds's out and everyone else looking very scared and confused.

On another note someone was giving away hacked pokemon at the event with a wifi signal and it was stopping people from getting the Arceus, took me 10-15 goes trying to find Arceus, all the other times it kept showing odd japanese shiny pokemon (one was a milotic which I got, I heard other people got a riolu and a heatran)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
kyo_daikun said:
Just turn up and search for a wondercard using wireless, takes about 5 seconds. Oxford street store was packed to the brim with people with their ds's out and everyone else looking very scared and confused.

On another note someone was giving away hacked pokemon at the event with a wifi signal and it was stopping people from getting the Arceus, took me 10-15 goes trying to find Arceus, all the other times it kept showing odd japanese shiny pokemon (one was a milotic which I got, I heard other people got a riolu and a heatran)
Well to be honest I was like a buffet of manlyness compared to the others when I went in there. There was more hair on neck than on me head. If you saw a man wearing a black coat with a green scarf that made you think "What is that chunk of hunk doing in a place like this?" then that was me.

Guess I was lucky as I got my Arceus first time and then slid out. I even had time to enter a competition for prizes I don't even need. Interestingly, the instruction don't actually tell you how to get the Mystery Gift option.

So now I have a level 100 Pokemon in a game I've yet to even finish. This is literally God Mode.

nli10

kyo_daikun said:

Oh - this is in Selfridges B'ham next Sat. Didn't know about that!!

Sure I can go shopping there and grab it.

BGBW said:
So now I have a level 100 Pokemon in a game I've yet to even finish. This is literally God Mode.

Lvl 100 is more tempting. :)

It's really annoying that you have to preorder HG/SS in order to get Arceus here in Denmark. It shouldn't be necessary to hand out money in order to get a full pokedex damnit.

And wow at the hacked event, sounds like fun :lol

red shoe paul said:
When I pick up the game tomorrow, right off the bat will I be able to transfer my lvl. 100 Pokemon to the new game?
Almost. You need to get to Cherrygrove City first(where the first PC is located in the game). But it should only take 30 mins to reach that point in the game.

Metroid Killer said:
Almost. You need to get to Cherrygrove City first(where the first PC is located in the game). But it should only take 30 mins to reach that point in the game.

Oh, easy enough then! :D Thanks alot.

Blu_LED said:
They won't obey you though. Not until you have all 8 badges.

I remember this was how it was back in Red (last Pokemon game I played) but didn't know if it changed..
I could just transfer Pokemon up to the level they are supposed to obey you from whatever badge I'm at. Is there a list on what level Pokemon start obeying you at?

Ex:
lvl 1-10 = Badge 1
lvl 11-21 = Badge 2
Etc..

Eteric Rice said:
The one improvement that they seem to refuse to make is to turn shit like cut, surf, fly, etc, into items instead of being moves.

I hate having to carry around one Pokemon just to be able to travel. It's retarded.
Fun fact: In RBY, there's a surfboard item that was cut out of the game, but you can still get it through hacking.

red shoe paul said:
Ex:
lvl 1-10 = Badge 1
lvl 11-21 = Badge 2
Etc..
Up to 10 - before any badges
Up to 30 - badge 2
Up to 50 - badge 4
Up to 70 - badge 6
All - badge 8

Delio

Ah i am pretty hyped even though i played the japanese one. Just trying to get a decent Staryu so i can transfer it over.

So I suppose if you only have one DS, the only way to transfer your older Pokemon is by getting someone to trade with you over wifi? How far into the game do you have to be before you can start trading online?

Axis

i have an extra jirachi if anyone wants it...i missed out on arceus events everywhere apparently so if anyone can spare one that'd be awesome!

john tv

I haven't played a Pokemon in depth since FireRed/LeafGreen -- is it possible to carry anything over from title to title somehow? Or do you start from scratch with each new game no matter what?

nli10

Metroid Killer said:
Pfft I'm using a rubber band which works just as well ;)

My ActivityMeter just sits in my pocket & works fine - usually that little useless one in my jeans. Guessing both will be a similar size and fit together?

Going to try using both on the wrong games to see what happens too. Wondering if the PokeWalker will act as an extra 'person' on WWM without wiping the existing data.

Axis

john tv said:
I haven't played a Pokemon in depth since FireRed/LeafGreen -- is it possible to carry anything over from title to title somehow? Or do you start from scratch with each new game no matter what?

AFAIK you can only carry your pokemon over and whatever items you wanted to, of course. You were able to trade after you got your first badge in diamond so it shouldn't be TOO bad.(only from another DS game...not gba)

Edit: I'm an idiot?

I sure hope Nintendo gives us another chance to get an Arceus. I was busy the last time it came to TRU and couldn't find the time to travel 100 miles to the nearest store.

john tv said:

You can trade over your pokemon from fire red/leaf green in all of the new DS games using something called Pal park which is in the games, you need a ds or ds lite with the gba slot to do it tho.

MadraptorMan said:
So I suppose if you only have one DS, the only way to transfer your older Pokemon is by getting someone to trade with you over wifi? How far into the game do you have to be before you can start trading online?

I think you can just put the pokemon on the GTS and then only trade them with yourself, a bit long to do it like this tho, more adviseable to try and get a cheap orginal DS, on diamond and pearl I think you need to have the 5th gym badge to use the GTS tho.

MadraptorMan said:
As I wrote in a post above, you can trade when you get to the first town, so after around 30 mins of gameplay. I will gladly help you trade over pokemon from one game to another, so send me a pm if you need help.

Cow Mengde said:
Yeah, I was comparing HG/SS to Platinum as well. I didn't buy D/P because I knew this version would come, so I waited for it. No idea how fast the battles are in those. Might as well watch some more videos.

I can honestly say I think the battles in HG/SS are much faster and more fluid, felt like a crawl when I went back to my diamond to do stuff on there and im sure its faster than platinum as well.

Top Bottom