• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

red shoe paul said:
It does have a belt clip.
sg0jz8.png
Thank God.

Harpuia

Lkr said:
what about the 50% bonus?

Yeah, it says it's not valid with any other offer. I'm not too familiar with how the trade thing works. Can I possibly use the 50% bonus towards Heartgold instead of the 25% bonus?

Harpuia said:
Yeah, it says it's not valid with any other offer. I'm not too familiar with how the trade thing works. Can I possibly use the 50% bonus towards Heartgold instead of the 25% bonus?

Just say you just want credit, and tell them you don't want to use it towards Pokemon.
Then reserve it right after that.

Lkr

Harpuia said:
yes

Unicorn

Is it only walmart that has the rubber thing for the pokewalker? I mean, I see they include the bonus figurine, but I thought all copies came with the pokewalker with the rubber holder

Unicorn said:
Is it only walmart that has the rubber thing for the pokewalker? I mean, I see they include the bonus figurine, but I thought all copies came with the pokewalker with the rubber holder

Walmart exclusive im afraid, there's pictures of the boxset on ebay and it says it on the front.

Unicorn said:

Just Walmart has the rubber holder. All versions come with the belt clip.

birdman

Blu_LED said:
The PokeWalker doesn't have a clip on the back? How am I suppose to carry this around since I didn't buy this at Walmart?

So...you don't have a problem with people seeing you wearing what looks like a Pokemon Pikachu wherever you go?

I know I'm getting the game, but I can't bring myself to have that thing in plain sight when I'm going out anywhere.

birdman said:
So...you don't have a problem with people seeing you wearing what looks like a Pokemon Pikachu wherever you go?

I know I'm getting the game, but I can't bring myself to have that thing in plain sight when I'm going out anywhere.

Maybe he's young and can get away with it, im 24 and definetly can't so in my pocket it will go.

jman2050

kyo_daikun said:
Maybe he's young and can get away with it, im 24 and definetly can't so in my pocket it will go.

Does it have something to attach to a key chain? Cause I would totally put this on my key chain.

kyo_daikun said:

You guys' T-shirts must come to your belly button or something. If it's on your belt, or belt loops, have your T-Shirt cover it. Or turn the walker the opposite way so the screen is facing your body.

jman2050 said:
Does it have something to attach to a key chain? Cause I would totally put this on my key chain.

Only the rubber holder from Walmart has a string attached so it can be attached to a key chain.

red shoe paul said:
You guys' T-shirts must come to your belly button or something. If it's on your belt, or belt loops, have your T-Shirt cover it. Or turn the walker the opposite way so the screen is facing your body.

Only the rubber holder from Walmart has a string attached so it can be attached to a key chain.

On another note there is a guy on ebay selling japanese pokewalker holders that were sold from the pokemon centers there. They don't look as nice as the walmart freebies in my opinion but is a solution if its going to bother you a lot having to put these in your pocket.

Unicorn

Guess I'm sacrificing my preorder to pick this up at midnight, get the rubber case, and have about 4 bucks knocked off thanks to my employee discount.

Jerrek

Neo Member
Not sure why I didn't think of that, the girlfriend works at Walmart. Although I would have a tough time convincing her to go at midnight just to get her discount haha. :D

I can't complain though, ordering from Amazon was cheaper, plus I had $20 credit from BFBC2 and free two day shipping with Prime.

I should hurry up and beat Platinum though before I put it to the wayside for Superior Silver!

My game is reserved in my local EBGames. I'll pick it up but I guess I'll wait to play it since I'm not done with Lightning. And to add up, Zeus is back to stop all this. Damn.

Lkr

Why is silver superior?
Because its fucking SILVER! Gold version was always for the loser kids. Not to mention it has a fucking LUGIA ON THE GAME CARTRIDGE! HO-OH CAN'T TOP THAT SHIT!:D
I'm so excited

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Fumetsu said:
Amazon has shipped my copies, looks like they switched to launch day shipping after all.
Oh shit! Just checked my order and they shipped mine as well!
Thanks for the notification man, now I can expect to see my shiny new DSi arrive with my first game for it.

Willectro

Banned
Sorry if already answered:

When is the Pal Park (for trading Pokemon from Ruby while in my DSlite's GBA slot) available in HG/SS? Can I be in any stage of the game in Ruby (I think I just finished the 4th gym)?

Also, is there any Rare candy duplication or leveling cheats in Ruby? :D

DarkWish

Fumetsu said:
Amazon has shipped my copies, looks like they switched to launch day shipping after all.
I'm curious... which version did you get? A couple people I know that got HeartGold had theirs ship already, but the people I know that got SoulSilver didn't have theirs ship out yet. I got one day shipping too, so I hope it ships out today so I can get it on Monday.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
DarkWish said:
I'm curious... which version did you get? A couple people I know that got HeartGold had theirs ship already, but the people I know that got SoulSilver didn't have theirs ship out yet. I got one day shipping too, so I hope it ships out today so I can get it on Monday.
Mine is SoulSilver with the Figurine, and it got shipped.

EzLink

Banned
Ohohoho FUCK yes

My shitty 8 hour saturday shift is over. AND I found out its daylight savings tonight! Meaning one less hour wait for pokemon!

Time to smoke weed/take sleeping pills to pass out, and END THIS FUCKING BITCH OF A WAIT

See y'all tomorrow :D

Hex

Banned
DarkWish said:

I have one of each that has shipped, I have two other silvers that I am picking up for my gf's kids are "preparing to ship"
All with figurines.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Dogenzaka said:
No way in hell am I wearing that Pokewalker.
It's going in my pocket, never for anyone to see.
You will never be a Pokemon Master! I'll wear mine and be the most metal Pokemon Master of all time! :lol

bon

Lkr said:
Why is silver superior?
Because its fucking SILVER! Gold version was always for the loser kids. Not to mention it has a fucking LUGIA ON THE GAME CARTRIDGE! HO-OH CAN'T TOP THAT SHIT!:D
I'm so excited
Silver is for the wussy kids who are frightened by badass Ho-oh.

Jeels

EzLink said:
Ohohoho FUCK yes

My shitty 8 hour saturday shift is over. AND I found out its daylight savings tonight! Meaning one less hour wait for pokemon!

Time to smoke weed/take sleeping pills to pass out, and END THIS FUCKING BITCH OF A WAIT

See y'all tomorrow :D

Good idea, my attempt at tricking Wal Mart employees failed. v_v I will need to find a way to pass out tonight.

InfiniteNine said:
What are you talking about? Ho-oh looks like Thanksgiving dinner, and Lugia is a badass that rules the skies.

nah you're thinking of Fearow. You can cook that pokemon. If you try to cook Ho-Oh, Ho-Oh will cook you. FIRE BLAST!

Schmitty

Year after year, I tell myself that I'm not going to play the new Pokemon game because I'm too old for this stuff, but it seems that I will be picking this up tomorrow.

I really wish there was an easy transfer system between games. I have like 400 Pokemon in Platinum and don't feel like doing the tedious work of trading them all over.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Anth0ny said:
Fuck, I already played through the entire game in Japanese and I'm still hyped :D
Pokemon games have that power against you. I played the japanese version of the original gold, so I'm looking forward to stepping back in with Soul Silver. I'm pretty damn hyped even though I remember most of what happens. :D

Schmitty said:
Year after year, I tell myself that I'm not going to play the new Pokemon game because I'm too old for this stuff, but it seems that I will be picking this up tomorrow.
I really wish there was an easy transfer system between games. I have like 400 Pokemon in Platinum and don't feel like doing the tedious work of trading them all over.

How the fuck can you be too old to play a good game? Cannot compute.

JSnake

I'll probably be getting my copy on Monday. I have to review it and normally I'd have gotten it last Monday but Nintendo ended up sending it to my boss instead of me. So they overnighted me another one and it should have come yesterday but it didn't. So, Monday it is then. I hope. /whine

In any case, here's the team I'll be using. What do you guys think?

Typhlosion
Gyarados
Garchomp
Alakazam
Gengar
Electivire

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
perfectchaos007 said:
nah you're thinking of Fearow. You can cook that pokemon. If you try to cook Ho-Oh, Ho-Oh will cook you. FIRE BLAST!

Lugia can use Hydro Pump into Ho-oh. So, gg.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
bernardobri said:
Lugia can use Hydro Pump into Ho-oh. So, gg.

lolz. The most offensive Lugia you'll find in Ubers, running around 64 EVs in Special Attack will do 27.4% - 32.4% to Life Orb Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh will outstall Lugia's Hydro Pump with its Roost/Pressure, and even with Rain if Ho-Oh is more defensive. Ho-Oh in return does 50.7% - 60.1% with a Life Orb Brave Bird. Or 63.7% - 75.2% with Sacred Fire in the Sun.

The better option would be to Toxic Ho-Oh (praying it doesn't have Substitute) and to stall it yourself. Lugia on a Calm Mind (or any) set will never run Hydro Pump, because of its accuracy, and it's resisted by Dragons that menace the tier. And thanks to Stealth Rocks, Lugia has almost no business switching into Ho-Oh, unless it suspects a Choice Band Earthquake.

Lugia has really had its position as the 'Great Wall' usurped by Giratina, who offers much better resistances and is not SR weak. Lugia is still one of the best answers to Rayquaza, and Garchomp (if it can avoid too many Stone Edge hits).

And... there's your competitive in-sight into your casual trash talking. :lol

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
EvilMario said:
lolz. The most offensive Lugia you'll find in Ubers, running around 64 EVs in Special Attack will do 27.4% - 32.4% to Life Orb Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh will outstall Lugia's Hydro Pump with its Roost/Pressure, and even with Rain if Ho-Oh is more defensive. Ho-Oh in return does 50.7% - 60.1% with a Life Orb Brave Bird. Or 63.7% - 75.2% with Sacred Fire in the Sun.

The better option would be to Toxic Ho-Oh (praying it doesn't have Substitute) and to stall it yourself. Lugia on a Calm Mind (or any) set will never run Hydro Pump, because of its accuracy, and it's resisted by Dragons that menace the tier. And thanks to Stealth Rocks, Lugia has almost no business switching into Ho-Oh, unless it suspects a Choice Band Earthquake.

Lugia has really had its position as the 'Great Wall' usurped by Giratina, who offers much better resistances and is not SR weak. Lugia is still one of the best answers to Rayquaza, and Garchomp (if it can avoid too many Stone Edge hits).

And... there's your competitive in-sight into your casual trash talking. :lol

Jeez, we're having a conversation with the same dialogue level of ten years ago, don't ruin the nostalgia moment please :lol

Top Bottom