• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Lkr

I wish I had some stuff to trade in for HG as well. I can't find any of my DS games and the 360 games I have aren't worth much. Only drawback of PC gaming

MadraptorMan said:
So I suppose if you only have one DS, the only way to transfer your older Pokemon is by getting someone to trade with you over wifi? How far into the game do you have to be before you can start trading online?

This was answered a couple posts back, only about 30 minutes in the computer to trade will be available at a Pokemon center.

Delio

Metroid Killer said:
As I wrote in a post above, you can trade when you get to the first town, so after around 30 mins of gameplay. I will gladly help you trade over pokemon from one game to another, so send me a pm if you need help.

It's not only the first town. You have to beat the first gym for the girl to move from the downstairs area of the pokemon center.

Jeels

So my friend's Gamestop called him and said he could pick up his game today, and he did. Wow, can't believe a gamestop is breaking the street date for such a big game. =o He lives in North Texas.

red shoe paul said:
This was answered a couple posts back, only about 30 minutes in the computer to trade will be available at a Pokemon center.

I'm confused...I thought I needed to be able to access the "global trading" thingy before I could transfer pokemon online, and in Diamond it took quite a few badges before you were able to do so. I only have one DS so I can't transfer over local wifi or whatever.

MadraptorMan said:
I'm confused...I thought I needed to be able to access the "global trading" thingy before I could transfer pokemon online, and in Diamond it took quite a few badges before you were able to do so. I only have one DS so I can't transfer over local wifi or whatever.
Trade with strangers online = Beat the 5th gym

Trade with friends online = Beat 1st gym and you will be able to trade via the pokecenter(downstairs).

Axis

MadraptorMan said:

you can trade from ds-to-ds or friend-to-friend downstairs at any pokecenter

MadraptorMan said:

To trade instantly/ directly you only need the 1 gym badge and then you will have to get someone to help you in here.

If you want to do it all by yourself because you have no trust in humanity you will need to unlock the GTS with 5 or so badges and do it the long way :lol

Hopefully going to have my HG by tuesday, I wanted to pick it up from the ebay seller but he wouldnt let me as he's posting too many copies of the games out on monday, I even said he could keep the postage I paid for it if I picked it up :(

Alright, thank you guys. Sorry for being such a newb at this.

EDIT: It's not that I don't want to trade with a fellow human being, it's simply that I've moved to a new area and really don't know anyone with a DS.

MadraptorMan said:

Maybe we're thinking of something different. I'm talking about transferring Pokemon from Platinum to HG/SS..

Lkr

Hmm...alright I'm gonna go trade in Madden 10 and NSMB DS in a few hours so I can get HG(already got SS last night :D). Hopefully they still have the figurines, but I doubt it. Also, is the Jirachi event still running? How much effort does it take to get the Jirachi? Do all Gamestops have it?

Lkr said:
Hmm...alright I'm gonna go trade in Madden 10 and NSMB DS in a few hours so I can get HG(already got SS last night :D). Hopefully they still have the figurines, but I doubt it. Also, is the Jirachi event still running? How much effort does it take to get the Jirachi? Do all Gamestops have it?

Jirachi event is still running, im not sure if its all stores tho I think its specific one's.

Axis

Lkr said:

It was easy at my local gamestop...mystery gift->receive from wireless and it was there.

Anyone have those pictures that floated around of Pokemon taking place in the past? I know they were just fan art and I can't find them anywhere.

Lkr said:
do you have to walk up to anything or is it all from your own DS?

If it's like the Pichu event it's all from your own DS. I was able to do it from my car outside the store.

Lkr

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've never used mystery gift before, so I had no idea how it worked. I got Pichu through WiFi

I hope they still have the figurines

Lkr said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I've never used mystery gift before, so I had no idea how it worked. I got Pichu through WiFi

I hope they still have the figurines

My Gamestop does, but they're not giving them out until you pick your game up, which is dumb. I reserved from Best Buy and got to take my figures home.

Jeels said:
Anyone know of any stores in the Houston area selling this early today?

Fairly sure all Walmarts have it in. Just sweet talk somebody who would have no idea. My line is always: "Hey, I called earlier and somebody said they had *game that isn't out until a few days*, and they put it on hold for me." Works alot of the time at stores, not just Walmart.

Jeels

red shoe paul said:
Fairly sure all Walmarts have it in. Just sweet talk somebody who would have no idea. My line is always: "Hey, I called earlier and somebody said they had *game that isn't out until a few days*, and they put it on hold for me." Works alot of the time at stores, not just Walmart.

Hmm, so I should call them first instead of hauling my butt there right. But what if when they scan it that info shows up that you can't sell it until whatever date.

Bentendo

red shoe paul said:

Dang, that's a good idea! I've done similar things, but only at midnight when I know they have it. Never thought about doing it BEFORE midnight. :lol

34ycxec.gif

-Yeti said:
Do you guys think it's worth it to buy a DS just for either HeartGold or SoulSilver?

I'm seriously thinking about doing it....

If you wanted to really play, then of course! I only got my DS 2 months ago, and what got me excited even more about getting one was that I forgot HG/SS would be out soon. This is coming from a guy that hasn't played Pokemon since Red on Gameboy.

Jeels

Dogenzaka said:
Wait what? PM me too! :( I'm in Houston too.

he gave me tips on how to trick employees into selling the game early, dogen, i could just buy an extra copy and drop it off at your place :lol

Magni

To be honest, on my GBC I only played Red/Silver/Crystal, and on my DSL the only games I've played apart from Diamond and Platinum are NSMB and Advance Wars. I need to get Chrono Trigger and a couple others but can't justify the purchase when I'm spending so much time on Pokémon :lol

red shoe paul said:
If you wanted to really play, then of course! I only got my DS 2 months ago, and what got me excited even more about getting one was that I forgot HG/SS would be out soon. This is coming from a guy that hasn't played Pokemon since Red on Gameboy.

Dag yo, that's a long time of not playing Pokemon. Glad to see you're pumped up for the reboots of the best Pokemon games ever. :D

Anyway, I think I'm going to get a DS right now. What version should I get? DS Lite or DSi?

red shoe paul said:

You've got a lot to play through after this one. :lol

-Yeti said:
Anyway, I think I'm going to get a DS right now. What version should I get? DS Lite or DSi?

DSi, much better all around. Plus you can download games from the DSi store.

Magni

-Yeti said:
Dag yo, that's a long time of not playing Pokemon. Glad to see you're pumped up for the reboots of the best Pokemon games ever. :D

If you won't be lugging your DS on the bus etc, an XL should be good. If you wanna play GBA games/take advantage of Pal Park etc, a DSLite should be your choice. Elsewise you should be good with the DSi.

Harpuia

HYPE THROUGH THE FUCKING ROOF! In order to compensate for my lack of money, I have been forced to trade in Tales of Symphonia and Golden Sun 2 in order to get HeartGold. :lol Good thing for the 25% bonus on trade-ins towards Heartgold/Soulsilver at Gamestop.

Lkr

Harpuia said:
HYPE THROUGH THE FUCKING ROOF! In order to compensate for my lack of money, I have been forced to trade in Tales of Symphonia and Golden Sun 2 in order to get HeartGold. :lol Good thing for the 25% bonus on trade-ins towards Heartgold/Soulsilver at Gamestop.
what about the 50% bonus?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Blu_LED said:
The PokeWalker doesn't have a clip on the back? How am I suppose to carry this around since I didn't buy this at Walmart?
B-but I wanted to walk around with a Pokeball on my non-existant belt. ):

Boney

Banned
You know, since I didn't have electricity for a week, I brought the old GBC back to life, and started playing (obviously) Silver. Although it was slow as hell, it still is the best Pokemon of them all.

I quit playing Diamond because I was too absorbed by it, and got like 15 hours on one weekend and never touched it again because of the fear of ruining my life, but for this baby, I'm all up for it.

MagniHarvald said:
If you won't be lugging your DS on the bus etc, an XL should be good. If you wanna play GBA games/take advantage of Pal Park etc, a DSLite should be your choice. Elsewise you should be good with the DSi.

Yeah, I probably won't need the Pal Park, so I'll go with the DSi. I don't really like glossy things anyway. :p

Top Bottom