• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

survivor

Banned
Spider from Mars said:
Is Togepi worth the effort?
You really gonna have a hard time leveling it up. And I think it needs max happiness to evolve and then a Shiny Stone for the other evolution. While Togekiss is extremely useful and powerful, I just don't think it's worth all that trouble. But if you have a faster/easier way to level it then do it.

El Sloth

Banned
Harpuia said:
Golden Sun The Lost ages (the second one)
Metroid Prime 2
Metroid Prime 3
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Resident Evil: Dark side chronicles
Transformers 2: Revenge of The fallen
Some star wars game for the wii.

It all gave me $48. The most notable losses were MP2, MP3, and Radiant Dawn.
EDIT: Thank god for that 50% bonus at Gamestop. D:

:eek: I shall weep for your sacrifices sir.

Damn you silver peasants, regrouped while I was on my way home from work.

I was a Gold man originally(I've always had an irrational love for Fire type pokemon, which makes their snub in recent games so much harder). Just trying something new out for a change!
And "Soul Silver" sounds waaay better than "Heart Gold"

I remember staying up all night levelling my eevee to get an umbreon, what a game <3

I remember trying really hard to get an Spinarak. There was something so cool about a spider pokemon to me. I also must have literally spent DAYS trying to get a Heracross, beetles have always been badass in my book. When I learned of his existence his inclusion in my team was a forgone conclusion.

Finally settled on a permanent team of 6

- Cyndiquil
- Mareep
- Bellsprout
- Drowzee
- Sentret
- Pidgey (replaced with Ho-Oh when possible)

red shoe paul said:
I'm going to trade her to my walker for tomorrow and hopefully level it up at least a few. We'll see then. :D

Sadly the walker can only net you one level max per walk. Really stupid imo. Should have been capped at a more reasonable number.

El Sloth said:
I also must have literally spent DAYS trying to get a Heracross.

Oh jeez. I spent hours headbutting trees for a Heracross. So repetitive, so time consuming, and yet so worth it in the end.

btkadams

team is currently chikorita, totodile, cyndoquil, pidgey, and geodude for rock smash. im scared to teach anything flash! do any pokemon learn it regularly? (like not through using the tm).

El Sloth

Banned
btkadams said:
team is currently chikorita, totodile, cyndoquil, pidgey, and geodude for rock smash. im scared to teach anything flash! do any pokemon learn it regularly? (like not through using the tm).

I don't know if any pokemon eventually learn it, but I'm pretty sure you can re-buy Flash later in the game when you get to whatever town it was that has the superstore. So fear not and teach away sir.

Harpuia

El Sloth said:
:eek: I shall weep for your sacrifices sir.

I have Trilogy, so it's all good. :D

Fantasy Final said:
This makes me sad. I believe Radiant Dawn is worth 40$ even used.

Shush! I was desperate, my head wasn't in the right place. MY NOSTALGIA TOOK OVER. ;-; DON'T JUDGE ME! D:

btkadams said:
im scared to teach anything flash! do any pokemon learn it regularly? (like not through using the tm).

I think the only Pokemon that can learn it via level up is Volbeat.

Also Flash isn't *that* bad. Lowering accuracy can really help you win some of the harder battles.

Unless you were scared for a different reason (like there being only one copy), in which case you might be able to buy more later in the game (probably Goldenrod City, 3rd gym).

Willectro

Banned
survivor said:
Competitive online Pokemon battling. Can either be done through WiFi or through Shoddy Battle. You can head to smogon.com and read some of their guides. Or we have a topic here about competitive battling and metagame I think.

How does this shoddy battle work exactly? Can you play against friends easily?

btkadams

El Sloth said:
I don't know if any pokemon eventually learn it, but I'm pretty sure you can re-buy Flash later in the game when you get to whatever town it was that has the superstore. So fear not and teach away sir.
Obsessed said:
I think the only Pokemon that can learn it via level up is Volbeat.

Also Flash isn't *that* bad. Lowering accuracy can really help you win some of the harder battles.

Unless you were scared for a different reason (like there being only one copy), in which case you might be able to buy more later in the game (probably Goldenrod City, 3rd gym).
thanks guys! ill chill out haha. though, do i even need it? i just got the first badge. i know there's that dark cave right before violet city but i don't even think that cave is even necessary yet.

survivor

Banned
will52 said:
How does this shoddy battle work exactly? Can you play against friends easily?
Yep. Just download the program, make a username, log in to the Smogon server and invite your friend to a private match. Making teams shouldn't take that long either. 5-10 minutes.

The only thing is that your first battle on Shoddy will be confusing since you won't be used to its fast pace and the load of texts you get.

P1000529.jpg

Silver, for life.

Willectro

Banned
survivor said:
Yep. Just download the program, make a username, log in to the Smogon server and invite your friend to a private match. Making teams shouldn't take that long either. 5-10 minutes.

The only thing is that your first battle on Shoddy will be confusing since you won't be used to its fast pace and the load of texts you get.

Nice, will try tomorrow at school, thanks for the info.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Blu_LED said:
I haven't come across a single Pidgey. All Hoothoots.

Hoothoot's evolution Noctowl is useful against Morty's Gengar, being immune to Hynosis and Shadow Ball. And thanks to being very defensive, it doesn't care about a non-STAB Sucker Punch at all.

Gravijah said:
I only JUST came up with the money for it, so I feel your pain. :( I'll name one of my first Pokemon after you! :D

I'm a day late on replying to this, but thanks alot man/(wo)man! You made me crappy sunday alot better. :D

Oh, and you were on the money about my "gaming budget". Got cut short. :p

I have to suffer with playing Pearl's Battle Tower as of right now in the meantime.

How's the game for everyone so far? I've been told by some friends IRL that they're already on the 4/5th badge. Man you guys are fast. :lol

Loam

Oh god, trading over a chunk of pokes from Platinum is a bitch. They really need to release some form of poke box for this generation of games.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Any one have a bunch of links to give me info on Breading, IVs, EVs, and the like? I want to read up on it all now.

Unicorn

I'm sad my pokemon will only gain one level a workday on my pokewalker. They should queue up the levels and then when you connect back let you know if there are any moves they wanted to learn.

Also, is there a real successor to Pokemon Stadium coming? Nows the time to release the true Pokemon Stadium

btkadams

Unicorn said:
I'm sad my pokemon will only gain one level a workday on my pokewalker. They should queue up the levels and then when you connect back let you know if there are any moves they wanted to learn.

Also, is there a real successor to Pokemon Stadium coming? Nows the time to release the true Pokemon Stadium
didnt you see the insert with the instruction manual? there's a new pokemon stadium (titled different though) coming to wii.

DarkWish

btkadams said:
didnt you see the insert with the instruction manual? there's a new pokemon stadium (titled different though) coming to wii.
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, that's Pokemon Rumble. It's a WiiWare game that is completely different than these games, there is no connectivity. The only Pokemon Stadium-like game on Wii is Pokemon Battle Revolution, which has been out for a while now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, I want to say this here, the Official Soundtrack of this game is just fantastic, I recommend any fan of the series to buy it. I would also pick it up sooner rather then later, since I think they already stopped production of it, since Play Asia doesn't show it in stock, though CD Japan still has it.

The 3 Disk set has 270 track all together, the first two CDs having new music, and the 3rd having the original songs :D

btkadams

DarkWish said:
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, that's Pokemon Rumble. It's a WiiWare game that is completely different than these games, there is no connectivity. The only Pokemon Stadium-like game on Wii is Pokemon Battle Revolution, which has been out for a while now.
yup that's what i meant. sorry! i guess i was wrong.

Koomaster

Question about the Pokewalker: Does your pokemon automatically find other pokemon and items for you while you are walking about; or do you have to actively select the radar/dousing options and play the mini-game?

Also, is anyone else having trouble getting their pokewalker to communicate with the DS? Seems to take a few tries before everything works out right and they get to talking. Tips? :/

btkadams

Koomaster said:
Question about the Pokewalker: Does your pokemon automatically find other pokemon and items for you while you are walking about; or do you have to actively select the radar/dousing options and play the mini-game?

Also, is anyone else having trouble getting their pokewalker to communicate with the DS? Seems to take a few tries before everything works out right and they get to talking. Tips? :/
i didnt even have pokemon on the thing and i somehow had a geodude walk up to me and join my team, as well a sentrit on a different occasion. you can find stuff just by walking, you don't need to do the dowsing and radar only.

i had some troubles communicating on the first few tries but i don't seem to be having trouble now. you'll get used to the angle that works.

Koomaster

btkadams said:
i didnt even have pokemon on the thing and i somehow had a geodude walk up to me and join my team, as well a sentrit on a different occasion. you can find stuff just by walking, you don't need to do the dowsing and radar only.

i had some troubles communicating on the first few tries but i don't seem to be having trouble now. you'll get used to the angle that works.
Thanks! So far I have caught two Spearow doing the mini-game and transferred them over. But I guess I will just let it alone for a while, build up some Watts and see what is transpiring sometime tomorrow. ^____^

The angle thing is weird, figured I could just lay both the DS and Pokewalker on a flat surface pointing at each other, but I have never gotten them to talk to one another that way.

Mr.City

I consider Shoddy Battle a good way of field testing experimental builds for different pokemon. Nothing worse than wasting time and effort on a build that doesn't work.

Edit: The menu interface in this game is absolutely amazing.

survivor

Banned
Jeels said:
does anyone have an extra pikachu colored pichu theyd be willing to give away?
If I can get Diamond back from my friend, I will give you the Pichu that I will get from it. I will try to get it back tomorrow.

Jeels

survivor said:
If I can get Diamond back from my friend, I will give you the Pichu that I will get from it. I will try to get it back tomorrow.

Thank you so much. It really means a lot. :D I will have to make it up to you somehow.

Salsa

Am i the only one who hates the logo ? the "SoulSilver" + mini lugia part (but mostly just the "SoulSilver"), ugh. Its the font or something.

Top Bottom