• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

vhfive

11kayv5.gif

upandaway

Those were funnier when I saw them without the black borders, but yeah.

Also "PENIS used STRING SHOT!" while we're at it.

I loved the hell out of Diamond, but my DS broke. When I eventually got a new one, I just wasn't feeling it anymore. Any chance this game will change that?

EzLink

Banned
AvidNobody said:
I loved the hell out of Diamond, but my DS broke. When I eventually got a new one, I just wasn't feeling it anymore. Any chance this game will change that?

Maybe. I played a lot of Pearl when it came out, and then left it alone for a year or so. I tried getting back into it after that but I was still burned out on it. I had those same feelings when Platinum came out, but I decided to buy it anyway, and I haven't gotten bored with it yet. I'm sure I'll be ten times more engrossed in HG/SS because they will probably be ten times better than Platinum (even though Plat. rules)

It seems that Serebii has "world exclusive" information on Pokemon Hot Gold/Sucky Silver. I don't know how they got this information, but you might want to consider it a rumor at this point. In case it is true, though, I won't spoil it below, but I'll tell you what they talked about.

They posted information regarding what legendaries there will be and how to get them/where to find them.
They posted some information on the Starter Pokemon.
They also posted information about some Kanto elements and trading with other games.

EzLink

Banned
Well oh my god. That stuff on serebii is so fucking cool. Hope to God these things aren't just shitty internet rumors and are actually real. Best game ever confirmed if this stuff is in :D

EDIT: Hmm, just read on serebii that, while it does say the information can change by launch, it also says "the facts are there". Good :D :D :D

Now too bad us Americans have to wait until fucking March at the earliest :(

EzLink

Banned
Woo, Scyther's new sprite looks pretty badass (lots of people have been complaining about how he looks young and cartoony though)

http://www1.uploda.tv/v/uptv0044834.jpg

Also people are bitching that the gym leaders aren't having drastic (or any?) changes with their roster. I personally couldn't care less... it's been so long since I've played the original (10 years in fact!) that I don't remember what they used.

Man, wake the fuck up guys! Whenever a new Pokemon game comes out and serebii starts their massive blowout coverage its almost like Christmas morning! And this thread is practically dead!

OMG Aero

EzLink said:
Woo, Scyther's new sprite looks pretty badass (lots of people have been complaining about how he looks young and cartoony though)

Also people are bitching that the gym leaders aren't having drastic (or any?) changes with their roster. I personally couldn't care less... it's been so long since I've played the original (10 years in fact!) that I don't remember what they used.

Man, wake the fuck up guys! Whenever a new Pokemon game comes out and serebii starts their massive blowout coverage its almost like Christmas morning! And this thread is practically dead!
Oh God. Does that mean that miltank is still in the game?

ryan-ts

EzLink said:

Link to all the info please.

Dabookerman said:
No.

They decided to completely remove Miltank from the game.

You can catch Pokemon from 1 - 240, and from then on 242 - 493.

But...but...he meant THAT Miltank...you know...the Rollout one. :(

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
So with the talk of importing, does the JAP version have an English language track or are people just gonna play it in Japanese?

jman2050

OMG Aero said:
Oh God. Does that mean that miltank is still in the game?

My reaction as a young kid playing Whitney's gym:

Me: A Normal Gym? That's kind of stupid

*Whitney brings out Clefairy or whatever, loses*

Me: Come on, is that all?

*Brings out Miltank*

Me: What?! I've never seen that Pokemon before, what in the world?

*Gets owned by Rollout, dies*

Me: This game sucks.

jman2050 said:

*Brings out Miltank*

I still remember that this happened to me. And I was using a Quilava.

Ravidrath

Serebii's reporting that you can get starters from Johto, Kanto and Hoenn in HG/SS.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/starters.shtml

You can also get nearly every legendary in the game... only things missing seem to be the Regis, all the non-cover-gracing D/P/Pt legendaries, and event Pokemon.

http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/legends.shtml

Getting excited for this... Wasn't thinking I was going to import it, but am increasingly leaning that way. I'll probably import Gold and get Silver when it comes out in the U.S.

Anonymous said:
>Mom: Well since you're off on your big journey now, I'll give you something to help!
>'Tingle' received PokeWalker!
>Mom: Don't you want to try it out, 'Tingle'?
>Please press start on the PokeWalker supplied with the game

Oh shit son.

louis89

Anyone know if there's an option to enable kanji for menus and dialogue and such in the Japanese version?

ryan-ts

I'm on break at school looking around nervously to make sure no one sees I'm browsing Pokemon forums, it's not my fault...this shit is exciting!

beje

Banned
EvilMario said:
PokeWalker as a requirement is 2ch trolling, which has now been picked up by GameFAQs as well. Calm down.

Why should people calm down? If they're worried about that it's not like they were going to pay for the game in the first place :lol

EzLink

Banned
Why is this thread still so incredibly slow!

Anyway, I've never caught the Regis, so I should probably get around to that so I can have all the obtainable legendaries in my soul silver :D Too bad I transfered all my good sapphire pokemon to pearl

Mr. Sam

Ravidrath said:
Serebii's reporting that you can get starters from Johto, Kanto and Hoenn in HG/SS.

As in, you can pick them all as starters or they're all in the game in some way, shape or form?

Mr. Sam

Regulus Tera said:
You get them at different points in the game. Only one from each set, though.

That sounds... pretty fucking good actually. Methinks Feraligatr, Charizard and Sceptile.

I still play Pokemon as if I were an eight-year-old boy by the way.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
jman2050 said:

*Brings out Miltank*

I don't remember having any problem with that Gym.

FSLink

Banned
Kyzer said:
So does the Night/Day cycle make a glorious return or what??
It was back in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, so it's a pretty safe assumption it's back in Heart Gold/Soul Silver.
Though I wonder if they'll change around the daily events (Fridays for Lapras and such) with new events. Back then, they were really cool, but I think nowadays there's potential for much more events.

EDIT:
The TMs the Gym Leaders are giving out looks pretty nice. Sucks that their teams didn't change a bit to have more Johto Pokes. Falkner could use a Hoothoot or something.
TM51: Roost. Tons better than Mud-Slap, lol.
for Falkner
TM89: U-Turn. Decent, and not overpowered like X-Scissor would be.
for Bugsy
TM45: Attract Thought so.
for Whitney
TM30: Shadow Ball That's expected, too, haha.
for Morty

Things I don't look forward to:

1. Changing my wifi network back over to WEP for this one game
2. Reacquiring all of the legendaries simply because I can
3. Realizing I'll spend another 200+ hours on a pokemon game despite already having 492/3 in Pearl AND Platinum.

-_-;

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mr. Sam said:
That sounds... pretty fucking good actually. Methinks Feraligatr, Charizard and Sceptile.

I still play Pokemon as if I were an eight-year-old boy by the way.

Feraligatr, Venusaur and Blaziken for me.

Blastoise was the coolest in Generation I, but I wouldn't feel right with two water starters. :(

FSLink

Banned
I'll probably go Typhlosion/Blastoise/Sceptile since that's what I chose for the first 3 gens the first time around, even though I typically go with fire when replaying them. :D

vhfive

DR2K said:
this is awesome news. i'm going with:
chikorita (won't evolve past bayleef. i hate how chikorita and bayleef look awesome but meganuim looks terrible)
charmander
mudkip

EDIT
jman2050 said:

*Brings out Miltank*

:lol i remember the same thing happened to me (i then trraded for the machop and destroyed that damn cow)

EzLink

Banned
I don't really care which G1 and G3 starters I grab since I'll be trading all of them over from Platinum upon completion of the game anyway :p

Top Bottom