• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, the characters specifically said you could go fight the league or catch Pokemon, it's up to you.
lol, you are right! Anyway, I just got all 28 of them and renamed them so each would have the letter or symbol after the word Unown.

Enough Pokemon for today. Tomorrow I'll try to beat the Elite 4, and maybe see what the Delta episode is about. Afterwards, it may be a good idea to start making all the creatures I have evolve, to complete the Pokedex a little until I manage to capture everything I can.

The word filter in this game is so bad. I can't name a Pokemon "Madam [Whatever]" because it freaks out when it see "dam." Spelling it as Madame gets over it, but I like it better without the e...

Also as always Jesus remains unbanned and continues the proud tradition of being a middle stage cacoon Pokemon that never leaves the box because I always use them to test the filters heh

Yrael

Now that I've finished the Delta Episode, I think I may as well actually try to complete the Pokedex for once.

It's going to take a while for me to transfer all the Pokemon I need from Platinum and HeartGold though... *_* I'm going to have to trade them individually to White/Black/White 2/Black 2, and then use the Poke Transfer to move them to the Bank, and then finally use the Bank to move them into Alpha Sapphire, right?

The word filter in this game is so bad. I can't name a Pokemon "Madam [Whatever]" because it freaks out when it see "dam." Spelling it as Madame gets over it, but I like it better without the e...

Also as always Jesus remains unbanned and continues the proud tradition of being a middle stage cacoon Pokemon that never leaves the box because I always use them to test the filters heh

It also blocks the word "Banal" which is one of my favourite words :(

Now that I've finished the Delta Episode, I think I may as well actually try to complete the Pokedex for once.

It's going to take a while for me to transfer all the Pokemon I need from Platinum and HeartGold though... *_* I'm going to have to trade them individually to White/Black/White 2/Black 2, and then use the Poke Transfer to move them to the Bank, and then finally use the Bank to move them into Alpha Sapphire, right?

TBH, it might be easier to catch many of those in XY/ORAS, since the transfer process is so tedious.

Speaking of madam, there's something pretty funny about ripping apart people using a big ol' female Sharpedo.

Blaziken
Shiftry
Sharpedo
Glalie
Swellow
Hariyama

I have a feeling Hariyama is going to be retired pretty soon. He's sort of losing his usefulness and I have a massive flying weakness (Mega Glalie ripped Winona to shreds though)

Yay!

"You received an Eon Ticket! Head to a Pokemon Center!"

One less thing to worry about. It pays living in an alpha global city :p

Haha, yeah I managed to get one from the first day out streepassing in Osaka. ;)

I still don't really get the Secret Base mechanics. Is it tied to streepass people as well?
Do they show up at your base? Or does their base show up in your game?

Also, do streepasses affect the Mirage islands?

Dear lord, +1 Double-Edge Adamant Aerilate MegaMence hits hard, too hard in fact, I'm almost killing myself over here.

My lvl 60 MegaMence with the setup above was oneshotting most of the pokemons of the first guy in E4 v2.0, which were all lvl 70.

Dear lord, +1 Double-Edge Adamant Aerilate MegaMence hits hard, too hard in fact, I'm almost killing myself over here.

My lvl 60 MegaMence with the setup above was oneshotting most of the pokemons of the first guy in E4 v2.0, which were all lvl 70.

Mega mence is pretty ridiculous.

DaBoss

Can anyone breed me or part with a Bold and Calm Synchronizer? Probably won't play till tomorrow though. Thanks in advance.

I transferred these I had from XY:
Brave
Adamant
Timid
Modest

I could breed a Jolly one easily.

Yrael

TBH, it might be easier to catch many of those in XY/ORAS, since the transfer process is so tedious.

Yeah. I think I'll just transfer over the exclusives, rarities and Shiny mons. Speaking of which, I just discovered a bunch from when I was using the Shiny Radar in Platinum.

Glad to see so many music options for online mp. However Serebii lists the Tao trio theme as one song, when each have a slightly unique theme.

Also, ED related question.
I'm supposed to head toward Sky Pillar where Zinnia will summon Rayquaza. This is the part where I catch it right? Just want to make sure so I have my Syncher ready.

Cerity

Just a tip for people dexnav'ing, particularly in caves. If you're 2-3 steps away from the pokemon just dash. I don't think the 'scare' gets triggered until you complete a full step and one dash step seems to be 2-3 sneak steps.

Pretty succesfully chaining in origin cave for an abra right now.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just started, only up to Dewford...

Really, really, really hitting all the nostalgia buttons right now...although I'm excited to get further in where things start to switch up more.

Already planned to pick up Cacnea, Gulpin, Spoink, Electrike, and Numel later on for my main team alongside Mudkip, but I used Lombre for Roxanne, and Ralts for Brawly...might make them my Contest Pokemon, since I don't wanna totally drop them.

And you guys were right...DexNav is addicting.

VertPin

Hi guys,

I played Pokemon Ruby and Emerald a lot as a kid. Hearing about no battle frontier and lack of end game is pretty disappointing (I also hear a lot of the music is hit or miss). I was trying to decide if this game is worth the purchase, or should I wait until an Emerald version appears? I also heard this game may have been rushed, and that's the reason for missing content.

I have a twin brother too and he was looking forward to picking up Sapphire. Should we both wait? Or maybe it will be DLC?

Either this or Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Hi guys,

I played Pokemon Ruby and Emerald a lot as a kid. Hearing about no battle frontier and lack of end game is pretty disappointing (I also hear a lot of the music is hit or miss). I was trying to decide if this game is worth the purchase, or should I wait until an Emerald version appears? I also heard this game may have been rushed, and that's the reason for missing content.

I have a twin brother too and he was looking forward to picking up Sapphire. Should we both wait? Or maybe it will be DLC?

Either this or Shin Megami Tensei IV.

It's a crap shoot of whether or not the battle frontier will be a thing again this generation. I think it's most likely to be reintroduced via the "definitive" version of XY (Z or a sequel or whatever). We're pretty much in the dark though, due to the fact that Gamefreak is kind of breaching uncharted territory now that DLC is a legitimate possibility.

As far as endgame goes, if you enjoy the online features, I'd recommend it. If you don't, the story is still one of the better ones, but you might enjoy SMTIV more.

**If you're big on completionism, I think it's probably worth picking up due to the contests/secret base/dexNav lending itself to players who want to 100% the game.

to be honest just the Delta episode is already worth buying the remake. They changed the main story a bit if you are interested. Also DexNav is addicting...

And I don't think there will be a third version of remake or DLC though.

Thanks, I'll try that later. Still think they should sell it though.

believe me, you won't need to after you start farming leppa berries. if you water them you'll get like 7 per harvest. There are like 20 berry patches by the berry master. that's ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY ethers.

believe me, you won't need to after you start farming leppa berries. if you water them you'll get like 7 per harvest. There are like 20 berry patches by the berry master. that's ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY ethers.

It's pretty damn amazing how many berries you get per harvest now. I remember back in the day, you'll get like 2 or 3 and now you can get like 7. It's a nice change.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I'm getting trolled with 10 dexnav'd Trace/Telepathy Ralts in a row, lol.

fake edit: And now the chain 'can't find any in the area.'

Is there a trick to avoiding that that I'm unaware of?

Hatchtag

Banned
It's weird, the least recently released gen is always by far the hardest to complete in a national dex. In gen 4 and 5 I struggled with Hoenn Pokemon. Now I'm struggling with Sinnoh Pokemon.

one_kill

Going to do the fourth and fifth gym today then work on my living dex in XY. I hope to finish gens 3-5. I also need to transfer many items <_<

Metroidvania

It doesn't have to be the same pokemon to continue the chain.

Wait, what?

How does that work, you just let the dexnav reset itself instead of continually searching for the same pokemon, and it doesn't break the original search's chain?

Aside from the always shiny ones, has anyone else never gotten a shiny legendary or gift Pokemon? I've been playing for a decade and I've never gotten one.

I found a shiny pelipper while chaining for lucky eggs. Woohoo -_-

Evasion hax, crit hax, this game is starting to make me nervous.

I would swear I've had more 'hurt itself in its confusion' in a row in this game (as well as 4-5 turn sleep periods) than in any other gen.

Status hax too lol

Yeah, this too.

Confusion hax. Fuck confusion. Spinda is the most OP shit in the game.

That and paralysis.

I would swear I've had more 'hurt itself in its confusion' in a row in this game (as well as 4-5 turn sleep periods) than in any other gen.

Same here. They really are pushing it.

I missed an EQ on a 'mon because of hail evasion hax, then he got a critical and killed me. GG WP.

Hatchtag

Banned
I found a shiny pelipper while chaining for lucky eggs. Woohoo -_-

Wingull's the only Pokemon I've ever caught as a shiny without using a certain method (chaining, masuda, friend safari, etc.). Still have it on my Emerald version so I can one day deduce the SID from it and use it to get shinies through rng manipulation.

Cerity

Wait, what?

How does that work, you just let the dexnav reset itself instead of continually searching for the same pokemon, and it doesn't break the original search's chain?

Yep, it's just as long as you keep on running into pokemon that appear in the dexnav, you don't need to continuously search for a specific one. It's a good way of catching all the pokemon in a given area.

The chains only get broken if you leave the area, run into a random battle/trainer fight or scare one off.

You can test it yourself if you want, every 5th pokemon in the chain will be of higher level.

Wingull's the only Pokemon I've ever caught as a shiny without using a certain method (chaining, masuda, friend safari, etc.). Still have it on my Emerald version so I can one day deduce the SID from it and use it to get shinies through rng manipulation.

Gotten a number of shinies through wondertrade. Gotten a shiny magikarp and crawdaunt due to chain fishing out of boredom.

The only random encounter shiny I've had was a Graveller back in Pearl. That I now use as a Golem in my perma-post game team. (Also one of my prized multi-region champs)

WarAdept

I got a legit Panpour shiny from Wonder Trade, EV trained him just because I felt that he needed love.

I don't mind Simipour and Simisage actually looks alright. But my god.

600px-514Simisear.png

Metroidvania

Ugh. Can someone loan me a jolly synchronizer, lol. My recent batch had 3 bold, a calm, and 2 quirky.

I still didnt finish Pokemon X. Should i get the new version?

Did you play Ruby/Sapphire on the GBA? Did you like it? Do you like Megas?

If yes to all 3, (or at least the first two), I'd say go for it.

If you haven't, I'd have to ask why you haven't finished X. If you're burned out on Pokemon in X/Y, IMO, OR/AS aren't necessarily different enough to justify picking these up.

But then again, there are several interesting facets, such as secret bases, more legendaries available, soaring, etc....

They all look lame .-. So many lame pokemon from 5th gen.

Honestly, the worst part is that they require evo stones.

Top Bottom