• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

They all look lame .-. So many lame pokemon from 5th gen.

True.

That's what you get for basing a region off USA.

I kid, I kid.

Dream_Burn_Heal_Sprite.png

Off topic: MegaMence defense is ridiculous, mine is level 70 and he took a Giga Impact from Steven's
level 79 Mega Metagross,
without having full health, and didn't die.

I will now eat crow for laughing about GF upgrading his defense.

EDIT: Dear lord, Birch and
his wife. I laughed in real life.

WarAdept

True.

Dream_Burn_Heal_Sprite.png

Off topic: MegaMence defense is ridiculous, mine is level 70 and he took a Giga Impact from Steven's
level 79 Mega Metagross,
without having full health, and didn't die.

I will now eat crow for laughing about GF upgrading his defense.

MegaMence truly is broken. He doesn't need to invest EVs or Natures on offense because Aerilate already takes care of that. So you invest in defence. And you have fun becoming a destroyer of worlds...

...until you use MegaRay.

Wtf GameFreak.

Will be at just over 600 flags once it passes midnight.

Looking forward to getting Platinum this weekend and not having to do this shit anymore.

Will be at just over 600 flags once it passes midnight.

Looking forward to getting Platinum this weekend and not having to do this shit anymore.

has anyone found a way to circumvent the anti-farming measures? (the wait a day before you cna get flags, and the 24hr waiting period after changing the time)

Toxi

Banned
5th gen had best Pokemon, you guys are crazy.

Well, the legendaries and starters were ass, but everything else was awesome.

has anyone found a way to circumvent the anti-farming measures? (the wait a day before you cna get flags, and the 24hr waiting period after changing the time)
Not as far as I know.

It's not like it's needed anyways, I'm over halfway to Plat through normal methods and I've only been at it for a week.

WarAdept

5th gen had best Pokemon, you guys are crazy.

Well, the legendaries and starters were ass, but everything else was awesome.

I thought they had fantastic legendaries. Several competitively viable ones with nice designs and forme changes.

exhume

Hey all, I have two spare Australian Diancie codes lying around. Seems a shame to let them sit and wither into the ether, so the first two people to PM me can have 'em, though I'm at work right now and probably won't get around to it for a couple hours.

*I haven't tried to redeem them, but I can't promise 100% that they'll still work

Edit: Claimed!

how many secret bases do you have registered? Or is there a definitive hard limit? Last time I checked the limit seemed uncertain.
It's 30, but I update BuzzNav twice a day to overwrite old ones, tend to average around 15 new bases a day (there's no "wait a day" limit when you get bases from BuzzNav). I then get a bunch more flags from adding all the new peeps I get from BuzzNav as Secret Pals, talking to them to see if they have flags for me, and then telling them to go away so I can add some other people.

Toxi

Banned
I thought they had fantastic legendaries. Several competitively viable ones with nice designs and forme changes.
I feel they look ugly all around, with a few exceptions (Genesect).

But I love love love how everything else looks. Most of my favorite Pokemon are from Gen 5.

It's 30, but I update BuzzNav twice a day to overwrite old ones, tend to average around 15 new bases a day (there's no "wait a day" limit when you get bases from BuzzNav). I then get a bunch more flags from adding all the new peeps I get from BuzzNav as Secret Pals, talking to them to see if they have flags for me, and then telling them to go away so I can add some other people.

So how do you recieve bases via BuzzNav? just RNG?

Busaiku

Whimsicott, Cinccino, Dewott, Liepard, Joltik, Zorua, Reniclus, Cofagrigus, Jellicent, Chandelure, etc.
Unova had the best Pokemon selection easy.

Oh gosh...there's potentially more decorations in the game than I thought, even when looking at Serebii...

A secret base pals made me a yellow warp panel... For all we know there can be a bazillion more items just from what secret base pals can make.

Hatchtag

Banned
Gen 5 was awesome, but it also falls into why I was disappointed with Gen 6. It was meant to be really far away and unique, and it succeeded in that. But it needed a lot of its own Pokemon to do so. And then Gen 6 decided to do the whole far away from all previous regions thing again, and it tries to do it in less than half the Pokemon Gen 5 had. And while they're mostly good, I just think it was far too few for a region like that.
As for the legends, the only thing about Gen 5 that bugged me was that, aside from mythicals, they were all part of a trio of fairly similar Pokemon. Made it feel like there were less legendaries than there really were.

Toxi

Banned
Whimsicott, Cinccino, Dewott, Liepard, Joltik, Zorua, Reniclus, Cofagrigus, Jellicent, Chandelure, etc.
There are just so many cool Unova Pokemon. They all are bursting with personality and color. Hell, there were more awesome Bug types in Unova than most of the previous generations combined: Galvantula, Volcarona, Escavalier, Accelgor, Durant, Scolipede, Crustle, Leavanny, all badass. We even got our first real Bug legendary with Genesect.

You just connect to the internet, open up BuzzNav, and then click the cute mailbox icon. You'll typically get data from 27 to 29 players, though the range is technically a little larger than that.

Does the mailbox appear at a certain time? I've got no such icon. Sorry to hound you on this, but registering so many secret bases was starting to drive me mad.

Oh gosh...there's potentially more decorations in the game than I thought, even when looking at Serebii...

A secret base pals made me a yellow warp panel... For all we know there can be a bazillion more items just from what secret base pals can make.

There are almost definitely pal-exclusive items, but I'm not sure we know what they are yet.

WarAdept

The simple fact that BW2 had Hard Mode and a whole slew of content puts it at my favourite Pokemon game ever.

Back to ORAS, is there any faster way of farming soot other than running over the 3 piles just outside the glassmaker's house then reentering again?

I can count in my hands the number of pokemons that I cared about in gen 5 (from a beauty perspective): Reshiram, Zekrom, Genesect, Chandelure, Golurk, Ferrothorn. I could almost use one hand only.

The two trios are amongst the worst that I've ever seen.

But the games were good (BW2).

Hatchtag

Banned
The simple fact that BW2 had Hard Mode and a whole slew of content puts it at my favourite Pokemon game ever.

Back to ORAS, is there any faster way of farming soot other than running over the 3 piles just outside the glassmaker's house then reentering again?

I honestly thought this mode was easier than the normal mode. I don't feel the boost in opposing trainer's teams outweighed the extra experience from higher-leveled opponents.

Azuran

Banned

I love the rest, but Jellicent is an abomination that needs to disappear forever.

593Jellicent.png

Seriously, look at this thing! Just look at it. I feel my soul slowly leaving my body when I stare at it.

Toxi

Banned
I can count in my hands the number of pokemons that I cared about in gen 5 (from a beauty perspective): Reshiram, Zekrom, Genesect, Chandelure, Golurk, Ferrothorn. I could almost use one hand only.

No Volcarona or Galvantula? C'mon.

Crayolan

How could anyone not love Lilligant's design?

375px-549Lilligant.png

Too adorable to dislike.

That mustache is too majestic for me to hate.

that's not even a mustache bro

that's a fleshy extension of its face

imagine it without that thing. a giant blue ball of hatred, featureless except for its evil red eyes

you'd hug that mustache, wouldn't you? that's how he eats

Azuran

Banned

Zebstriska man. It's a freaking thunder zebra. Its species name is "Thunderbolt". What more can you want?

523Zebstrika.png

No love for the Klink line?

I knew somebody would mention that. Only the first one, the rest is not as good. Still like my man Magnemite more (though in my mind Magnezone does not exist).

Zebstriska man. It's a freaking thunder zebra. Its species name is "Thunderbolt". What more can you want?

If somebody described it to me I would like, but seeing the design it isn't all that to me.

Though gen 5 gave me Golurk, a friggin' flying golem. I couldn't ask for more.

Yrael

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Safari Zone yet with Pokemon like Pyroar, Girafarig, Donphan, Zebstrika, Liepard, Sandile, Hippodon, Rhyhorn and Mightyena.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Hey all, I have two spare Australian Diancie codes lying around. Seems a shame to let them sit and wither into the ether, so the first two people to PM me can have 'em, though I'm at work right now and probably won't get around to it for a couple hours.

*I haven't tried to redeem them, but I can't promise 100% that they'll still work

Sent you a PM (I think, stupid mobile)

I hate being stuck with Kadabra vs Virizion for my syncmon. Anybody online who wants to help me evolve it to alakazam?
Edit: nvm, server is down xP

Top Bottom