• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Actually, upon digging around, the yellow warp panel should be a gold rank item in the shop. (Got it while at silver woo!)

Also you can get master ball's from secret pals if you're lucky o_O

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
How does the logistics of DexNav work?

I know the basics (tread softly, encounter raises level which raises chances of rarer stuff like HAs, egg moves and three star Potentials), but I am talking about the "encounter" rate.

Like when it can't find a pokemon when you search, does moving one step resets the search, or do you have to move a bit more farther? Or is it random that even if you stood still after a no result search, you'd eventually get one? Also the fact that you can move around while searching makes me wonder when the search is initiated.

Also wat, I thought Cute Charm would prevent me from getting opposite gender, but I got a female Ralts while Navving.

JoeM86

B31oQSPCQAAIp3O.png

My new secret base :)

lupinko

I'm SRing for shiny timid Latias in AS, it's nice that it's 100% sync, and while I did some today, I ev trained about 60% level 5 DR Adamant Dialga and Modest Thundurus-T both who will go to my OR game.

I'll be in Southern Island for awhile I guess. LOL

ubiblu

As a diehard pokemon fan since the original Japanese green / red, this is the first time I just haven't been fussed progressing through the game. Maybe it's the source material not being as strong. Most likely, it's because I find Yokai Watch (2) to be infinitely more enjoyable. Sigh...

Styles

I've been SRing for a shiny Latias the whole day today. My thumbs..

I'll give this one more day then I am done... Or when I find one with perfect IVs.

Champion beat. Was using a +2 Atk, +1 SpA level 52 (ended 54) Mega Swampert a bit much...probably, as everything except Skarmory was a OHKO.

ORAS elite four clears seems to count towards the third Pokemon in friend safari on XY.

Man, I don't get it. Why does Ho-oh and Lugia get their HGSS themes but Suicune, Entei and Raikou get their Gold and Silver themes?
In Crystal all legendary Pokemon had the same music theme (in GS there was no legendary theme). An arrangement of that was used for Suicune, Entei and Raikou but the arrangement had variants based on each one. I guess they went with the GBC one as other legendary trios only get one theme.

Glad to see so many music options for online mp. However Serebii lists the Tao trio theme as one song, when each have a slightly unique theme.
The file is named "bgm sg vs zekrom" so that suggests it is the Zekrom version but I'm not familiar enough with the tracks.

I feel the Gen V music variants is something that won't return to the series (how route music varies with each season etc...as Gamefreak would say it is a Unova feature).

Told myself to just skip ORAS because I already bought too many games this year but I couldn't resist it so I bought it anyway. I'm such a weak person.

Btw I really love the intro. It was a charming way to start a game :)

Lexxism

Damn, I'm having a hard time getting my desired nature for Kyogre especially with all of these cutscenes. Just want to make sure, if I happen to defeat kyogre I can still get it after Elite 4 right? At least that's what I read somewhere.

Muku

Latias, it's been almost 3 1/2 days. I know I have to be strong to prove this to you, but for the love of god let me progress through the game. I'm so obsessed over this being shiny I can't move on. ;_;

JoeM86

Damn, I'm having a hard time getting my desired nature for Kyogre especially with all of these cutscenes. Just want to make sure, if I happen to defeat kyogre I can still get it after Elite 4 right? At least that's what I read somewhere.

Yep yep

Styles

Latias, it's been almost 3 1/2 days. I know I have to be strong to prove this to you, but for the love of god let me progress through the game. I'm so obsessed over this being shiny I can't move on. ;_;

The fact that we have to endure 3+ minutes of dialogue and a battle every single time makes the process way more tedious than it should be.

Muku

Stefan™;141251290 said:
The fact that we have to endure 3+ minutes of dialogue and a battle every single time makes the process way more tedious than it should be.

I know that's what is irritating.

NO STEVEN! I do not want you to heal me afterward. Only Ralts is dead and that is for a reason.
WHY STEVEN! Why do you have to give me the
Mega Bracelet
right now?
DAMNIT STEVEN! Shut up and leave me alone already. ;_;

Reminds me of SRing for decent IVs on Diancie this summer.

Blue-kun

Man, that Super Singles Battle Maison... haha. I guess I'm not the best of players, but twice have I been stopped in my tracks on Battle 34.

Worst part is that this 2nd one is kinda like, totally my fault. I'm running Assault Vest Raikou, M-Gyarados and Magic Guard Calm Mind Clefable, due to a series of bad plays and overall bad luck lost both Raikou and Clefable while only being able to take down one of the opponent's Pokemon. Then sent Gyarados and he sends out Poliwrath. I'm thinking "he won't use fighting moves on me because of the flying resist" and decide to mega to Dragon Dance, but... yeah, Focus Punched, lol. He still survived, with like 23 HP, but then the Braviary that came after it was either Scarfed or had +Spe nature and could even outspeed Gyarados at +1 after the DD.

All in all, pretty disappointing end to a run that was going very well.

Muku

The Pokemon you can kill first time through and get again later are
Kyogre/Groudon, Rayquaza, and Deoxys
correct?

Yrael

The Pokemon you can kill first time through and get again later are
Kyogre/Groudon, Rayquaza, and Deoxys
correct?

You have to catch Rayquaza when you first meet it (it's part of the plot - if you make it faint it'll simply respawn immediately and you have to battle it again), but you can catch the others again later down the track if you faint them.

Muku

You have to catch Rayquaza when you first meet it (it's part of the plot - if you make it faint it'll simply respawn immediately and you have to battle it again), but you can catch the others again later down the track if you faint them.

Ah okay. Good to know, thank you. I thought it might be required but wasn't sure.

I take it idea is its still shiny locked?

Yrael

Ah okay. Good to know, thank you. I thought it might be required but wasn't sure.

I take it idea is its still shiny locked?

Yeah, it seems as though those four are probably the only ones shiny-locked (though no-one knows with 100% certainty yet).

I completely forgot Eelektross, aka Eelekboss, aka a giant flying electric lamprey with sucker arms

250px-604Eelektross.png

I don't like this guy at all because by all accounts he should be a water type, looks like a water type, lives in water, and seems that his sole existence in life is to troll children who use a grass or electric move on him. He's a confusing design and breaks a lot of the usual type identifiers Gamefreak uses. Other than Elektross, pretty much every other Pokemon in the game can at least have one of its types identified just from appearance, if not both their types (if they have them). A Pokemon shouldn't be designed on the assumption of "lol he isn't water, noobs" That's poor design. The actual Pokemon however, is fine, he looks cool, but his typing combined with his design ruin him for me.

Galvantula's Line, Zebstrika's Line, Chandelure's Line, and a couple others are ok in my book. The vast majority of Black and White's Pokemon are just fillers to port in holes left by gutting every iconic Pokemon (and look like it), which ruined the entire game for me. That, and the graphics were absolutely hideous. If the game was old Pokemon + Galvantula and the other great and unique designs from Black/White the game would have been a lot better.

X and Y trimmed the waste from Black/White and it made me like those Pokemon a lot more when I wasn't encountering clear knock offs of much better designed Pokemon for the sake of being new.

I know that Pokemon games are really about the end-game to people our age but I really would love a longer-lasting game, completed this far too quickly.

Now to hunt down all the Mega-Evolutions, attempt (and fail) to complete the Pokedex and catch as many Legendaries as I can without running out of money for Ultra Balls.

Top Bottom