• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Hatchtag

Banned
Don't forget, if you play within the first few months you'll get some absurdly powerful event Pokemon that will be way overpowered throughout the game just by the nature of the Pokemon (Speed Boost Torchic and Beldum in general).

And the demo will get you a Pokemon that won't obey you but it doesn't matter because it's 10x higher level than anything in the game and can just brute force the game.

I actually had to limit myself. They make it way too easy to get overpowered Pokemon right off the bat. I even feel wrong using Glalie now, even if he's lower leveled than my other Pokemon.

What was hilarious to me was when they force you to catch a Rayquaza that is automatically Mega for your fight against Deoxys. One extremespeed got it into the red. If I used its stab attacks, it would've OHKO'd it. Don't give me that shit, Gamefreak. Make there be actual work for it.

I started Sapphire today and picked Mudkip, just like I did in 2002. I'm thinking I should restart and pick Treeko instead.. there's too many water types to pick from and I'm not a huge Blaziken fan.

Caladrius

I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue and probably have 5,000+ hours in games post Gold and Silver and I have seen exactly one wild shiny. Onix in Silver, but I didn't notice it was shiny until I watched its health bar trickle down as I one shotted it...

I have never seen a (wild) shiny in a "modern" Pokemon game (one I could transfer forward). My only shinies are Pichu, Gyarados, Raikou and Beldum and all are event Pokemon (or in game in Gyarados' case).

If it makes you feel any better, the only wild I've ever seen was a red gyarados in the friend safari. It had horrible stats.

For those wondering, the Lati@s that the game forces to join your team comes in a regular pokéball, despite your pokeball inventory. I sold all of my inventory but Premier Balls to see if it would use one and it didn't.

Got a calm nature with 31/x31/x31/x though so it's all good.

DaBoss

Finally got a Landorus I'm pleased with. Took very long. I even asked someone else to do it for a while lol.

Landorus (Adamant): 28 - 29 / 31 / 28 - 29 / 20 - 23 / 31 / 31

Azuran

Banned
I really don't know why I am SRing for a shiny Reshiram, I'm not even going to use it.

This is why I don't bother with SR and it feels so good. I never battle with ubers, so SR is pointless for me. All my legendaries could be 1/1/1/1/1/1 for all I care.

So refreshing.

This is why I don't bother with SR and it feels so good. I never battle with ubers, so SR is pointless for me. All my legendaries could be 1/1/1/1/1/1 for all I care.

So refreshing.

I'm not a Ubers player though, I just like shinies. I almost soft reseted for a shiny Castform, but I saw that it wasn't worth it.

Yrael

Shiny Reshiram does look pretty cool.

Spr_5b_643_s.png

Compared to:

Spr_5b_643.png

DaBoss

So refreshing.
Well in Battle Spot Ranked Battles you can use legendaries like Zapdos, Landorus, Heatran, and etc. are usable and are pretty good.

I don't deal with any Smogon formats.
Can you trade Contest Pikachu? I want a 6IV one. Too bad it can't be shiny.
Pretty sure Contest Pikachu is locked to the game.

Shiny Reshiram does look pretty cool.

Spr_5b_643_s.png

Compared to:

Spr_5b_643.png

I think that shiny Zekrom looks even better, tbh. Though both normal versions are quite good, pure white and pure black still look mighty fine to me. It would be fun if shiny Reshiram was black and shiny Zekrom was white.

Non Shiny

Spr_5b_644.png

Shiny
Spr_5b_644_s.png

Muku

Shiny Latias Timid 31/5-8/0-3/31/31/31

Keep? I already have a Shiny Latias from PokeTransport but I feel like that 0 Defense IV is gonna screw me over. 18 SRs.

I would keep it, but that's mainly because at this point in time I'm willing to take any shiny Latias. On day 4 now.

MicH

Count me as another person resetting for a shiny Latias. Doing it for the Eon ticket one, though, do it is a bit quicker than the one given to you

And yeah, shiny Reshiram looks absolutely amazing

Hatchtag

Banned
Figured out what I'll be naming my Zoroark. It's gonna be glorious to be able to say "You expected Meloetta, but it was me, Dio!"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Is there no Ribbons for the non-Master Ranks?

So, there's no in-game way to keep track of which Pokemon won which Contests?

Is there no Ribbons for the non-Master Ranks?

So, there's no in-game way to keep track of which Pokemon won which Contests?

Contests ranks aren't pokemon tracked but trainer. Once you hit Master all your pokemon can go to Master. Only when the pokemon wins master does a ribbon appear for that pokemon

Korosenai

So, I want to get a jolly Rayauaza. What would I have to do to have this happen? Get a synchronizer Pokemon? I've never used one before so im not quite sure how they work or what to do with one.

So, I want to get a jolly Rayauaza. What would I have to do to have this happen? Get a synchronizer Pokemon? I've never used one before so im not quite sure how they work or what to do with one.

Yes get a synchro with the jolly nature and put it on the first slot of the party. It does not have to be alive, so you can use a dead low level synchronizer.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yes, and put them in front of your team before the battle; it can be Dead or Alive. You will have a 50% chance of same nature.

entremet

I think that shiny Zekrom looks even better, tbh. Though both normal versions are quite good, pure white and pure black still look mighty fine to me. It would be fun if shiny Reshiram was black and shiny Zekrom was white.

Non Shiny

Spr_5b_644.png

Shiny
Spr_5b_644_s.png

In before Garchomp.

Crayolan

Do synchronisers work with gift pokemon? I still haven't accepted the gift Beldum or my Diancie so it'd be cool if I could cut down the SR count.

Korosenai

Yes get a synchro with the jolly nature and put it on the first slot of the party. It does not have to be alive, so you can use a dead low level synchronizer.

Yes, and put them in front of your team before the battle; it can be Dead or Alive. You will have a 50% chance of same nature.
Is ralts the best synchronizer? Would I need to have a jolly nature lead against one to get a jolly synchronizer?

Shun

HOOOLY SHIT IT HAPPENED

SHINY LATIAS! Oh my GOD IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL

Time to catch it!

I hope you get your IV and nature of choice.

And no, Synchro does not work with Mystery Gift Pokemon. Stupid Diancie codes not having guaranteed 3IVs...

Watch Da Birdie

Oh man, DexNav is awesome for my in-game team...

See, I only had one member so far, Marshtomp, who was like 28-some and I was worried everyone would be way behind...but like three easy chains, and I caught an Electrike, Gulpin, and Numel all around Level 25, and with great attacks. Nice.

Now I just gotta get Spoink and Cacnea. Can you use the DexNav in the desert?

one_kill

Finished my living dex! Now I can get back to playing ORAS. I'm headed for the fourth gym.

Btw, does anyone know when I'll get the Amulet Coin?

Caladrius

See, I only had one member so far, Marshtomp, who was like 28-some and I was worried everyone would be way behind...but like three easy chains, and I caught an Electrike, Gulpin, and Numel all around Level 25, and with great attacks. Nice.

Yes. It can take a few tries though because there's not a lot of searchable sand.

Azuran

Banned

You can use DexNav anywhere but bring a repel on the desert since they move.

Finished my living dex! Now I can get back to playing ORAS. I'm headed for the fourth gym.

Btw, does anyone know when I'll get the Amulet Coin?

Talk to your mother after humiliating your father.

Watch Da Birdie

So, they sort of changed the goals of Team Aqua and Team Magma to be less "water vs. fire durr" to, like, the power of nature vs. human development? Just met Archie a bit ago and it seems like they were going for that now more so.

MicH

Oh YES CAUGHT IT. Had to waste my master ball because it didn't stay in any of my luxury balls and I didn't bring status :( It was at 1 HP and after 40 turns I knew it was running out of PP, so I master balled it.

It IS Timid :D IVs:

Latias - #380 (Timid)
HP: 4 - 6
Att: 10 - 13
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 24 - 26
Speed: 31

What a beaut. The only bad thing is the low HP IVs, but everything else is pretty much perfect. YAY!

EDIT aaand a picture!

Muku

Oh YES CAUGHT IT. Had to waste my master ball because it didn't stay in any of my luxury balls and I didn't bring status :( It was at 1 HP and after 40 turns I knew it was running out of PP, so I master balled it.

It IS Timid :D IVs:

Latias - #380 (Timid)
HP: 4 - 6
Att: 10 - 13
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 24 - 26
Speed: 31

What a beaut. The only bad thing is the low HP IVs, but everything else is pretty much perfect. YAY!

Yeah, that's what I fear when I get my Eon ticket. The jerk will finally come up shiny and won't stay in balls I want. Though totally worth the Masterball. Quite nice on stats too! Sure, the HP is low, but fact it came in shiny form is worth it.

Edit: How many SRs approx. it take ya?

MicH

Yeah, that's what I fear when I get my Eon ticket. The jerk will finally come up shiny and won't stay in balls I want. Though totally worth the Masterball. Quite nice on stats too! Sure, the HP is low, but fact it came in shiny form is worth it.

Edit: How many SRs approx. it take ya?
I didn't count, but I did time it. Took me just under four hours combined and each encounter was about 30 seconds. So somewhere about 480. I have the shiny charm do that might have helped.

Top Bottom