• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

mmk Rotom-W,Mawile,and Azumarill are all EV trained
tomorrow is Kangaskhan,Gible,and Bagon
then to level them with Blissey after i get some eggs

Cider

Hi guys, I'm new here. :)
So I bought OR last week but didn't really play it. For some weird reasons I just wanted to breed a good team in X and transfer them all to OR to start my adventure right. I played all three RSE games when I was little and I remember them fondly.
Anyway, long story short, I was breeding for a 5IV Scyther the other night (early morning really) and around the 9th egg I was like "Hm maybe I need to go to bed but I'm pretty sure those parts are pink." So I grabbed my phone, Googled it, and HOLY SHIT I just hatched a shiny pokemon. My first real shiny aside from red Gyarados and shiny Beldum, lol. Now she's a cute, 5IV green Scizor ready to be EV trained <3
I'm debating whether or not I should try for shiny Larvitar because golden Tyranitar is so pretty *__*

one_kill

Hi guys, I'm new here. :)
So I bought OR last week but didn't really play it. For some weird reasons I just wanted to breed a good team in X and transfer them all to OR to start my adventure right. I played all three RSE games when I was little and I remember them fondly.
Anyway, long story short, I was breeding for a 5IV Scyther the other night (early morning really) and around the 9th egg I was like "Hm maybe I need to go to bed but I'm pretty sure those parts are pink." So I grabbed my phone, Googled it, and HOLY SHIT I just hatched a shiny pokemon. My first real shiny aside from red Gyarados and shiny Beldum, lol. Now she's a cute, 5IV green Scizor ready to be EV trained <3
I'm debating whether or not I should try for shiny Larvitar because golden Tyranitar is so pretty *__*
Well if you're in it for the long run, then do it. Otherwise, don't kill your enthusiasm to play by MMing a shiny Larvitar.

I would always recommend playing the single player component first before getting into breeding, training, and battling, and completing the Pokedex.

Muku

Yeah, I'd beat the game first. Bicycle, shiny charm, oval charm (is that in this one too?), flying. Though might be good to bring over a Talonflame for hatching.

Welcome GAF and Pokemon community. :)

JoeM86

So, I just got made aware of something mindblowing, if legit. Need to share it somewhere because it's making me lose my mind.

Ok, so someone noted a weird framed map in the south-eastern house in Dewford Town
dewfordmap.png

Looks weird, right? Well someone on GameFAQs noticed it looked somewhat like this
pokearth.jpg

This is a small version of a large map a friend & I made for my site's Pokéarth section (location database). It contains the main game regions Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn, Sevii Islands as well as side game regions Orre (in north west, the big desert), Fiore, Almia and Oblivia. My friend made the DP versions of the other regions and I placed them together in a large map

Now, let's flip that
pokearthflip.jpg

And resize it to match the image's size in Dewford as much as possible. Pixel resize rather than bilinear/bicubic resample to keep colour as much as possible

saywhat.png

The resemblance is utterly uncanny. It's hard to dismiss this as a coincidence, and I am shocked. Going to investigate this further as there has to be a more logical explanation. If it is mine or based on mine, I am ecstatic and honoured that something I made will exist forever in a Pokémon game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Count me as another person resetting for a shiny Latias. Doing it for the Eon ticket one, though, do it is a bit quicker than the one given to you

And yeah, shiny Reshiram looks absolutely amazing
Quick question: can you save once Lati@s is visible in the overworld, or is it locked as soon as it becomes visible? Saving right beside him will save like 3 seconds of entering the nwxt area and running up to him.

I imagine the IVs are random for the postgame
Camerupt and Sharpedo
though the natures seemed logical enough
Quiet and Adamant
. If not then
no wonder you're an ex Team Magma Grunt, that Camerupt is awful
(IVs: 5, 6, 7 / 0 / 8, 9 / 10 / 1 / 5, 6, 7).

Also another thing I noticed the Unown appearing on a mirage Island (at least I'm assuming what the one that I received via wonder trade was) don't seem to have 3 perfect IVs. Doers Dexnav overwrite the undiscovered egg group=3 perfect IVs rule or in Unown the exception? Well I can see Unown being the exception because if they did have 3 perfect IVs then it would mean they can not have HP fighting as all the valid HP fighting spreads have two or less odd IVs.

Just put some EVs into Breloom to get the speed to 143.

I always go for 1 less stat point for speed.

And yea, I'm stealing the SR for IVs luck. :p
Of course I could use EVs *facepalm*

sooo for some reason I can't get the legendary dogs. I have Ho-Oh in my party, and managed to run into Raikou but I reset because I ran out of balls and now it won't let me interact with the ring. Any idea what's wrong.
That trio are on a 20 minute timer (Raikou is xx:00 to xx:20), all I can think is the game makes a unique island for each and you're still on the Raikou Island.

For those wondering, the Lati@s that the game forces to join your team comes in a regular pokéball, despite your pokeball inventory. I sold all of my inventory but Premier Balls to see if it would use one and it didn't.

Got a calm nature with 31/x31/x31/x though so it's all good.
I think only Shedinja in some gens has actually consumed Pokeballs (I think the games now still check for balls in your inventory and won't give you Shedinja is you have none).

So, I want to get a jolly Rayauaza. What would I have to do to have this happen? Get a synchronizer Pokemon? I've never used one before so im not quite sure how they work or what to do with one.
Yes get a synchro with the jolly nature and put it on the first slot of the party. It does not have to be alive, so you can use a dead low level synchronizer.
I'd add that to turn EXP all off as you're automatically fully healed for the battles that follow you don't want your sychroniser leveled now do you *looks at level 38 Jolly Alakazam*.

Does anyone know if it's possible to pass down Dream Ball/Precious Ball?
Dream Balls do pass down. Cherish and Master are the only ones that don't.

Joqu

What the fuck is up with the constant ticking noise during the Route 113 track? I thought my 3DS was glitching out but it turns out it's intentional. Someone tell me what it's supposed to be, it sounds incredibly annoying. :(

The Groudon encounter just became my favorite legendary encounter scene of any game. Aside from the scene itself, the legendary encounter music hit my nostalgia button out of nowhere, hah

lupinko

You SRing them all at once? I decided to play some Pokemon TCG on my iPad while SRing my Latias. Still bored.

Yep, I ran into 11 reset bags in X eshop super training, and I'm too lazy to bring shiny lonely palkia, shiny mild Lugia and shiny careful hooh from Pearl to gen 6. Actually I want the latter two to win sinnoh before leaving. LOL

Pearl is in front of Gigas for that shiny RNG.

Muku

I'm afraid by time I get a shiny, I'm going to be so dazed by this experience I'm going to SR reset without noticing. >_>

Maybe after dinner and Christmas movie time Latias. Please. ;_;

one_kill

Does anyone have a spare non-competitive Meloetta? Can offer event Pokemon. PM if interested.

Also, if that map is legit, that's pretty mind-blowing

Yrael

*sigh*

It'd be nice to be able to get a Jirachi that isn't named something like "Ebola Nigger," "FUCK YOU" or "ANALSEX." :/

Muku

*sigh*

It'd be nice to be able to get a Jirachi that isn't named something like [...] :/

How and why'd that come about? I don't get what seems like random names on Jirachi. I guess it's because folks can put it up but not actually trade it?

spiritfox

Ugh, died to Drake on his last Pokemon due to a lucky flinch and a lucky crit. Flygon too powerful.

Is it me or does Victory Road seem way shorter now?

Ah thank goodness Wednesday is Cobalion. You see I just figured that Virizion is immune to Spore...I'm thinking just using Nuzzle & super fang instead with a Pacharisu as other sleep moves are frustrating (Yawn has delay, Hypnosis misses).

It is a shame Imposter Ditto doesn't let you check stats (in XY battle spot at least the summary is just the Ditto stats).

How and why'd that come about? I don't get what seems like random names on Jirachi. I guess it's because folks can put it up but not actually trade it?
Profanity check only occurred upon nicknaming a Pokemon. So if you could modify the nickname without using that screen you could bypass the check.

That's still there? :V
It seems Gamefreak don't have a delete option on GTS and giving people hacked mythicals to get rid of it hardly solves the problem.

Muku

Profanity check only occurred upon nicknaming a Pokemon. So if you could modify the nickname without using that screen you could bypass the check.

Yeah, I know that, but why now all of a sudden? Was something removed that allowed that? And why the same names even. Ugh.

lupinko

*sigh*

It'd be nice to be able to get a Jirachi that isn't named something like "Ebola Nigger," "FUCK YOU" or "ANALSEX." :/

Is this being done with Powersaves? Because buying a japanese console and game and cyber gadget cheat device just to do hacks like that is a lot of money burned.

Yrael

I'm not sure how they're managing it - I've been looking for answers behind this and so far it does seem that the likely method was Cyber Gadget. I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been fixed yet. :/

Tried to get a Diancie by trading meloetta or keldeo or whatever. But no go because they are special. So what? I can trade them locally!

I hate that system and our peoples (dutch) way of trying to make money on EVERYTHING. We could only get it by buying the game before it released and hoping ther would be enough pamflets. (There weren't)

lupinko

I'm not sure how they're managing it - I've been looking for answers behind this and so far it does seem that the likely method was Cyber Gadget. I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been fixed yet. :/

Actually I read up on it, people with flashcarts and lower fw 3ds can also use pkhex (gen 6 pokegen).

That actually makes more sense than importing a console, game and cheat device.

Linius

Where on Route 119 is the Feebas bridge?

It's blocked by some rocks to the north. I haven't figured out yet how to get there. If you go past that little house where you can heal your pokemon you'll see the bridge. But how to reach it by water? No clue. Maybe you need waterfall and can it only be approached from the other side.

It's blocked by some rocks to the north. I haven't figured out yet how to get there. If you go past that little house where you can heal your pokemon you'll see the bridge. But how to reach it by water? No clue. Maybe you need waterfall and can it only be approached from the other side.

I found it! It's just past the weather institute. Time to try and catch a shiny Feebas.

Top Bottom