• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

ffdgh

Dexnav chaining is much more fun than expected...and easier than poke radar. I hope it comes back in future games.

Linius

Well time to call it a night. After exactly 21 hours I'm at the halfway point to Fortree City with the following team:

Metang - Lv. 37
Camerupt - Lv. 35
Manetric - Lv. 32
Grovyle - Lv. 30
Swablu - Lv. 28
Carvanha - Lv. 25

Will train Grovyle a lot on the many water roads that will follow. Gonna need to find a decent spot to train Swably and Carvanha though, can't have them too far behind. This will be my definite story team.

First Master win in a contest and a fan gives me the destiny knot

Yessssssssss

Poke Gaf on a lucky strike tonight, congrats!

lupinko

I'm surprised that more people haven't become "Pokemonned out" like I have. The games are so repetitive and structured that it becomes a drag after a while if you've played a lot of Pokemon.

I used to get excited about them, but don't anymore.

I treat the games like wow or Diablo, basically I loot whore in the pokemon games now besides all the breeding, trading, and occasional online battle.

So with that mindset the games are no longer repetitive for me. It helps but it's also somewhat a negative since this becomes the only thing I play nowadays, well besides other pokemon games.

I can also play multiple games at the same time, which I did yesterday, super training in X while SRing for shiny timid Latias in AS and shiny Zapdos in LG.

With regards to super training I've farmed 9 reset bags already. Lol

That shiny jolly pachirisu I caught is great for farming bags.

What the fuck did they do to the 7th gym leader? I needed two turns for that shit, why did they make it easier?

I might have even gotten it in 1 turn if I didn't focus one at a time.

It is basically bedtime so I'll call it done with this Jolly Terrakion:
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 26 - 29 / 16, 17 / 31
It was trolling me with high special attack IVs all the time as well so that seems like a fitting end.

I also can't say enough how useful it was having a 139 Speed Pokémon (140 speed is max for Jolly Terrakion so if you go first it is too slow). Shame I don't have anything like that for other legendaries yet.

Also a criticism of myself. Put leftovers on the spore lead. It will help in spending less turns using healing items.

I found a glitch with casting o-powers to players nearby as well which essentially gave me eternal capture power. I would cast capture o-power level 3 on Y system, receive on ORAS system. If I needed to reset due to IVs once PSS had rebooted I would receive the o-power again. Putting the Y system to sleep stops this behavior.

Waiting for nearby players to show up is a bit slower than opening the o-power menu and casting on yourself but I've not leveled o-powers at all on this OR cart.

If this is true I think it's a recent change? I remember trying to catch some pokemon asap because I didn't want them to start Struggling.
I'm pretty sure struggle is still a thing and seeing it use the same move over and over is because all the other moves had 0PP. Considering cosmic power has 20PP and Deoxys has 40PP total (20/10/5/5) and Hyper Beam has recharge (a turn where no PP is used) essentially makes it 45 turns.

Now something like Lugia only has 20PP (4 moves with 5PP) so is at real risk of struggling (another reason why sleep>paralysis).

Just caught Deoxys with a timer ball, I wanted to keep my Master ball, but I feared I had to do all the cutscenes/battles again if I failed.
Took me like 30 turn, in the end he keeps using same attack so I guess he ran out of PPs.
I didn't know Struggle stop making pokémons kill themselve (I think?) >.<
Deoxys like Groudon and Kyogre does respawn after clearing the elite four (again). I wish Gamefreak were better at telling players if this would happen.

Takashi

So I turned on streetpass for the first time a few nights ago, but since then I've left my 3ds at home turned off the whole time. I start playing AS today and it says I passed 29 people? Lol is that possible cause I'm fairly sure I've read streetpass doesn't work if the 3ds is off.

Hatchtag

Banned
What the fuck did they do to the 7th gym leader? I needed two turns for that shit, why did they make it easier?

I might have even gotten it in 1 turn if I didn't focus one at a time.

They used the Ruby and Sapphire team instead of the Emerald team. Because they chose to almost completely ignore Emerald's upgrades.

So I turned on streetpass for the first time a few nights ago, but since then I've left my 3ds at home turned off the whole time. I start playing AS today and it says I passed 29 people? Lol is that possible cause I'm fairly sure I've read streetpass doesn't work if the 3ds is off.
Those are not streetpasses. I believe that connecting to the Internet will update buzznav.

You would have known if it was streetpasses as on the home menu a green circle would be on the bottom-right corner of the game icon.

Oh great, my XL's screens are crapping out on me. Anybody ever seen both top and bottom flicker?
Having power save on exhibits a sort of flicker effect.

DaBoss

Anyway maybe this am I just getting unlucky with coin flips or does Sychromise work a lot less than 50% now for a fainted lead? I had problems with Rayquaza earlier and I'm having problems with Tornadus now. I noticed now that my Breloom has 139 speed so I can reset a lot more quickly now (if it attacks and I outspeed then it is not Timid or if it is Timid the speed IV is below 24...maybe I should come back in a few levels to narrow it more).
Just put some EVs into Breloom to get the speed to 143.

I always go for 1 less stat point for speed.

And yea, I'm stealing the SR for IVs luck. :p

EDIT: This seems like it would be good enugh, but I feel like I could do better.

Landorus (Adamant) : 31 / 24 - 25 / 31 / 31 / 24 - 25 / 31

Takashi

Those are not streetpasses. I believe that connecting to the Internet will update buzznav.

You would have known if it was streetpasses as on the home menu a green circle would be on the bottom-right corner of the game icon.

Ohhh, well that makes a whole lot more sense. Figured those being streetpasses was too good to be true lol. Thanks for clarifying that.

I'm assuming the secret bases updating were those from the passerbys then? That night was pretty much the first time I decided to connect to the internet on AS, so I have little idea what it all entails aside from battle/wondertrading.

Acrylic7

route 116.
Dexnav says that I have seen every Pokemon in that area, but I checked Serebii and it says that Eevee is in this area.

Am I missing something?

Having power save on exhibits a sort of flicker effect.
I don't have a power save, but I did take out and reinsert my Sd card and that fixed it. Which doesn't make sense to me because my AS is the cart version.

Seil

route 116.
Dexnav says that I have seen every Pokemon in that area, but I checked Serebii and it says that Eevee is in this area.

Am I missing something?

What's the crown?

There are four tiers: bronze, silver, gold and platinum. Each tier means you've seen/obtained everything available via a certain method on that route with platinum meaning truly everything.

Methods include tall grass/cave, fishing, surfing, diving and "foreign" pokemon(these won't appear until you acquire the national dex - Eevee would be one such Pokemon).

Edit: To further clarify, Eevee and other Pokemon that work like that, only appear via DexNav or the events that set off the DexNav like shaking grass. And only after acquiring the National Dex.

I don't have a power save, but I did take out and reinsert my Sd card and that fixed it. Which doesn't make sense to me because my AS is the cart version.

I think they meant the power saver feature of the 3ds, rather than the cheat device.

Acrylic7

What's the crown?

There are four tiers: bronze, silver, gold and platinum. Each tier means you've seen/obtained everything available via a certain method on that route with platinum meaning truly everything.

Methods include tall grass/cave, fishing, surfing, diving and "foreign" pokemon(these won't appear until you acquire the national dex - Eevee would be one such Pokemon).

:mad: Fucking Gamefreak (&#12494; &#12444;&#1044;&#12444;)&#12494; &#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat the Elite 4 and became the new champion. Man, the credits... What a great game this was.

Now on to Episode Delta.

Takashi

They used the Ruby and Sapphire team instead of the Emerald team. Because they chose to almost completely ignore Emerald's upgrades.

Just got done beating them. I thought the last few gym leaders were supposed to be a little harder or something. It's just disappointing why they wouldn't go with the third version extras for this game like they did HG/SS.

#justgamefreakthings

Damn, just realized the Bagon I imported from X is Jolly, and I have no modest or timid left.

Oh well, guess I can roll with this one, not like I'm gonna be competitive anyway.

Top Bottom