• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

lupinko

I want my pentagon shiny timid Lati@s so they can hang out with my Emerald shiny mild Lati@s. :/

Still SRing for mine, on the flip side I got 9 reset bags in X now and both Level 5 DR Adamant Dialga and Modest Thundurus-T are almost completely EV trained. I'll be sending them to OR.

I'm thinking about going Timid Jirachi and Calm Celebi for that one. Also started EV training a Modest DR Palkia too.

MicH

Oh cool, you actually get a medal for meeting a shiny in the wild on Pokemon-GL. My very first shiny legendary too! I usually never SR for them to be shiny

Fuck spriritomb. What were they thinking adding a faint itself move to Pokemon that can be caught once -_- I raged and SR the game to find out the last time I saved was an hour ago

Joey Ravn

Banned
I got my Eon Pass yesterday, just before going to bed. Homepass is a lifesaver :D I'll carry my 3DS around town and spread the love.

Shun

Oh cool, you actually get a medal for meeting a shiny in the wild on Pokemon-GL. My very first shiny legendary too! I usually never SR for them to be shiny

Did you use any O-Powers to increase catch rate?

I love that they added the feature for people who want to catch with certain ball instead of making us use Monster/Super/Hyper/Dark Ball.

I'm trying to find a Dive Ball in ORAS since I want to catch Kyogre with it.

I wish we still had access to Gen II Ball.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

I love that they added the feature for people who want to catch with certain ball instead of making us use Monster/Super/Hyper/Dark Ball.

Fallarbor Town

MicH

I didn't because it would prolong the SR time, but I definitely will for future encounters where I'm not SR'ing like crazy.

Linius

Oh YES CAUGHT IT. Had to waste my master ball because it didn't stay in any of my luxury balls and I didn't bring status :( It was at 1 HP and after 40 turns I knew it was running out of PP, so I master balled it.

It IS Timid :D IVs:

Latias - #380 (Timid)
HP: 4 - 6
Att: 10 - 13
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 24 - 26
Speed: 31

What a beaut. The only bad thing is the low HP IVs, but everything else is pretty much perfect. YAY!

EDIT aaand a picture!

Damn, looks awesome man. Think I'm gonna do this for my Latios. That's my Eon ticket one.

Seil

Fuck spriritomb. What were they thinking adding a faint itself move to Pokemon that can be caught once -_- I raged and SR the game to find out the last time I saved was an hour ago

Well, I mean, there are plenty of us that could've bred you one, plus they're available in the Friend Safari in XY. Sucks, though x.x

Shun

Fallarbor Town

Thank you! And I finally saved, guess I'm keeping the Glass Cannon Latias.

Gen II Ball are so rare... I wanted to catch Shaymin, Darkrai, and other Pokemon with those exclusive ball. Love Love, Moon, Friend Ball... The only goods ones in Gen VI are Premier/Dive/Gorgeous Ball.

I remember catching my Shiny Rayquaza in SoulSilver with a Love Love Ball.

HGSS was so good, still the best Pokemon games.

Yrael

Thank you! And I finally saved, guess I'm keeping the Glass Cannon Latias.

Gen II Ball are so rare... I wanted to catch Shaymin, Darkrai, and other Pokemon with those exclusive ball. Love Love, Moon, Friend Ball... The only goods ones in Gen VI are Premier/Dive/Gorgeous Ball.

I remember catching my Shiny Rayquaza in SoulSilver with a Love Love Ball.

HGSS was so good, still the best Pokemon games.

I love HGSS too. Unfortunately it feels a little slow and graphically dated now, after playing X and Alpha Sapphire.

Some of you have the patience of saints to soft reset for so many times. I could never do that.

The key is to have something else interesting going on at the same time, like a movie or TV show!

lupinko

I love HGSS too. Unfortunately it feels a little slow and graphically dated now, after playing X and Alpha Sapphire.

The key is to have something else interesting going on at the same time, like a movie or TV show!

I find it amusing you say that because gen 3 is still the fastest, 60fps baby.

And you can SR while you play another game of pokemon.

I did that, Supertraining in one game, SRing in two.

Yrael

I find it amusing you say that because gen 3 is still the fastest, 60fps baby..

(I actually never played Gen 3 - it's the only one I completely skipped!)

But seriously, saving in particular is such a pain in Gen 4.

Saving a lot of data...
Don't turn off the power.

Shun

I find it amusing you say that because gen 3 is still the fastest, 60fps baby.

And you can SR while you play another game of pokemon.

I did that, Supertraining in one game, SRing in two.

Fastest still didn't stop the shit ton of water that it had and the pacing. Post-Platinum Gen IV and B2W2 Gen V are great. Saving was only an issue because of the amount of boxes and the reformatting of the box system. Post Platinum was still much better than DP.

I don't think any of the sprites from Gen IV really aged all that much when you compare Gen IV and V. 3D Models are a huge leap but the sprites are far from looking out dated.

I hope X2Y2 actually comes full circle and retains and builds upon features.

Bring back bases and work them into the next game. I don't get why they cut bases out after Platinum.

Pokemon walking behind you isn't feasible anymore, but more unique animations for HM moves would be welcome.

Please expand the touch screen instead of copy paste XY.

Also bring back taking a photo with your Pokemon. It doesn't have to be the whole party, just one is enough. Like in HGSS.

Linius

Does catching a pokemon with a certain ball give something extra to some pokemon? Or do some of you just want that because it's looks cool? I've always been using ultra balls for everything in past games :p

Oh YES CAUGHT IT. Had to waste my master ball because it didn't stay in any of my luxury balls and I didn't bring status :( It was at 1 HP and after 40 turns I knew it was running out of PP, so I master balled it.

It IS Timid :D IVs:

Latias - #380 (Timid)
HP: 4 - 6
Att: 10 - 13
Def: 31
SpA: 31
SpD: 24 - 26
Speed: 31

What a beaut. The only bad thing is the low HP IVs, but everything else is pretty much perfect. YAY!

EDIT aaand a picture!

I swear some people have all the fuckin luck. >:/. SR for about 3 hours yesterday and nothing. I've yet to ever catch a Shiny wild mon.

MicH

Does catching a pokemon with a certain ball give something extra to some pokemon? Or do some of you just want that because it's looks cool? I've always been using ultra balls for everything in past games :p
Some balls add distinct animations when a Pokemon is being sent out. Otherwise it's just for style. Personally, I want everything in the glorious luxury balls

I swear some people have all the fuckin luck. >:/. SR for about 3 hours yesterday and nothing. I've yet to ever catch a Shiny wild mon.
I SR'ed for more than 3 hours and I have the shiny charm which greatly increases the odds of finding a shiny

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The latter; I throw anything.

Shun

That's the yellow/black one right? Hyper Ball is so ugly.

It's really just an aesthetic thing and bragging rights. HGSS Ball Pokemon are much rarer since the only way you can get them is through breeding and passing down the ball from the mother.

Does anyone know if it's possible to pass down Dream Ball/Precious Ball?

Yrael

The Luxury Ball makes the Pokemon grow friendlier towards you twice as quickly (the Friend Ball had a similar function). The others don't really have any benefits other than looking cool.

Linius

Good to know. Ultra ball is the yellow/black one indeed. Good value for money.

Those Luxury Balls look damn great by the way. And what now with the HGSS ball pokemon? Not following :p

Mush

So I've spent the last 6 days resetting for Latias (not for the Eon Ticket, just the regular ol' one you get after you
obtain Surf and cross the water that separates Mauville from the other half of Route 118)
. It's been frustrating to say the least, but I think I might have found one worth keeping.

Latias - #380 (Timid)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 27 - 29
SpA: 29
SpD: 27
Speed: 30 - 31

The 31 IVs in ATK irk me a tad because of Fowl Play and all that but it also opens up the possibility to use physical moves with Mega Latias (is that a thing?).

Shun

Good to know. Ultra ball is the yellow/black one indeed. Good value for money.

Those Luxury Balls look damn great by the way. And what now with the HGSS ball pokemon? Not following :p

There are Ball exclusive to HGSS that you make such as Lure/Moon/Heavy/etc.

There's no way to get them other than from those games and breeding Pokemon that were caught in them.

entremet

There are Ball exclusive to HGSS that you make such as Lure/Moon/Heavy/etc.

There's no way to get them other than from those games and breeding Pokemon that were caught in them.

That was the acorn stuff if I remember. Very interesting that it checks that value when breeding.

Shun

That was the acorn stuff if I remember. Very interesting that it checks that value when breeding.

Yeah they only pass down through the mother so only ones you can catch in the wild work.

No starter Pokemon can be in those special ball.

Oh and they should also bring back Seals and Ball Capsules from Platinum. I enjoyed decorating them.

Firestorm

Damn the story climax is so jRPG I think it almost outdid Gen 5 in that regard.

ALSO SHIT I SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SEE MY MOM AFTER I BEAT MY DAD LIKE HE SAID. I didn't realize she would give me an Amulet Coin.

Morokh

Forgot about the part where they give you Latias/Latios and got there last night after playing for about 3 hours without saving .... so I just went along, but now i'm really considering starting over at least to try and get decent IV's.

I hate when they do that >_<

Crayolan

ALSO SHIT I SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SEE MY MOM AFTER I BEAT MY DAD LIKE HE SAID. I didn't realize she would give me an Amulet Coin.

It's actually kind of funny that even less players will discover this in ORAS than in the originals because of the Wally warp to Mauville.

Yeah, the Johto balls are amazing. Just bring them back already!

Johto exclusive feature.

Linius

Did he say that? Lol, wasn't paying attention at all. It's almost like real life.

I'm just gonna wait till I get fly in Fortree before heading back.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I have to say I love the pacing of ORAS. It's energetic, full of life, characters are lively. It's really fun. I'm enjoying myself, much more than XY series. Does anyone else feel that way?

Visuals are stunning too. Looks better than XY as well; especially the 2D character opening sequences - so cute.

Linius

I have to say I love the pacing of ORAS. It's energetic, full of life, characters are lively. It's really fun. I'm enjoying myself, much more than XY series. Does anyone else feel that way?

Visuals are stunning too. Looks better than XY as well; especially the 2D character opening sequences - so cute.

Me too man. I'm 21 hours in and far from beating the story. I played Y for a grand total of 28 hours. I also bought X but never played in. Might come in handy at some point now I feel so invested in AS though.

Fuck me. Catching
Deoxys
is a pain in the ass. I've tried 3 times now and I always accidentally make it faint because of crits :(. What's worse is that you can't save after
catching Rayquaza
. So I have to do everything all over again.

I should have saved the master ball..

I never played Gen 3 :(

Stupid Wally. Teleporting me away from my family.

Mom I swear I meant to visit :( :( :( :(
Are you still near Mauville?

You can get to the route above Oldale by going to the Trickmaster's House and taking a left. Then you just go left some more and surf across the pond. Then you can just bike down to Littleroot.

Yrael

Fuck me. Catching
Deoxys
is a pain in the ass. I've tried 3 times now and I always accidentally make it faint because of crits :(. What's worse is that you can't save after
catching Rayquaza
. So I have to do everything all over again.

I should have saved the master ball..

It doesn't matter if you make it faint - it respawns and you can find it again at the top of the Spire whenever you feel like catching it.

entremet

I've preferred XY at this point. Hoenn is really dull to me and environments are very samey so far. I just beat Norman.

I do love Gen III Pokemon, some of my favs in the series. But I miss the variety of monsters to collect in the wild. XY and BW2 had the best selection of wild pokemon.

I do like that the Villanious Team encounters aren't too long and overwroght. I found those in XY to be way too long and boring.

DexNav is also very nice.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Me too man. I'm 21 hours in and far from beating the story. I played Y for a grand total of 28 hours. I also bought X but never played in. Might come in handy at some point now I feel so invested in AS though.

I'm really enjoying my time with it :)

Never played gen 3; it's a gem. I'm glad GameFreak went ahead and did a full-blown remake :) I might say this is my second favorite game from the franchise, gen 1 being my favorite of course.

Just completed the Elite Four - took me about 25 hrs. Now the Delta Episode awaits me :D

I'm hoping for a Gen 1 remake for 20th anniversary in 2016 :D GameFreak plz

Muku

LOL, did dad say to visit mom? Whooooooops! Guess I'll wait til I get fly. Sorry mom, Wally has us all fudged up.

Why not use a Pokemon with False Swipe? Unless you are in middle of it and can't back out. Hold Out or whatever is kind of why I've kept Shiny Metang in my group.

Linius

LOL, did dad say to visit mom? Whooooooops! Guess I'll wait til I get fly. Sorry mom, Wally has us all fudged up.

Why not use a Pokemon with False Swipe? Unless you are in middle of it and can't back out. Hold Out or whatever is kind of why I've kept Shiny Metang in my group.

Yeah, Hold Back is what I use to catch everything in this game. Metang is a tank and can take hits, so it's perfect.

Firestorm

Are you still near Mauville?

You can get to the route above Oldale by going to the Trickmaster's House and taking a left. Then you just go left some more and surf across the pond. Then you can just bike down to Littleroot.
I just got my 8th badge. Gonna head to finish the game in the next few days, then do the Delta Emerald thing, then hopefully get started on soft resetting and breeding. My guess is still that we'll get the Standard ruleset for ORAS in roughly two weeks so I wanna be prepped to practice!

Top Bottom