• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Wichu

Hanging out on Route 101 with a level 31 Linoone. Screw advancing the story, DexNav is way too addictive.

Also chaining without Repels is surprisingly doable. I have no idea why.

is their a trick to getting a baby with its hidden ability?
trying to get gible with rough skin
fixing to say fuck it

If the parent doesn't have the HA then the egg won't. If the parent has the HA then the egg MIGHT get it.

Parents without the HA can have kids with non HA's.
Parents with the HA can have kids with non HA's AND the HA.

Wichu

If the parent doesn't have the HA then the egg won't. If the parent has the HA then the egg MIGHT get it.

Parents without the HA can have kids with non HA's.
Parents with the HA can have kids with non HA's AND the HA.

Specifically, the mother has to have the HA. Males can only pass down the HA when bred with Ditto.

diaspora

Is there a way to get Pokemon from Platinum into this game without going through Black/White? Playing a minigame to transfer 6 pokemon at a time with another system seems like such a pain in the ass.

MicH

All right :D I am completely 100% done with contests. Mastered all of them with my shiny Gardevoir AND beat Lisia with my shiny Gardevoir. Got my Lucarioite, the trophy for my base AND three destiny knots in the process :p Awesome!

Wichu

Chain finally broke at ~140 with the "couldn't be found nearby" message. It can't be a concidence that I never ran into a single other wild Pokémon during that chain - it's likely that wild encounters are disabled after a certain chain length to make chaining easier.

Is there a way to get Pokemon from Platinum into this game without going through Black/White? Playing a minigame to transfer 6 pokemon at a time with another system seems like such a pain in the ass.

I remember having to transfer my pokemon one by one all the way from Colloseum to X/Y

Boy was that a pain in the fucking ass

Chain finally broke at ~140 with the "couldn't be found nearby" message. It can't be a concidence that I never ran into a single other wild Pokémon during that chain - it's likely that wild encounters are disabled after a certain chain length to make chaining easier.

Maybe they had pity on your chain. They were watching nearby. Waiting...

diaspora

ZcGkPTf.gif

Muku

You know, there is one feature that they should really add. But it'd probably only last one game anyway the way they like to trade features out.

They should add one slot for held trading. What do I mean? Well, we have GTS. Put up a Pokemon, wait for trade, retrieve it and move on. For this I mean in addition to GTS, we have one private held slot. Set up to a FC we want to trade specifically with but have a hard time connecting with. Set trade parameters set up previously (you want my Lugia, I want your Togekiss), though in some way I'd love the option of putting something up and saying you'll take anything for it. But doubt that would happen. That person gets on, sees they have a private trade (person who set it up sends it to server to hold on to), so they do the trade and now they're done. Person who set it up, if they aren't on, the Pokemon being held is the one they wanted. Would work just like GTS just set to private and set up to a specific person using their FC.

Just realized there is a 1.2 patch on the Eshop for ORAS. Apparently it fixes a bug that freezes the game when you enter the hall of fame.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Can someone explain to me how the whole secret pal thing works? How do I get flags from them?

You can still get flags from their base, and some specific 'classes' have the ability to hunt an extra flag down and give it to you as part of their one time a day (two with platinum medal, from getting 1k flags), skill. Other options include helping an egg hatch faster, getting a berry, making a pokemon friendlier with a massage, etc.

Otherwise, they stand around in your base, and become part of your 'team' of grunts that someone else can challenge in addition to you.

Can someone explain to me how the whole secret pal thing works? How do I get flags from them?
What you do is add people, talk to them once, and then tell them to go away so you can add more people to repeat the process. Some people will have flags, some won't; you'll know after the first time you talk to them. It happens automatically. You can get up to 30 flags per a person. Silver flags in particular will usually give you over 20.

So I'm trying to make a living "Mega Dex" of Pokemon that can Mega Evolve. Basically just an extra set away from my main Living Pokedex so I have them easily able to plop into a future game.

I realized a few things while doing so:

• There doesn't appear to be anywhere good to grind for levels or cash in ORAS
  • There are no wild Kirlia anywhere except for the Friend Safari
  • A lot of the ones I still need evolve at like Lv 40-50

Maybe I just haven't found anywhere to grind for cash yet? Levels I suppose should be easy with blissey bases but ehh.
Kirlia is really bizarre. Are there any other Pokemon that don't regularly appear in the wild? Especially a second stage mon like that.

Last ones I need include Metagross and Salamence who I can get their second forms, but gosh leveling them up takes so long since the wild ones I got of their second forms are pretty far away from their final. And Steelix too which is a bit of a pain. No one available to trade with me so I'll pop over to BW2 and grab one.

Gamefreak will give Cynthia a Mega Mega Garchomp with base 800 stats.

We all know that they'll give Cynthia a full mega team. And because it's GF it'll be the Diamond/Pearl team, not Platinum.

Mega Garchomp, Mega Lucario, Mega Roserade, Mega Gastrodon, Mega Spiritomb, Mega Milotic

If we think Mega Rayquaza is bad, just wait until Arceus can mega evolve by just knowing Judgment with some absurd ability that turns every attack into a super effective or something.

Toxi

Banned
yeah but gamefreak will also give you megas for your starter, lucario, dialga/palkia, arceus and a 10 level lead.
It's absurd how they just give you a Lati@s in ORAS. It reminds me of how the XY demo had the professor just giving the player a Mewtwo.

Muku

You guys are getting shinies left and right and I haven't even seen one on Alpha Sapphire or Pokemon Y. ;(

It's okay, I haven't either. I mean hell, first shiny I've ever seen that wasn't story based (shiny Gyarados in HG/SS) was one I bred while learning to breed up IVs in X/Y. Fennekin will now always hold a special place in my heart, despite sucking.
And sucking hardcore in the Diancie movie, LOL!
Even then, I didn't see any more until I got shiny charm. Only found a few (Exploud, Treveant, Flabebe, and one other) since then. Most of ones I got in X/Y I bred. Including Shiny Sandstorm Vivi and Shiny Monsoon Vivi. One of them came out 6IVs to boot.

Hoping to come across one, but I guess at rate I'm going it'll have to be Latias that is first. Living on Southern Island 'til golden Latias appears.

That pikachu has been forever boxed just cause you can't even bank it.

Okay, I shouldn't be surprised by this one, but seriously? Okay, that is going into perma storage PC when I get back to town. Not sure what I'll use in place of Pikachu, but not keeping it around if I can't bank it.

-Horizon-

Beat Norman, met Steven, got hit on by a huge dude who wants to smash me, got a Latias with no effort.

Dafuq happened with that last half D:

Yrael

Weirdest case of "shiny luck" that has happened to me was when I was trying to chain for a shiny Litleo in Pokemon X. My chain of Litleos was broken right at the beginning (literally, chain #1) by...a shiny Diggersby.

sooo for some reason I can't get the legendary dogs. I have Ho-Oh in my party, and managed to run into Raikou but I reset because I ran out of balls and now it won't let me interact with the ring. Any idea what's wrong.

I've been playing Pokemon since Red and Blue and probably have 5,000+ hours in games post Gold and Silver and I have seen exactly one wild shiny. Onix in Silver, but I didn't notice it was shiny until I watched its health bar trickle down as I one shotted it...

I have never seen a (wild) shiny in a "modern" Pokemon game (one I could transfer forward). My only shinies are Pichu, Gyarados, Raikou and Beldum and all are event Pokemon (or in game in Gyarados' case).

Shun

Shiny Latias Timid 31/5-8/0-3/31/31/31

Keep? I already have a Shiny Latias from PokeTransport but I feel like that 0 Defense IV is gonna screw me over. 18 SRs.

yeah but gamefreak will also give you megas for your starter, lucario, dialga/palkia, arceus and a 10 level lead.

Don't forget, if you play within the first few months you'll get some absurdly powerful event Pokemon that will be way overpowered throughout the game just by the nature of the Pokemon (Speed Boost Torchic and Beldum in general).

And the demo will get you a Pokemon that won't obey you but it doesn't matter because it's 10x higher level than anything in the game and can just brute force the game.

I actually had to limit myself. They make it way too easy to get overpowered Pokemon right off the bat. I even feel wrong using Glalie now, even if he's lower leveled than my other Pokemon.

Top Bottom