• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Where is the best guide for IVs, breeding, personalities, and all that type of stuff? It's way over my head, having only gotten into the series again since Gold/Silver with X and Y.

JoeM86

I'm not so sure this patch of guaranteed Feebas is real. If it is, it might change based on trendy saying/ID like before.

Koren

Yes get a synchro with the jolly nature and put it on the first slot of the party. It does not have to be alive, so you can use a dead low level synchronizer.

I'd add that to turn EXP all off as you're automatically fully healed for the battles that follow you don't want your sychroniser leveled now do you *looks at level 38 Jolly Alakazam*.
Is there a reason to keep the synchronizer low level?

(dead, if he's low level, I can understand...)

Is there a reason to keep the synchronizer low level?

(dead, if he's low level, I can understand...)
It is just to make it easier to knock out in preparation for it being fained and in front of the party. In victory road Lairon was a 2HKO on Alakazam while if I had a level 1 Abra I could have probably knocked it out anywhere.

That trio are on a 20 minute timer (Raikou is xx:00 to xx:20), all I can think is the game makes a unique island for each and you're still on the Raikou Island.

It's been a couple days and I still can't find any though. It's a shame too because the dogs are some of the few pokemon I need to complete my living dex.

lewisgone

Went into the Pokemon League feeling pretty cocky and overpowered, Elite 4 went off without a hitch but Mega Metagross actually beat me, that thing is so strong and I have no fire types!

Went into the Pokemon League feeling pretty cocky and overpowered, Elite 4 went off without a hitch but Mega Metagross actually beat me, that thing is so strong and I have no fire types!
Dark/Ghost types should do the work. EDIT: And Ground. Thought it had Levitate lol.

Yrael

I'm going to check this Feebas bridge out right now.

First tile: Sharpedo
Second tile: Carvanha
Third tile: Carvanha
Fourth tile: Carvanha

(It is night-time for me right now though.)

I'm going to check this Feebas bridge out right now.

First tile: Sharpedo
Second tile: Carvanha
Third tile: Carvanha
Fourth tile: Carvanha

(It is night-time for me right now though.)

I just did the same, every single tile was Feebas. It's 3:08pm on my game and I'm using the Old Rod.

Yrael

Going to check the Feebas bridge again with my second 3DS, which is set to daytime...

First tile: Feebas
Second tile: Feebas
Third tile: Feebas
Fourth tile: Feebas

...well. There we have it. I could only get Feebas in those tiles. When I moved out from under the bridge, I started getting Sharpedos and Carvanhas again.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well I'm under the bridge right now and all I'm finding is Feebas. I saw a video yesterday in a different position under the bridge with only Feebas too so it looks pretty genuine.

EDIT: And guess what I just found! http://imgur.com/wdPabzF
Try again for female; males are ugly.
Got this pretty fast.

Cresselia (Modest): 31/8-9/28-29/30/31/31
But Cresselia should be about Toxic + Double Team...

Yrael

LOL! Second try on one of those tiles, and a shiny Feebas just showed up!

It's male though. :( Bummer.

(I do have a shiny female Milotic from Platinum...still, I think I'd like to try again for a female in this game.)

#638 Cobalion [Jolly]
IVs: 31 / 24, 25 / 28, 29 / 31 / 24, 25 / 31
That'll do...the 31 in SpA isn't bad as there is some Volt switch use (even with Jolly natures it would seem)

Try again for female; males are ugly.But Cresselia should be about Toxic + Double Team...
Now, Icy Wind or Trick Room are also things (I hate the Icy Wind tutor with a passion as so many things learn the move).

Morokh

Quick question : say I delete my save, and start over, will I be able to download the shiny metagross again in my new save ?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So...is there a way to change the Trendy saying in Dewford? Or is that just a little thing no longer important in ORAS like it was in the original since you get to type in full words and such when interviewed.

I have to say I love the pacing of ORAS. It's energetic, full of life, characters are lively. It's really fun. I'm enjoying myself, much more than XY series. Does anyone else feel that way?

Visuals are stunning too. Looks better than XY as well; especially the 2D character opening sequences - so cute.

My problem with BW and XY is that at points it felt like "Pokemon XIII", i.e. a lot of parts were long "corridors" with countless fights against the evil team. ORAS is so much less grindy, and less annoying. No long caves to explore, Team Aqua fights are brief, and you make your way around the world at a quick pace. I also like all the little story beats like the couple separated by the rocks, the fact you have a bit of motivation early on to go where you go (delivering the letter to Steven), and the general feel of Hoenn.

Sinnoh was the last game I honestly enjoyed the main scenario, since BW it's gotten a bit too grindy and linear.

Linius

Well I'm under the bridge right now and all I'm finding is Feebas. I saw a video yesterday in a different position under the bridge with only Feebas too so it looks pretty genuine.

EDIT: And guess what I just found! http://imgur.com/wdPabzF

Just like that lol. Congrats. Do I need an achro bike to get there or is it further down the road than I thought? Think I'm gonna try it tonight. Might go for a shiny Magicarp as well while I'm at it.

In other words

ANOTHER SHINY MAGIKARP

:(

:(

L.O.R.D

Finally , its here

GbP7yC3.jpg

also got this
iUaw5U1.jpg

iYqlvrT.jpg

the game is soo beautiful

BRj1L8U.jpg

brb , using imagination
since no pics

Gs5AZNB.jpg

glad to meet you too , i am in love

You're the worst

Edit: What's a good way to farm heart scales?
But it is what the Battle Maison veterans (who bear a striking resemblance to Obama and Hillary Clinton) do with their all legendary teams.

As for heart scales. Luvdisc, they're found by time fishing with a super rod on route 128, ever grande city and a few other palces. Maybe you can chain fish with a fainted suction caps lead and second Pokemon with frisk (catch any with scales to keep the chain going, knock the rest out).

But personally I find using Pokemon Global Link and buying 90 of them from the Pokemiles shop is a much better use of time and requires less skill (plus it isn't like you can do much else with the Pokemiles) plus there is no risk of getting Shiny Luvdisc...

Noobcraft

Iryx

Whoops, accidentaly inputed my Latias speed as 88 (30-31) instead of 78 (0-3) in the IV calculator and saved without double-checking.

Varion

Gs5AZNB.jpg

glad to meet you too , i am in love
May being all cute is the only thing that makes me almost wish I'd gone with a male character. Not quite enough to actually get me to do it anymore though.

Meanwhile, first and probably last time I'll ever do this for a Pokemon game, but:
Too much great music in this game not to.

Kamina

Golden Boy
First time catching Deoxys and i got this:

Deoxys (Brave) : 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 28 / 30 - 31

Possible Hidden Power Types: Bug, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Poison, Rock, Steel
Possible Hidden Power Attack Powers: 49

Only letdown is the Nature, but I can live with that.

First time catching Deoxys and i got this:

Deoxys (Brave) : 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 28 / 30 - 31

Possible Hidden Power Types: Bug, Fighting, Flying, Ghost, Ground, Poison, Rock, Steel
Possible Hidden Power Attack Powers: 49

Only letdown is the Nature, but I can live with that.

Surprise your opponents with a mixed Deoxys, everybody will be expecting a SpA one.

ffdgh

So the game corner was closed for reasons I don't need to know...Don't wanna corrupt the kiddies with gambling I suppose lol.

Also new Mauville reminds me of a giant mall.

Surprise your opponents with a mixed Deoxys, everybody will be expecting a SpA one.

Problem is Brave has decreased speed so it's kinda ass unless you're using a slow pokemon that needs to be as slow as possible(for Gyro Ball, Trick Room, etc.), which Deoxys is not, not even Deoxys-D.

Edit: oh fuck double post.

MicH

Oh my god, one of my secret pals just gave me 25 flags! And then I talked to her again and she gave me 6 more! Definitely keeping her as a secret pal. That almost made me reach 100 flags

I have gotten so many bases through streetpass and passerbys. Many of them are really well decorated - one of them even has the little music notes playing the Super Mario Bros. theme when you walk over them! So cool!

Top Bottom