• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I just picked 8 berries off a berry tree

EIGHT BERRIES

WHAT IS LIFE

It looks like the max you can get is 20 berries from a tree. Hell, for some berries I have like a hundred of them right now, which is unheard of in past games.

So the game corner was closed for reasons I don't need to know...Don't wanna corrupt the kiddies with gambling I suppose lol.

Also new Mauville reminds me of a giant mall.

It's not called Mallville for nothing.

nice Deoxys bro
i still need to SR for mine
busy breeding the team im going to disect Battle Maison with though atm
EV training Kangaskhan as we speak
thank god for Pokerus

MicH

It looks like the max you can get is 20 berries from a tree. Hell, for some berries I have like a hundred of them right now, which is unheard of in past games.
Oh my god, that is insane. TWENTY BERRIES OFF ONE TREE?

*head explodes*

I'm so used to getting 2-4 in the old days

Bakphoon

About the feebas: it seems to be present on the whole route, though I started near the bridge because it was close to where i entered the water.
I got Feebas after i used the good rod for a few times.

Also soon after catching the first one this happened while searching for a better one with dexnav:
feebas_shiny6puni.png

Now that I looked at a bit. Compared to XY it is ezmode for berries. No having to use mulch (to overdry the soil so you can water it more) and constantly pull weeds to get max yield and growing times are much faster too along with all types seeming to get a boost to max.

The Starf Berry in XY took 120 hours to grow and you would get 5 max. In ORAS it takes 12 hours and you can get 7.

About the feebas: it seems to be present on the whole route, though I started near the bridge because it was close to where i entered the water.
I got Feebas after i used the good rod for a few times.

Also soon after catching the first one this happened while searching for a better one with dexnav:
feebas_shiny6puni.png

now go forth and use a shiny Milotic to curbstomp Lisia

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Oh my god, one of my secret pals just gave me 25 flags! And then I talked to her again and she gave me 6 more! Definitely keeping her as a secret pal. That almost made me reach 100 flags

I may have to find secret pals with flag finding ability, then, because that will definitely be helpful for the 500 and 1k marks, lol.

Do you remember what 'class' of trainer they were?

MicH

I may have to find secret pals with flag finding ability, then, because that will definitely be helpful for the 500 and 1k marks, lol.

Do you remember what 'class' of trainer they were?
Yes, it was a Ranger and she had the silver flag in her base. That may have something to do with it

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yes, it was a Ranger and she had the silver flag in her base. That may have something to do with it

Hmm...Serebii has it being related to being friends with a secret pal, and after streetpassing them specifically, that's when the bonus flags show up.

May not be as useful for me, but we'll wait and see, lol.

MicH

Hmm...Serebii has it being related to being friends with a secret pal, and after streetpassing them specifically, that's when the bonus flags show up.

May not be as useful for me, but we'll wait and see, lol.
That's odd. I have no idea who this person is - I'm pretty sure I just got her today from a passerby. That is so odd - and I haven't shared the QR code for my base either because I literally haven't done anything with it yet

MicH

Won Master Contest, had 5 fans give me stuff. None of them Destiny Knots, come on GF
I think I got three from mastering all five contest types. Or you can just master that same contest again and see if you're more lucky next time

stn

Is it worth buying Omega or Alpha if I've played Ruby a long time ago? I've been thinking to get X or Y over it, there looks to be more new content in that.

TheMink

Holy craaaaaap I just screwed up on
deoxsys
and wow. I can't even believe how much crap I have to redo.

Like, damn.

Impala26

Oh my god, that is insane. TWENTY BERRIES OFF ONE TREE?

*head explodes*

I'm so used to getting 2-4 in the old days

I'm fairly certain that (barring the rare-ish berries) a minimum of one watering yields a MINIMUM of SIX berries from a tree. Pretty sure that 20 is the max from what I've been finding though, yeah.

:)

Kamina

Golden Boy
Is it worth buying Omega or Alpha if I've played Ruby a long time ago? I've been thinking to get X or Y over it, there looks to be more new content in that.
X & Y definitley have more new content. If you can get one of them cheaper then i'd say go for it.

There wasn't much to ruin, IMO. Mauville was just that place I passed through while hatching eggs. At least now a lot of functions that would be scattered in different locations are concentrated in one area.

I find it confusing to navigate through.

PS: Have a 3DS again, with Omega Ruby. Add me if you'd like. FC: 4313-2583-6151

Yeah, I was trying to level up a couple powers and I had a max recharge level so people on my friend's list who were on got a good deal of love. :)

TY for your powers BTW.

Espada

Serebii has you covered

Speaking of Mauville, I've grown to like it. It's a really simple design (literally a square with a Pokemon center + mart in the middle)

I really don't understand how people are disliking it. It's a very simple shape and convenient. I was replaying my Ruby game just a few months ago and there's no doubt in my mind that this is a significant upgrade.

IceDoesntHelp said:
Skarmory can still be found on Route 113 right?
Yup, it's a pretty common encounter.

Yup, it's a pretty common encounter.

Yes. Easier to find even because of DexNav.

YAY!
I can start my team there.
Thanks.

I really don't understand how people are disliking it. It's a very simple shape and convenient. I was replaying my Ruby game just a few months ago and there's no doubt in my mind that this is a significant upgrade.

I myself just got there, so its just unexpected and confusing to me at first. It's not nearly as confusing as I thought it was.

I think people are just confused initially how it's so different. Personally I like it.

Although I fully believe someone in GF thought of it as Mallville instead of Mauville

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I like how the game even mentions the name "Mauville" is owned by a corporation, and the name can be applied to basically anything.

Top Bottom