• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

XY has a absolutely massive regional dex, so it's fair that you feel that way. Hopefully you find something that appeals to you. Tropius, Relicanth, Mawile, Spinda, Ludicolo and some other 3rd gen pokemon are high ranking in my favourites.

E4 round 2 metagross is level 79.

Yeah, outside of Tropius and Mawile not many of those appeal to me...

Any suggestion for a good electric Pokemon? I have always been partial to electric Pokemon and I have no idea how to find a damn thunder shard or whatever it is underwater for Jolteon evolution...

I really wish I wouldn't have lost my X/Y data, as I had dozens of perfect IV Joltiks I could have transferred over....

Crayolan

Ehhh, I agree on a lot of points but the biggest draw for me is the Pokemon selection. And I have to say that the selection in ORAS is kinda shitty throughout the main story.

If it weren't for a few lucky Wonder Trades, I would have struggled to even build a full team of Mons I liked....

I can totally relate, a huge selection of pokemon to use has been one of my absolute favorite things since BW2. I can understand the smaller selection in ORAS since it's a remake, but after this, outside of remakes I don't ever want a regional dex smaller than 250 pokemon again.

Though you should try using pokemon you've never given a chance to yet sometimes. You might find a new favorite!

Yeah, I am looking at it with a fresh perspective. I have only played RBY and X/Y to completion. Though, I am starting to regret skipping out on the franchise for so long.

The ORAS selection is crap though. Way too many areas have the exact same Pokemon.....
It doesn't ruin my enjoyment at all, but I really should have restarted X/Y and just transferred a few things over....

You might have some trouble going back to the older pokemon games, most of the games had a smaller selection similar to RSE, the only one with a selection on the level of XY's is BW2.

out of curiosity, whats the highest level pokemon trainer/gym/e4 r2 etc. get in this?

Main game:
Post game:

Edit:
81 ORAS true rival

How do you get this fight? Is it the second Wally fight or an extra fight with your actual rival?

What about your average joe trainer?

I remember being surprised there was normal trainers with 60+ pokemon in b2w2.

65 or 75, depending on what you count as a normal trainer. There's apparently a miniboss type guy who you can fight in the Mauville Cafeteria with the latter levels.

Where's the best place to grind exp as I rotate out many team members? Gonna be trying to evolve ~70 Pokemon for my dex. Battle Chateau should've came with the Maison. If they're gonna lazily replace the Battle Frontier with recycled things, at least recycle a little more.

Blissey bases. Fastest way to level up. Unfortunately you can't keep running it but the single injection of a huge amount of exp helps a lot.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
What about your average joe trainer?

I remember being surprised there was normal trainers with 60+ pokemon in b2w2.

I believe repeated battling eventually raises an average trainer's level by a certain amount, though I'm not sure what the cutoff/how much the raise is per fight.

entremet

BW2 had such amazing grinding spots. That random dungeon with high level trainers. What's up, GF? Why lacking in this area for Gen VI?

Yeah, outside of Tropius and Mawile not many of those appeal to me...

Any suggestion for a good electric Pokemon? I have always been partial to electric Pokemon and I have no idea how to find a damn thunder shard or whatever it is underwater for Jolteon evolution...

I really wish I wouldn't have lost my X/Y data, as I had dozens of perfect IV Joltiks I could have transferred over....

All of the electric pokemon in the Hoenn dex are strong when fully evolved, but it's one of those types that is a bit limited, and not easily accessible (kinda have to seek them out). Mega Manetric is awesome, Electrode, Magnezone, Lanturne, Raichu are all good choices if used in a reasonable way. I empathize with the lack of electric pokemon selection. Joltik, rotom, and ampharos are way more fun to use, not to mention a handful of others.
Even outside of hoenn, though, electric pokemon are relatively uncommon.

BW2 had such amazing grinding spots. That random dungeon with high level trainers. What's up, GF? Why lacking in this area for Gen VI?

Restaurants in XY are ridiculously fast XP, and blissey bases in ORAS are even better.

Hatchtag

Banned
Blissey bases. Fastest way to level up. Unfortunately you can't keep running it but the single injection of a huge amount of exp helps a lot.

I need something I can keep running, since I'm gonna be shifting Pokemon out so much.
For all X and Y does wrong, the Chateau was a great idea. But they give it to you so fucking early that it's just another thing that breaks the game if you use it.

All of the electric pokemon in the Hoenn dex are strong when fully evolved, but it's one of those types that is a bit limited, and not easily accessible (kinda have to seek them out). Mega Manetric is awesome, Electrode, Magnezone, Lanturne, Raichu are all good choices if used in a reasonable way. I empathize with the lack of electric pokemon selection. Joltik, rotom, and ampharos are way more fun to use, not to mention a handful of others.
Even outside of hoenn, though, electric pokemon are relatively uncommon.

Restaurants in XY are ridiculously fast XP, and blissey bases in ORAS are even better.

Yeah, I am using Mega Manetric at the moment, but haven't gotten my hands on any of the others. Are wild Pikachus even out there? I might have missed them actually...

Phazeta

Neo Member
SciresM at Project Pokémon ripped the texture for that calendar from the game. It's unquestionably Serebii's Pokéarth.

In fact, this is the exact image they used. Google "pokemon worlds" and you'll find it.
Pokemon-worlds_2180419.jpg

Here's a GIF comparing the two. The brighter frame is the above picture modified to be the same size (and the borders cut off):
fcMt3PR.gif

It's literally the same image but with a color filter thrown over it. So, wow.

Linius

I was telling myself to keep up with this thread and read a little about everyone's adventures but you guys managed to get in five pages over night all of a sudden :p

Big One

Banned
Finally beat the champion after delaying myself quite a bit. AWESOME. Did it with a "utility" team though aka a team that gets you through the game fast.

That being, Swampert, Linoone, Breloom, Metagross, Electrode, and Swellow.

Going to revamp this team to something more well rounded and competitive soon enough.

Breloom everywhere in the credits. Awesome dude.

MicH

I don't even have enough money to take my Pokemon out of the daycare. I am so strapped for cash in this game! The restaurants in XY spoiled me :( I had over 2 million in that game. And I miss the exp too. I only have one Blissey base and it's at level 50

Shun

RIP RNG :[

They really should integrate both bicycles together. It's annoying switching between the two and back tracking. I back track enough in the other RPGs I play.

ugoo18

Where do you find lvl 51+ wild Pokemon in this, trying to get the Destiny Knot with pickup and don't care for contests or rebattling the couple over and over.

Toxi

Banned
It's odd how the Koffing and Grimer lines were added to Team Magma and Aqua in the remakes and not, you know, some more actual Ground and Water type Pokemon.

It's odd how the Koffing and Grimer lines were added to Team Magma and Aqua in the remakes and not, you know, some more actual Ground and Water type Pokemon.
The lines ups for all of the trainers in the entire game are stupid.

Also for the pair of games that introduced double battles, there's like maybe a handful of them in total.

Atrarock

RIP RNG :[

They really should integrate both bicycles together. It's annoying switching between the two and back tracking. I back track enough in the other RPGs I play.

You can get both bicycles (as well as registering more than one if you didn't already know of this) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQOQbJ_txnM

Although it requires clearing Episode Delta since you need to get to the battle resort for the last part of the unlocking.

Was this in the originals?

Wow, they really did make this game less jarring than before. Only downside is the amount of water but that's been mitigated by making it faster.

No, it was not in the originals.

If they really wanted to make it less jarring, they should have just made one bike that could do both speed and tricks How hard would that have been? It's not like the Mach bike is that fast to begin with. It's so arbitrary how this is only available late game in such a hidden way.

Styles

So, does the Synchronise trick work 100% of the time now? I've been getting nothing but Timid nature Latias' while SRing for a shiny.

So my fiancee was the first to catch a Jolly natured Taillow before I did (I have seen a lot of different first moves though, Whirlwind, Brave Bird, Boomburst, etc) and while looking up the IVs for her, I'm a little confused. Can anyone teach me how to read this thing?

At first I was like "so what about the chair position, did you not notice the first Elite 4 member was the exception here?" then I scrolled down...

I need something I can keep running, since I'm gonna be shifting Pokemon out so much.
For all X and Y does wrong, the Chateau was a great idea. But they give it to you so fucking early that it's just another thing that breaks the game if you use it.
All I can think is park your secret base near to a town and do as follows, fight Blissey base, add person to pals, fly/soar to town, switch out team, enter your base (hence the near town bit), fight Blissey, remove person from pals (if you don't they won't be in their base), go back to town switch team and repeat.

That is 72 Pokemon getting whatever EXP 3*level 100 Blissey will give you each day (assuming you have the 6 secret meadow ones, I think the favorites/QR code limit is 15 so you could max that at 180, i.e. 6 boxes of Pokemon...). Wait a sec let's work it out. Very minimum you'll get form Blissey holding Lucky egg is 17,000. You would be mad not to use the EXP o-power so that is 34,000, times by 3 for 102,000 (which at a minimum will get a level 1 Pokemon to level 43).

You say you need to exceed that. What exactly are you trying to do here?

I can't see how the Chateau was better than that and I'm someone who has the view that the Chateau was better than Le Wow (provided the Auduno trainers were present..which is as annoying a caveat as the daily secret base limit).

Where do you find lvl 51+ wild Pokemon in this, trying to get the Destiny Knot with pickup and don't care for contests or rebattling the couple over and over.
I'd say pickup is even more tedious because you are constantly checking the Pokemon to see if they have any items item then taking items hoping you get the Knot.

If you still have XY the Beauty in Lumoise City (there are videos if you forgot which one) is personally the best way to get the knot.

Stefan™;141574018 said:
So, does the Synchronise trick work 100% of the time now? I've been getting nothing but Timid nature Latias' while SRing for a shiny.
Only for that bit (apparently Cosplay Pikachu too) and also the nature and IVs are set when it joins the party so don't send the Sychoniser away. For wild stuff it is 50%. That means for something like Virizion I am soft reseting on about 4 times on turn 1 when I outspeed it (as either Jolly nature did not pass down or if it did the speed IV is not 31)

Shun

Only for that bit (apparently Cosplay Pikachu too) and also the nature and IVs are set when it joins the party so don't send the Sychoniser away. For wild stuff it is 50%. That means for something like Virizion I am soft reseting on about 4 times on turn 1 when I outspeed it (as either Jolly nature did not pass down or if it did the speed IV is not 31)

Oh that's why. Don't mind my anecdotal problem. I was just an idiot half the time and sent my Synchro away...

Top Bottom