• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Growlie19

Just got the shiny charm, and call me crazy, but I think it's time to SR for a shiny Zekrom! Got up to 10 resets. I'm ready for a long hunt, just as long as I get a green dragon out of it!

MicH

I swear I breed a new Salamence every damn generation :lol And now I have to breed yet another for that delicious mega with Aerilate

DaBoss

Hey, found the Cresselia island. Why wasn't Darkrai given the same treatment? >:
Cresselia never was an event Pokemon. Darkrai was always an event Pokemon.
Got my 100th SSB flag just now. This is going to take a week and a half for platinum at most.
What's the strategy for this? I'm at 90 and I only started trying to go for Secret Bases today. I know there is something about getting people with different colored flags as your secret pals or something. Do those people give flags everyday?

MicH

I keep getting the same mirage islands :( I need them TMs!

Also, after my success with Latias I think I'll try either going for a shiny Ho-Oh or Reshiram. They both look awesome shiny

EDIT Or Deoxys?! Oooh, but is he Shiny locked?

So could someone give me a quick run-down of how Mirage islands work?
Or even a link to another site that breaks down the mechanics etc.?
I got the flute yesterday and went around catching a few things on random islands, but I have a few questions.

How many islands are there at any one time?

I read that the Pokemon reset every day, but do we know when the reset happens?

Does streetpassing have anything to do with it? If so, how does it affect the Pokemon on the islands?

I found an island with Dittos on it last night, but crashed before I managed to catch more than a couple. I probably should have farmed that island as it may not be available when I get off work later, huh?

What's the strategy for this? I'm at 90 and I only started trying to go for Secret Bases today. I know there is something about getting people with different colored flags as your secret pals or something. Do those people give flags everyday?

BzxOuYe.png

I made this to kind of illustrate it a bit more. I-i think the info is right for the most part.

As of now, its best to add people who have bronze or silver, as the ones with green usually have no flags, so they wont give you any either.
I think its a one time thing; i've added some people again after getting some the next day and didn't get any more. I'd have to do some in depth looking at this though so I have no idea if you can get more from them.

Crayolan

So I finally got to the Single Battle Chateleine with my clearly not cut out for the Maison main game team and lost on her Grumpig because I tried to Swagger with my Mightyena and my other two pokemon were fighting and poison type and went down to a single psychic. Turns out Grumpig has Own Tempo. =/

Happy to hear the Frontier Brain Theme for the Chateleines though! That makes me a lot more confident that the Battle Frontier is coming sometime in the future.

I keep getting the same mirage islands :( I need them TMs!

Also, after my success with Latias I think I'll try either going for a shiny Ho-Oh or Reshiram. They both look awesome shiny

EDIT Or Deoxys?! Oooh, but is he Shiny locked?

Looks like he's shiny locked as are the box legends and Mr Ray Ray.

Use buzznav to find bases -> visit all those bases, talk to the person for a free item, take their flag, and then if they have a higher level flag ask them to be your pal, otherwise delete their base via their secret base pc -> talk to pals in base for free flags ONCE. Someone with a platinum flag gives 30 free flags ONCE

As of now, its best to add people who have bronze or silver, as the ones with green usually have no flags, so they wont give you any either.
I think its a one time thing; i've added some people again after getting some the next day and didn't get any more. I'd have to do some in depth looking at this though so I have no idea if you can get more from them.
Greens often give me a few, roughly half the time really, and sometimes I get over a dozen flags from them. I've actually gotten over 20 flags from greens a couple times.

If it wasn't for greens I would still be in the low 800's, if that, instead of at 915 with a BuzzNav update left today.

Greens often give me a few, roughly half the time really, and sometimes I get over a dozen flags from them. I've actually gotten over 20 flags from greens a couple times.

If it wasn't for greens I would still be in the low 800's, if that, instead of at 915 with a BuzzNav update left today.

Wait so is the flag gift a 1-time thing?

Stefan™;141544516 said:
So is it basically impossible for us to build a living dex now?

it is more possible than ever?

Stefan™;141544516 said:

It's never impossible to build a livingdex.

To get all the pokemon takes a combination of patience, trading, and some luck

Stefan™;141544516 said:

Nope, actually ORAS makes it a lot easier to get them all.
I finished my living dex in Y, so it was easy to plunk them all in. I decided to make a Living Mega Dex for the megas so i didn't have to grab them out of my living dex too.

Nope, actually ORAS makes it a lot easier to get them all.
I finished my living dex in Y, so it was easy to plunk them all in. I decided to make a Living Mega Dex for the megas so i didn't have to grab them out of my living dex too.

Mega living dex sounds fun.

Still working on a shinydex (well all shinies that are available) and the inklings of a formdex (yeah i'm crazy. having all the vivillon patterns and unowns are a big step in this)

Wait so is the flag gift a 1-time thing?
As far as I can tell, yes. I think it's based on how many flags the person has recently collected before you tagged them, which would explain why greens occasionally give a bunch (they'd be people who decided to start working towards higher ranks) along with explaining why higher flags usually give more (they can't build up their rank without collecting flags), but I have no real proof of this. There also appears to be a cap of 30. If this is true then it would explain why WyndStryker got 30 flags off of me; I've been collecting upwards of 50 flags a day just by running around to bases, so even if it doesn't count flags given to you by pals I would still blow past the cap.

This is just conjecture, however.

As far as I can tell, yes. I think it's based on how many flags the person has recently collected before you tagged them, which would explain why greens occasionally give a bunch (they'd be people who decided to start working towards higher ranks) along with explaining why higher flags usually give more (they can't build up their rank without collecting flags), but I have no real proof of this. There also appears to be a cap of 30. If this is true then it would explain why WyndStryker got 30 flags off of me; I've been collecting upwards of 50 flags a day just by running around to bases, so even if it doesn't count flags given to you by pals I would still blow past the cap.

This is just conjecture, however.

Alright, your theory makes sense based off my experience as well. I'll run on that assumption.

Anyone have a darkrai they wanna trade? I can offer a shiny Rayquaza (hgss) perfect IVs. Its modest though. I also have an Adamant perfect IV Rayquaza (hgss), not shiny.

I need a 200 streak in battle maison for a starf berry holy mother of jesus...

Gonna go ahead and beat the Delta Episode. If I KO the legends (ray/dna) will they respawn somehow or do I just straight lose them?

Pics_nao

Started up my game and got the message that I got the Eon Ticket. Accidentally restarted the game and now it's gone. Did I just fuck up?

Started up my game and got the message that I got the Eon Ticket. Accidentally restarted the game and now it's gone. Did I just fuck up?

Check the pokecenter if there's someone that will give you a ticket. Getting the message doesn't mean you have it on your character yet.

alvmew

I need a 200 streak in battle maison for a starf berry holy mother of jesus...

Gonna go ahead and beat the Delta Episode. If I KO the legends (ray/dna) will they respawn somehow or do I just straight lose them?

You are required to catch Rayquaza to proceed with the story, so if you beat it, it will just immediately respawn for you to fight again. For the latter, it will respawn after you beat the Elite Four again following the Delta Episode.

You are required to catch Rayquaza to proceed with the story, so if you beat it, it will just immediately respawn for you to fight again. For the latter, it will respawn after you beat the Elite Four again following the Delta Episode.

Wonderful, thank you kindly.

DaBoss

Use buzznav to find bases -> visit all those bases, talk to the person for a free item, take their flag, and then if they have a higher level flag ask them to be your pal, otherwise delete their base via their secret base pc -> talk to pals in base for free flags each day. Someone with a platinum flag gives 30 free flags each day.

I see. So instead of trying to hoard some bronze or higher people, I should just continuously cycle Secret Bases. Thanks.

Thats the thing about shiny fishing...it's the easiest method to getting shinies. Working on a wailmer, might actually go to a mirage spot for some variation.

Still need to encounter another shiny randomly (as in not looking for a shiny). Sole reason why my shiny golem is so treasured. First shiny found ever, found as a graveller back in Pearl, in a cave. Didn't even know about shinies then too, I just caught it cause I knew it was special. Was only when I was transferring everything into XY that I realized I had a shiny.

Thats the thing about shiny fishing...it's the easiest method to getting shinies. Working on a wailmer, might actually go to a mirage spot for some variation.

Still need to encounter another shiny randomly (as in not looking for a shiny). Sole reason why my shiny golem is so treasured. First shiny found ever, found as a graveller back in Pearl, in a cave. Didn't even know about shinies then too, I just caught it cause I knew it was special. Was only when I was transferring everything into XY that I realized I had a shiny.

I still have my Machoke shiny that I caught back in...can't remember the game, just remember that it was in a Victory Road, IIRC. Never even got him to Machamp.

DaBoss

Man I just love Bulbapedia's layout though.
Really though, for such a big series, you would think there would be a Pokemon site that has all of the following:
- Up-to-date
- Good layout/Good interface
- Easy to navigate/read
- A nice-looking design
- Mobile friendly (I can't think of one that is mobile friendly)

Mainly talking about sites that give out general info and not competitive play sites.

EDIT: Not trying to disrespect anyone out there. Really do appreciate the work being done. Just expressing one of the things I find to be a bit disappointing.

DAMMIT, was around 40 chain then I sneezed and reeled in the line by accident....

Anyways. This golem is easily my star player. Sure I'm not the biggest fan of golems but he's been through a lot. I think thats pretty much one of my main goal in pokemon, get ribbons for my favorites.

nu10X.jpg

Top Bottom