• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I'll say it now. Paralysis is shit for capturing Pokemon with. Virizion is taking well over 20 balls to capture while Cobalion and Terrakion were done in less than 10 (if those numbers seem low, catching o-power is the answer). In one instance it ran out of PP and fained and that was after over 30 balls...

Why not use sleep on Virizion? Well, Spore is the only sleep move I've got so I'm stuck with Nuzzle :(

Anyway I'm off to take a break so should I keep or toss this specimen?
#640 Virizion [Jolly]
IVs: 31 / 10, 11 / 20, 21 / 31 / 31 / 31

As for thoughts on how to handle legendaries in the future. Spiritomb. Its speed base stats means it can be level 100 with 31 in a speed IV and a range of 106-169 with a neutral nature which covers most legendaries (I'll look into if -Spe nature still works or 0 Spe IV etc) and it has the great bulk. Hypnosis isn't spore though. Also how do we do false swipe? Enter the strongest false swipe user in the game...Mega Pinsir.

Yes it is nice to have one Pokemon which can do both the sleep and false swipe but Spiritomb is multi-purpose...

Toxi

Banned
theres tons of ways to address HMs... I can't imagine anyone thought of them fondly in terms of nostalgia.

Just have pokemon of the right type have the HM properties by default (big/ground dudes can strength, water dudes can surf/waterpool/waterfall. flying dudes can fly), and you can't activate them until you got the right gym badge.

even if the idea was to make it feel like you are relying on pokemon to explore the world, it never felt like that due to limitations. Now that everything is 3d models, there is little reason why you don't see your pokemon appear on screen to push the block, fly, surf etc.
The way I'd fix HMs would be to replace them with key items. Surf becomes a raft, Cut becomes a machete, Strength becomes a trolley, Fly becomes a Silph Co. Teleporter, etc. The HMs would be TMs, so you can still use Pokemon for those roles if you want.

Man, it really takes that long to find a dawn stone? I shelved my male Ralts and went for a female instead, gonna switch back when I can evolve the former.

I'll say it now. Paralysis is shit for capturing Pokemon with. Virizion is taking well over 20 balls to capture while Cobalion and Terrakion were done in less than 10 (if those numbers seem low, catching o-power is the answer). In one instance it ran out of PP and fained and that was after over 30 balls...

Why not use sleep on Virizion? Well, Spore is the only sleep move I've got so I'm stuck with Nuzzle :(

Anyway I'm off to take a break so should I keep or toss this specimen?
#640 Virizion [Jolly]
IVs: 31 / 10, 11 / 20, 21 / 31 / 31 / 31

As for thoughts on how to handle legendaries in the future. Spiritomb. Its speed base stats means it can be level 100 with 31 in a speed IV and a range of 106-169 with a neutral nature which covers most legendaries (I'll look into if -Spe nature still works or 0 Spe IV etc) and it has the great bulk. Hypnosis isn't spore though. Also how do we do false swipe? Enter the strongest false swipe user in the game...Mega Pinsir.

Yes it is nice to have one Pokemon which can do both the sleep and false swipe but Spiritomb is multi-purpose...

Virizion is just a pain in the ass to catch period.

Macka

I'm down to the final stretch.

1. Dusclops
2. Bonsly
3. Dewott
4. Samurott
5. Seismitoad
6. Leavanny
7. Whirlipede
8. Crustle
9. Archeops
10. Vanilluxe
11. Escavalier
12. Ferrothorn
13. Klinklang
14. Chandelure
15. Haxorus
16. Cryogonal
17. Volcarona
18. Aromatisse
19. Tyrantrum
20. Aurorus
21. Sylveon

If anyone could help me with any of these, even with tradebacks, that would be awesome.

Sigh, I'm out, I have no patience to keep trying to fix this crappy homepass, this error 2001 keeps happening.

I'll just keep breeding and fighting on the resort.

Qurupeke

Using this method that was talked about yesterday, I got from 90 flags to 336 flags this morning:
1. Go to Secret Bases 5 at a time
2. Collect the flag there and add them as a Secret Pal, regardless of what their flag color is.
3. Go back to your base and talk to them. They may or may not give flags and the amount will vary.
4. Ask them to do a Special Talent thing. Make sure you talked to Aarune after getting 30, 100, 500, and 1000 flags. You will be able to choose from more than one Special Talent, and some of them are pretty nice. The best one is they can give you evolution stones and Everstones by choosing the "Pick up stones" option.
5. Say good-bye to them so that you have more room for Secret Pals. Then go to your PC and delete their Secret Base.

You're a lifesaver.

Oh crap, guys, need some help over here. Don't know how, but I got the Eon Ticket (the homepass worked, apparently, just when I was closing it down).

My question is: I got the message about the Eon Ticket on Buzznav, then saved the game. I then had to get the Beldum that I was waiting to soft reset, only after that I was able to get my ticket. If I reset now, will I lose the ticket? I want to SR for the Beldum but if I had to choose between the Beldum and the Latias, I will take the Latias.

I already have a pretty shiny good Metagross, so I can live without Stevens.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
DexNav on Jagged Pass. :/

Finally got a Level 30, 1-Star Spoink for my in-game team though. YES!

DaBoss

So something is apparently on this tile?
https://vine.co/v/OvIAbXWmLxl

Can't walk through it despite the fact that I should be able to. Nothing that major, but still strange.
Oh crap, guys, need some help over here. Don't know how, but I got the Eon Ticket (the homepass worked, apparently, just when I was closing it down).

My question is: I got the message about the Eon Ticket on Buzznav, then saved the game. I then had to get the Beldum that I was waiting to soft reset, only after that I was able to get my ticket. If I reset now, will I lose the ticket? I want to SR for the Beldum but if I had to choose between the Beldum and the Latias, I will take the Latias.

I already have a pretty shiny good Metagross, so I can live without Stevens.
You won't lose it.

NZerker12

I have been SR for a good Groudon for days now, I even went and did the delta episode and got a near perfect Rayquaza, but still having problems getting a good groudon.

Now I finally caught one which seems decent but I am not to sure whether I should keep it or retry for the umpteenth time.

It is Adamant with IV's of 9-11, 29-31, 25-26, 29-31, 29-31, 27-28.

The speed I am not that worried about as it will at least allow me to win a weather war with primal kyogre, but tbh it is the HP which is making me reconsider keeping it.

Azuran

Banned
I know she is in ORAS, but its her purpose explained somewhere?

It's all leading up to Pokemon: Worlds Collides. Maybe she's May from the original timeline trying to warn us about something. Maybe she's not a ghost at all but a Holographic interpretation of the real self.

I'm down to the final 24.

1. Archeops
2. Aromatisse
3. Aurorus
4. Blitzle
5. Bonsly
6. Chandelure
7. Crustle
8. Cryogonal
9. Dewott
10. Dusclops
11. Escavalier
12. Ferrothorn
13. Glameow
14. Haxorus
15. Klinklang
16. Leavanny
17. Rampardos
18. Samurott
19. Seismitoad
20. Sylveon
21. Tyrantrum
22. Vanilluxe
23. Volcarona
24. Whirlipede

If anyone could help me with any of these, even with tradebacks, that would be awesome.

If you're still around, I can help. It'll be mostly tradebacks though.

Fandangox

It's all leading up to Pokemon: World Collides. Maybe she's May from the original timeline trying to warned us about something.

I am assuming she is a hint at some future dlc or event, I don't think she has any coded purpose or otherwise people would have found something already.

Then again this being gamefreak, its hard to think it may be DLC so I am also wondering if she is just a no purpose NPC like those 2 nemed NPCs in the safari zone of the very first game.

Woo! Cleared the E4 on my Nuzlocke run. Time to start messing around with legendary hunting, competitive breeding, and filling out the dex. I'll try to remember to post my team later, along with those team members that fell along the way.

MicH

Just got access to a new Mirage Spot and lo and behold - it contained the TM for FLASH CANNON! YES! Those mirage spot TMs are so hard to get :(

I figured this out. The range for the level 50 mirage legendaries is 77 to 115 base speed. I need the perfect speed IV to scout higher speeds. In fact, be able to scout the 77 base speed I need a negative speed nature also (at perfect speed IV a range of 95-152 works). This does not hinder scouting of a positive nature 115 base speed (might benefit it actually as the EV needed is 232 or more importantly 252-20...).

Basically it means I don't have to worry about so much about making speed scouts as Spiritomb can be made to always pull through for those ones.

For things like the other Lati and the Regi trio I just have to catch and hope or breed things up (but who cares about perfect speed Regice...not like you're going to run Scarf Registeel). Not too worried about Groudon because of higher catch rate, not playing ubers (or free battle) and having a hacked 6IV one already.

Firestorm

Damn Im having almost no success in the meta game. In XY I had a pretty good nucleus with Clafable as the cleric/tank but this time around it seems theres alot of physical pokemon giving her a hard time. My teams have almost no synergy and im struggling to find the correct balance between sweepers, walls, etc.

Any tips? I only play doubles now so Im not sure about how much entry hazards really matter in this format this time around. In XY I had no hazard setters and had alot of success
Don't use entry hazards in doubles. There's almost always something better you could be doing with your turn than setting up a hazard.
HM's will always be a thing. Whats the point have having a pokemon if the main char can do all the work
Have separate slots for HMs and we're basically fine. It's having to be a part of the main moveset that's aggravating. My Milotic has Surf, Dive, and Waterfall now.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
The way I'd fix HMs would be to replace them with key items. Surf becomes a raft, Cut becomes a machete, Strength becomes a trolley, Fly becomes a Silph Co. Teleporter, etc. The HMs would be TMs, so you can still use Pokemon for those roles if you want.

Or you could just have a separate move set called "HM", which are moves that cannot be used in battle, but are used for the environment (surf, strength, dive, cut, etc.), but only moves that the Pokémon is still capable of learning as they are now.

Or you could just have a separate move set called "HM", which are moves that cannot be used in battle, but are used for the environment (surf, strength, dive, cut, etc.), but only moves that the Pokémon is still capable of learning as they are now.

Or make it so you don't have to carry a Pokemon that knows the HM with you. Most of them are pretty good moves in battle, so I don't mind having Surf and/or Waterfall on my water type party member, it's being required to have both plus dive on the same Pokemon that really sucks. Being able to leave HM slaves in the box would solve that.

So I've got two questions, they could very easily sound super dumb so I apologize in advance. My first is can I still transfer my pokemon from White/Black to the pokebank since they shut down the whole thingy with the wifi stuff. My second question is does the Feebas thing still work, because I'm at the same exact spot I was yesterday and now I'm not only getting Feebas I'm also getting Magikarp and Carvanha.

DaBoss

So here I was resetting for a Timid good IV Latias and then...
pp6DRSb.jpg

I heard the shiny sound, but I didn't really pay attention. I was just looking at my Thundrus (the Pokemon I used to check if Latias had max speed or not) and saw that it attacked second. So I was browsing the net and decided to look down and then saw it was yellow, and I just shook in my seat in surprise lol. My first "random" shiny in ORAS, if it can count as random.

And the best part is that the IV spread is pretty good.

Latias (Timid): 23 / 11 / 23 / 31 / 31 / 31

Macka

If you're still around, I can help. It'll be mostly tradebacks though.
I've missed you, haven't I? Only have a few left now.

1. Bonsly
2. Dewott
3. Samurott
4. Leavanny
5. Whirlipede
6. Crustle
7. Archeops
8. Vanilluxe
9. Klinklang
10. Haxorus
11. Volcarona

Rafavert

1. Bonsly
2. Dewott
3. Samurott
4. Leavanny
5. Whirlipede
6. Crustle
7. Archeops
8. Vanilluxe
9. Klinklang
10. Haxorus
11. Volcarona

By tradebacks I assume you mean give you and then you send it back, right?

If that's the case, I can help you with a bunch of those.

1. Bonsly
2. Dewott
3. Samurott
4. Leavanny
5. Whirlipede
6. Crustle
7. Archeops
8. Vanilluxe
9. Klinklang
10. Haxorus
11. Volcarona
I'm still here.

My FC is in my profile

EDIT: Or Rafavert can help you. Your choice.

Grexeno

So I've got two questions, they could very easily sound super dumb so I apologize in advance. My first is can I still transfer my pokemon from White/Black to the pokebank since they shut down the whole thingy with the wifi stuff. My second question is does the Feebas thing still work, because I'm at the same exact spot I was yesterday and now I'm not only getting Feebas I'm also getting Magikarp and Carvanha.
Pokebank and Poke Transporter use 3DS internet, so you're good.

Macka

By tradebacks I assume you mean give you and then you send it back, right?

If that's the case, I can help you with a bunch of those.
I'm still here.

My FC is in my profile

EDIT: Or Rafavert can help you. Your choice.
Awesome, thanks a lot guys. I guess I'll add WrenchNinja now since you offered first, and if I still need help afterwards hopefully Rafavert will have the rest.

My FC is 4725-8064-6593

Linius

Well that ended weird. Ninjask managed to barely faint my Carvanha, and then rough skin fainted Ninjask. Both fainted, nobody got XP -_-'

Macka

Added you both and coming online now. Thanks so much for doing this!

This is the updated list:

1. Bonsly
2. Dewott
3. Samurott
4. Leavanny
5. Whirlipede
6. Crustle
7. Vanilluxe
8. Haxorus
9. Volcarona
10. Dusclops
11. Klinklang

Rafavert

Added you both and coming online now. Thanks so much for doing this!

This is the updated list:

1. Bonsly
2. Dewott
3. Samurott
4. Leavanny
5. Whirlipede
6. Crustle
7. Vanilluxe
8. Haxorus
9. Volcarona
10. Dusclops
11. Klinklang