• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Resetting for this Beldum without a Synchro or even fixed stats is reminding me of the old days.

castle_reaction_gif_by_namgis-d5wv9zb.gif

...one more pokemon to finish the contests with...my Luxray

Then I'll never touch another contest in this game again. Crazy enough I've gone through each set 5 times already.

Shun

God did they purposely make the male rival this annoying? The way he smiles during battle animations makes me want to punch him in the face. His losing animation makes me want punch him in the face too.

I feel so bad for her with the kind of dialogue she has to deal with throughout the game.

Honestly I just wanna clear my boxes, but if you have anything with Ice punch or a swift swim Poliwag I'd really appreciate it. Any IV would do, I'm just trying to breed

I don't have either, only on the 3rd gym, but want to start getting my team together now.

FC is 4313-2589-6151 if still interested.

God did they purposely make the male rival this annoying? The way he smiles during battle animations makes me want to punch him in the face. His losing animation makes me want punch him in the face too.

I feel so bad for her with the kind of dialogue she has to deal with throughout the game.

I'm pretty sure it's on purpose.
So that the one true rival can shine brighter

Fandangox

A friend told me that Brendan was as annoying in the originals if he was your rival.

Muku

I've lost count on the Latias SR, but I haven't been counting since I've been multitasking, maybe 6-8 a session? Not going anywhere till I get my timid shiny Latias.

I hear you. Had two SRing sessions last night. Last one lasted until almost 2am. Latias just doesn't think I'm serious. Not leaving this island until I get the golden one.

On a side note, if you get the message you got an Eon ticket, then SR without saving, do you lose it or keep it? The one time I took my game out to SR on train, I ended up getting one. Decided to check mailbox because it was annoying me. I got one, but didn't save after getting message. Mainly because I'm not woried if I lose or keep it because I'm going to be getting it through my Corocoro code soon. Just more of a "does it keep or not" question because I'm stuck on the island and curious.

I hear you. Had two SRing sessions last night. Last one lasted until almost 2am. Latias just doesn't think I'm serious. Not leaving this island until I get the golden one.

On a side note, if you get the message you got an Eon ticket, then SR without saving, do you lose it or keep it? The one time I took my game out to SR on train, I ended up getting one. Decided to check mailbox because it was annoying me. I got one, but didn't save after getting message. Mainly because I'm not woried if I lose or keep it because I'm going to be getting it through my Corocoro code soon. Just more of a "does it keep or not" question because I'm stuck on the island and curious.

I had a similar question. Here's what happened to me: I got the Eon Ticket message on Buzznav, then saved the game. Went to get it but discovered that I had to get the Beldum first. I want to SR for that, but I was afraid that I was going to lose it. I tried SRing and the ticket stayed there, right after getting the Beldum.

-Horizon-

Beat Winona (love her design, praise be Game Freak for character redesigns). Somehow got an eon ticket, probably from someone at my university. I'm happy though, I was sure I was gonna miss getting it in general.

DaBoss

Speaking of Winoa...(post-game spoilers)

Am I supposed to do something about her being on top of a satellite tower thing? I was so confused by what I was looking at lol.

CB Adamant BP Technician Scizor is so much fun. Dumb, but fun, like a popcorn action movie. It feels like the "Press A for Awesome", pokemon version.

Azuran

Banned
Is this a good Latios for you guys? 4 perfect IVs after 30 mins of SR:

Timid
31/24-26/14-16/31/31/31

Defense is meh, but this is the closest I have gotten to a good one.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

Timid
31/24-26/14-16/31/31/31

Well, it depends on your level of dedication, and if you're actually going to try and use it anywhere.

Due to restrictions, most of my legends either only see use as quick kills for xp gain in le WoW / Blissey spam, or just get put away in the pc.

Kind of sad, really.

Shun

Timid
31/24-26/14-16/31/31/31

Keep it. Latias would benefit more from defense anyway.

You're there to hit hard and run with Latios, it can't take a hit and most of the time it'd be OHKO'd.

Latias is there for people who want to be able to take a hit on the switch in then hit hard.

Azuran

Banned
How does one check IVs?

You can use a calculator like this one or the IV Judge which is more accurate when you get to the postgame.

You're there to hit hard and run with Latios, it can't take a hit and most of the time it'd be OHKO'd.

Latias is there for people who want to be able to take a hit on the switch in then hit hard.

Yeah, I'm keeping it. Knowing my luck, I'll probably won't come close to that ever again and I don't want to be stuck at this spot forever. I don't use legendaries much, but it's always nice to have some with good stats in case I ever pull them out for some serious play.

Muku

I had a similar question. Here's what happened to me: I got the Eon Ticket message on Buzznav, then saved the game. Went to get it but discovered that I had to get the Beldum first. I want to SR for that, but I was afraid that I was going to lose it. I tried SRing and the ticket stayed there, right after getting the Beldum.

Yeah, I saw that a page or two back. Unfortunately, doesn't answer my question though. I didn't save. On purpose. Didn't care if I lost it or not, just wondering whenever I can get off this god forsaken island whether I should hit up the PC for it (if it's still there) or just move on because it won't be there.

Ultimately, I'm not hurting for it which is why I didn't save. Got my Eon Ticket serial code right here. But, if it saves I'd like to also know so that I can take my 3DS out with me and help other folks.

anyone wanna help me out finishing the national dex? I only need a few pokemon and I don't need to keep them. I'm missing:

Porygon-Z
Porygon2
Electivire
Rhyperior
Magmar
Lugia

and I think that's it unless Victini counts towards its completion.

Is Victini still available to catch in BW2?

hello pokegaf,
i've been playing pokemon for awhile, but dont really understand natures and iv. all i want is to see a shiny in game. how are you all doing shiny magikarps? seems like the most common of them all
btw the games is really fun

I got a skarmory with 4IVs that is a breeding reject.

I'll take it thanks.

I like giving perfect ones away since I tend to breed them in batches, but I'm not at the postgame yet and don't want to get back to X yet otherwise I'll never finish this game. >.<
Any you give will be appreciated because I'm clueless when it comes to breeding and IV's and all that stuff..

My FC is: 0361 7608 7746

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Man, the scenario in this FLIES BY...

Just beat Norman, and I've only gone through like two "dungeons", and fought like 6 Team Aqua members.

In comparison, like in BW and XY, by now you'd have trekked through like three really annoying caves, and battled like 30 Plasma/Flare members.

one_kill

hello pokegaf,
i've been playing pokemon for awhile, but dont really understand natures and iv. all i want is to see a shiny in game. how are you all doing shiny magikarps? seems like the most common of them all
btw the games is really fun
Chain fishing. It's the easiest way to get a legit shiny yourself.

Just need a Pokemon that has either Suction Cups or Sticky Hold as an ability (like Grimer and Inkay) in the first slot of your party. Choose a spot to fish, reel out your rod, reel in whatever you catch, run/fight/catch whatever you reeled in, and keep going for however long you like (usually until you catch a shiny). Make sure not to reel in too slow as it'll break the chain.

Man, the scenario in this FLIES BY...

Just beat Norman, and I've only gone through like two "dungeons", and fought like 6 Team Aqua members.

In comparison, like in BW and XY, by now you'd have trekked through like three really annoying caves, and battled like 30 Plasma/Flare members.
When did something like that happen in XY? The only one I can remember is when you're at Team Flare's hideout.

I have Scythers, Bagons, Larvitars and Dratinis with 4, maybe 5IV to give away too if anyone needs one :)

I am interested in all of those, especially the Bagon and Scyther!

I am at work right now, but if you are around anytime this weekend I would love to take some off your hands!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, I just got Latias (and forced onto my team :/), when can I Soar on it?

When did something like that happen in XY? The only one I can remember is when you're at Team Flare's hideout.

I guess moreso BW...

Busaiku

I don't get the 27th or whatever strongest people.
I thought we would fight that many Team Aqua members, but it might've only been 1/2 that, prior to Delta at least.

Azuran

Banned
I'll take it thanks.

Any you give will be appreciated because I'm clueless when it comes to breeding and IV's and all that stuff..

My FC is: 0361 7608 7746

You can have any of the breeding rejects I have on me. They're all 5IV since those are the only ones I keep. Need to check first but they're all useful.

FC in profile.

Finally imported most of my X mons to AS and I'm only short 34 to fill the Hoenn dex, but well behind in the national side missing 300ish? Just gotta evolve most of them to fill it out.

Top Bottom