• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Azuran

Banned
My Mega Manectric just went completely rampant on Winona. I kinda feel like restarting the battle without a mega because that was so one sided I kinda felt bad lol

DeVeAn

So, I have Pokemon dating back to Ruby. Is there anyway to organize them by ID number quickly? I have Poke Bank but there seems to be no options...

Muku

So, I have Pokemon dating back to Ruby. Is there anyway to organize them by ID number quickly? I have Poke Bank but there seems to be no options...

As far as I know, no. Any organization you want, you'll have to do on your own. It's a long process but it's worth it in the end. I went by Pokemon # with the boxes labeled as from what number to what number.

Linius

added

edit: Ohh, Protean Kecleon. Actually worth a quick ball.
edit 2: Ohh...3 star protean kecleon with fake out
edit 3: HOLY SHISKABOB A SHINY KECLEON RIGHT AFTER! Roughly 13 dexnav chain (been using cut to kill the kecleons to keep track)

Damn, that's one lucky chain. Congrats!

I can't keep count of the shiny's anymore.

jqk768U.jpg

ad01bdc566.png

added

edit: Ohh, Protean Kecleon. Actually worth a quick ball.
edit 2: Ohh...3 star protean kecleon with fake out
edit 3: HOLY SHISKABOB A SHINY KECLEON RIGHT AFTER! Roughly 13 dexnav chain (been using cut to kill the kecleons to keep track)

Wow lol. Are you using shiny charm? I'll never get the darn shiny charm.

DeVeAn

As far as I know, no. Any organization you want, you'll have to do on your own. It's a long process but it's worth it in the end. I went by Pokemon # with the boxes labeled as from what number to what number.

This is what I want but man is it tedious...

I organized it like that too. Yeah, it's tedious but feels good afterward.

I only did that for my living dex though, everything else is largely a giant mess.

Spend 2 hours on a chain of 100 Ralts... no shiny.
Spend 30 minutes on a few Feebas chains because they kept running and it was already 8 pm... no shiny.

Go to grind for Heart Scales at Ever Grande... Shiny Luvdisc after a chain of 4. Also, it's Adamant. Something tells me this won't be the last time this exact scenario happens.

Muku

I organized it like that too. Yeah, it's tedious but feels good afterward.

I only did that for my living dex though, everything else is largely a giant mess.

LOL, I feel anal then. My shiny dex is also set up by #. As is my alternative forms box. There is one box with stuff I gotta transfer to other games that is kinda disorganized. It's usually my transfer some different Scatter's to my main game to trade box.

Panzon

OH YEAH!!

Edit: Shit how do I make the pic not come out so damned big?

K1A5Hkms.jpg

Edit 2: Well, you get the point. Timid with 5 perfect IVs. Woo Hoo

one_kill

Man, I can't wait to finish ORAS. I want to play Smash, but I feel like I need to finish at least the story.

I'm about to infiltrate Team Aqua's base. I'm aiming to play until I beat the last gym. Hope it won't be too long.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Does the GL "your first time defeating the champion with these Pokemon" post use shiny recolor when you finish it with a shiny?

Linius

Managed to get a copy of Pokemon White 2 for 6,50 euros. Thanks to a store dumping it's games department. Now I've got one copy of each release again :D

Linius

I remember getting Soul Silver in that big box with the stepcounter. Totally screwed my exam week the week after. Oh well.

So, I just got Latias (and forced onto my team :/), when can I Soar on it?
When you get the Eon flute later in your adventure. Turns out that it is so loyal the Eon flute will work even after the Lati@s has been traded away...

Does the GL "your first time defeating the champion with these Pokemon" post use shiny recolor when you finish it with a shiny?
As far as the 300*300 icons go GL has no shiny variants.

Seil

When you get the Eon flute later in your adventure. Turns out that it is so loyal the Eon flute will work even after the Lati@s has been traded away...

I can't help but imagine a trainer locked in a fierce battle only to have the Lati@s he traded for abandon him =p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I need 1 more for the team. I going for a Hoenn-mon only run and I don't accept mons introduced from other regions but are in Hoenn. I did the same think back in W, W2, and X, so I am going for one right now.

I already have Swampert, Gardevoir, Manectric, Breloom, and Altaria. I need one more for the team!

As far as the 300*300 icons go GL has no shiny variants.

Ah all right then.

MicH

Oh my god, I just found the Unown Mirage Spot. Welp, time to catch every single letter in a luxury ball because I am crazy

MicH

Got all the Unown forms in luxury ball. Finally it's easy to get every single form. Into my living dex they go

is it just me or connecting to the internet seems much slower than X/Y? It's like taking a whole minute to connect and then get disconnected 10 minutes after

Takashi

You guys weren't kidding about
Wally's theme. Really cool. But I wish he'd been a little more prevalent during the story to give that battle more meaning.

is it just me or connecting to the internet seems much slower than X/Y? It's like taking a whole minute to connect and then get disconnected 10 minutes after

There's more data in the initial connection than in XY (Secret bases, buzznav news on top of the passersby) so I'm not surprised if it takes slightly longer. However the disconnect thing doesn't happen to me.

ffdgh

Oh how I wish I could skip that southen island cutscene -_-. Finally found a great IV spread for latias tho.

27/28/29

Pierate

XX amount of SR's and many premier balls later I finally caught an adamant Groudon with some really nice IV's: 31/31/31/0-2/31/27-29

I'm probably one of the few who didn't mind rest, since it meant not having to bother with status effects myself, but rather focus on getting its HP into red (which my vaporeon was able to do with a single ice beam).

I'm dipping my toes into breeding for the first time... and I have no idea what I'm doing!

I have two Growlithe's, can anybody tell me which one is better and is that one worth using or shall I keep breeding?

The IV judge in Kiloude in X says:

1) HP + ATTACK + SP.ATK + SP.DEF can’t be beat! (Lax nature)
2) HP + DEFENCE + SPEED + SP.ATK can’t be beat! (Sassy nature)

I really need to follow some guides and stuff -_-

I'm dipping my toes into breeding for the first time... and I have no idea what I'm doing!

I have two Growlithe's, can anybody tell me which one is better and is that one worth using or shall I keep breeding?

1 = 31 in HP, Atk, SPatk, SPdef. Aka 31 /31 / X / 31 / 31 / X. Lax ups def, lowers SPdef

2= 31 in HP, Def, Spd, SpAtk. Aka 31 / X / 31 / 31 / X / 31. Sassy ups SPdef, lowers Spd

A growlithe/arcanine is more of a balanced attacker so the 1st one is better.

MicH

XX amount of SR's and many premier balls later I finally caught an adamant Groudon with some really nice IV's: 31/31/31/0-2/31/27-29

I'm probably one of the few who didn't mind rest, since it meant not having to bother with status effects myself, but rather focus on getting its HP into red (which my vaporeon was able to do with a single ice beam).
That's a really good Groudon! Congrats!

When he says a star can't be beat it means it's perfect (31 IVs)

The rule with breeding is always nature and egg moves first then worry about IVs.

As for idea on what natures to choose I like to use the tools at the Pokemon Global link:
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/xy/
ORAS and XY league are separate but given sets are done by season you get less odd sets by looking at say Season 6 on XY. You'll get a feel for standard sets and some more unexpected ideas (e.g. Arcanine using snarl for debuff utility). You can see Close Combat is commonly run in singles (not so much in doubles probably because of the defence drops) and Morning sun is occasionally run so you want those two egg moves to at least have the option available (while Flare Blitz is an egg move and Arcanine itself can not learn it, Growlithe gets it as a level up move).

Arcanine is reasonable with special attacks but its physical pool is much better. Especially being one the chosen few with Extreme Speed.

1 = 31 in HP, Atk, SPatk, SPdef. Aka 31 /31 / X / 31 / 31 / X. Lax ups def, lowers SPdef

2= 31 in HP, Def, Spd, SpAtk. Aka 31 / X / 31 / 31 / X / 31. Sassy ups SPdef, lowers Spd

A growlithe/arcanine is more of a balanced attacker so the 1st one is better.

When he says a star can't be beat it means it's perfect (31 IVs)

Nice one, cheers guys.
One more thing... regarding Super/EV Training, should I then just solely focus that in the areas he isn't perfect in?

The rule with breeding is always nature and egg moves first then worry about IVs.

As for idea on what natures to choose I like to use the tools at the Pokemon Global link:
http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/xy/
ORAS and XY league are separate but given sets are done by season you get less odd sets by looking at say Season 6 on XY. You'll get a feel for standard sets and some more unexpected ideas (e.g. Arcanine using snarl for debuff utility). You can see Close Combat is commonly run in singles (not so much in doubles probably because of the defence drops) and Morning sun is occasionally run so you want those two egg moves to at least have the option available (while Flare Blitz is an egg move and Arcanine itself can not learn it, Growlithe gets it as a level up move).

Arcanine is reasonable with special attacks but its physical pool is much better. Especially being one the chosen few with Extreme Speed.

Well I know what I'm doing with my evening!
Thanks for the help, breeding always seemed overwhelming but I'm getting my head around it now. A little.
The Growlithe only has Fire Fang and Flame Burst as egg moves, both of which it'd learn anyway. Plus I now see the nature isn't the best. Hmmm.
Might keep breeding :)

Are there any guides or general rules for Super Training? I haven't really messed with that at all yet.

Congrats! Spheal is legit the most adorable Pokemon ever

DexNaving in caves is such a pain. Looking for a good Spheal as my final team member.

Top Bottom