• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

javac

I'm finding this really boring compared to the last few Pokemon games where I would play for 100's of hours in a few days, even with work. I have soo much free time now and I still can't be bothered to play it. I was soo hyped too. Really lost my appetite to play anything this year.

Lv. 41 Spheal. :D That was fast lmao.

Has Rollout. Cool, I guess. Not that Spheal has any particularly good egg moves. In it for Thick Fat anyway.

With the breeding dittos subreddit temporarily closed due to overwhelming demand, what's the easiest way to get a 6 iv ditto? I do have a second 3DS and copies of White and Soul Silver if necessary. Just finished the AS yesterday and is like to quickly finish up the team I started breeding in Y.

Macka

On a related note, I just got a Jolly 5 IV with 3 Defence. Gonna reset this away, but hope I don't regret it...
I just settled for this spread:

27/31/31/31/24/31

I might try and get a better one when I inevitably get Alpha Sapphire, but this is pretty solid.

You can find 6 IV ditto giveaways on a bunch of different forums if you google around. Not terribly difficult to find one. I got mine via wondertrade.

Blue-kun

Not sure if I should ask here or bump the older thread, but to avoid doing so, anyone active has a Dragon Friend Safari in X/Y with Dratini? Wanted to catch a few with its HA. Alternatively, if anyone has a Hidden Ability Dratini and wants to trade, I was breeding a bunch of Totodile yesterday, so I still have some 4 IVs ones here, with both Aqua Jet and Dragon Dance on it.

Cheers!

Not sure if I should ask here or bump the older thread, but to avoid doing so, anyone active has a Dragon Friend Safari in X/Y with Dratini? Wanted to catch a few with its HA. Alternatively, if anyone has a Hidden Ability Dratini and wants to trade, I was breeding a bunch of Totodile yesterday, so I still have some 4 IVs ones here, with both Aqua Jet and Dragon Dance on it.

Cheers!
Check here, and PM someone.

Azuran

Banned
Nice one, cheers guys.
One more thing... regarding Super/EV Training, should I then just solely focus that in the areas he isn't perfect in?

Well I know what I'm doing with my evening!
Thanks for the help, breeding always seemed overwhelming but I'm getting my head around it now. A little.
The Growlithe only has Fire Fang and Flame Burst as egg moves, both of which it'd learn anyway. Plus I now see the nature isn't the best. Hmmm.
Might keep breeding :)

Are there any guides or general rules for Super Training? I haven't really messed with that at all yet.

With EVs, you usually want to focus on what a Pokemon is good at.

For Super Training, Serebii has a simple and good one here.

Yrael

Resetting for Rayquaza is the worst thing ever. How could you guys even tell if your sync'er worked?

I used this IV checker and set the nature to "Jolly". There's a certain range of IVs that each stat can have for a given nature. If the stats for a captured Rayquaza causes the IV calculator to give an error, then it must mean that its nature is not Jolly.

Are there any guides or general rules for Super Training? I haven't really messed with that at all yet.
Generally don't use it is it is slow compared to hordes+power items (super training is good for fine tuning if you need specific splits rather than simple minmax). Joe86 wrote a guide for Nintendo Life:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...mate_pokemon_in_omega_ruby_and_alpha_sapphire
The EV down berries grow really quickly in ORAS (as do berries in general, I guess Japan it is a good climate compared to France)

Resetting for Rayquaza is the worst thing ever. How could you guys even tell if your sync'er worked?
If you're synching for +Speed natures then you can use a Pokemon with a similar speed stat to scout it. Jolly/Timid level 70 Rayquaza with 31 speed IV has 174 speed so using a Pokemon with 173 speed will tell you on turn 1 if Rayquaza is faster (if you go first it is a tie or lower, reset and try again as either sync didn't work or the IV is imperfect).

Otherwise you just have to open the stats screen on turn 1 of the battle afterwards and enter the numbers into a calculator.

Azuran

Banned

Cheers!

I don't have the friend safari, but I can quickly breed you a 5IV one with it's HA and Extreme Speed if you want.

Blue-kun

Check here, and PM someone.

Thanks, gonna give it a go. It can be trick, with OR/AS coming out and all this time later, I imagine a lot of people on the list might not be active anymore, and the 'having to catch them online' bit might be a hassle, but it's worth a shot!

I don't have the friend safari, but I can quickly breed you a 5IV one with it's HA and Extreme Speed if you want.

Oh, that'd be wonderful. No real need for ExtremeSpeed, if that ends up being more effort, and about the IVs, I can take care of that too, so no need to try too hard there! haha. My FC's 3754-7158-5786, if you want to add me.

Toxi

Banned
God, I forgot how lame the lake trio is. Why do they have to be the first legendaries I encounter while soaring?

Azuran

Banned
Oh, that'd be wonderful. No real need for ExtremeSpeed, if that ends up being more effort, and about the IVs, I can take care of that too, so no need to try too hard there! haha. My FC's 3754-7158-5786, if you want to add me.

I love Dragonite, so I already have my breeding Dratini with ES specifically for it. :p

Give me 10 minutes and I'll have it ready for you.

God, I forgot how lame the lake trio is. Why do they have to be the first legendaries I encounter while soaring?

post-303-1381163059.jpg

Blue-kun

I love Dragonite, so I already have my breeding Dratini with ES specifically for it. :p

Give me 10 minutes and I'll have it ready for you.

Sure thing, thanks! Send me your FC then or put it up on GTS asking for a Totodile and I can send it that way, whichever works best for you!

Azuran

Banned
Sure thing, thanks! Send me your FC then or put it up on GTS asking for a Totodile and I can send it that way, whichever works best for you!

FC: 1032-1686-2546
IGN: Anto

Just request a trade. Knowing the GTS and my luck, i'll probably get sniped in seconds .

Azuran

Banned
Added you, forgot to say, but my IGN is Nana. Sending you a request now!

EDIT: Thanks!

No problem. Enjoy! :)

Also, just found out now that I have a spare perfect Charmander (31/31/31/x/31/31) with Dragon Dance and since I'm in a giving mood, first person who wants it gets it!

Camisado

No problem. Enjoy! :)

Also, just found out now that I have a spare perfect Charmander (31/31/31/x/31/31) with Dragon Dance and since I'm in a giving mood, first person who wants it gets it!

Can you trade a non regional dex pokémon like that before getting the national dex? Because if so I'd love it!

k1t4j

Hey guys anyone has a piplup to trade?

Is one of my favourite pokemons. in GTS they are asking for Kyogre :S

edit: dam auto correct

Kinokou

Hey, I need two everstones, I have nothing special to trade on ORAS (just hit the contest hall) but I'll gladly ev train a poke per stone.

If I don't hear anything within two hours I'll repost the next time I have time.

k1t4j

Added. Just request a trade and is all yours.

I have one you can have. :)

Seriously? thanks a lot dude is there any pokemon you want in particular? I haven't advanced much in ruby but I had quite a few in X

my Name is Kitaj and friend code is 0275-8144-4611

Top Bottom