• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

hunnies28

While in the Mirage Cave I wound up with a Shiny Tynamo. Shame the design is so bad (Eelektrik is bad too) but I guess seaweed green Eelektrossis neat.

Thats why you are supposed to kill it and come back after the Elite 4.
Yes it respwans
Btw you can do the same thing to
Deoxys (which is even worse than Groudon)

Oh wow, I had no idea about that. Well I'm screwed anyway since I ended up with a mediocre Impish one.

Thanks again Spin.

Does anyone have any tips on how to chain with DexNav? I'm trying to get a shiny Joltik on route 116 and more often then not when I try and search for one it says that there are none in the area and to move to a different spot. Am I doing something wrong? Does it break the chain when it can't find a Pokemon in the area?

ffdgh

Annd Wallace is down...and extremely fabulous. Got the national dex and the shiny charm so onward to victoy road!

Griss

While in the Mirage Cave I wound up with a Shiny Tynamo. Shame the design is so bad (Eelektrik is bad too) but I guess seaweed green Eelektrossis neat.

Thats why you are supposed to kill it and come back after the Elite 4.
Yes it respwans
Btw you can do the same thing to
Deoxys (which is even worse than Groudon)

God damn, I wish I had known those two things. Ended up using two masterballs to relieve the frustration, and happy that I never had any cause to use the Masterball in X.

Ninjask with Sword Dance and Baton Pass is so GODLY in-game

Pretty much just spent a turn sword dancing against Wallace, Baton Passed to Machamp and one shotted the whole team. (Also gave Machamp Metronome for added power lol)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Thanks again Spin.

Does anyone have any tips on how to chain with DexNav? I'm trying to get a shiny Joltik on route 116 and more often then not when I try and search for one it says that there are none in the area and to move to a different spot. Am I doing something wrong? Does it break the chain when it can't find a Pokemon in the area?

In my limited personal experience, in order to not get the 'not in the area' message, you need to be out of the grass, or at least not in a 'limited' area of screen space where you can't see another patch.

I have no idea how it actually works, tho.

Caladrius

I just charged my phone so I could record the last ball throw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpkxM0MYtqM

7GZlpLP.jpg

I got so incredibly lucky. Made a stupid mistake and managed to get away with it. That was almost a nightmare.

Hot damn. Congratulations. Ho-Oh has a great Shiny too.

Are in you in a different Kalos/Hoenn than the rest of us? I have an Aurous and it dies to everything man.
Its defensive stats are 123/72/92. It really is bulky as fuck, just with shit typing:

252+ SpA Abomasnow Giga Drain vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Aurorus: 230-272 (59.2 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Aurorus: 332-392 (85.5 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Doubles calc: 252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 320-380 (82.4 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I don't think it's that good of a Pokemon but it's still bulky enough to take hits it shouldn't be taking. It's also pretty fun to use a scarf one in Battle Spot Doubles.

I know other people complained about getting bored, but I like the pacing of this game a lot more than X and Y, with that ridiculous stretch between the first and second gyms, and the sort of aimless wandering around gyms 5-7.

I'm currently looking for a Sheer force Drilbur (or Excadrill, either works). I don't have much to offer, except Speed Boost Venipedes at this point.

I know other people complained about getting bored, but I like the pacing of this game a lot more than X and Y, with that ridiculous stretch between the first and second gyms, and the sort of aimless wandering around gyms 5-7.

I question anyone who prefers the pacing of XY to ORAS. XY's pacing is the worst of any of the mainline pokemon games.

Pierate

Sigh, I'm having some seriously bad luck getting synchronize to work on Rayquaza, two out of ten have been jolly so far :/

Meanwhile in Latias news the RNG gods have decided to smite me:
#380 Latias [Naive]
IVs: 30, 31 / 0 - 3 / 30, 31 / 20 - 23 / 30, 31 / 30, 31
FUCKING NAIVE AGAIN WHY?
I got another good spread on Naive earlier...then after resetting kept getting Timid with like 0-3 SpA

Yeah, synchronizing natures have been very hit or miss for me too.
For me it is more frustration that the two false positive natures (naive) have had way better IV spreads than the timid ones, like the game is being spiteful here...to think how many more resets it would have been where it not for my 87 speed Spiritomb (sassy nature, 31 speed IVs level 92)
Edit: 87...not 97...

Finally got up to 50 win streak on super singles. Man some of the sets the ai had were really weird. Like, why are the pokemon holding Toxic and Flame orbs if they don't even have the abilites that benefit from them. I thought Machamp had a Flame orb for a guts boosted CC, that shit did nothing.
Also, a Latias had managed to evade my Greninja's Ice Beam. It didn't miss, it was evaded. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?! That got me so mad lol. Oh well, I got the BP for the items I needed, hopefully won't have to go back there for a while.

Finally got up to 50 win streak on super singles. Man some of the sets the ai had were really weird. Like, why are the pokemon holding Toxic and Flame orbs if they don't even have the abilites that benefit from them. I thought Machamp had a Flame orb for a guts boosted CC, that shit did nothing.
Also, a Latias had managed to evade my Greninja's Ice Beam. It didn't miss, it was evaded. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?! That got me so mad lol. Oh well, I got the BP for the items I needed, hopefully won't have to go back there for a while.
The abilities are random while the sets are fixed. Like you said, it is pretty stupid for anything with guts.

The Latias sets tend to run either white herb (Draco Meteor) or are holding the evade boost incense. That is how it dodged the Ice Beam.

Edit:
#380 Latias [Timid]
IVs: 30, 31 / 17, 18, 19 / 27, 28, 29 / 24, 25, 26 / 30, 31 / 30, 31
IVs: 31 / 17, 19 / 27, 29 / 24, 26 / 31 / 31
That'll do.

Well, Wally's Gallade pretty much got destroyed by Foul Play. Does this thing have any fighting type moves at all? It used Slash twice on SHIFTRY. lol

Badass music tho

Meanwhile in Latias news the RNG gods have decided to smite me:
#380 Latias [Naive]
IVs: 30, 31 / 0 - 3 / 30, 31 / 20 - 23 / 30, 31 / 30, 31
FUCKING NAIVE AGAIN WHY?
I got another good spread on Naive earlier...then after resetting kept getting Timid with like 0-3 SpA

I make a point of not even looking at stats if the nature is bad, and this is the reason why.

one_kill

I'm going to stop playing Pokemon for a while as I'm starting to feel burnt out with organising my boxes, lol.

I've got too many Pokemon. Some are purely for my living dex, others are competitive, some collections here and there (like Unown, events, etc.). It's a mess, but at least right now it's an organised mess.

Also need to transfer items from XY to ORAS as I can't be bothered going through the trouble of getting them.

DaBoss

Currently at 710 flags, barely get anyone with a Bronze or higher, but still making progress at least. I probably have 20 everstones and 7 of each evolution stone at least lol.

Been spreading Eon Tickets and my Gold Flag base through StreetPass and HomePass, so hopefully I'm helping people out.

Some people make their bases tricky. You have to go through it multiple times or pray to the RNG gods that it will teleport you to the correct teleport pad. I'm expecting for someone to make one I can't get out of eventually.

My base (long narrow cave) on the other hand has a teleport pad to get you closer to the flag and where I stand lol.
I make a point of not even looking at stats if the nature is bad, and this is the reason why.
Yea, you don't want to deal with that lol.

Ladekabel

Is there a chance to catch
Deoxys
with Ultra Balls at the end of
Delta Episode
? I threw like 30 when its HP bar was almost down and it didn't want to stay in the ball.
Waisted my Master Ball on Groudon stupid as I am.

MicH

Deoxys
Delta Episode
? I threw like 30 when its HP bar was almost down and it didn't want to stay in the ball.
I caught him I'm my second ultra ball, so yes :p

Kinokou

Currently at 710 flags, barely get anyone with a Bronze or higher, but still making progress at least. I probably have 20 everstones and 7 of each evolution stone at least lol.

Been spreading Eon Tickets and my Gold Flag base through StreetPass and HomePass, so hopefully I'm helping people out.

Some people make their bases tricky. You have to go through it multiple times or pray to the RNG gods that it will teleport you to the correct teleport pad. I'm expecting for someone to make one I can't get out of eventually.

My base (long narrow cave) on the other hand has a teleport pad to get you closer to the flag and where I stand lol.

Yea, you don't want to deal with that lol.

I would love getting two everstones, I don't have anything in particular to trade however. But I can EV train something for you or try picking up a good potential Shroomish if that's okay.

Toxi

Banned
One thing that I kinda enjoy: They actually made May/Brendan a memorable and cool rival. RSE May/Brendan always were at the bottom of rival ranking lists, but the changes in ORAS really made them way better. I especially like the
post-credits fight, even if the levels were too low compared to the Elite 4.

XY's rivals now truly confirmed bottom of the barrel.

Deoxys
Delta Episode
Just KO it and catch it later at the top of that tower.

Maybe this will be useful for someone who wants to scout the speed of legendaries or maybe you'll find it useless. I picked Spritomb for the reason that its base speed covers a tonne of them purely by EV training and it should be able to tank hits (I suppose you could also Memento to make whatever comes in to false swipe have an easier time staying alive). Obviously it is bred to have infiltrator and not pressure (which would be a disaster). It can also use Hypnosis for those occasions where your false swipe user fails to put things to sleep *glares at Virizion*.

The Spritomb in mind has 31 Speed IVs but a Sassy nature and is level 100 (thank you Blissey).
So ORAS island legends (base > max speed they are for natures syncd):
Heatran 77 > 97 (Modest)
Mesprit 80 > 100 (Bold/Modest 04:00-19:59)
Cresselia 85 > 105 (Calm/Bold/Modest)
Suicune 85 > 105 (Bold :40-:00)
Giratina 90 > 110 (Impish)
Ho-Oh 90 > 110 (Adamant)
Reshiram 90 > 121 (Timid)
Kyurem 95 > 155 (Modest)
Uxie 95 > 115 (Bold 20:00 to 21:00)
Palkia 100 > 132 (Timid)
Entei 100 > 120 (Adamant :20-:40)
Regigigas 100 > 120 (Adamant)
Landorus 101 > 121 (Adamant)
Musketeers 108 > 140 (Jolly)
Tornadus 111 > 144 (Timid/Jolly, better SpA but better physical pool)
Azelf 115 > 148 (timid, 21:00 to 03:59)
Raikou 115 > 148 (timid, I'd like HP Ice but...bad enough to breed for this shit...:00-:20)

Level 100 Spioritiomb 31 Spe IV Sassy nature speeds:
147 speed. 232 EV (252-20)
143 speed. 212 EV (200+8+4 or 252-40)
139 speed. 196 EV (200-10+6 or 200+8+8-20) musketeers are done
131 speed. 160 EV (200-40)
120 speed. 112 EV (100+8+4)
119 speed. 108 EV (100+8)
114 speed. 84 EV (100-20+4)
109 speed. 64 EV (50+8+8)
107 speed. 52 EV (50+4+2) Groudon/Kyogre +Spe
104 speed. 40 EV (50-10)
99 speed. 12 EV (8+4) Groudon/Kyogre
96 speed. 4 EV (4)
(Pokerus) vs. Whismur w/power items for 8s...vs. 1 speed monster w/macho brace for 4s? (or super training), 2s, vs. 1 speed monster no hold items.
How do you - EV. Tamato Berry :)

Disclaimer. I may be made mistakes but I'm probably going to be the victim here as much as anyone also I only did it for OR stuff as that is what I own. For things like Dialgia watch out as its base speed is different to Palkia. No idea if the natures selected are current meta or anything. Also they will be useless in certain strategies (there is niche trick room use seen in the lake trio for example).

One thing that I kinda enjoy: They actually made May/Brendan a memorable and cool rival. RSE May/Brendan always were at the bottom of rival ranking lists, but the changes in ORAS really made them way better. I especially like the
post-credits fight, even if the levels were too low compared to the Elite 4.

XY's rivals now truly confirmed bottom of the barrel.

I actually completely forgot those "rivals", they were completely useless. After playing this game X/Y feels like a 3D test, so many things are done better.

And those are really handy Starwolf, thanks!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing the Delta episode right now, and apparently
there's a second Hoenn or something out there. Could it be a reference to the GBA games? Could it mean that the remake takes place in a parallel world, and both worlds are actually canon at the same time? If that's true, then my mind is blown. I thought these remakes were supposed to be upgrades of the original games (therefore replacing them), not new stories on top of them. Wow!

I'm playing the Delta episode right now, and apparently
there's a second Hoenn or something out there. Could it be a reference to the GBA games? Could it mean that the remake takes place in a parallel world, and both worlds are actually canon at the same time? If that's true, then my mind is blown. I thought these remakes were supposed to be upgrades of the original games (therefore replacing them), not new stories on top of them. Wow!

Yeah, I think that's what they went for.

ffdgh

Annd Champion status get!

22k2q3P.png

Had to finally turn on the exp share for the E4 since my team was a bit under leveled but surprsingly, it wasn't too overwhelming until I got to Steven...

Now for the delta episode!

I'd rather a tricky base than one where the whole thing is walled off. Can't even go one step inside. And I've seen several of those.

Top Bottom