• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

suikodan

Is it normal that I can't exchange one Pokemon if I don't have the National Pokedex?

I tried trading Mew and it said that I cannot trade it since it's rare. :p

Muku

Is it normal that I can't exchange one Pokemon if I don't have the National Pokedex?

You can't trade event Pokemon. Mew, Shaymin, Arceus, etc.

Edit: Should say on GTS. You can do person to person trades though.

one_kill

Trading via GTS? In XY, you couldn't trade event legendaries through GTS so maybe it's the same deal for ORAS

spiritfox

6TduBNl.png

Finally beat the champion. It was fun using Pokemon I wouldn't have used normally. Masquerain is the MVP throughout the game, with her huge movepool and Intimidate. Tropius is just there being a HM slave =P

Now to bring in my REAL party.

one_kill

I really like the cut scene after you catch Kyogre/Groudon. Can't wait to try out Primal Kyogre. I'm going to bring my ubers team and body some folks online!

Azuran

Banned
Oh shit! Look what I got when I was in Fiery Path looking for the fire stone for my Vulpix. First time encountered too:

tZKatSJ.jpg

Yay!

Sorry for the crappy quality, but I was way to excited to play with the settings. :p

Muku

Nice, congrats on the shinies guys! That goldeen is pretty awesome.

Got OR today. Guess I'll have something to jump into once I finish AS. But still on Southern Island for now, so who knows when that'll be, haha.

Caladrius

Ughhh I want to transfer the rest of my my Pokemon collection now, but since I can't open Omega Ruby half of them are stuck in X/Y until Christmas no matter what..

Primal Kyogre is actually kinda lackluster :\ Drizzle is just too good to give up.

To be fair, Drizzle just lasts 5 turns no matter what now, so it's only going to have so much utility provided your Kyogre doesn't switch out/die almost immediately.

Well instead being like everyone else and chain fishing a shiny Magikarp while they were looking for something else, I chained fished up a shiny Goldeen. Woo!

Congraturation! Pity there isn't more of a difference, but a shiny's a shiny.

Reminds me that I need to get back to Soft-Resetting for a Shiny Zekrom.
Kingdom Hearts 2.5 kinda ripped me away from that big time.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Finally evolved Kirlia into Gallade. Had to bring a dawn stone over from super training in x though. Strange you can get Ralts so early but usually can't evolve it until after the story.

Caladrius

Finally evolved Kirlia into Gallade. Had to bring a dawn stone over from super training in x though. Strange you can get Ralts so early but usually can't evolve it until after the story.

Gallade is downright Beastly in-game if you slap a few TMs on him (or,if you want to cheat, import a few heart scales.) Especially so once you learn Sword Dance and Psycho Cut at level 26 and 31.

Gallade pretty much sweeped the field whenever I used him. If it weren't for Mega Aggron being so damned beefy he and Flygon would have been my MVPs.

Is anyone getting a bunch of Errors while playing the game? I've had a few errors once or twice before in other games but since I bought Pokemon they've been happening way to frequently thats making me have to shut off the system every single time.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Gallade is downright Beastly in-game if you slap a few TMs on him (or,if you want to cheat, import a few heart scales.) Especially so once you learn Sword Dance and Psycho Cut at level 26 and 31.

Gallade pretty much sweeped the field whenever I used him. If it weren't for Mega Aggron being so damned beefy he and Flygon would have been my MVPs.

Yeah that's right. I wanted to evolve him early for the level up moves.

Muku

Is anyone getting a bunch of Errors while playing the game? I've had a few errors once or twice before in other games but since I bought Pokemon they've been happening way to frequently thats making me have to shut off the system every single time.

Are you playing online and getting online errors or are these just errors while playing offline? I've not had that trouble with AS so far. What kind of errors are you getting anyway?

Are you playing online and getting online errors or are these just errors while playing offline? I've not had that trouble with AS so far. What kind of errors are you getting anyway?

Offline. Its usually "An Error has occurred please press the power button to shut off the system." Then sometimes i'll get an "Your SD Card has been ejected, please power off the system and insert SD Card" I've only had these problems once or twice before but since getting AS i get it every few hours and sometimes even a few times in a 5 min span.

one_kill

I'll pass on that. Finding a ! Unown was already hard, the shiny one would be impossible.
I have a shiny ! Unown :x
it's gokegen'd

I also have all the Unowns. I remember hunting each of them down in GS and then in DPP. Glad to hear they're back.

Primal Kyogre is actually kinda lackluster :\ Drizzle is just too good to give up.
For me, it's actually losing the Assault Vest that hinders Kyogre. Primal is nice, but I like AV Kyogre better

MicH

I'll gladly add more people if they want to take advantage of my flag collecting. I'd also like to add everyone who's doing the same. My FC is in my profile - please PM me if you add me so I can add you back :)

one_kill

Just got the last badge
Discovered that I was missing Boldore in my living dex so I went back to XY to breed one

Guess I'll do the E4 tomorrow
Might hunt down some secret bases

Linius

Oh shit! Look what I got when I was in Fiery Path looking for the fire stone for my Vulpix. First time encountered too:

tZKatSJ.jpg

Yay!

Sorry for the crappy quality, but I was way to excited to play with the settings. :p

Does it have sticky hold? Then you should totally use shiny Grimer to fish up more shiny pokemons :p

Well instead being like everyone else and chain fishing a shiny Magikarp while they were looking for something else, I chained fished up a shiny Goldeen. Woo!

Awesome!

Yay, I finally got Miragle Cave with the Ditto. Sadly, using dexnav in caves is terrible. I'm only interested in the 3* potential ones and those seem to move around/run away a lot quicker than the rest (this is why it is terrible). Plus the constant "nothing can be found, try searching elsewhere"

I just charged my phone so I could record the last ball throw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpkxM0MYtqM

7GZlpLP.jpg

I got so incredibly lucky. Made a stupid mistake and managed to get away with it. That was almost a nightmare.
Nicely done.

is there an up to date guide for collecting flags?
I take it you've read this post:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141855571&postcount=6949
That is all there really is to know about it besides being friends with people doing the same.

Yrael

The code should be valid until February, IIRC.

I missed out on the shiny Gengar because when I asked for one at EB Games, they told me that since it was the day after the promotion giveaway period, the code would no longer be valid so there'd be no point in even giving me one of their leftover codes.

*sigh* They're so terrible sometimes.

Hi, if anyone has got TM 53 (Energy Ball, postgame only), could they teach it to my ludicolo in place of absorb? I have shinies (most with good ivs) of all the base form gen 6 Pokemon.

Hi guys, a quick question.

If I trade an Umbreon to OR/ASto have it learn Foul Play/Heal Bell and trade it back, it'll work right? It's only if Kalos Pokemon learn new move tutor stuff that they can't be traded back?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hi guys, a quick question.

If I trade an Umbreon to OR/ASto have it learn Foul Play/Heal Bell and trade it back, it'll work right? It's only if Kalos Pokemon learn new move tutor stuff that they can't be traded back?

iirc moves learned aren't restricted unless the move itself doesn't exist.

Varion

I haven't redeemed my Diancie code in XY yet. Am I fucked? Do they shut that shit off?
Nah, you're good. Seems like the codes should be valid for quite a while -- I got a friend to redeem mine a couple of days and it was fine.

Too bad we also ran into the stupid IV glitch so it's far less than ideal, but oh well :(

Congratulations on the recent shinies guys! I thought about SRing yesterday but got caught up in my amiibo hype and played all day against mine.

ffdgh

Wow that primal kyogre theme...Got chills from the original gba theme snuck in there. Soaring is awesome! Goodbye fly moveslot! :D

While in the Mirage Cave I wound up with a Shiny Tynamo. Shame the design is so bad (Eelektrik is bad too) but I guess seaweed green Eelektrossis neat.

Resetting just to get a decen Groudon is a pain. No thanks, those cutscenes are long.
Thats why you are supposed to kill it and come back after the Elite 4.
Yes it respwans
Btw you can do the same thing to
Deoxys (which is even worse than Groudon)

Resetting just to get a decen Groudon is a pain. No thanks, those cutscenes are long.

Also Rest....

It was even worse for me since my False Swiper(Bisharp) is weak to all of his attacks and they OHKO him. Getting good IV's is not worth the trouble.
Thats why you are supposed to kill it and come back after the Elite 4.
Yes it respwans
Btw you can do the same thing to
Deoxys (which is even worse than Groudon)
The cutscene for Groudon remains though. Maybe it's slightly shorter but still a pain.

Top Bottom