• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

DaBoss

The GOOD thing about sticking strictly to R/S is that Steven ins the champion instead of Wallace.

Wallace is the lamest
But he isn't the true ultimate trainer like he was in Emerald. I think that's better than being someone who can't leave his position despite being a loser and no longer having the title (AKA a "champion").

I have no idea why they weren't given their Emerald team (Claydol and Xatu added). Same with Wattson (Has a Manectric in Emerald).

Yep.

They were the hardest in Emerald though, for real. Xatu and Claydol wrecked my shit.

Yep, I agree. I know it's a remake of R/S and all that but the Emerald teams we so so so much better for every Gym Leader.

Also, does anyone know where Trick Master hides in his house for the puzzle after the 7th gym?

The GOOD thing about sticking strictly to R/S is that Steven ins the champion instead of Wallace.

Wallace is the lamest

YES! Thank god for that, keep that dude away from the Champion position. I always thought that he was strange back in the days, now he reminds me of a lame male Lady Gaga.

Although battling him instead of Steven on the E4 rematch wouldn't be bad, it would be a fun addition. However, if they did that then I would've wanted them to let us fight Steven elsewhere.

Yeah I agree on the whole gym leader thing. They were too easy. And I felt like HGSS incorporated more of Crystal than ORAS incorporates Emerald. Shame. Should've thrown in the Emerald lineup as suggested.

ffdgh

Wallace makes a great gym leader atlease...tho I can't say I'm a fan of his new look. Kinda prefer when he was...what the world...elegant instead of fabulous.

DaBoss

Water-type Gym Leaders are just all around terrible. It must be a pattern. You have the god-like Juan, and then the somewhat tolerable Misty, and then you have these douchebags known as Marlon and Wallace. What's worse is ORAS Wallace some how got worse.
The greatest water-type (and the only good one) gym leader of our time.

Wallace makes a great gym leader atlease...tho I can't say I'm a fan of his new look. Kinda prefer when he was...what the world...elegant instead of fabulous.

He just seems to be the wrong side of fabulous now.

Look at Steven, he's the right side of fabulous.

Then again I liked Emerald Wallace cause of that cape.

Water-type Gym Leaders are just all around terrible. It must be a pattern. You have the god-like Juan, and then the somewhat tolerable Misty, and then you have these douchebags known as Marlon and Wallace. What's worse is ORAS Wallace some how got worse.

How could you forget:

"The ring is my roiling sea. ♪
The towering waves shaped me.
Crash! Crash! Crasher Wake!
I’m the tidal wave of power to wash you away!
Put out the fire, Crasher Wake!
Run from electricity, Crasher Wake!
Ah, ah, aaaah!
The ring is my sea. ♪"

I liked Marlon though. Even if he was basically plot-irrelevant.

DaBoss

I know was only kidding d:
Well you got me lol.
How could you forget:

"The ring is my roiling sea. ♪
The towering waves shaped me.
I’m the tidal wave of power to wash you away!
Put out the fire, Crasher Wake!
Run from electricity, Crasher Wake!
Ah, ah, aaaah!
The ring is my sea. ♪"

I liked Marlon though. Even if he was basically plot-irrelevant.
Clearly you ed-

Wait, I definitely forgot Crasher Wake for a good reason. :p

As for Marlon...Drayden is the coolest, so I was surprised he wasn't the last gym leader. So I went to Humilau wondering who it is going to be. And then I see Marlon doing the surfer boy talk. Then I defeated him, so after I get my badge, he does what any gym leader would do...he floats away...

I put down the game right there and just drank some water to help with the shock of what happened.

I may or may not be exaggerating for some dramatic effect. :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I start sweating hard during a long chain, I think that happens because I don't breath until I land a chain, like a sniper before hitting a target. Sorry if this sounds silly.

And good luck, eventually you'll get yours.
Hopefully you'll not get hooked like I did after getting the first one.
I hope I don't! My plan is to get it, then start resetting until I can land a shiny Latios, and that's it. For now at least :p

Sharpedo is the ultimate HM slave. Surf, Dive, Rock Smash, Strength, and with the Eon Flute and Swampert using Waterfall I'm completely set.
lol, I have the exact same Sharpedo, and also use Dive with Swampy. It feels weird to have two water mons on the team, though.

Lexxism

Where I can find the berries that will remove the EV? It still sucks that Rayquaza needed to be leading the party for Delta episode -_-

Toxi

Banned
Where I can find the berries that will remove the EV? It still sucks that Rayquaza needed to be leading the party for Delta episode -_-
There are Super Training Reset Bags that remove all EVs from a Pokemon. Very useful to have and way more convenient than the berries.

Keep hitting the bag of Super Training without a bag actually being there (hit the stock gray one). Eventually you will get the "Reset Bag", that will reset your EVs.

Nita's entire thing is hax

That bitch hit Hypnosis 4x in a row(no misses), that Purugly is fast as sin. Good thing my pokes were way too strong to lose.

GET STARMIE'D

Lexxism

There are Super Training Reset Bags that remove all EVs from a Pokemon. Very useful to have and way more convenient than the berries.

Keep hitting the bag of Super Training without a bag actually being there (hit the stock gray one). Eventually you will get the "Reset Bag", that will reset your EVs.

Oh, yeah. Totally forgot the super training. Finally got one after a while.

Griss

Haven't got 'stuck' looking for a pokemon in ages but Staryu is being a real pain in the ass right now. Was on a chain of 25 Wailmer before I said screw it.

It doesn't need to be daytime or something, does it?

Some older Pokemon that didn't really feature in X and Y look so good in 3D, usually the spherical ones, or the ones with like a large surface area. Noticeable ones for me have been Sealeo, the Aron family, Cacnea and Seedot family.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I know that of course.

It's just that I never, ever encountered a base in that location during my journey to Platinum.

I see several common bases show up every time I go online and refresh my bases.

The fiery cave, both sides of Meteor Falls, the mid-Rusturf Tunnel, and both sides of Fortree.

49 in ORAS but yes. Can't re-learn a move it never knew!

How does that work with Piloswine then?
I taught it Ancient Power through the move relearner, and she never knew the move before hand.

Is it GameFreaks lazy way of making it possible to evolve Piloswine without breeding?

I see several common bases show up every time I go online and refresh my bases.

The fiery cave, both sides of Meteor Falls, the mid-Rusturf Tunnel, and both sides of Fortree.
Fiery Cave was uncommon for me, same with mid-Rusturf. Still saw it several times though.

Most common? Probably the tree on Route 111.

I taught it Ancient Power through the move relearner, and she never knew the move before hand.

Is it GameFreaks lazy way of making it possible to evolve Piloswine without breeding?

every pokemon has a pool of moves they can learn. They're not always "possible" to be learned normally, however. For example, plenty of fully evolved pokemon have level 1 moves. Some of those level 1 moves are never learned through leveling normally, so they're usually gained through the move relearner.
Ancient Power is one such move.

He learns it at Level 1 (behind four other moves that would take precedence) and by breeding.

Annd Champion status get!

22k2q3P.png

Had to finally turn on the exp share for the E4 since my team was a bit under leveled but surprsingly, it wasn't too overwhelming until I got to Steven...

Now for the delta episode!

I assume they are all level 100?

I wish Tropius was good, or even got a Mega, I love the design.

tropius is okay in sun, but outside of it he's pretty useless, and he's not bulky enough to reliably take sun-boosted fire moves (including 60 base power hidden power), so he needs a LOT of support for very little pay off. Exeggutor and trevanat outclass tropius in a big way.

I'm sure it's been said already, but Delta Episode is amazing and makes everything beautifully canonical. Fantastic addition to the story and Rayquaza continues to be hype.

entremet

I notice some streamers only buy Lemonades and Moo Moo Milks instead of potions. I guess it saves money, but money is so easy to get in Pokemon games, especially with the Amulet coin.

Top Bottom